Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Everything is going fine except for his complete contempt for me, which definitely doesn't show up anywhere else in our relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
HAVE U CONSIDERED CLEAN UR NOSE

-a redditor

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

Modus Pwnens posted:

Everything is going fine except for his complete contempt for me, which definitely doesn't show up anywhere else in our relationship.

Also I'm constantly angry.

Again, this is entirely attributable to my boyfriend's snoring and not to a toxic lack of communication and compromise that's turned our two-bedroom apartment into a first-world rat's nest in which we mark our respective territories with hoarded furniture, white noise, and iron-fisted control of the thermostat.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
"Everything is perfect in our relationship except for [List of :words: that drags on for 10 paragraphs] but other than that its great!"

I really really wish these Redditors would be more honest with themselves. Just own up that the relationship has problems, that you've possibly stuck around longer than you should have based on things that are happening. Or, (in my case a few times in the past) simply felt guilty about breaking up over something that feels so petty.

What are they really afraid of? That strangers on the internet are going to call you an idiot? So what?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
They feel the relationship is great because they still have a great deal of attraction or affection for their mate, but what we're getting is their venting megadump after months of frustrated buildup. It's an extremely one-sided character assassination.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My [22f] SO [23M] of 1 year. He committed vandalism at a protest which inadvertently physically harmed a mother and baby. I'm disgusted with his blasé attitude over harming people.

quote:

Both me and my boyfriend are very active in the current protest scene. I see it as the best way to make the serious changes that need to be made right now.

We were at a protest not too long ago (going to be intentionally vague) and after a few counter protestors showed up, things got really out of hand. At one point people saw a lady getting into a car and thought that the shirt she was wearing indicated she was a counter protester.

My boyfriend was part of a group that attacked her car and damaged her windshield. Thinking that she was in danger she accelerated and hit something like a mail box or post (I didn't see exactly), the police thankfully surrounded her car and were able to quickly get an ambulance and I was horrified to see them taking both the lady and a baby out of the car on a stretcher. I assume (but don't know) that the lady was so scared and felt she didn't have time to put her baby in the child seat. I also got a decent glimpse of her clothes and I don't think she was in any way connected to the counter protest, just unfortunately wearing a red shirt that day. My boyfriend and a group cheered when she crashed her car.

On the side I asked one of the paramedics what her name was because I wanted to do something for her, to let her know how sorry I was but they said they couldn't tell me that for privacy reasons. I expected it to be all over the news but so far nothing in addition There were no arrests that I know of in direct relation to the crash.

I told my BF that we needed to leave and find out who they were and make sure they were ok my BF said he didn't give a f*** and she and her stupid kid are part of the system and got what they deserved. I was disgusted, and over the weeks since I've been literally losing sleep thinking about that poor baby being taken away on a stretcher and that maybe I participated in harming someone. My BF continues to tell me that they shouldn't have been there If they didn't deserve it, obviously she was involved with her shirt color (he won't listen to me when I say that her red shirt was just a sad coincidence) and that she and the baby getting hurt serves a good example of how serious our message is.

I'm going into a severe depression over this, I can't deal with it and I'm even more disgusted with his dismissive attitude over this. What do I do about this?

tl;dr: My boyfriend committed vandalism at a protest which inadvertently physically harmed a mother and baby. I can't stand that someone was hurt and his dismissive attitude is driving me insane and I don't know what to do.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
bf needs to drop his bougie gf

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

My [22f] SO [23M] of 1 year. He committed vandalism at a protest which inadvertently physically harmed a mother and baby. I'm disgusted with his blasé attitude over harming people.

Take Your Baby To A Riot Day

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I like how she's trying to soft pedal a felony assault as "vandalism"

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
It's just destruction of property (that a baby was inside of).

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That baby knew what it was doing

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Lol at choosing the weakest possible targets to gang up on.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Was going to post the one about the father selling his daughter into prostitution to pay his debts, but that seems depressing - so I'm going with this only because the comment made me laugh my rear end off.

quote:

He (33M) sent me (27F) a dick pic on SnapChat. How do I respond when I liked it but work prevents us from sleeping together for now?

