Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

chumbler posted:

What is the best Sonic game cheesy final boss music? I gotta go with Unleashed, personally.

They're all incredible but my hand has to go to this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVJZ5MbJDzU

LET ME SHOW YOU JUST

WHAT

I'M

MADE OF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I was gonna say "the one soundtrack from Sonic CD with down-pitched laughing at the start" but I can't remember if that was used as a final boss. Crush 40 wins handily though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Crash Bandicoot games rule and I say that as someone who didn't really play them until i got them in PS3.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

FOLLOW ME,

SET ME FREE

TRUST ME AND WE WILL ESCAPE FROM THE CITAY!

*grinds a rail on his Soaps*

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kTBbTSjZpI

Okay but real talk, the 3D CG trailer for this game wherein Sonic collapses probably dead and then Shadow walks out from behind him with an AK 47 or rocket launcher or something was hype as poo poo.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPWrHPNekvE

I was wrong, he's got a pistol, but still. Making this dumbass game took guts

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Does being in questionable taste count as being cheesy because if that's the case
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE5c8ugVYVc

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
In his most recent video, Jim Sterling cast aside the faux-dictatorial schtick in favor of a carnival barker thing. It amounts to changing the intro and wearing a silly hat but I'm glad of it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8TxnuOia5w

This game kinda sucked but this song is great and silly as usual.

Dr Cheeto posted:

In his most recent video, Jim Sterling cast aside the faux-dictatorial schtick in favor of a carnival barker thing. It amounts to changing the intro and wearing a silly hat but I'm glad of it.

Maybe he will actually be watchable now. I hope so.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
How's Infamous Second Sun? Never played an infamous but I got the impression it was the PS3 Crackdown with dumb fun explosiony combat and orb collecting, is that about right?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The creepy gloves were the worst part, did he change those too?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Macarius Wrench posted:

How's Infamous Second Sun? Never played an infamous but I got the impression it was the PS3 Crackdown with dumb fun explosiony combat and orb collecting, is that about right?

Infamous is pretty good. Check it out its usually cheap.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Erata posted:

I was gonna say "the one soundtrack from Sonic CD with down-pitched laughing at the start" but I can't remember if that was used as a final boss. Crush 40 wins handily though.

it was used for all bosses, including the final boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXRrpdYlgrY&t=142s

for comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZPkCgYic-c

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Dr Cheeto posted:

I assume he did it because there are too many people playing unironic Nazis these days. Like I think he did it originally to sort of poke fun at the percieved harshness of his tone but the obviousness of the joke is now gone which in itself is pretty depressing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

I assume he did it because there are too many people playing unironic Nazis these days. Like I think he did it originally to sort of poke fun at the percieved harshness of his tone but the obviousness of the joke is now gone which in itself is pretty depressing

He did it as a v for vendetta thing

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Macarius Wrench posted:

They are good games but they are really not very Crackdown at all. Overall it might be one of the more structured open work games with the least stuff to do to just gently caress around which is the exact opposite of Crackdown. It's still worth playing but you will be disappointed if you're looking for more Crackdown.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Sure the US boss theme is spooky and all but you gotta work that sucker to death, come on now, work that sucker to death https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTXR0T5mJ68

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CJacobs posted:

Maybe he will actually be watchable now. I hope so.

I mean it's essentially the same show once you get past the intro. If you didn't like it then you won't like it now.

mutata posted:

The creepy gloves were the worst part, did he change those too?

Unfortunately no, he still wears black gloves, black jacket, black shirt, red tie.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

all three power sets in second son are reskins of each other but they all require different sources to recharge which is kind of lame. it would have been cool to be like, for running i want Light, for grenade i want Smoke, etc.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the light running power is super fun though and pretty

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

FactsAreUseless posted:

Warped was a good game at the time but anyone interested in the trilogy is better off playing Ratchet and Clank or the Jak collection for PS3

I think all of the original Crash trilogy are still good games tbh, and they're different enough to Jak and the RC games in the sense that they're much more simple and traditional platformers.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Second son is fun but v light on side stuff and what's there kinda sucks

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
crash bandicoot is ok but after rushing through crash 2 i've never really had an urge to play any more of them

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They'll probably announce a new inFamous at E3 right

Suckerpunch seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth (and I guess they took retro studios with them)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macarius Wrench posted:

It's good, but it's so easy it's downright silly and has less to do than the first two games. It's definitely fun though, just clowning on cops and spray painting dicks everywhere.

First Light is a lot better.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oddium posted:

all three power sets in second son are reskins of each other but they all require different sources to recharge which is kind of lame. it would have been cool to be like, for running i want Light, for grenade i want Smoke, etc.

this isn't true, with Smoke you can't run up the sides of buildings, you have to find an air vent to get up on a roof, and there are a lot of other differences (but you're right that they're MOSTLY samey)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

sonic adventure and sonic adventure 2 are locked in endless battle to determine which is my favorite shittiest game and i consistently decide it's sa2 just because it doesn't cut out the cheesy music half way through a big final boss

I can forgive the bad camera and the weird early 3D game controls and the incredible lip syncing and the repetitive story beats and Big only getting like four levels, but cutting out Open Your Heart in the second half of perfect chaos is sinful

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Motto posted:

Second son is fun but v light on side stuff and what's there kinda sucks

a man, a plan... an aerosol can :twisted:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

When I shook my DS4 and I heard it rattle from the speaker, then used the gyroscope to spray some sweet street art, I knew that the PS4 would succeed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Looper posted:

I can forgive the bad camera and the weird early 3D game controls and the incredible lip syncing and the repetitive story beats and Big only getting like four levels, but cutting out Open Your Heart in the second half of perfect chaos is sinful

my disappointment when that happened has yet to be rivaled even by devil may cry 2

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When I shook my DS4 and I heard it rattle from the speaker, then used the gyroscope to spray some sweet street art, I knew that the PS4 would succeed

Wait, what game is that?

I remember seeing demos of something like that, but I thought it was vr exclusive...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's a second son collectable where you spraypaint banksy-ies in either paragon or renegade style

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

They'll probably announce a new inFamous at E3

Hope not. New ip would be much more exciting

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

chumbler posted:

What is the best Sonic game cheesy final boss music? I gotta go with Unleashed, personally.

TOO BLACK

TOO STRONG

--Malcolm X

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

all three power sets in second son are reskins of each other

What? No. They have some things in common but they all have completely different play styles. Hell, the third one is essentially stealth based.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I started playing Second Son but it was so run off the mill that I forgot I actually owned it. There wasn't a conscious decision to stop playing it, one day I simply forgot it existed.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

What? No. They have some things in common but they all have completely different play styles. Hell, the third one is essentially stealth based.

it was really boring and a long time ago sorry. i just remember using light a lot because it ruled and the last one was very bad and abstract

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
drat Vanquish really is easy with M+KB. I feel like I should be restarting on hard even though I'm already on the last act.

I'm definitely getting some enemy damage weirdness. Sometimes I get one shot by melee and other times I'll be in the red while overheated and take several bullets without dying.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Video was very good

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Motto posted:

Video was very good

Yeah, people don't seem to like it but I thought it might possibly the most broken stealth power set I've ever seen in a game and it ruled plus you summoned digital angels or demons to do your bidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are any of these infinite survival games that keep popping up on Steam worth their weight? I have like... Subnautica, but I'm waiting for that to get out of early access.

• Locked thread