Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!

Dr. Snark posted:

A little bit of trivia for you folks if it wasn't mentioned sooner: the Hong Kong English version of the game that was available before the American one doesn't bleep out Sarte's name and keep both his and Beauvoir's names the same.

It just goes to show just how much :effort: went into handling that particular copyright issue.
Oddly enough, the French version doesn't give a poo poo either, despite our copyright laws being about as monolithic as the US's. It might just be the American side of the Sartre estate being a tad overzealous.

Still, I... didn't know people hated Sartre that much? His philosophy is one thing, but I don't think I've heard anything outrageous about his person. He was politically engaged with the left and quite proactive in his engagement. Not exactly a self-absorbed armchair philosopher.

gently caress that sidequest and all the idiot machines involved in it, though. I too did all my sidequests right before quick travel became a thing. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

gently caress Sartre (the robot)

I'm wasn't nearly as perturbed as TDI is about the backtracking to add that to it too, but still, gently caress that guy.

I don't know jack poo poo about the real Sartre but eh gently caress him too

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Miacis posted:

Oddly enough, the French version doesn't give a poo poo either, despite our copyright laws being about as monolithic as the US's. It might just be the American side of the Sartre estate being a tad overzealous.

Still, I... didn't know people hated Sartre that much? His philosophy is one thing, but I don't think I've heard anything outrageous about his person. He was politically engaged with the left and quite proactive in his engagement. Not exactly a self-absorbed armchair philosopher.

gently caress that sidequest and all the idiot machines involved in it, though. I too did all my sidequests right before quick travel became a thing. :argh:

Despite looking like a humanoid toad, he got laid constantly and goons are jealous.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

My favorite thing about the youtube comment entertainment was that he saw people were making fun of him here and he edited his comment. Y'all really are the worst of 4chan and reddit, attacking this poor man's freedom of speech. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He's got the freedom to say what he wants and we have the freedom to tell him to shut up.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Waffleman_ posted:

He's got the freedom to say what he wants and we have the freedom to tell him to shut up.

RADICAL FREEDOM. :smug:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

GimmickMan posted:

My favorite thing about the youtube comment entertainment was that he saw people were making fun of him here and he edited his comment. Y'all really are the worst of 4chan and reddit, attacking this poor man's freedom of speech. :allears:

"Why would I subscribe to Something Awful, they're the worst of 4chan and reddit combined, bunch of loving nerds."

*Said while following a current loving LP on Something Awful, totally not a nerd*

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Supremezero posted:

"Why would I subscribe to Something Awful, they're the worst of 4chan and reddit combined, bunch of loving nerds."

*Said while following a current loving LP on Something Awful, totally not a nerd*

I'm pretty sure he's joking. Also, I think the freedom of speach comment is supposed to be parodying what he thinks the type of person who makes the kind of comment (that got edited) often says. I'm surprised other people didn't notice this, I mean, I'm autistic, I'm supposed to be the one who doesn't notice things like sarcasm and parody.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Stephen9001 posted:

I'm pretty sure he's joking. Also, I think the freedom of speach comment is supposed to be parodying what he thinks the type of person who makes the kind of comment (that got edited) often says. I'm surprised other people didn't notice this, I mean, I'm autistic, I'm supposed to be the one who doesn't notice things like sarcasm and parody.

I'm aware that the post here is a joke. But the dude on Youtube actually did call us all nerds and talked about how SA is the worst of Reddit and 4chan combined, for some reason. Apparently the paywall's down at the moment. And he must be actually following the LP, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to comment on an unlisted video.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 29, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Supremezero posted:

I'm aware that the post here is a joke. But the dude on Youtube actually did call us all nerds and talked about how SA is the worst of Reddit and 4chan combined, for some reason. Apparently the paywall's down at the moment.

Oh, wait, I get it, your post was mocking the original youtube comment, not the post you quoted, my bad. Sorry about that, it can be hard to tell these things sometimes.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Nohman posted:

He could have at least left his hat for the pod to wear. What a dick.

Also there's a real winner in the Youtube comments for the new update video.

Id, you've changed! I miss the old you that was slightly more bitter and had fewer children knocking about!
You darn neoliberal regressive leftist!

:v:

The Big Whoop posted:

Yokotaro followed me while he was drunk the other night and I'm so happy
Did you at least call him a taxi to make sure he got home safe :ohdear:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Still reading Drakengard 3 thread, and I figured out when Id became a mouthpiece for the left. On May 15th, 2015, Something Awful Forums user, LP superstar, and apparently well-regarded PS2-era alt-right ubermensch "The Dark Id" went and saw known feminazi propaganda film "Mad Max: Fury Road." This event obviously brainwashed him into becoming the Obamarxist that he is today.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Miacis posted:

Sartes philosophy is has serious issues and he loved supporting death squads as long as he agreed with them. Sarte sucks, gently caress that guy.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
So are you suggesting he supports death squads he doesn't agree with? That seems counterproductive.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Grapplejack posted:

Sartes philosophy is has serious issues and he loved supporting death squads as long as he agreed with them. Sarte sucks, gently caress that guy.