This guy used to be a manager with me but he decided to step back to part time so he could take a better full time job. As of right now I'm his supervisor occasionally. In about a month the structure of my organization is changing and I'll no longer be in a position of authority over him. My organization has a no fraternization between management and subordinates rule. I love my job and don't want to jeopardize it in any way. This guy and I have been flirting for a while now (since he was a fellow manager) and he just sent me a dick pic on SnapChat. Obviously he knows I opened it. Is there a way for me to tell him I liked what I saw but anything further would need to wait until the official management change? Should I just ignore it for now? My top priority is not breaking the company rules and risking my job but if there's a way to do that and keep the door open a crack for him I'd love to hear it.
TLDR: positive reaction to a dick pic but it risks my job. Can I have my cake and eat it too?

and the top comment:

quote:

One of the first recorded instances of a girl liking a random dick pic and she can't even tell him. Life isn't fair guys

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Happitoo posted:

Was going to post the one about the father selling his daughter into prostitution to pay his debts

How can you lead with that and then not post it?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
If it's the one in thinking of it got removed, but the gist was that the OP's GF had ended up doing some kind of managerial work in the prostitution business to help with some family debt, but they lost a huge court case and have a lot of money they have to pay out so she is basically being forced by her familial loyalty to sign a three month contract to be a full-on prostitute.

Non-US country, although I don't recall if it was explicitly stated which one.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

fruit on the bottom posted:

If it's the one in thinking of it got removed, but the gist was that the OP's GF had ended up doing some kind of managerial work in the prostitution business to help with some family debt, but they lost a huge court case and have a lot of money they have to pay out so she is basically being forced by her familial loyalty to sign a three month contract to be a full-on prostitute.

Non-US country, although I don't recall if it was explicitly stated which one.

Ya, it was that. But the father/brother had done something horrible and to keep themselves out of prison they needed to pay the victims. So it wasn't like "they did a lovely job roofing and needed to pay for damages" it was more "assaulted people (separately) and needed to pay to have their faces fixed or go to prison"

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
My [30m] wife [29f] is inviting her mother to our first child's birth

quote:

My wife is seven and a bit months pregnant, and we've just started thinking about who she wants there, who we want to tell when she goes into labour, that sort of thing. We were talking about it yesterday, and my wife told me that she wanted to tell her mother when she goes into labour, so she can come to the hospital to be there for the birth.

I was a little shocked, to say the least. My wife's mother has spent most of the time I've been in he presence (and, according my wife, some of the time when I'm not) hurling racist abuse at me, and telling me to stay away from her daughter. She has tried to convince my wife to leave me countless times. She boycotted our wedding, even though my wife told her she was welcome. When she found out my wife was pregnant, she said some awful things about our unborn baby, including "I hope that loving [insert racial slur here] dies inside of you" and "If there's a god he'll make sure that little [insert racial slur here] will never be born".

Should I say something about this? I know that my wife is the one giving birth, and I want to support her in what she thinks is best. But I know there will be trouble if my mother in law is at the hospital.

TL;DR - my wife wants to invite her racist mother to the birth of our first child, should I tell her how bad of an idea I think it is?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Mm, I get the argument that she might react different to the actualized biracial baby once it isn't just an abstract concept, but based on her previous comments, I don't think she should be anywhere near that baby

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
If they let her hold it she gonna spike that baby like she just won the superbowl

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

ArbitraryC posted:

If they let her hold it she gonna spike that baby like she just won the superbowl

Grandma Gronk.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Panfilo posted:

"Everything is perfect in our relationship except for [List of :words: that drags on for 10 paragraphs] but other than that its great!"

I really really wish these Redditors would be more honest with themselves. Just own up that the relationship has problems, that you've possibly stuck around longer than you should have based on things that are happening. Or, (in my case a few times in the past) simply felt guilty about breaking up over something that feels so petty.

What are they really afraid of? That strangers on the internet are going to call you an idiot? So what?

It's nothing more than simple sunk cost fallacy. They've been in this relationship for 2 years, 3 years, 5 years, and they feel as if all that time and effort invested in someone who is abusive/has an insane fetish/racist/very insensitive to their needs/no longer attractive by their standards, or whatever obvious dealbreaker is lost and will never return. So they must persevere through hyper delusion in a relationship despite all the painfully hilarious issues. There's also the societal expectation to get married and have kids, so there's all these dumbass reddit people who are pressured by their family, friends, and community and it turns into a ticking time bomb. Same reason why there's so many of those "I and/or my partner don't really want to raise our kid" or "I never really wanted to keep the child and my pregnancy is horrific" posts.

