Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Snak posted:

I watched like 8 eps of Supernatural, and I wanted to like it, but it just seemed so boring and procedural.

The first season is a little boring compared to the heights it reaches later and it is definitely a procedural show, although it was one of the first ones to really mix season-long arcs with serialized episodes in a good way instead of having a distinct split between mytharc and monster-of-the-week stuff like X-Files did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

I'm watching The Real Ghostbusters right now.

Ah, J. Michael Straczynski's best TV series.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

What's a good cheap skeleton clicker that can be played solo. (Online is okay but not necessary)

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I have no idea what a Skeleton Clicker is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

An sjw clicker

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Diablo 2

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Palpek posted:

- Some Scientology organization wants to be independant from The Church of Scientology that they think has created a monopoly for itself via various methods including trademarks
- This Scientology organization files a trademark for First Independent Church of Scientology but is denied because Scientology is trademarked
- They try to fight against the denial arguing that 'scientology' has become a generic term and they give different examples of its mainstream usage for the judge/jury to consider including the "scientology of pizza" thread in byob with its pyramid-pizza head photoshops
- Lol

It's all fun and games until you realize that the way the CoS operates means that whoever tried that poo poo is gonna be dead and broke (maybe even in that order)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Sefal posted:

It's this.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

You could see how you like Path of Exile - it's free.

Victor Vran is dirt cheap and is really cool but more in the direction of Gauntlet gameplay where your manouverability matters.

Other than that - get Diablo 3 + expansion or Grim Dawn on a discount. They're both really good and robust.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What's a good cheap skeleton clicker that can be played solo. (Online is okay but not necessary)

Bastion

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Sefal posted:

When you click a bone it makes a different xylophone donk

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

Videogames aren't a dying industry

i meant anime

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FauxLeather posted:

When you click a bone it makes a different xylophone donk

games about bone donking are something different I think

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Look forward to my new visual novel on Steam Greenlight, Skel-lay-ton

edit: Look forward to the new Halloween special sequel to everyone's favorite puzzle solver series, Skel-Layton

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

wizard on a water slide posted:

and the act of killing IS a great film but probably don't watch it when you're already in a dark mood bc it won't make you feel much better

I went to a screening of it with a girl I had just recently met and she kept laughing during these really awful, harrowing scenes. When it was over we were talking about it and she didn't really seem to have a problem with what the men did in it because that's just "the kind of thing that happens" :stare:

anyway it turned out she was in the Territorial Army and is probably a secret murderous psychopath

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Paperhouse posted:

I went to a screening of it with a girl I had just recently met and she kept laughing during these really awful, harrowing scenes. When it was over we were talking about it and she didn't really seem to have a problem with what the men did in it because that's just "the kind of thing that happens" :stare:

anyway it turned out she was in the Territorial Army and is probably a secret murderous psychopath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2S9zmJY-yE

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I said hey

What's goin on games chat thread

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Guy Mann posted:

The first season is a little boring compared to the heights it reaches later and it is definitely a procedural show, although it was one of the first ones to really mix season-long arcs with serialized episodes in a good way instead of having a distinct split between mytharc and monster-of-the-week stuff like X-Files did.

Shows about spooky stuff and monsters should be nothing but monster of the week. Myth arcs and season-long storylines can go to hell.

FirstAidKite posted:

I said hey

What's goin on games chat thread

I accidentally gay married in Dragon's Dogma.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Congrats

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Shows about spooky stuff and monsters should be nothing but monster of the week. Myth arcs and season-long storylines can go to hell.

I accidentally gay married in Dragon's Dogma.

Did you marry that one quest guy who I guess lots of people accidentally marry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Palpek posted:

Apparently a BYOB thread was used as documentation in an irl trademark infringement denial document: http://religiouslibertyleague.org/Response%20TM%20Denial%20re%20Logo.pdf

I'm loving dying.

Lmao

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Did you marry that one quest guy who I guess lots of people accidentally marry

I married a bad guy, somehow. I guess I accidentally let my other potential love interests skip town and this guy was just super grateful for me not murdering him. I didn't even know you could marry people in this game and the relationship system is really obtuse so I didn't bother at all.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Oh yeah if you save Julian you're pretty much guaranteed to marry him since it maxes out his affection and its right before the cutoff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I just wanted him to have to explain his actions in medieval court!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DD's romance system sounds like something taro or suda would make as a gag

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Alienation worth playing if I thought Dead Nation was kinda boring

I was thinking about it today because I don't think I've downloaded any of the PS+ games this year

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Alienation worth playing if I thought Dead Nation was kinda boring

I was thinking about it today because I don't think I've downloaded any of the PS+ games this year

Alienation is awesome

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Snak posted:

When I saw Alien: Covenant, there was a guy with two children sitting in the row in front of me. I didn't really notice the girl, she was older, I think , probably like 14 or something. But the son sat directly in front of me, and I think he was like 10. I hope he appreciated how awesome the movie was and became a lifelong fan, as so many kids did with poo poo like that in past decades.

He probably will now think the series is lame and not watch the good ones, like so many kids did who were dragged to lovely sequels or prequels in the 90s

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's probably someone out there who's first Terminator was Salvation.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Imagine all the unfortunate people who are now going to buy the Crash Bandicoot trilogy for this exact reason.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I'm actually starting to kind of like Phantom Hourglass, although I'm already tired of the fishing mini-game. That "you have to close your DS" puzzle was really loving confusing on the Wii U, though.

If you still like it by the end, check out spirit tracks! I know this is a controversial opinion but I think it's a big improvement

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Guy Mann posted:

The first five seasons of Supernatural are legitimately good TV and it makes me sad that a lot of people who love similar shows like X-Files never really give it a chance because of the fanbase or the connotations of it being a CW show with two hunks as the leads.

I watched the first season and I remember enjoying the fact that every episode was essentially just a modern-style horror movie, but two hunks would kill the monster in the last act. The heroes live within this world of early 2000's and onward, low-budget horror. I think now it's about the apocalypse though? Is it still running?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Imagine all the unfortunate people who are now going to buy the Crash Bandicoot trilogy for this exact reason.
Warped was a good game at the time but anyone interested in the trilogy is better off playing Ratchet and Clank or the Jak collection for PS3

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I'm on a mission to Play all the Steam Games I Bought, and I'm just popping in to say, uh! Sonic Adventure sucks rear end!!!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Only 5/6ths of Sonic Adventure sucks! The Sonic stages are real good!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

precision posted:

oh wow holy poo poo yeah i recognized his style immediately but i had no idea ONE GUY did all that :stare:
He had a deviantart account where he posted the keyframe animations for a bunch of them, mostly eva, flcl, and gunbuster iirc. I think he might have closed it though. That was the point when I really understood the amount of work that went into every single frame of animation, it was insane.

He rules.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sonic adventure and sonic adventure 2 are locked in endless battle to determine which is my favorite shittiest game and i consistently decide it's sa2 just because it doesn't cut out the cheesy music half way through a big final boss

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What is the best Sonic game cheesy final boss music? I gotta go with Unleashed, personally.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sonic adventure 2 rules. it's so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

chumbler posted:

What is the best Sonic game cheesy final boss music? I gotta go with Unleashed, personally.

SA2 wins hands down.

Live and leaaaaarn~

• Locked thread