Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Herr Tog posted:

I will try to get SMT 3 now, thanks thread

http://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Shin_Megami_Tensei_3:_Nocturne here is thing for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Pokemon Clover and/or Pokemon Sage LP when?

when they're actually released, i imagine

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
Pokemon Clover exists but I really don't think it's good LP material. It has some decent jokes that aren't memes/Internet jokes/Always Sunny references but I think an LP of a joke game that's supposed to be dumb and ridiculous would almost be pointless in a way.

Plus, you know, the meme stuff and the racial stereotype pokemon.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

thanks!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Goddammit you're supposed to have your baptism by blood from Matador, to learn all that is good and evil from a spoopy skeleton who will kill you.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Hammurabi posted:

So I started playing Pokemon Clover last night. It's cute. It's meme garbage but it's fun ironic meme garbage. If no one objects I might do some LP posts in this thread for it (though I've never LP'd anything and I can't guarantee they'll be funny).
I'd suggest maybe doing so instead in the Casual LP Thread or in the Romhackeria/Fangames threads, depending upon which it is, and posting a link here. Also, use the test poster and link to each update. If Clover is trying to be deliberately offensive, you might want to make sure it's a thing people have to opt into.

Herr Tog posted:

If you have a PS3, I think Atlus (relatively) recently released ports of both Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga on the PSN Store.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Commander Keene posted:

I'd suggest maybe doing so instead in the Casual LP Thread or in the Romhackeria/Fangames threads, depending upon which it is, and posting a link here. Also, use the test poster and link to each update. If Clover is trying to be deliberately offensive, you might want to make sure it's a thing people have to opt into.

If you have a PS3, I think Atlus (relatively) recently released ports of both Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga on the PSN Store.

actually is there a general thread? I don't have a ps3 btw ;.;

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Herr Tog posted:

actually is there a general thread? I don't have a ps3 btw ;.;

there's an smt megathread if that's what you're looking for

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3428684

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
How did the thread get exposed to the Australian Pokemon sheet without a single person commenting in any way on Vegemite?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Kurieg posted:

I can get most of those as an ignorant Minnesotan, but I don't understand the tommi/Whycrow/Deadorse one (Beyond the fact that it's obviously a Dead Horse.) and the Big X's.

Australia has a bunch of tourist traps on the highways between cities. Stuff like the Big Pienapple, Big Banana and poo poo like that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Goddammit you're supposed to have your baptism by blood from Matador, to learn all that is good and evil from a spoopy skeleton who will kill you.

Dai! SOU!! JOU!!!

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 27, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Herr Tog posted:

Nocturne is so loving good. Hard, but so good.

Edit drat, that BIP page needs cleaning up. Hell, it's got a rape joke in it.

Edit2 And done. Much more readable now and doesn't totally give away the game with Matador!

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 27, 2017

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Testekill posted:

Australia has a bunch of tourist traps on the highways between cities. Stuff like the Big Pienapple, Big Banana and poo poo like that.

My favorite is the Big Lobster.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

senrath posted:

My favorite is the Big Lobster.

Big Merino or go home

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit2 And done. Much more readable now and doesn't totally give away the game with Matador!

You're a hero, that page was horrible and redundant before your work.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Eopia posted:

You're a hero, that page was horrible and redundant before your work.
:blush:

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI
I showed the australian pokedex to my not-blood-sister from Seattle and she didn't understand any of it. :negative:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Ace of Aces posted:

I showed the australian pokedex to my not-blood-sister from Seattle and she didn't understand any of it. :negative:

I'm from Seattle and I understood a lot of it. That's not a Seattle thing.

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI
I know. :negative:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

when they're actually released, i imagine

Clover's finished the 8th Gym so all it has left is the Elite Four and Post-Game stuff.

I have no idea where Sage is.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

Thank you, friend.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Xelkelvos posted:

Clover's finished the 8th Gym so all it has left is the Elite Four and Post-Game stuff.

I have no idea where Sage is.

Sage is apparently releasing a three gym demo Soon (tm). They currently have a one-badge demo out and a rather terrible April Fools' demo that promises the three gym demo.

