Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Bogatyr posted:

The terrorism speech a few days ago where he was talking about calling them Losers instead of Monsters since terrorists would enjoy being called monsters I think is more projection.

I think he gets off on the hate also I think loser really crawls up his rear end. I bet that's what daddy railed on him with.

That's actually the right way to discuss terrorists. After he London bus bombing the British police talked about the terrorists like they were petty criminals or "punks", that's even better. The wrong thing to do is to discuss the terrorists like the US media does, which gives them a kind of mystique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
I'm seriously wondering if he got so caught up in the music he actually forgot where he was

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Evil Fluffy posted:

His base will love it because "LOOKIT TRUMP SINGING UNLIKE THAT PINKO COMMIE KENYAN BASTARD UBUMMAR."

The reason this is especially great is that Mattis is standing there solemnly so if someone says this poo poo, you can immediately ask why they think Mattis hates America. It really is best to just troll these people.

As an aside, got into it with a coworker the other day about the Russia stuff and he of course brought up Benghazi so I asked him why he's ok with Trump having had Ryan Owens assassinated in Yemen to silence him about his illegal campaign contributions. He basically shut down completely. I encourage this tack with people you know who are lost.

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Yeah, I guess, but the whole town was apparently reduced down to .13 square miles of land and was 10 families. It is absolute nonsense for a town that small to have an entire local town government. Like I get it's unfortunate it had to be about horse cruelty but pretty much the first time anything did anything that made anyone even notice that a town government was even still a thing someone was going to say "why do we even have this? just let the county manage us, the county seat is literally the next town over"

This kind of stuff happens fairly frequently in rural areas. Here is the most recent one I could find in Iowa.

http://www.thehawkeye.com/news/local/state-board-dissolves-city-of-mount-union/article_fbef38f6-ae16-5520-ba6b-a429201871e2.html

IIRC a lot of the issues have a lot to do with infrastructure operations and maintenance. DNR comes in and tells people "hey please stop drinking your own poo poo." People get all hung ho and sign 10 year agreements to buy water (even though everyone is like minimum 85) then people eventually start dying and the kids (likely living in another state) are left paying a water bill for an empty house that no one will ever live in again. I've heard a lot of those cases end in the house mysteriously burning down because then the water/sewer contract ends.

That or I remember the case of one town that had like 35 people and no one ran for mayor or council. They asked the outgoing mayor why didn't run and he said he was just sick of it, he had been the mayor or rotated around the council or city clerk off and on for the last 25 years.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Vegetable posted:

this isn't that egregious, some folks are gonna love it as a sign of passion or whatever
I don't know. I always thought the entire point of an anthem is that it is sang together. Isn't it a theme song otherwise?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I like it when Trump rocks back and forth like a giant preschooler.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I like it when Trump rocks back and forth like a giant preschooler.

That's probably his brain disease causing his behavior to revert.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I don't know. I always thought the entire point of an anthem is that it is sang together. Isn't it a theme song otherwise?

It's a memorial service. You're supposed to act solemn, not somewhere between giddy and bored.

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

Sinteres posted:

It's a memorial service. You're supposed to act solemn, not somewhere between giddy and bored.

But he always gets bored when grownups are talking

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I'm not denying he looks like a complete idiot rocking back with that ridiculous grin forgetting half the words. People who are not Trump can usually handle singing something solemnly in remembrance of dead people. Happens all the time in churches.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:ughh:

When are we reaching Trump ceiling?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RobertMaguire_/status/868533719644209152

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/869232226604593153

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

ratbert90 posted:

New life goal: Get blocked by the POTUS.

wait so he actually blocks people but never ever replies to anyone? this is such a weird use of twitter, yo

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'm not going to armchair diagnose the guy, but my opinion is that he has reached the 'drunk toddler' stage of dementia. I just can't account for this any other way.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Wark Say posted:

:ughh:

When are we reaching Trump ceiling?

The Trump room is unbounded, yuuge beyond all earthly imaginings. It has no ceiling just as trumps ineptitude has no floor

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I'm glad Trump has gotten to the point where he's as openly disrespectful to the dead veterans as he is for the live ones. FUCKIN' DUMB DEAD GUYS, I PREFER THE SOLDIERS WHO *DIDN'T* GET KILLED! HEH!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Do Americans typically not sing the lyrics to their national anthem when it's playing? I mean, it's odd that he's the only one doing it, but other than that it doesn't seem strange.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

The Shrike dropped by to give Trump his cruciform before he strokes out.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

PT6A posted:

Do Americans typically not sing the lyrics to their national anthem when it's playing? I mean, it's odd that he's the only one doing it, but other than that it doesn't seem strange.

