Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

blunt posted:

Too bad Corbyn was up against Britain's Got Talent.

Not a mistake on May's part. She's been terrified of having to appear in front of anyone that might not kiss her ring.

Still, if Twitter is anything to go by more people were interacting about that than Britain's Got Talent.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Is he doing the thing where we are not supposed to notice the extra "the"? "The May", like she's not even a person.

He's claiming credit for her election victory. Which is kind of true, to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lmao
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/869300096516726786

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Also remember that Davies has already excluded hiring non UK citizens for the negotiating teams.

Not that he'll keep his job after she's reelected.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Though he went quiet when she threw him under the £350m a week bus

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

Not a mistake on May's part.

Corbyn won the coin toss, he could have gone second.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

Still, if Twitter is anything to go by more people were interacting about that than Britain's Got Talent.

It's not.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If they ever manage to get this leader's debate, now Jeremy's hanging around with JME, I want all of Boy Better Know on stage with him as hypemen.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

If they ever manage to get this leader's debate, now Jeremy's hanging around with JME, I want all of Boy Better Know on stage with him as hypemen.

with the immigration policy of 'we need some more girls in here'

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

jabby posted:

Paxman ending with gift questions on Brexit. Her strongest topic and he didn't even want any follow up, just wanted her to say she'd leave with no deal and get some applause.

Can you not see how devastating that is to key tory supporters, namely the loving posho banker twats in the south east?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Yeah Theresa May isn't good enough. She's just not natural enough in public, and everything I hear from Westminster journalists on radio/podcasts says she's not anything special behind the scenes either.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Can you not see how devastating that is to key tory supporters, namely the loving posho banker twats in the south east?

They make up a tiny proportion of the electorate. Plus they know she doesn't actually mean it.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lmao

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Lovechop posted:

with the immigration policy of 'we need some more girls in here'

Plus it leads to Theresa May having to counter with "Too many many man", which would lead to the inevitable breakup of the entire Tory party in shame.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Sky News now proving how balanced they are by interviewing two audience members, one Tory voter who is still going to vote Tory and the other 'small business owner' who is also going to vote Tory.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Man who utterly hates Corbyn (James Forsyth) from paper that utterly hates Corbyn (Spectator):

Corbyn turns in one of his best media performances

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
People are telling me the audience shat on May horribly and that near the end only one guy got up to clap for her? Please tell me that is true, I didn't get to watch it.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

He's certainly timed his run has our Jez

Edit: do you remember when the whole world took the piss out of his supposed "rebranding"? It's one-way traffic for him right now, a lot of people may have spoken a little bit early.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 29, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

jabby posted:

Sky News now proving how balanced they are by interviewing two audience members, one Tory voter who is still going to vote Tory and the other 'small business owner' who is also going to vote Tory.

sky should interview the ukmnt voter

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

BillBear posted:

People are telling me the audience shat on May horribly and that near the end only one guy got up to clap for her? Please tell me that is true, I didn't get to watch it.

There were a couple of hecklers and at the end a guy embarrassed himself by being the only person to stand up when clapping.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
That was potentially the most cringeworthy thing I have seen since I was accidentally exposed to footage from an adam sandler film.

Holy gently caress.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

"Of course I'm the man for the job, gently caress off."
__________________________________________\

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

BillBear posted:

It's true, though may did get a general applause at the end, only one dickhead gave her a standing ovation.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/869304236781252608

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

jabby posted:

Okay can you just turn it down a notch or two please.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/GdnPolitics/status/869300534817304581

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
What a dumb gently caress.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

TheRat posted:

Man who utterly hates Corbyn (James Forsyth) from paper that utterly hates Corbyn (Spectator):

Corbyn turns in one of his best media performances

The Spectator is very much allied to the posh boy faction of the Conservative leadership and has serious reservations about Theresa May. I suspect they're thinking very seriously about calling for her to be toppled if the election result is a damp squib for the Tories.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Pistol_Pete posted:

The Spectator is very much allied to the posh boy faction of the Conservative leadership and has serious reservations about Theresa May. I suspect they're thinking very seriously about calling for her to be toppled if the election result is a damp squib for the Tories.
Finally, the Gove-led Brexit the country is yearning for *stifled voms*

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

BillBear posted:

Eh, she was less than impressive but she got through it without making GBS threads herself and collapsing on stage, which is what the thread was hoping for.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

https://twitter.com/Peter_Lote/status/869296178357293056

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

In case anyone was wondering which direction the guardian was leaning:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

TheRat posted:

Jesus when did the Guardian become so poo poo at knowing what it's readers want/ how to market itself.

I mean did corbyns election break them this badly?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TheRat posted:

lol loving hell

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Our politics could be saved by explaining to people that they can just not vote. I'm guessing this guy has a problem with Corbyn. So just don't vote. Instead it's "I don't like either so i'm voting May". Does the public think if they don't vote then no one is running the country and we'll crash into Europe?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

TheRat posted:

so out of touch with it's readership and just absolutely refusing to accept it even as it has to beg for donations to subsist. suicidal liberalism.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Regarde Aduck posted:

Our politics could be saved by explaining to people that they can just not vote. I'm guessing this guy has a problem with Corbyn. So just don't vote. Instead it's "I don't like either so i'm voting May". Does the public think if they don't vote then no one is running the country and we'll crash into Europe?

He might be a lifelong Tory voter?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TheRat posted:

Christ our media is poo poo.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Josef bugman posted:

Jesus when id the Gaurdian become so poo poo at knowing what it's readers want/ how to market itself.
Tons and tons of Guardian readers think Corbyn is a joke. Or they did for the last 18 months anyway, there's clearly been a shift in opinion since the campaign started.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Regarde Aduck posted:

People who vote Conservative can't imagine doing otherwise. It's the routine they've followed for decades upon decades and even if they hate everything that's happening right now they believe a Conservative government is the best option in any situation.

The UK is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/RebeccaBuxton/status/869303326608957441

• Locked thread