Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

D&D calls him a right winger but I think that's just because he doesn't plan on putting everybody with two pennies to rub together against the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

France starting to treat Russia like the collapsing economy it is

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Lol, this Macron leaks poo poo sort of backfired it seems

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This loving timeline I swear to god

https://twitter.com/betsy_klein/status/869268254744858624

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Maga patreon

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

are you loving kidding me

EDIT: Have some more Macron to balance out MAGA loot boxes:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/869232869109112832

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 29, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Do they ship to nz

Asking for a friend

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Buca di Bepis posted:

D&D calls him a right winger but I think that's just because he doesn't plan on putting everybody with two pennies to rub together against the wall.

By French standards this does make him a right winger.

Trollbama and Macron need to get together for a brainstorming session.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Two Finger posted:

Do they ship to nz

Asking for a friend

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Two Finger posted:

Do they ship to nz

Asking for a friend

I'm still mad IRL that I didn't get an American goon to buy me an official Obama 2012-campaign Joe Biden beer cozy, and mail it to me to Finland:

What could have been :smith:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Missionary Positron posted:

I'm still mad IRL that I didn't get an American goon to buy me an official Obama 2012-campaign Joe Biden beer cozy, and mail it to me to Finland:

I'm mad that I didn't know this existed until now.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Missionary Positron posted:

holy poo poo i want both of these things real bad

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

A Bad Poster posted:

I'm mad that I didn't know this existed until now.

Me too. :(

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Two Finger posted:

holy poo poo i want both of these things real bad

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

Do they ship to nz

Asking for a friend

Please do not give money to fascists tia

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Please do not give money to fascists tia

Can we make knockoff parody swag to which all profits go to the ACLU?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Report: Trump to reverse Obama’s Cuba policy

quote:

President Donald Trump plans on reversing a set of policies softening relations with Cuba, according to a report from The Daily Caller.

The U.S.-Cuba Trade and Economic Council, a non-partisan group, said the Trump administration is preparing to announce the changes to Obama-era policies in a June speech in Miami, according to the Daily Caller.

The report cites two unnamed sources who said a bipartisan trio of senators -- Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), and Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.) -- pushed for the reversal.

US foreign policy status: :tif:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Hahaha things were finally going right between ourselves and Cuba but gently caress it man burn it all down I guess

It's just our planet we only have to live here

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Hahaha things were finally going right between ourselves and Cuba but gently caress it man burn it all down I guess

It's just our planet we only have to live here

This is made even funnier by the handful of articles I read about AirBnB and the like looking to swoop in when relations were first thawing.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

He'll probably flip flop back after he faces a poo poo ton of criticism from businesses.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
My parents love Cuba and spent their last holiday in Havana. They said they wanted to enjoy it one last time before it's overrun with American tourists. Perhaps I can get them a few weeks of Cuba vacation for their 60th birthday in a few years years if Trump continues to be dumb?

Just trying to stay positive.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Torrannor posted:

My parents love Cuba and spent their last holiday in Havana. They said they wanted to enjoy it one last time before it's overrun with American tourists. Perhaps I can get them a few weeks of Cuba vacation for their 60th birthday in a few years years if Trump continues to be dumb?

Just trying to stay positive.

Yes, because British tourists are so popular everywhere else.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Wouldn't it be great if we got along with Cuba?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Marco Rubio is such a bitch made little fuckboi

I'm liking the Euros throwing shade at Russia and Donnie. I wish Justin would show if he had a pair like his dad and follow suit.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

MA-Horus posted:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Russell Wilson had a hell of a bender this past weekend

:v:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

TBeats posted:

Wouldn't it be great if we got along with Cuba?

no, gently caress cuba, it's still a brutal repressive dictatorship

I think the embargo is dumb as gently caress but gently caress Cuba

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

MA-Horus posted:

I'm liking the Euros throwing shade at Russia and Donnie. I wish Justin would show if he had a pair like his dad and follow suit.

Justin is not Pierre and will not

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

It's almost impressive really how thoroughly and absolutely Donnie is self-absorbed in any and everything he does. Second only to "I will do whatever it takes to make myself richer", Donnie's entire personal governing philosophy seems to be OBAMA DID A THING, THING BAD because he's just that petty and spiteful about the Obamas.

