Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
if their money is such a burden they could give it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
well tbh, that is the reason that (in developed countries) you have social security that pays out a percentage of your last paid salary when you lose your job.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

invest in a good balaclava

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i remember when latrell sprewell (former NBA player) complained about how he wanted to get paid more because "i gotta feed my family" in the early 2000s and was widely mocked. maybe he should have gone into finance instead, he'd be loved more for saying that

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
"We make a lot of money, but we spend a lot of money." -Patrick Ewing

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

This is like the third time that kind of Hot Take has made the rounds, and I'm starting to wonder

Maybe the financial sector's professional culture of looking rich to look successful (i.e. what they have to do to be taken seriously) is so out of control that their obscene wealth really is having trouble keeping up with it, they're not making it up

Pretty much the same was true of Russian aristocrats in 1916 after all

I read some book that suggested the idea of fractal wealth. In the old world people were just kind of content being in the super rich club but now there's always someone richer and more exclusive than you. There's a world of difference between the 99% and the 1%, but there's the same amount of difference between the 1% and the .1%, etc etc

There's no real indicator of when you've actually "made it" in our society because there's always someone way richer than you

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
that's right wealth addicts attempt to justify their behavior in many foolish ways

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

I read some book that suggested the idea of fractal wealth. In the old world people were just kind of content being in the super rich club but now there's always someone richer and more exclusive than you. There's a world of difference between the 99% and the 1%, but there's the same amount of difference between the 1% and the .1%, etc etc

There's no real indicator of when you've actually "made it" in our society because there's always someone way richer than you

I heard it called Fractal Inequality. There's always someone so obscenely rich compared to you that you never feel like you've really "made it."

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that's right wealth addicts attempt to justify their behavior in many foolish ways

My favorite is "yes I'm rich, but I'm not one of those rich people. I'm actually very down to earth."

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

brb citing blockbuster for labor violations

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Those boxes look like Dominoes boxes, right? Because I agree feeding any human being Dominoes is a pretty appalling human rights violation.

Edit: I googled and I am correct. Apparently this has been a "funny" sign in their stores for a while.

mrmcd has issued a correction as of 19:55 on May 29, 2017

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
dominos doesnt have the best track record with slogans

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

mrmcd posted:

Those boxes look like Dominoes boxes, right? Because I agree feeding any human being Dominoes is a pretty appalling human rights violation.

Recently a large two-topping pizza was on sale for $6 if you bought online. It was a good value at that price. In fact, I would pay as much as $8.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
digirnios and freschetta are like the same quality but often go on sale for five bucks and you can bake em faster than waiting for delivery and dont have a driver to tip either

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Domino's: hey it could be worse, you could be eating Papa John's

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

got any sevens posted:

digirnios and freschetta are like the same quality but often go on sale for five bucks and you can bake em faster than waiting for delivery and dont have a driver to tip either

nah

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I mean I'm a gross smelly alcoholic goon as much as the next poster, but Jesus Christ. If your going to soil the sacred temple of your body with salt and saturated fat, pay the extra $4 for something that isn't "extruded industrial standard pizza product Dominoes formula #34-2C" and actually enjoy the experience.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

mrmcd posted:

I mean I'm a gross smelly alcoholic goon as much as the next poster, but Jesus Christ. If your going to soil the sacred temple of your body with salt and saturated fat, pay the extra $4 for something that isn't "extruded industrial standard pizza product Dominoes formula #34-2C" and actually enjoy the experience.

What if it's artisan tho?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Troy Queef posted:

Domino's: hey it could be worse, you could be eating Papa John's

True.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Dominoes is good

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
If you're eating chain pizza you can do significantly worse

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
dominos is okay as far as chains go too, check out their stores, its like a soulless assembly line

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

mrmcd posted:

Dont be such a goof. Dominos is fine

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Either spring for really good pizza from a local non chain shop or buy Little Caesars everything in between is too expensive for the quailty

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Dominos is the best cheap thin crust you can get

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chain food eaters

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Chain food eaters

Is that like a chain smoker

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

im forced regularly to eat papa johns. im trapped in an abusive relationship. please send help.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Is that like a chain smoker

yeah

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Best Giraffe posted:

im forced regularly to eat papa johns. im trapped in an abusive relationship. please send help.
-every dominoes employee

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i have a great pizza place near me so i have no need for chain pizza. domino's is decent if you've got nothing else around you though

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I like Pizza Pizza. :downs:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
shakeys pizza thin crust is good

saw this today. lol for two reasons

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

get that OUT of my face posted:

i have a great pizza place near me so i have no need for chain pizza. domino's is decent if you've got nothing else around you though

:same:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

thin crust pizza doesnt even fill you up, whats the dang point

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
higher topping to crust ratio means more delicious meats before you get full

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010