Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Hi there. I am experiencing micro stuttering during weapon/magic swapping with hotkeys and I am hoping that one of you might be able to help. What are the most common causes/fixes to this issue?

I am running Original Skyrim + All DLC + HiRez Packs + Mods. I followed reddit's guide to setting up a modded Skyrim as well as performing some ini tweaks as recommended by STEP. My system specs are Win10 + Nvidia 1080 + Intel i5 2500k + 16GB RAM + SSD.

I am at work right now and do not have my mod list available to post, but I can do that later if necessary. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Probably a ram issue. win10 hard-limits original Skyrim to 4gb of ram, period. Also,

Xavier434 posted:

I followed reddit's guide

problem detected.

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

Agents are GO! posted:

problem detected.
Isn't their guide is really helpful and thorough? Unless something changed in the last couple of months.

basalt fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 24, 2017

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Psion posted:

If you're not looking to mod the poo poo out of it, SE has all the essentials and you can probably make kakermix port anything else :v:

there are still reasons to stick with Legendary but they don't apply to your situation at all. go SE, enjoy the benefits.

Agreed. So far SE has crashed for me once in 184 hours, running with maybe a few dozen mods (morrowloot ftw)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've been reading through the OP and there's a huge number of options, so I was hoping goons could help me narrow down a basic core gameplay package. Something compatible with extra quests/items/spells/etc. So basically perks, race changes, things that make combat more interesting etc. I just want to improve the core Skyrim gameplay. For instance, if there are any combat mods meant to work with certain skill mods, and so forth.

Right now I'm thinking:

SPERG
Ultimate Combat
Archery Overhaul
Apocalypse Magic
Imperious Races

But there's at least one alternative to pretty much all of those, like the Tendo perks, Disparity, the other spell and combat mods. What do people here use?

I would go with frostfall because it makes the frozen north feel actually frozen, and its really well done.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Agents are GO! posted:

EDIT: also read the OP.

I did I'm just lazy, want only those three mods and want to know if steam workshop won't screw me over or if I actually have to put work into this to make 2 mods and a compatibility patch to work.

I know doing it right is probably best but what is sufficient to suit my minimal needs is better for me.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

With a minimal modlist the Workshop is fine, Id recommend subscribing, downloading the files, copying them, then unsubscribing simply so steam doesn't gently caress with them if the author updates them.

Also, Modding is the game.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Use EnaiSiaion's mods, but exchange Ordinator for SPERG.

I loved my playthroughs with SPERG in oldrim but I think Ordinator is better if you play a mage character. I agree with SPERG being better for the Warrior and most of the thief skills though.

There are a ton of monds for SSE and I'm now used to SkyUI 2.2 + SkyHud. I do miss the MCM and some mods that need SKSE to run but many mods now work with an in-game book + pop-up interface and while not as fun QOL-wise, it works well enough.

I hope the authors of some non-skse mods do end up porting them however (ie, Coldharbour Resummoned or something).

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

sebmojo posted:

I would go with frostfall because it makes the frozen north feel actually frozen, and its really well done.

I'll be honest, I'm playing SE right now and it's my first time in Skyrim in a long time without Frostfall and it's kind of nice. In some ways I still play like I'm using Frostfall (I avoid swimming in cold regions, I camp out if a blizzard rolls through, I don't leave town after dark), but not having to deal with constant debuffs when I'm anywhere north of Windhelm is nice.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played with Frostfall once and decided it mostly just added mindless busywork tbh

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i think the mod was called hypothermia, the one that just adds debuffs in cold areas and not entire perk trees and warmth mechanics lmao

use that instead of frostfall unless you want to engage in bizarre woodcutting minigames

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Those mostly add "immersion" if you're into more advanced roleplaying or want a more challenging approach to the colder zones - imo. If you just want to play the game and kill things, they can be annoying.

I think it's fun to have the added challenge and perk growth.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Campfire by itself adds enough immersion, imo. Getting the abilities to gather wood, build a fire, and put up a tent makes the game much better without the busywork.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Campfire by itself adds enough immersion, imo. Getting the abilities to gather wood, build a fire, and put up a tent makes the game much better without the busywork.

See, I forgot Campfire was the mod that did all the fun stuff and not Frostfall :v:

Frostfall is interesting from a warmth and frostbite approach giving you penalties for unprotected body parts but Campfire is definitely the best one.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I love Frostfall, ever since I had to break into someone's cabin in a blizzard just to get to a fire so I wouldn't die. It is an extra layer of busywork, but one that makes a fair bit of sense when traveling in a frozen wasteland. The only thing that irks me about it is the fact that you can't just fireball some trees alight for a makeshift campfire in a pinch, that would be nifty.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Valatar posted:

I love Frostfall, ever since I had to break into someone's cabin in a blizzard just to get to a fire so I wouldn't die. It is an extra layer of busywork, but one that makes a fair bit of sense when traveling in a frozen wasteland. The only thing that irks me about it is the fact that you can't just fireball some trees alight for a makeshift campfire in a pinch, that would be nifty.