Do not look up the number of people who created the foundations of the society we live in today and were involved in the slave trade, it is not a good number.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Don't support death squads kids. Unless they're robot death squads with nice butts, then you're A-OK.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

We have actual goon GoneRampant in the comments assuring everyone that they don't really know who TDI is but went and hunted down an unlisted video to call him an rear end in a top hat for telling off the casual racism defender who doesn't wait to learn what words means before using them.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Trojan Kaiju posted:

We have actual goon GoneRampant in the comments assuring everyone that they don't really know who TDI is but went and hunted down an unlisted video to call him an rear end in a top hat for telling off the casual racism defender who doesn't wait to learn what words means before using them.

What on earth is even happening here.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Grapplejack posted:

Don't support death squads kids. Unless they're robot death squads with nice butts, then you're A-OK.

Screw you, I've got the RADICAL FREEDOM to support any goddamn death squad I want!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Radical Freedom: Deathsquad is the best budget Chinese game never made.

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008

Screaming Idiot posted:

Radical Freedom: Deathsquad is the best budget Chinese game never made.

Radical Freedom Deathsquad sounds like an alternate title for the EDF series.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Speaking of Sarte, the philosophy webcomic updated. http://existentialcomics.com/comic/187

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Trojan Kaiju posted:

I thought that guy's name sounded familiar, and that's because I saw him bitching about SJW'S in the Internet Critics megathread yesterday.

e: for stalking people online, no less

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Seems like Sartre is a beckon for bitch made losers like GoneRampant.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Qrr posted:

I am a little confused about the hatred for Jean-Paul here. Three people send him stuff he doesn't want. He tells you he doesn't want it. Somehow, he's the villain in this. It's odd.

I think there's ooone more reason why everyone hates Jean Paul, but to go into it would be spoilers, so just keep watching and all will be revealed.

Or play the game yourself. It's very good.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Oxxidation posted:

I thought that guy's name sounded familiar, and that's because I saw him bitching about SJW'S in the Internet Critics megathread yesterday.

e: for stalking people online, no less

I never actually said the words "SJWs," and I wasn't bitching about them- what I said was "Going after someone's RL job over online things isn't cool IMO." Please don't put words in my mouth, and if you disagree with me, I'd happily discuss it with you.

Now as for what I'm doing in that comment section? Pure, fun shitposting. I like riling people up.

GoneRampant fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 29, 2017

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Oh man, this gonna be good.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Stephen9001 posted:

Oh, wait, I get it, your post was mocking the original youtube comment, not the post you quoted, my bad. Sorry about that, it can be hard to tell these things sometimes.

Anyone who hasn't had a misfire like that is either new to the internet or a liar.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
This just goes to show you should never read youtube comments.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

RevolverDivider posted:

Oh man, this gonna be terrible.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

GoneRampant posted:

I never actually said the words "SJWs," and I wasn't bitching about them- what I said was "Going after someone's RL job over online things isn't cool IMO." Please don't put words in my mouth, and if you disagree with me, I'd happily discuss it with you.

Now as for what I'm doing in that comment section? Pure, fun shitposting. I like riling people up.

Feel free to ply your poorly developed shitposting craft in the remedial class cesspool that is Youtube comments sections. But don't drag your leaky diaper of poo poo nobody cares about in here. Thanks.

Edit: Everyone cool it on Youtube talk. That poo poo is done.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 29, 2017

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

RevolverDivider posted:

Oh man, this gonna be good.

Or rather, how about we don't take the obvious troll bait and talk about almost anything else before we get the thread locked?

Sooo, those Facade masks those 'bots in the desert are wearing, I'm assuming they're not original since there's no way a mask would keep that long, but why the reference? Were they war trophies from way back then, incorporated into that particular robotic division's uniform and then kept on because of institutional inertia?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Omobono posted:

Sooo, those Facade masks those 'bots in the desert are wearing, I'm assuming they're not original since there's no way a mask would keep that long, but why the reference? Were they war trophies from way back then, incorporated into that particular robotic division's uniform and then kept on because of institutional inertia?
This actually gets addressed in a later side quest to some extent, believe it or not.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Dark Id posted:

Feel free to ply your poorly developed shitposting craft in the remedial class cesspool that is Youtube comments sections. But don't drag your leaky diaper of poo poo nobody cares about in here. Thanks.

*Shrugs* Alright. Adios.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Oh no we lost a viewer whatever will we do, the whole LP is for naught :qq:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jean-Paul Sarte posted:

*Shrugs* Alright. Adios.

:argh: gently caress you Sarte!

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

I think there's ooone more reason why everyone hates Jean Paul, but to go into it would be spoilers, so just keep watching and all will be revealed.

Or play the game yourself. It's very good.

I have played the game, and I guess we'll discuss that when we get there.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I hope there's a robot named Aristotle and we get to punch him in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

I pray for a color palette that will not come.
We've already scrapped Marx and Engels, so I'm sure we'll get to Aristotle in NieR: Automata's big ABC book of philosophers soon enough.

• Locked thread