Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
When you're the one dude giving a standing ovation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Her applause gets bigger the more generic and meaningless her soundbites get.

e: That's seriously it?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hoops posted:

David Cameron would have ran either of these two out of the building without pausing for breath

Cameron was nothing if not an incredibly slippery dick in a 55 gallon barrel of lube.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
good lord shes hosed.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Well, that was certainly something.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
You really weren't that difficult, May.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
That was still not hard enough. He could have absolutely devastated her.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
i dont feel good after watching that

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

That should be worth another point or two on the polls. It's a country mile from losing the election in one fell swoop, but it won't do anything for the blood pressures at CCHQ.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gonna be extra devastating when her party still wins after that.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Not a complete catastrophe for May and her (applauded) Brexit strategy just got even worse.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Very disappointed he didn't push her there on no deal meaning we're ripe for a bad deal with Trump instead, and having to cosy up with the nutters of global trade. Never mind the whole 'Britain is open for business' corporation tax cuts shite that has been pedalled for nearly a decade to no real effect.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Trin Tragula posted:

That should be worth another point or two on the polls. It's a country mile from losing the election in one fell swoop, but it won't do anything for the blood pressures at CCHQ.

Really depends which bits get pulled out for the reports - bet you the applause break she got for repeating "no deal is better than a bad deal" will be the one they keep showing for her.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Hopefully the canvassers make a lot of good use of this this week. Really keen to see the papers headlines as well.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Gonna be extra devastating when her party still wins after that.

Lol yeah.

:(

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
A total non event that will change nobody's minds and highlights just how utterly lacking in leadership this country is.

Paxman was awful.

Oh its still on.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

UK is going to get hosed so, so hard in the negotiations when this loving plank is running the country.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Oh my God that last bit where the programming on bad deal / no deal just went into an infinite loop.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pochoclo posted:

That was still not hard enough. He could have absolutely devastated her.

His approach switched from screaming incoherently at closing time and trying to start a fight in the pub car park to a disappointed dad with May.

And May couldn't handle it.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Paxman ending with gift questions on Brexit. Her strongest topic and he didn't even want any follow up, just wanted her to say she'd leave with no deal and get some applause.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Lmao if she wins Barnier and the eu27 are going to eat her alive.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Reminder that Brexit is actually going to be conducted by a series of total amateurs on our side with May getting increasingly angry at them when they don't immediately get all of her points in the agreement.

I can see negotiators quitting halfway through.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Junior G-man posted:

Oh my God that last bit where the programming on bad deal / no deal just went into an infinite loop.

paxman's record wasn't long enough and hit the run-out track too early

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

A total non event that will change nobody's minds and highlights just how utterly lacking in leadership this country is.

Paxman was awful.

Oh its still on.

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/869286649376776192

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

namesake posted:

Reminder that Brexit is actually going to be conducted by a series of total amateurs on our side with May getting increasingly angry at them when they don't immediately get all of her points in the agreement.
And she won't feel remotely threatened by this because the right wing press is going to cheer her on the entire way, all the while avoiding any negative results stemming from her incompetence and stupidity because they're actually because of the EU bullying us.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

namesake posted:

Amateurs would be much, much cheaper than the incredibly highly-paid consultants they're getting in to do it and who definitely won't be carving out exceptions for large consultancy firms as part of the negotiations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Junior G-man posted:

Lmao if she wins Barnier and the eu27 are going to eat her alive.

And then we have to make a deal with Trump, happily selling out our environment and food standards in the process.

As much as I hate May I don't actively want her to gently caress up the negotiations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

namesake posted:

Yeah, most people, including most interviewers, don't seem to understand that the exit negotiations won't actually be carried out by national leaders.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Honestly I'd be amazed if the Commission Brexit team isn't pissing itself with laughter after that performance.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

This Is Bad For Us

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Get this tweet in front of as many Northern UKIP voters as you can. Good man Nige, that's it.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Also, Paxman's definitely past his prime. He's lost sight of the fact that the aggressive interviewing stance is supposed to be a means to an end, rather than an end in itself.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/869299621071376384

I've just become acquainted with "weathercock" and I love it

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Amateurs would be much, much cheaper than the incredibly highly-paid consultants they're getting in to do it and who definitely won't be carving out exceptions for large consultancy firms as part of the negotiations.

Nope.

I know reliable stories that they're trying to poach cream of the crop trade negotiators in Brussels at the moment, but the salaries on offer are so low people are just hanging up on the recruiters.

Heard it from a very senior UK national with 20+ years of WTO and Brussels experience.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Too bad Corbyn was up against Britain's Got Talent.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/869297631104827392

Surprising that BoJo thinks his boss won.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

blunt posted:

Too bad Corbyn was up against Britain's Got Talent.

Yeah I wonder what the audience for that was. My guess is 1.2 million.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Pochoclo posted:

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/869299621071376384

I've just become acquainted with "weathercock" and I love it

Is he doing the thing where we are not supposed to notice the extra "the"? "The May", like she's not even a person.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

When was the last time the UK's two main parties had leaders this bad jesus christ.
Heath/Dementia Wilson

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Mr. Nemo posted:

Is he doing the thing where we are not supposed to notice the extra "the"? "The May", like she's not even a person.

Well, he has been hanging around The Donald a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Imagine Thatcher doing that TV show.

• Locked thread