The reason why they make the reddit post is because they're naive and in over the heads in delusion, so they want anonymous internet weirdos to sympathize with their depressing life. That's all they're looking for.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 29, 2017

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I [27 F] am increasingly frustrated by my GF's [28 F] of 2 years different standards of cleanliness/weird rules about food

quote:

We've been together 2 years and moved in together 4 months ago. I'm growing more and more frustrated by her bizarre definitions of what is "clean" vs "dirty" and am not sure how to deal. Do I just suck it up and acquiesce to her demands (some of which I think are unreasonable), do we try to compromise (a difficult task, she is VERY stubborn as am I), or hit the lawyer/gym up/etc (not really an option).

Some examples of what I find befuddling:

1) I bought some eggs from my co-worker, who has a backyard henhouse. She said that because the eggs were pasteurized and sterilized by industrial-scale agricultural equipment (co-worker said he doesn't even wash them, just eats them straight out of the henhouse every morning) that we ABSOLUTELY CANNOT eat them because we might get sick. If I cook them on one of the pans in the kitchen, then that pan will be "dirty" and I will have to throw it away and buy a new one. The eggs aren't fresh anymore (it's been 2 weeks) and I'm disappointed that I didn't get to eat the eggs. GF was enthusiastic about farm fresh eggs until she found out that my friend doesn't sanitize them at home (why would he own that equipment?!)

2) Any food item that touches the counter/stovetop MUST be thrown out. For example, I made pasta for dinner this week. A couple of pieces of penne fell onto the counter as I was pouring the dry pasta into the pot of boiling water. I grabbed them and chucked them back in. She FREAKED OUT and started CRYING that now the pasta was "dirty" and "disgusting" and she couldn't eat it. For the record, this isn't some horrible grease-spattered stovetop. It's a glass flat-top range that I had literally JUST CLEANED before starting to cook. Also, anything that could possibly contaminate the food would be killed by boiling water. But fine, whatever. I threw out the "dirty" food and started over.

3) We got some carrots in the CSA box this week. She wouldn't let me cook with them because there was dirt on most of the carrots when they arrived. Rinsing off the dirt in water wasn't enough, they were still "dirty". I ate all the carrots myself because I thought they were fine (and they were). I mean it's a drat carrot, it grows in the dirt. For the record, grocery store carrots that are all identical size/color and pre-washed are OK.

4) I was chopping squash. She came into the kitchen and started inspecting EACH AND EVERY 1cm2 cube of squash I'd chopped and scrutinizing it. Apparently blistered skin is "dirty" and warrants throwing the squash away, even if the blistered spot is cut out. She also insisted that there were "tiny spots" between the skin & flesh of the vegetable that were "dirty". I could see some circular shapes if I looked really hard, but I'm pretty sure that's just where the skin connects to the squash flesh. She refused to eat any of the squash.

5) One of the onions in the pantry got squishy and grew green stalks (which was odd, it was only 2 weeks old, but sometimes that happens with grocery store produce). She made me throw out EVERYTHING that was in the pantry because it was "dirty". That was the last straw that sent me here. I think this is unreasonable and expensive. We're broke and can't afford to replace $500 worth of food because she's afraid of onion stalks. Her answer is to just not replace things until we can afford to.

6) Despite all this OCD about food safety, she didn't clean the entire house while I was travelling for work last month (I was gone 3 weeks). The toilets were both really nasty when I came back, there were a ball of her hair about 6 cm wide in the shower, there were dirty clothes & used tissues littering the house, and the kitchen was a mess - every flat surface was covered in food-crusted dishes, cups, pots, and pans. This is strangely incongruous with her obsession with food safety.

As you can see, her food rules lead to arbitrarily throwing away a LOT of food. She even insisted, before we moved in together, that cooking was more expensive than going to restaurants because "you have to throw away so much bad food". No, just because a veggie is blistered or the chicken has a vein in it doesn't mean you throw it away. It's not "bad", you just cut off the unsightly part (if you're really picky) or just eat the drat thing. I didn't think anything of the comment at the time, assuming that she was just buying lovely or out-of-season produce with a short shelf life.

She doesn't have any immune system disorders that would necessitate being fastidious about food safety. She was treated for OCD as a kid and "made a full recovery". I think these strange food rules are absolutely obsessive, but when I gently suggest that she discuss some of our food-related arguments with her therapist, she starts crying and refuses to talk to me until I apologize and say that her rules are perfectly reasonable.

