Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

I think that's a lot of why you're seeing a rise in popularity for Chapo and the DSA and Bernie. Chapo's got 14k subs. Bernie's the #1 most favorably-viewed politician in America. DSA I'm hearing poo poo about for the first time ever. Trump's election was that Bad Day for everyone. Hillbots pushed back against reality by denying that Hillary was entirely at fault even before the 500 external factors like Russia and Comey. Everyone else is turning to the left and seeing that, yeah, a $15 minimum wage and Medicare For All are pretty loving great ideas right about now.

Yeah, the speed at which Obama era incremental changes are getting rolled back really blew up the fantasy of wise liberal leaders slowly but surely making things better for everyone if we just be patient and supportive enough of the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

This is the good Chapo TH thread again, by the way.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Moose are indeed very intimidating but that "What moose, daddy?" story is still completely bizarre.
I think the obvious conclusion is that Kasich was too busy wetting his pants about the moose to ever point it out to his kid and they never even saw it. I really doubt the kid forgot seeing a massive freaking moose just minutes later.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

haha

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i think an interesting thing people could do would be not posting about video games ever again

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Neeksy posted:

I think a lot of people on the left were almost freed by it. After being told for decades by the Third Way Dems to shut up about our good ideas on wages and healthcare because only they knew how to actually win, only for it to turn out that they can't even do that part right, the left has the chance to push back.

honestly this was my experience. I was all aboard the 'alright we can't get sanders but hey slow progress is still progress' train and then, ya know, a mentally retarded fox news grandpa got in office and instantly started shredding anything with Obama's signature on it while screaming 'I'M WINNING, THIS IS HOW YOU WIN POLITICS'

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Fast Luck posted:

I think the obvious conclusion is that Kasich was too busy wetting his pants about the moose to ever point it out to his kid and they never even saw it. I really doubt the kid forgot seeing a massive freaking moose just minutes later.

the moose was a fever dream

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

I don't think anyone mentioned it yet but David Cross giving Felix poo poo for misusing "literally" was the best because you could tell that was the sort of thing Felix would normally clown on someone for doing on Twitter but it's David Cross so he just mumbles.

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This is the good Chapo TH thread again, by the way.

The JRE thread is like Jupiter, pulling any center right shitheads with terrible opinions or people with a compulsion to construct strawmen so they can post "negroes aren't people" and the smugface into its gravity well.

Also, we can put the "is Felix a goon?" chat to rest:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Regulus74 posted:

The JRE thread is like Jupiter, pulling any center right shitheads with terrible opinions or people with a compulsion to construct strawmen so they can post "negroes aren't people" and the smugface into its gravity well.

He only claimed to be a lurker because he's actually permabanned poster niggerstomper58.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

lol Felix made a reference to goon island in episode 35

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Happens around at 17:30

I checked and it's just the guest talking about Ukraine, are you sure it wasn't a different time/episode?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Felix is post-transition Integral, and Chapo is an extended front page article.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

deadpan posted:

I don't think anyone mentioned it yet but David Cross giving Felix poo poo for misusing "literally" was the best because you could tell that was the sort of thing Felix would normally clown on someone for doing on Twitter but it's David Cross so he just mumbles.

Like David Hayter on Scumbag. Don't meet your heroes!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
David Cross is a bad guest lol I couldn't get through this episode

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Regulus74 posted:

i don't believe him for a goddamn second

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Analytic Engine posted:

Like David Hayter on Scumbag. Don't meet your heroes!

Man, that had to have been so hard for Felix.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Outside of very few, anyone in the entertainment industry who are comfortable have no reason not to be a liberal. And David Cross' schtick always had a level of the type of elitism that comes with caring about poo poo like literal use of the word "literally" while ignoring that the actual meaning has been conveyed. As much poo poo as I talk about people who care too much about grammar as a crutch for not providing a real argument back in order to just say the equivalent of "lmao you used word wrong" if someone I looked up to with connections did that I'd do the same thing.

Hopefully one day Felix will be in the position to do the opposite

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
tbf it is really annoying when people misuse literally

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also, crazy thought, I think he may have been joking.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Disagree, he came on Chapo to literally poo poo all over the hosts in to prove his superiority over them

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The Muppets On PCP posted:

literally the worst

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i liked the david cross episode.

also, please put felix's tweet about never posting on SA in the OP

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
hahah man I can't believe felix didn't drag david hayter for being a loving *spits* lib :smug:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

these threads are so dumb sometimes, y'all like gossip tweens

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Regulus74 posted:

Actually, whichever Chapo thread I'm not getting owned in is the good one.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

What, like some kind of professional jokester???

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Wait, did DAVID CROSS use literally to mean figuratively? Because he's literally done a stand-up bit about using literally incorrectly.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

Wait, did DAVID CROSS use literally to mean figuratively? Because he's literally done a stand-up bit about using literally incorrectly.

No, Felix did and David Cross no-sold his joke.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I think the only thing David Cross was being serious about was not believing Trump had dementia.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/869231582128812034

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

#womenprotector

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Gorn Myson posted:

Disagree, he came on Chapo to literally poo poo all over the hosts in to prove his superiority over them

Yeah, it was awesome.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/andrewperezdc/status/869283910668124160

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

both sides

BOTH SIDES

BOTH SIDES

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

a cyberpunk goose posted:

these threads are so dumb sometimes, y'all like gossip tweens

Biodome posted:

Yeah, it was awesome.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
David Cross usually isn't for me but he was pretty funny on the show and it's nice to have a guest who can hold his own, even if he doesn't mesh perfectly with the gang.

Also don't worry about the sound quality guys Matt's moving to NYC in July.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

ASMR Matt Fury [Chapo]

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Human Tornada posted:

David Cross usually isn't for me but he was pretty funny on the show and it's nice to have a guest who can hold his own, even if he doesn't mesh perfectly with the gang.

Also don't worry about the sound quality guys Matt's moving to NYC in July.

After living in the Midwest summertime NYC will be a living nightmare for him right?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Muppets On PCP posted:

:agreed:

Puppy Galaxy posted:

i liked the david cross episode.

:same:

fatherboxx