It's weird and vaguely offensive to mouth the lyrics and move to the music when your goal is to honor dead soldiers, usually

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

PT6A posted:

If it's a retarded occasion like a ball game you can sing. If it's at the Arlington National loving Cemetary on Memorial Day where, in some cases, heroes who protected the country are buried? You loving act like a goddamn adult and you pretend to be somber for the occasion.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Get this man a fidget spinner

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

PT6A posted:

I think in that context it's a bit like singing along to The Last Post.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

PT6A posted:

It depends on the context. You generally don't at a memorial service.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Pakled posted:

It depends on the context. You generally don't at a memorial service.

Why is that? When we have church funerals we still sing the hymns. Or is that just me? :(

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

Sinteres posted:

As if Trump knew where he was at that point in time.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Snuffman posted:

Ouch, I'd almost feel bad for him if he wasn't one of the worst people alive.

Almost all the responses to his tweets just seethe with visceral hatred. It's oddly soothing to read them.
He only values the suffering, pain, and humiliation behind the hatred. That's the pure stuff that fuels him.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

PerniciousKnid posted:

Why is that? When we have church funerals we still sing the hymns. Or is that just me? :(

That's Southern black people church, it's a different kind of church entirely. They celebrate the life instead of mourn the death.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BeschlossDC/status/869019792669372417/photo/1
https://twitter.com/TheDweck/status/869202951742529536

https://twitter.com/pitbull/status/869240498510217216

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 29, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

Back when I was a republican douchebag (college), I took great joy in the fact that I enjoyed Rage and they would hate me. Paul Ryan is almost certainly the same.

Sup fellow former republican douchebag :respek:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ShredsYouSay posted:

The Trump room is unbounded, yuuge beyond all earthly imaginings. It has no ceiling just as trumps ineptitude has no floor

He's like that episode of looney tunes where they fell through a hole in the earth and didn't stop falling until they came out the other side, and continued this until they ran out of momentum at the center of the earth.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ratbert90 posted:

New life goal: Get blocked by the POTUS.

I achieved it long ago after I told him to go gently caress himself after his Obama reelection meltdown.:smug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

PT6A posted:

At a cemetery, at a memorial event attended by relatives and wives/husbands of dead soldiers buried there in service of their nation? No, we typically do not sing along and dance at these occasions.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Meanwhile, In Texas:

https://twitter.com/alexazura/status/869247786600062976

e: footage crossposted from Zoux
https://twitter.com/CapitolNar/stat...r%3D159%23pti36

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 29, 2017

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah that is horrifically inappropriate. He's quite literally dancing on the grave of America's war dead.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
The President was singing the National Anthem at a memorial service for fallen soldiers.

You guys need to chill the gently caress out, it's a slow news day but there's nothing wrong with it even if he did look like a child doing it.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Yeah this is something that only people who already hate Trump will give a poo poo about honestly.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Pretty sure that was just one long burp from him that caused him to put his hand over his chest , which is a happy accident for the administration what with all the negative news.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Boon posted:

The President was singing the National Anthem at a memorial service for fallen soldiers.

You guys need to chill the gently caress out, it's a slow news day but there's nothing wrong with it even if he did look like a child doing it.

You know, there's a giant gulf between "The President did nothing wrong" and "He needs to be impeached for this it's worse than Russia".

Pretty sure many of us are nestled comfortably in the spot where we think he's a moron for singing and patting to the beat like a giant stupid child but it's just harmless idiocy that is only further proof he's not fit to run a country.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Boon posted:

It's not exactly a super scandalous thing that would wreck a presidency but no really, it's horribly inappropriate and embarrassing, it would bother me if I saw somebody doing that REGARDLESS of who they were :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Evil Fluffy posted:

A hate crime is not going to be considered a national tragedy. Especially by Trump in this case unless he tries to play up the "well this guy supported Bernie so clearly he's an alt-left radical" thing that right wingers have tried tossing around.

Not his account but something

https://twitter.com/potus/status/869204433418280961

• Locked thread