Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Played someone online who's name was MirrorMatch. We then proceeded to have mirror matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Sefal posted:

Played someone online who's name was MirrorMatch. We then proceeded to have mirror matches.

If only Mirror master was in this game.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Sefal posted:

Would you say he/she/it played well?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
No, because my characters were level 20 with decent gear and he wouldn't turn on competitive mode. So they were easy wins for me.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvCkwuHSQEU

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
FYI, the diamond box planet is back. Ends in 45ish minutes.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Really the only character I want as DLC is Doomsday from Injustice 1 and he's not going to be winning any popularity polls.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I discovered today that if you sell gear there is a chance you'll get regen tokens from it. :homebrew:

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I hope that they relent on the "no old character DLC" decision and give us Lobo, mostly because I've been reading the comics and loved Lobo vs Harley.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lobo is bad and you should feel bad

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I want them to add Chemo, and his super is just him saying "oop" and exploding the planet

!Klams fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 29, 2017

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Oh boy I just set myself up for some nerd to go mmnyes Thpawn hath hith own limited therieth right now where he'th roomateth with Batman and kchmartian mankchunter

You showed that theoretical nerd

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What would be a good character(s) to learn if I liked Cassie Cage in MKX, e.g. a brawler with some good mix-ups and a punishing corner game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I am a total scrub at fighting games but from what I've heard others say, that sounds like Canary.

From yesterday:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147862588

At 1:51:55 in this she completely wrecks the Robin in the corner.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 29, 2017

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Harley to Aquaman: "Does calamari make you sad?"

:perfect:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

exquisite tea posted:

What would be a good character(s) to learn if I liked Cassie Cage in MKX, e.g. a brawler with some good mix-ups and a punishing corner game.

Cassie Cage should have been the MK rep. She was the best poo poo talker in X and would probably have good lines in this game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

PunkBoy posted:

Cassie Cage should have been the MK rep. She was the best poo poo talker in X and would probably have good lines in this game.

They gave her all the best lines for sure. "I'm here to beat down a Mr... Ermac?"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

That DICK! posted:

You showed that theoretical nerd

gently caress yes validation

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

exquisite tea posted:

They gave her all the best lines for sure. "I'm here to beat down a Mr... Ermac?"

Cassie as a Harley Quinn premier skin, maybe. Johnny for Bane in the absence of anyone more appropriate.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

NRS should just make a DC Elseworlds game so they can throw everything ever it.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

!Klams posted:

I want them to add Chemo, and his super is just him saying "oop" and exploding the planet

Actually I change my vote to "Egg Fu". DC's answer to M.O.D.O.K.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Calaveron posted:

gently caress yes validation

The accent in your post really breaks down at the end and I have no idea what you were trying to do at that point. I'm sorry.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Superman: Want to hear a joke?
Harley: This'll be good, I got to hear this.
Superman: Harley Quinn vs Superman

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

codenameFANGIO posted:

The accent in your post really breaks down at the end and I have no idea what you were trying to do at that point. I'm sorry.

Nerd lisp and nasal blockage providing difficulty in pronouncing certain phonemes in attempted comedical fashion

Also diamond planet is back, wonder if it's just a special long weekend thing or what

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Canary plays somewhere between Cassie and her mom. She has some of Cassie's mixup punchgame and grapples and a lot of Sonya's flippy poo poo.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Not very subtle with the names for those gear pieces

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

0% chance at that "leak" being real

lol @ Black Lightning and the concept of "SWITCHING THEM OUT B/C BACKLASH"

yes I'm sure it was as simple as pressing a button.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
harly : you've got a funny name

reverse flash: i won't dignify that with a response

harley : clearly you're emotional about it

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

exquisite tea posted:

Cheetah/Vixen does this very well, and has a corner cortex that leads back to itself

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Are there any open PS4 goon guilds? Seems the 3 in the OP are full up :(

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

We'll have to see about the merger, right now Goon Squad has 33(!) members that did guild multiverse, and unless Goon Lanterns has less than 17 we're going to be over capacity. Go ahead and apply to Goon Squad, IF you contribute to Goon Multiverse.

e: Please make sure to reference the forums in some way to weed out the randos.