Bydoless
Feb 25, 2017

Cooperate? Surrender the Forums you call "cooperate?"
So I guess here's a draft of the intro post for the Pokemon Reborn LP.

The current draft right now is meant for an individual thread for the LP. DONGS here will be replaced in the following update by whatever the thread votes for.

When we reach the end of the then-current "episode" for Pokemon Reborn, I'll probably follow up with Pokemon Rejuvenation in the same thread since Pokemon Reborn is unfinished and Rejuvenation is directly inspired by it.

This will also be posted in the LP Sandcastle thread, and in fact I'd recommend posting there instead of here in response to this test post for reasons.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Bydoless posted:

The current draft right now is meant for an individual thread for the LP. DONGS here will be replaced in the following update by whatever the thread votes for.

When we reach the end of the then-current "episode" for Pokemon Reborn, I'll probably follow up with Pokemon Rejuvenation in the same thread since Pokemon Reborn is unfinished and Rejuvenation is directly inspired by it.

This will also be posted in the LP Sandcastle thread, and in fact I'd recommend posting there instead of here in response to this test post for reasons.

Yes, everyone must suffer, all must doom and despair.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
hurt us moar dawg

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bydoless posted:

The edge is adorable

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

It's not sure if it's hilarious or disheartening how this usually goofy name manages to flow seamlessly into the dialogue of this game.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh man, that was so quintessential fourteen years old. I'd love to see more. :allears:

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Bydoless posted:

Do it.
And god Reborn's "badge" system is just that 'great' thing of, "Well, we don't want people to overlevel if they want too, so gently caress 'em, lets put in MANDATORY, ENFORCED level caps basically!". Can't have a 'hardcore, difficult, authentic' experience without artificial difficulty to make it hard.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
also slight update to earlier chat. Clovers league is now done, just a few days ago.

I will say, the main difference between your Clovers and your Reborns? Clover isn't pretending it's anything but a meme-hack. it's like the Goon-produced FF6 hack, it's entirely an in-joke to a bunch of goofs.

Reborn takes itself 100% seriously.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

krisslanza posted:

Do it.
And god Reborn's "badge" system is just that 'great' thing of, "Well, we don't want people to overlevel if they want too, so gently caress 'em, lets put in MANDATORY, ENFORCED level caps basically!". Can't have a 'hardcore, difficult, authentic' experience without artificial difficulty to make it hard.

Is it just me, or is there actually a 'max' cap of level 95? Does that mean that all 'mon level 96 and greater will never obey you?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Onmi posted:

also slight update to earlier chat. Clovers league is now done, just a few days ago.

I will say, the main difference between your Clovers and your Reborns? Clover isn't pretending it's anything but a meme-hack. it's like the Goon-produced FF6 hack, it's entirely an in-joke to a bunch of goofs.

Reborn takes itself 100% seriously.
on the flipside, clover is insanely racist, while i have yet to see anything racist in reborn, so point to it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

on the flipside, clover is insanely racist, while i have yet to see anything racist in reborn, so point to it.

No Reborn just has one of the gym leaders pretend to be gay to protect the feelings of another gym leader and when it's revealed the latter throws themself off a waterfall.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Onmi posted:

No Reborn just has one of the gym leaders pretend to be gay to protect the feelings of another gym leader and when it's revealed the latter throws themself off a waterfall.

:wtc:

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

Is it worrying that I now consider Uranium a good game when compared to Reborn? Because I'm not sure Uranium can reach the horrifying pinical Reborn has found itself in my eyes after one proto-update and a single snippet of information. I hope so at least.

Bydoless
Feb 25, 2017

Cooperate? Surrender the Forums you call "cooperate?"
If you haven't seen it already. The Pokemon Reborn LP is now live: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822012

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Onmi posted:

:stare:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Hey I guess Uranium ain't so bad after all

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Onmi posted:

Well that was the quickest I've bookmarked a thread in a while.

Christ alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Pokemon fangames: There's always more, and it's always worse.

• Locked thread