I never tested but if you shoot firebolts and damage yourself, does it increase warmth?

Yeah the feeling of urgency is something I like about it - that and the fact you can pause progress while in combat and dialogue makes it so it doesn't just become tedious.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i like the part of skyrim where you kill baddies and get some sick loot

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i like the part of skyrim where you kill baddies and get some sick loot

Which mod is this?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Luceo posted:

Which mod is this?

I think he's referring to the console.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
I've kinda given up on waiting for SSE to get the collectathon that is legacy of the dragonborn, but I feel like playing modding again. Anyone know of a good SSE house that has displays/racks for the important bits and baubles around the world?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Owl posted:

I've kinda given up on waiting for SSE to get the collectathon that is legacy of the dragonborn, but I feel like playing modding again. Anyone know of a good SSE house that has displays/racks for the important bits and baubles around the world?

Pretty sure Elysium estate does.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4119/

There's another dude that made a ton of them but I forgot the names.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Clockwork does, and it's an awesome house and quest to boot.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
FYI Chesko's mod for hunger/poopsock mechanics, Last Seed, is out.

It's an early version but thus far looks promising, I'll be ditching iNeed for it once CACO support is live.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

How about this. Does anyone know of any player houses that have secret scrooge mcduckian septim vaults?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Cheap Shot posted:

How about this. Does anyone know of any player houses that have secret scrooge mcduckian septim vaults?

Other than Hjerim, I don't think any vanilla homes do/most mods are too over the top.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
There's a player house that's the inside of a Bag of Holding. That has a lot of (scenery) gold piles in it. I don't remember what it's called, though.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

There's a player house that's the inside of a Bag of Holding. That has a lot of (scenery) gold piles in it. I don't remember what it's called, though.

Haven Bag, it's a fun mod.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Quick question. Is SPERG compatible with Complete Crafting Overhaul?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Sure is, but there are a handful of overlapping features like material salvaging. Turn those bits off in SPERG's config and everything should be hunky dory.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

scamtank posted:

Sure is, but there are a handful of overlapping features like material salvaging. Turn those bits off in SPERG's config and everything should be hunky dory.

Those are the bits I was worried about being incompatible. Thanks for the info!

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Clockwork does, and it's an awesome house and quest to boot.

This is true, but for anyone checking it out, be aware that the quest, while interesting, is super tedious with a ton of back and forth through fairly tough respawning NPCs, into a rather large dungeon that covers a ton of space for almost no apparent reason but to be there. After like the second trip through the same old poo poo, consider TGM and possible even TCL to just finish that garbage. It's a shame, because it was otherwise pretty good, just long overstayed its welcome.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ive played through it twice, and I guess I liked the environments so much that I didn't mind it.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
The hypothermia mod sounds very interesting. I kinda don't want to just go around killing stuff, I want to roleplay as well and having hot/cold in a place where a blizzard is going on half the time makes sense. What would be the most recommended?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

NeoSeeker posted:

The hypothermia mod sounds very interesting. I kinda don't want to just go around killing stuff, I want to roleplay as well and having hot/cold in a place where a blizzard is going on half the time makes sense. What would be the most recommended?

If that's what you're after, then you want Frostfall and some sort of basic needs mod (Your big options right now are either iNeed or Realistic Needs and Diseases, but the new one by the Frostfall creator looks pretty interesting if you're into that sort of thing.) I use iNeed, but not the others, because I'm not into quite that much immersion, but I'm super glad that poo poo exists.

Supreme Storms (I think) is great for making blizzards into actual goddamn nightmares where you can't see two feet in front of you, too.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Id add, grab "SNOW" by rammccoid, it retextures the - duh- snowflakes and drifts and looks IMHO a lot better than vanilla, especially for survival mods. Also, Complete Cooking and Alchemy Overhaul has an optional extremely basic survival system built in, if you're looking for something simple.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It's probably time for me to admit, at least for the moment, that Skyrim is something I tinker with while I'm taking breaks from games I actually play. Not that I don't actually play the Running Around Shouting At Dragons minigame in between modding bouts, but, well, you know.

(Modding is the game.)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I installed Ordinator recently and, uh, wow. Am I supposed to use this with something that gives out more perk points or what?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Lizard Wizard posted:

I installed Ordinator recently and, uh, wow. Am I supposed to use this with something that gives out more perk points or what?

It's been a while since I played/modded, but I remember using a custom Skyrim Uncapper setting from Morrowloot Ultimate I believe. I think you gained something like 1.6 skill points per level which felt pretty good.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Haven't touched skyrim in a long time. In tyool 2017 should I switch from wyre bash to mator smash?

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mator Smash is not ready for primetime, but wrye bash isn't either. Make a tes5edit merged patch.