Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I've run this event since the start, only stopping to do the storyline (had a rank up during that so I completed the storyline in one sitting).

I've only had access to friend Rems this whole time, never pulled a bonus unit. I only just got enough for a Support Giancryst after completing the usual tickets/quartz/materials, and Rem's Dagger/Materia (juuuust in case).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Is Lamia's Scythe really +55% atk like it says?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I did:
Dagger
Scythe (for shits because I got Sice)
some Azure Armors
all gigantuars
all star quartz
all 150 6* mats that I plan to sit on
Summon tickets (but not the 6000)
10% moogle
1 support giacryst that gave me a rude awakening that there was a 2nd level to making it like Medius is in a John Woo film and I realized I don't want to grind out 60k for 2 more due to this next week being a tough one at work

I think I finished the new story content so I have a ton of lapis on top of what I just dropped last week. I have 2 that are extremely close. Looks like a week straight of TM farming and nothing else.

Shoenin posted:

only for Sice I believe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Shoenin posted:

For Sice, yes.

It's the Bewitching Fragrance ability that only Sice gets, which provides +55% ATK and +80% Poison resistance on top of the scythe's +51 ATK and +15% MP.

Yes, I'm beaten, but I provided a link. ;p

The equipment for this event is kind of confusing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 29, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kids, don't try this at home...

Oh man, that was liberating...

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Oh gently caress YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So it's time for me to make a big fat :words: post with pretty pictures, because yesterday was fun and good.

First of all:

Pictured: I thought Reberta could hang with Gil. She could not hang with Gil. :goleft:

To be perfectly frank, I think this might be the most Gilgamesh thing I've seen in ages. Having Lightning just dance around all his nonsense and whack him on the head for twenty minutes straight is pretty much Greg.avi and it was hilarious. Thank you a ton, Dana, for setting that up for dumb new goons. And yes, I did manage to get all three conditionals including kill with the LB. :3:

If anything the Genji Blade feels a little... superfluous, right now. Reberta is my real power unit and she can hardly use Katanas, so I've got it on WoL while he levels up in preparation for his 6* coming... someday. Everything else is immediately useful though :v:

And then, right after this, thanks to kelefeh's Orlandeau:

Thanks to you nerds, I cleared stuff I had no right clearing. :unsmith: Getting the moogle, the gold sword, the quartz and the gold staff all helps a bunch. Thanks, kelefeh.

And thus, with all that out of the way, I spent a bunch of time either in Judecca or in an exploration getting money. And at the end of it all, thanks to all the stuff you guys helped me get...

It's not a 900+ ATK TG Cid, but it's a start. :unsmith: (It helps that I dig the hell out of her design, too.)

So thanks, dudes. I've also gone and cleared Judecca ELT, too, though Reberta is already at the point where she can heavily contribute to shenanigans of that sort. I've also switched my friend summon (430,824,757) to Reberta for anyone, particularly other new guys, who want to try her out (though I'm happy to switch back to Sice or King if people want a slot for phantoma farming when they run out of Rems for a bit).

Now, there's a few things I wanted to ask/discuss:

1) Reberta build. So I'm getting a pretty good idea of what a high-end attacker build looks like in this game (spoiler: it's very FF5-like) and Reberta's comparatively limited gear options in terms of "big-ticket" attacking swords make this a little more complicated than some like, say, TG Cid. As near as I've been able to piece together from looking at things on the wiki, my best bet for materia is something like Dual Wield, Dark Knight's Soul, and two flavors of 30% ATK in whatever form I can get, accessories are the Dragoon Gauntlets from Gronoa and then either some kind of attack booster or anti-status as necessary, and for Weapons Crimson Blood and... Delita's TM sword? Probably more likely to be Enhancer or something for a while for the sake of pure practicality.

The good news there is that I actually do have Leon, so I can get cracking on DK Soul, but I still need to lay hands on a Zidane and/or some form of Dual Wield. I also have Shine, so I can eventually snag Quick Assault. Is there anything I'm missing? I know it's harder to have Reberta chain with anyone other than herself, but I'd like to make her work if I can (and she's already doing well for me).