I don't know what to do. I'm tired of throwing away food because she doesn't like how it looks. I tried banning her from the kitchen while I cook all our meals, but she cried and said I was being mean. I'm just tired of her monitoring. I offered to let her cook, but it took her an hour to peel and chop a single potato. Ain't nobody got time for that! Restaurants for every meal aren't an option (for me), either.

I'm at my wit's end. I tried to just follow all her rules, but it seems like she invents new ones every day. Also, it's really bad for our finances (not to mention wasteful) to just throw away half of the food we buy. I feel like I'm going loving crazy! Do I just tell her to feed her drat self? I don't think that's a great idea. How do you even compromise on a thing like this? She wants me to follow ALL the rules ALL the time, and I really don't want to follow all, or some, or ANY of them! In my ideal world, she would get over it and eat squash with blistered skin.
tl;dr: GF has obsessively specific rules about food/kitchen. I think they are pointless and stupid and don't want to follow them. Not sure how to resolve this conflict.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Someone is about to get sodomized with a vegetable and I'm not sure who

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Food vs. Sex: Battle of the Weirds

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

dudeness posted:

I [27 F] am increasingly frustrated by my GF's [28 F] of 2 years different standards of cleanliness/weird rules about food

He should have dumped her after she wanted to throw out $500 worth of food. She's mentally ill yeah, but there is so much you can do for someone who doesn't want help. He needs to realize he is enabling her.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

She

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Che

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

dudeness posted:

redditors need to describe their girlfriends better so i can make an informed judgement about whether their demands are excessive

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Happitoo posted:

Ya, it was that. But the father/brother had done something horrible and to keep themselves out of prison they needed to pay the victims. So it wasn't like "they did a lovely job roofing and needed to pay for damages" it was more "assaulted people (separately) and needed to pay to have their faces fixed or go to prison"

Okay post this poo poo now because it can't be a real story, right? It's a porn with a bad plot?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

Okay post this poo poo now because it can't be a real story, right? It's a porn with a bad plot?

Nah, that's a believable story for the shittier corners of our world.

Mankind is making progress towards a less terrible future. Overall there's a decline in violence, genocide, crime, etc. that doesn't mean the world isn't still a mostly terrible place. If an extinction event doesn't get us and world society doesn't collapse, the world might be generally ok if still a lil shady in two or three millennia.

So on the bright side, it's getting better!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Cowslips Warren posted:

The original post was deleted, unfortunately

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I thought some people have been using a weird site that auto-archives reddit posts, but that may have just been my wishful thinking.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Long time friend [24/F] invited me to dinner, but only wanted me [23/F] to eat side dishes

quote:

So, this weird thing happened this weekend, and I thought maybe someone on this thread could give me some context. This long time friend (we've been close friends since we were young children) kept trying to invite me to dinner for every night this past week. I wasn't feeling well, but finally agreed this weekend.

I brought over a bottle of fairly expensive alcohol and made cocktails for all of us. I helped her cook the side dishes (veggies and potatoes). Her boyfriend [25/M] cooked the steaks. They made 3 steaks. They seemed very excited about cooking the steak, and her boyfriend got into a very long conversation with me about cooking steak, providing every detail on his method. When dinner was about to be served, my friend says, "[My name], you can have veggies." and splits the 3 steaks between her and her boyfriend. She said in a rather authoritative way, like You are only allowed to have veggies.

I'm a little upset at this point, as I was hungry, and I'm not really vegetarian. I'm also a pretty direct person, so I directly brought it up immediately, and asked her why I couldn't have any steak. She said it was expensive and I should have bought my own if I wanted steak. I asked her how expensive it was, and she explained it was about $8.30 per steak. I said I didn't have any cash on me, and offered to Venmo her. The food had already been plated at this point, and she reluctantly cut off a slice (about 2 bites) from her steak. (I offered to pay, but never actually ended up paying for anything that night except the alcohol.)

I realize steak is a more expensive food. Was it presumptuous of me to assume I'd be eating the full meal with them without paying for the steak? Is it normal for a couple to split 3 steaks and not give their guest any?

Does this reflect on our friendship over all, or is this just a weird one time thing? Should I bring it up in the future, or ask for clarification from her?

TLDR: Long time friend invites me to dinner at her house. We cook veggies, her boyfriend cooks 3 steaks. She specifies I can only eat side dishes. After offering to pay, she reluctantly gives me a slice from her steaks. How to deal with this politely while keeping the friendship intact?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

maskenfreiheit posted:

Long time friend [24/F] invited me to dinner, but only wanted me [23/F] to eat side dishes
There's no salvaging that relationship without seriously popping some crazy bubbles - it's just so bizarre and rude to deprive a dinner guest of food!
This feels like some weird Twilight Zone episode where eating steak somehow becomes a metaphor for mankind's aggressively competitive nature, and you can't eat any unless you fight hard enough for it.

