Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

In case anyone was wondering which direction the guardian was leaning:

That's so poo poo. It's not even that negative. It's certainly not positive. It's boring. A really boring headline and a vaguely positive caption on the photo. It's like they're confused.

Rejected headline: Corbyn said a thing to paxman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

are you allowed to post your own tweets here

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/BillyHayes_CWU/status/869231533412016128

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

TheRat posted:

That's literally least sensible take.

HEADLINE: Leader Denies Something Nobody Thought Was True (But Look At Us Implying That Maybe It Is!)

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Thanks, er, Billy Hayes?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Corbyn inists he is not beating his wife.

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

I suppose a performance like that is what happens when you have a coronation instead of a leadership election.

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly

Regarde Aduck posted:

That's so poo poo. It's not even that negative. It's certainly not positive. It's boring. A really boring headline and a vaguely positive caption on the photo. It's like they're confused.

Rejected headline: Corbyn said a thing to paxman.

Its also kind of incoherent. So he's not a dictator but he also does not compromise?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

let the guardian die and give all of the donations to a new paper that does the investigative journalism without giving idiots like toynbee, kettle and moran 6 figure salaries imo

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Jeremy Corbyn explaining that he is not the Party is somehow the biggest headline grabber in the debate. Not May being openly laughed at by the audience. It's a phrase that only sounds weird if taken completely out of context.

Amazing, it's a mystery how the Guardian isn't making any money.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

thehappyprince posted:

let the guardian die and give all of the donations to a new paper that does the investigative journalism without giving idiots like toynbee, kettle and moran 6 figure salaries imo

6 figures. What the blue perfect hell?

I could write better hot takes in less time for 6 figures. Give me a job Guardian, I don't know anything but I can look reasonable in a suit!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

wowzer

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/869293102716129280

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

TheRat posted:

Disappointing, but looks like most papers tomorrow have splashed on the zookeeper killed by a Tiger.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

jabby posted:

Disappointing, but looks like most papers tomorrow have splashed on the zookeeper killed by a Tiger.

Well yeah, May lost.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Rename the thread 'the seductive power of Jeremy Corbyn', tia

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

Rename the thread 'the seductive power of Jeremy Corbyn', tia

I now have a terrifying image of Corbyn in the James Bond role. There is an extended sequence where he looks very concernedly at M and talks about how we shouldn't really be destabilizing this country.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

So what excuse can the Tories give to get May out of Wednesday's one?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I'm ready to be seduced by Jeremy's good humoured resignation speech on June 9th.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Leaked poll from survation was accurate.
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/869310335894925313

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/869310335894925313

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

So if Labourt and the LibDems were to form a coalition, would that guarantee a win?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

awesome-express posted:

So if Labourt and the LibDems were to form a coalition, would that guarantee a win?

Popular vote share does not translate to seats like that

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

awesome-express posted:

No, FPTP is hilariously undemocratic.

Also The Lib Dems are snakes.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I'm ready to be seduced by Jeremy's good humoured resignation speech on June 9th.

He's not resigning until the Labour party changes.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
The problem with all of this is that this time next year we'll have Boris as prime minister and Trump in the White House.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

A more optimistic prognosis: full scale nuclear holocaust.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

awesome-express posted:

No, because we have FPTP.

If the LibDem vote were higher, an electoral pact would give a better chance - but as things are it's better for Labour to try to thrash them into 3rd place wherever they can.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Hoops posted:

The problem with all of this is that this time next year we'll have Boris as prime minister and Trump in the White House.

I'd like to think that the one good cartoonist that the Guardian has, the guy who predicited the Trump would not be able to physically "See" Corbyn, was correct and we could have the sight of Corbyn offering Jam making tips to Donald Trump.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

thehappyprince posted:

if only :negative:

lol at the idea that there will ever be a successful new newspaper again, let alone one that caters to the political whims of UKMT

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Namtab posted:

He's not resigning until the Labour party changes.

Then labour is hosed.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

corbyn's going nowhere. the story of the election, whatever happens, will be how much better labour would've done had the labour right wingers not been such wankers for 2 years.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

Then labour is hosed.

so is ur mom

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

thehappyprince posted:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

thehappyprince posted:

corbyn's going nowhere. the story of the election, whatever happens, will be how much better labour would've done had the labour right wingers not been such wankers for 2 years.

That's been the same unconvincing story among Corbynites for two years.

This Tory campaign is a shambles and labour is about to lose an election to it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lol

Pissflaps posted:

Then labour is hosed.

I mean that's one of the reasons he's been voted leader twice, as he wants to reform the party to return some power to the membership and also ensure that the left wing candidate isn't on the leadership ballot as a plp in-joke.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

You're such a twat. You're the dork standing in the corner in a party and you've just pulled out a gun and now you're telling us how we'll all see, we'll see!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Regarde Aduck posted:

You're such a twat. You're the dork standing in the corner in a party and you've just pulled out a gun and now you're telling us how we'll all see, we'll see!

Wow you have a really vivid imagination.

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Can you drop the pretense that you "want to be wrong about Corbyn", your disappointment every time Corbyn does well or Labour gains in the polls is obvious to everyone.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm going to seduce pissflaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

That's been the same unconvincing story among Corbynites for two years.

This Tory campaign is a shambles and labour is about to lose an election to it.

Most people would say your argument is becoming less and less convincing as Labour surges in the polls during the one period the PLP have shut the gently caress up.

• Locked thread