"loving KIDS EATING HEALTHY IN SCHOOL? NAH gently caress THAT, THAT OBAMA BITCH IN THE WHITE(MAN'S) HOUSE SAID IT SO gently caress IT AND gently caress THEM"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bird food bathtub posted:

It's almost impressive really how thoroughly and absolutely Donnie is self-absorbed in any and everything he does. Second only to "I will do whatever it takes to make myself richer", Donnie's entire personal governing philosophy seems to be OBAMA DID A THING, THING BAD because he's just that petty and spiteful about the Obamas.

"loving KIDS EATING HEALTHY IN SCHOOL? NAH gently caress THAT, THAT OBAMA BITCH IN THE WHITE(MAN'S) HOUSE SAID IT SO gently caress IT AND gently caress THEM"

Makes me wonder what they would be doing if Obama did something they liked, say tax cuts for real estate developers.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

BigDave posted:

Makes me wonder what they would be doing if Obama did something they liked, say tax cuts for real estate developers.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/tnawa2/key-and-peele-obama-s-meeting-with-republicans

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

bird food bathtub posted:

Not a huge reddit user myself but trumpcriticizestrump is amazing

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

no, gently caress cuba, it's still a brutal repressive dictatorship

I think the embargo is dumb as gently caress but gently caress Cuba

America just concluded a 110$ arms deal with Saudi Arabia. I was going to type more, but clearly that's all you need to know that it being "brutal" and "oppressive" doesn't matter in the slightest.
Cuba deserves loving substantially less than a lot of places.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/29/portland-attack-republican-james-buchal-militia-groups

quote:

As tensions continue in Portland following the racially charged murder of two men on Friday, the top Republican in the city he is considering using militia groups as security for public events.

Multnomah County GOP chair James Buchal, however, told the Guardian that recent street protests had prompted Portland Republicans to consider alternatives to “abandoning the public square”.

“I am sort of evolving to the point where I think that it is appropriate for Republicans to continue to go out there,” he said. “And if they need to have a security force protecting them, that’s an appropriate thing too.”

Asked if this meant Republicans making their own security arrangements rather than relying on city or state police, Buchal said: “Yeah. And there are these people arising, like the Oath Keepers and the Three Percenters.”

Asked if he was considering such groups as security providers, Buchal said: “Yeah. We’re thinking about that. Because there are now belligerent, unstable people who are convinced that Republicans are like Nazis.”

The main reason Buchal gave for his attraction to the militia groups was the cancellation of the Avenue of the Roses Parade, an annual Portland community event scheduled for 29 April, after organisers received an anonymously emailed threat of disruption.

The anonymous message claimed “Trump supporters and 3% militia” were encouraging people to “bring hateful rhetoric” to East Portland. “Two hundred or more people”, the email said, would “rush into the middle and drag and push those people out”.

When the parade was called off, Buchal issued a statement in which he bemoaned a “criminal conspiracy to commit crimes of riot” and a letter to Mayor Wheeler in which he lamented “rising lawlessness” in Portland.

In response to the cancellation a local far right organizer, Joey Gibson, organized a “free speech rally” – the event at which Christian, the suspect in Friday’s double murder, was filmed throwing fascist salutes and yelling racial epithets, and where he approached antifascist counter-protesters armed with a baseball bat.

Asked about Gibson’s organizing efforts for the far right, including a planned rally this Sunday which leftwing counter-protesters have vowed to oppose, Buchal said such actions were understandable.

“I think that for a long time there has been a closing of the mind and a censoring to a point where now people feel justified in using force to prevent the expression of opinions with which they disagree,” he said. “I believe that the left – the ‘antifa’ [antifascist] crowd – fired the first shot in that regard.

“There is definitely something wrong if criminal gangs are essentially allowed to shut down normal and traditional activities of Republicans. With that climate arising, the question becomes: ‘What do you do?’ A lot of the rank and file party members are old and frail people. They are intimidated by what’s going on

'normal and traditional activities of the Republicans'

:tif:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
His brilliant plan to get shot by the police is in motion.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Coldwar timewarp posted:

America just concluded a 110$ arms deal with Saudi Arabia. I was going to type more, but clearly that's all you need to know that it being "brutal" and "oppressive" doesn't matter in the slightest.
Cuba deserves loving substantially less than a lot of places.

gently caress them also

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

gently caress this dude

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

What could go wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Can France even carry out a strike like that without US assistance? I'm not even saying that in the rear end in a top hat way, just in the can French logistics and deployments independently support that?

Yes, they had a carrier off the coast of Syria previously, and they have the largest Western European carrier in comission.

• Locked thread