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 29, 2017

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

maskenfreiheit posted:

What kind of crazy alien person does this? She already had a whole steak to give him! :psyduck:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

There's no salvaging that relationship without seriously popping some crazy bubbles - it's just so bizarre and rude to treat a deprive a dinner guest of food!
This feels like some weird Twilight Zone episode where eating steak somehow becomes a metaphor for mankind's aggressively competitive nature, and you can't eat any unless you fight hard enough for it.

the only thing i can think of is maybe she constantly comes over and doesn't bring any food, wine, or :10bux: and this was their passive aggressive way of bringing that up?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
:stare:

[bHow do I (23M) deal with my girlfriends (20F) father (40s) constantly making comments about sex and my penis? I also feel like he is coming onto me, and my girlfriend denies this is a problem.[/b]

quote:

Girlfriend is the love of my life, we've been together for 4 years. Recently her dad moved sort of near us, he used to be in california. He is REALLY loving WEIRD. My girlfriend adores him, and i wont lie, he is a really funny guy. But holy hell he is abrasive and has zero boundaries and says the most crude poo poo you can imagine constantly. Hes also extremely open about sex, he does psychedelics like once a month, he smokes pot constantly, he is always shirtless. Hes just a weird, freaky guy.

(I really hope this doesnt come off as some like weird off hand humble brag)

He right away saw me and was like "WHOA your a handsome guy, and your fit" and he was basically gloating about how his daughter caught a good catch. He then made a comment that I probably 'dick her good' when my GF was in the bathroom. I nearly spit the food out of my mouth at dinner. One time he was talking about penises, and he just OUT OF NOWHERE grabbed my crotch and clearly felt me up and was like "wow man you got a package!" and then yelled over to amy and said "how the hell do you even have sex with that thing! your a lucky girl amy". He kept on talking about it throughout the night, like he just kept on making jokes, he said I can probably make a girl cum just by sticking it in and not moving (no, I am not that good at sex, nor is my dick THAT big, he was just trying to be funny). He also made a joke about me being puerto rican and how "every guy i ever met from puerto rico has a massive shlong". Its loving weird how much he talks about sex when he is with his daughter.

I wish I was joking, or that this was just some weird bullshit, but he is THAT loving weird.

Now this is where it also gets weird, I was with him drinking beers and amy was asleep and he brought up working out, and he was asking to feel my muscles. I was like okay, why not, and I took my shirt off and flexed and he felt my arms and stuff, and then he started to rub my chest and abs. But at a certain point it just went on... uncomfortably long, and he was looking at my body like very sexually and it felt really weird and uncomfortable. He also felt like right down to the brim of my jeans and even pushed down a tiny bit with his finger into my pubes. At that point I was like, okay, this poo poo is obvious.

So Amy is a bit oblivious to how creepy he is. She almost always calls him out on it, but she also thinks its funny. I have talked to her about this and she always agrees with me but she says she has no idea what to say to him that would make him change. She said this has always been a problem with him how crude he is about these things. I told her about the thing where he felt me up near my jeans and she said that I might have just perceived it wrong and that he is very obsessed with fitness so he was just admiring my muscles. But she didnt flat out deny it either.

So at this point, what should i do? I actually like the guy despite the weirdness and dont want to like, never see him again. I will admit, he is hilarious, he is like a comedian but weird and always talking about sex. But the weirdness can be very uncomfortable. Very, very uncomfortable.

tl;dr: Girlfriends dad is loving weird and talks about sex constantly.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

maskenfreiheit posted:

This isn't the worst thing in the thread, but it might be the most inexplicable. Who the gently caress does this? Mirthless, feel free to chime in with the time this happened to you and why.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Can't wait to see ArbC justify this as normal behavior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

This one is easy. OP spent time chatting with her friend's bf while prepping dinner, particularly during the steak cooking. Friend saw this as flirting on either one of OP or her BF's part, or maybe both(true or not, who knows). Thus, lack of steak became the punishment for the slight.

This isn't rocket surgery, you goons. There's plenty of stuff missing that could play into this, like if OP is the pretty and successful one in the peer group, but I don't see how this is mystifying.