Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wanna face gently caress these forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:regd04:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

we aren't gonna pay either m8

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i would do this out of the generosity of my heart

did i tell u i got sent a care package with 80 condoms lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

nice

post a pic

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/etthq/status/869048861024632834

pram
Jun 10, 2001
incredible

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lmao

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

what the gently caress is the yellow thing, a sponge? and what's in the tube

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

mishaq posted:

what the gently caress is the yellow thing, a sponge? and what's in the tube

it's ya mum

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sponge is for period sexy and tube is lube. am yet to read the book

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

you best get some better lube than that tbh

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
go to the loving alchemist or whatever you call a pharmacy down there

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

:regd09:

regdog 4 lyfe woo woo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

go to the loving alchemist or whatever you call a pharmacy down there

hmm

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

shush

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol where would i ever find a pharmacy

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

lol where would i ever find a pharmacy

it's up your butt dogg

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

i love period sex

it's the best lube :q:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

value-brand cereal posted:

Someone summon Ian Mclean back. Unless he really was Kirk. I forget.

Yeah, this was confirmed a while ago

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Syncopated posted:

Yeah, this was confirmed a while ago

nuh uh

well, hats off to kirk then

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
wait wait wait did kirk make up statspedia or whatever as a joke?

drat i'm lazy

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Sagebrush posted:

like, for instance, the GBS news threads i think were something that was specifically cited by lowtax/someone as a thing that they hated. but moving them all to D&D was a disaster. in the prior situation, someone would post a funny news story in GBS and then it'd be lighthearted discussion among all the random forumgoers and someone would make a photoshop of it and it'd go on for a few pages and be cheeky and fun. and yeah there would be half a dozen threads like that per week but whatever.

in D&D it would have to get posted in one of the existing threads, because making a new topic for just one news article would get the thread instaclosed, and a bunch of insufferable hydrocephalic college philosophers would show up and deconstruct it and it would disintegrate into zizekesque pseudointellectualism and anyone trying to participate would get steamrolled into the ground by fishmech or smg or whoever.

garbage.

Yeah, I never understood the "GBS is not RSS" rule. Why not? People want to talk about current events in an environment that's not farty undergrad anarchist café.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

SmokaDustbowl posted:

loving alchemist

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

A huge part of SA's appeal over the last decade over, say, Reddit or Twitter, has been that this is the place where bigots and harassers don't get to run wild and shout down marginalised folk, and Lowtax showing that he instinctively sides with them over his website's actual userbase sucks

i thought this site had a neat dynamic when GBS was the grownup place with capitalization and strict "lol" probations while FYAD and FYAD-lites were where the free-for-all shitposting was. it was fun how the subcommunities were so different

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

gbs kinda is rss in that both are mostly dead

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
rss will never die

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hifi posted:

i dont understand how people say gbs is bad or good. there's photoshop threads in there now so maybe im looking at the wrong gbs. im not going to click on it because the thread title is probably better than the thread but i 've thought about "Pro Bathroom Life Hack - Have 2 Brands of Toilet Paper Ready To Go" more than once this week. and there's a juicero thread? not sure why yospos is complaining

have you considered going there and not coming back?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

have you considered going there and not coming back?

:drat:

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Actually I will say that SA still tends to have better quality content posting and information than most other forums if only because I very rarely feel like I have to play blade runner on the posts. Reddit/quora/facebook/twitter all have insane problems with sales bots. I'm fairly certain that most of the idiots here are 100% organic.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

El Mero Mero posted:

Actually I will say that SA still tends to have better quality content posting and information than most other forums if only because I very rarely feel like I have to play blade runner on the posts. Reddit/quora/facebook/twitter all have insane problems with sales bots. I'm fairly certain that most of the idiots here are 100% organic.

someone from logitech posts in the mouse thread

shaggar well, hmm

there's cremnob and

yep that's some organic crazy

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

El Mero Mero posted:

Nobody's gonna pay $10 to set up a bot account. That's the beauty of it.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

big scary monsters posted:

rss will never die

it already did, atom replaced it and no one noticed

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

rear end posted:

Nobody's gonna pay $10 to set up a bot account. That's the beauty of it.

except for yospos

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

CommunistPancake posted:

it already did, atom replaced it and no one noticed

I kind of thought Atom was just another name for RSS.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Doom Mathematic posted:

I kind of thought Atom was just another name for RSS.

Atom is what happened when a bunch of people who actually knew what they were doing set about to fix all the the half-assed hacks Dave Winer piled onto Netscape's RSS prototyping and then declared done

like when the dumbfuck Winer declared everything in RSS must be ASCII and that its date formats should be obvious

he's always had serious problems with being insufficiently precise, not to mention his complete inability to take feedback without flying off the handle and deciding the person giving feedback is an Enemy who wants him to Fail, and also with taking credit for other peoples' work (i.e. classic NPD symptoms)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

CrazyLittle posted:

except for yospos

rule 36 bicth

pram
Jun 10, 2001

eschaton posted:

not to mention his complete inability to take feedback without flying off the handle and deciding the person giving feedback is an Enemy who wants him to Fail

but enough about lowtax!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
holyl poo poo

• Locked thread