Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Comments about the show?

Comments about :airquote: females :airquote: bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

Comments about :airquote: females :airquote: bitches

It wouldn't surprise me that this would get him booted. The show is already regularly slammed by Jezebel/Slate/etc. for sexism based on the (realistically) skewed cast, which I think is especially unfair given the nature of the few times it's actually commented on gender: "I'm an engineer. I'm not a 'female engineer'."

The biggest reach I saw was about the negging scene, where Richard gives it a try. I had thought the punchline in that scene was Richard's hopeless awkwardness, but it was actually the fact that he said "if you don't invest, you're a dirty slut" to a (room full of investors, one of whom happened to be a) woman.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Didn't Miller land in hot water over comments at some conference appearance a while ago? I caught a headline or something but never followed up.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Toast Museum posted:

Didn't Miller land in hot water over comments at some conference appearance a while ago? I caught a headline or something but never followed up.

He offended the tech dweebs when he hosted the Crunchies award and made fun of everyone in the audience.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
T.J. Miller is going full Nick Nolte without having the *young* Nick Nolte phase.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I read some interview with Miller where he was going on about how his wife is a true artist and ordinary plebs wouldn't understand or something and he came off as quite a dingus.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't think Live really fits with the aesthetic Russ' other songs have.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
drat anakin really let himself go

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

drat anakin really let himself go

That was the sixth sense kid.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

https://media.giphy.com/media/9K2nFglCAQClO/200.gif

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Classic Melcher

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
This episode was grim after the news of Miller leaving. You could really feel Erlich'd uselessness

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

He doesn't even gently caress anymore.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The gently caress baton has been passed to Richard.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
"This guy also fucks."

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Tonight's was not a great episode.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Any episode where I laugh more than once and don't consider turning it off is a win.

That being said, did you forget Russ pissing in Erlich's car ? Excellent gag.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I honestly can't wait to see what happens with Ed Chambers.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It was one of the weaker episodes so far, but still had its moments.

Gavin was even in this one!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I thought that was a great episode, I laughed a lot during it. But drat, Haley Joel Osment's put on some weight.

maskenfreiheit posted:

It doesn't surprise me Miller is leaving. I won't share too many details, but someone I know saw him get really drunk and make a bunch of (unfunny) comments. Apparently he's insufferable and basically the cast's Chevy Chase, only without the prior track record of good work.
His stated reason was that he's trying to make room for movie offers, but putting 2 and 2 together makes me wonder if he thinks (or has even publicly said to the cast) that he's too good for Silicon Valley or TV in general now. Good luck with The Emoji Movie publicity tour, TJ!

Avasculous posted:

It wouldn't surprise me that this would get him booted. The show is already regularly slammed by Jezebel/Slate/etc. for sexism based on the (realistically) skewed cast
Still? Sheesh. Outrage = clicks = money, I guess.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I saw TJ Miller quite a few times years ago and met him a few times, because we had mutual friends and was sort of shocked that he blew up, cause I found him super unfunny and annoying. He's loving hilarious on SV though, so I am converted but I don't think I'd want to be around him for extended amounts of time.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
He seems like one of those people who's really funny because they are an abrasive dick.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Snak posted:

He seems like one of those people who's really irritating to be around because they are an abrasive dick.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, yeah. Abrasive dickishness is funny to observe, but less so to experience.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Part of what makes erlich work is he sucks and generally fails all the time and is a laughing stock. His abrasive dickishness doesn't usually pay off or pays off in a funny way. If tj Miller acts like that irl i could see how it would be annoying given he is a rich celebrity and not a dumbass incubatorer.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Snak posted:

It was one of the weaker episodes so far, but still had its moments.

Gavin was even in this one!

Yeah, there were a couple funny moments but this one really rubbed me the wrong way. Gilfoyle smacking Dinesh from behind in particular - it felt like their relationship was openly hostile at that point. Maybe it's just me but flat out hitting someone crosses a line. I hope they reel that back in, those two work better when they're just loving with each other.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

Oh god you're right I didn't realise.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

Yeah, there were a couple funny moments but this one really rubbed me the wrong way. Gilfoyle smacking Dinesh from behind in particular - it felt like their relationship was openly hostile at that point. Maybe it's just me but flat out hitting someone crosses a line. I hope they reel that back in, those two work better when they're just loving with each other.

Erlich smacked a kid and shook him down for pills in the first season my dude

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
http://uproxx.com/webculture/tj-miller-crunchies-awards-offensive/

he went a little far calling her bitch the third time but this is hilarious.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 29, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

On a related note Joel McHale's roast was pretty hilarious too

http://uproxx.com/tv/heres-drunk-joel-mchale-host-every-awards-show/

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

etalian posted:

On a related note Joel McHale's roast was pretty hilarious too

http://uproxx.com/tv/heres-drunk-joel-mchale-host-every-awards-show/

This video contains content from Viacom, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

:(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Crunchies. lol

I am glad TJ lambasted them all.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Edit: Nevermind, apparently.

Toast Museum fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 29, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I think they're definitely ramping up the animosity between them. And you can tell that they know hitting people is crossing a line, because the violence spills over to poor Jared, and we get that shot of him looking sad with a a big red mark on his face from Dinesh hitting him.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Snak posted:

I think they're definitely ramping up the animosity between them. And you can tell that they know hitting people is crossing a line, because the violence spills over to poor Jared, and we get that shot of him looking sad with a a big red mark on his face from Dinesh hitting him.

The guy who said the series ends with Jared smothering Richard with a pillow for the monster he's become was on the right track, but it's actually going to be him burning down the whole incubator for the monsters they've all become.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

theflyingexecutive posted:

Erlich smacked a kid and shook him down for pills in the first season my dude

And that wasn't funny either.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Shooting Blanks posted:

Counterpoint: that was funny.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

The Crunchies. lol

I am glad TJ lambasted them all.

What did they think would happen?

VGX was a pretty hilarious trainwreck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1OGexjaP1U

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

This is the worst opinion in the thread.

TJ Miller was great in Extract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't even remember him in that. Who was he?

• Locked thread