Grem fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 29, 2017

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

So hey, Novakaze is my bf, and he applied to goon squad with a message about being a goon that loves stairs. Please approve him, as we both are itching to do guild multiverse stuff and don't wanna be stuck in some lame guild. thanks!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Picked this up despite being terrible at fighting games. I may never progress past scrub tier, and I'm at peace with that.

Beat the story mode (about 5ish hours of gameplay). The story was fun. Brainiac was a good villain. Superman is still a gigantic rear end in a top hat. Overall it's one of the best fighting game story modes I've ever played.

Random thoughts:
I genuinely love this representation of rear end in a top hat Superman. Usually when he's represented as an rear end in a top hat, he's just an rear end in a top hat for its own sake. This one he genuinely has good reason, both in the trigger event (IJ 1 spoilers: the death of Lois, the destruction of Metropolis, and his subsequent execution of the Joker) and in the bad advice of those he trusted. Wonder Woman, mostly. She's truly a terrible person in this series.

Harley Quinn is oddly my favorite character in the story. I say "oddly" because I usually hate her in everything other than B:TAS. Her reformation following the Joker's death intrigued me enough to look up the print comics. From what I can tell, there are many who feel Injustice's Harley is the best Harley of all time. I may just agree with that.

Gameplay wise, this feels like an evolution of MKX. Which is a good thing. Special moves and basic combos are easy to pull off, but more advanced mastery comes when you try to link strings and specials into longer combos.

And, again, I find myself really drawn to Harley as a character. She's got a "bag of tricks" gameplay style that appeals to me. I've played probably 30ish matches with her now, and she just feels right to me. She's not too fast, not too slow, and generally has some kind of answer for anything I've encountered so far.

jaik3n
Sep 18, 2009

Grem posted:

We'll have to see about the merger, right now Goon Squad has 33(!) members that did guild multiverse, and unless Goon Lanterns has less than 17 we're going to be over capacity. Go ahead and apply to Goon Squad, IF you contribute to Goon Multiverse.

e: Please make sure to reference the forums in some way to weed out the randos.

Hey, I tried joining one of the other overflows, but they also were full. i just saw Goonsquad main has a few openings and I just applied. I wanna do guild things with a non-dumb guild! I know that's asking a lot from SA but what can i do? :)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The boots/pants in the movie set are real bad.

The XP on jump mod seems to be permanent and it looks like consumes a lot of stat points to get it there.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

Picked this up despite being terrible at fighting games. I may never progress past scrub tier, and I'm at peace with that.
And, again, I find myself really drawn to Harley as a character. She's got a "bag of tricks" gameplay style that appeals to me. I've played probably 30ish matches with her now, and she just feels right to me. She's not too fast, not too slow, and generally has some kind of answer for anything I've encountered so far.

I agree with all of this except Kevin Conroy's voice is such a good Batman that I sometimes pick him just to hear more dialog. :swoon:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Video Nasty posted:

I agree with all of this except Kevin Conroy's voice is such a good Batman that I sometimes pick him just to hear more dialog. :swoon:

I play Batman sometimes just to hear the Clash trash talk where he simply exclaims "I'm Batman!"

"You cannot win!"
"I'm Batman!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"I'M BATMAN"
"Famous last words!"

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

What's the point of Guilds in this game? Is it just a way to get more rewards by tackling Multiverse stuff as a group? Or is it kinda like a league thing where you all play against each other instead of randos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There is a separate Guild Multiverse with different (usually better) rewards, so you will be drowning in loot boxes. Also there are Guild Bosses that require multiple people to fight because they have like 80000 HP

• Locked thread