1a) Relatedly: while I work on getting Crimson Blood, would it be worthwhile for me to spend Star Quartz on getting the Holy Lance in the interim? I already have a decent number of Star Quartz, and I have a ton of exploring ahead of me, so getting the 100 needed for the Lance won't really be that difficult. Would it be better for me to just save Quartz for moogles, though?

2) The Judecca event. I'm a little unsure on how to proceed with farming it, to be honest - so far I've gotten the Sice and King weapons (since I got them both, and frankly, I've gotten decent mileage out of Sice so far and I like that she has an AoE Full Break), King's materia, a goodly number of Metal Taurs (though I have ~45 left), some 6* mats to finish off Reberta, all the sacred crystals, and all the summon tickets below the 3000 level. I'm a bit uncertain what to prioritize for the remainder of the event - the star quartz, the remaining tickets, the rest of the cheap 6^ mats, the Rem dagger even without Rem? Which should take priority first for someone still at rank 25 and relatively early in the game? My gut tells me the star quartz, but. (Edit: Would it also be worth it to pick up the Wicked Tears and Brilliant Rays? I intend to level both Luka and Refia eventually, and I've not seen these mats in the normal world at all so far, but being unlimited for purchase makes me go "hmm".)

Also, I'm a little unsure how "hard" I should go in for farming the event at this point. I have managed to get Sice and two goddamn Kings, so with a friend Rem my returns are pretty good, but at my level I'm not quite sure what the most efficient node of the event would be. I can totally clear ELT, especially with Goon Rems, but would that still be the most worthwhile taking rank EXP into account too? And I'm guessing that spending any lapis on stam refills outside of the daily 100 is a fool's errand at my level because of how tiny the returns are.

Sorry for the :words:, but I wanted to share the good vibes and get a few of these things clarified going forward.

Shoenin posted:

As pointed out, it's just for Sice. All of the Judecca weapons give their respective characters a passive on top of the base stats (the game is just bad about displaying this): Sice's is 55% ATK and 80% poison res, King's is 15% HP/ATK, and Rem's is 15% MAG and permanent regen. Sice's scythe also has a 15% MP boost, but that's universal.

For my money, the scythe goes a decent way to making Sice Not Entirely poo poo; she's managed to be a pretty alright attacker for me, and I haven't even 5*ed her yet, and 5* is when she actually get interesting with her AoE death and AoE Full Break.

Cartoon Man posted:

Kids, don't try this at home...

Man, I haven't even gotten a single Zidane yet. Ask me about mashing Sice into herself a couple times over, though...

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 29, 2017

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

1) Reberta build. So I'm getting a pretty good idea of what a high-end attacker build looks like in this game (spoiler: it's very FF5-like) and Reberta's comparatively limited gear options in terms of "big-ticket" attacking swords make this a little more complicated than some like, say, TG Cid. As near as I've been able to piece together from looking at things on the wiki, my best bet for materia is something like Dual Wield, Dark Knight's Soul, and two flavors of 30% ATK in whatever form I can get, accessories are the Dragoon Gauntlets from Gronoa and then either some kind of attack booster or anti-status as necessary, and for Weapons Crimson Blood and... Delita's TM sword? Probably more likely to be Enhancer or something for a while for the sake of pure practicality.
If youre using mystic thrust then dual weilding her fire, ice, or thunder lances and enchancer, or her tm spear and flametongue,icebrand,or coral sword are the best options. just equip the right element use the matching breath attack followed by mystic thrust.

If you're doing jumps then yeah get the dragoon gauntlet and strongest weapons, regardless of what element it is.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
So I decided to spend $20 on enough Lapis to do an 11 pull on the Type-0 banner because I wanted another King.

I got a Marie and Olive(#2) instead. Uhm. OK!

I also got Lani #20 and Cyan #21. Cyan joins the Bedile and Rydia in my 21 Club - Hall of Shame.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 29, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

1a) Relatedly: while I work on getting Crimson Blood, would it be worthwhile for me to spend Star Quartz on getting the Holy Lance in the interim? I already have a decent number of Star Quartz, and I have a ton of exploring ahead of me, so getting the 100 needed for the Lance won't really be that difficult. Would it be better for me to just save Quartz for moogles, though?

Don't spend quartz on moogles. It costs a ton of quartz for 10% of a TM when some star quartz gear you can buy is worth a TM on their own. Earrings are great MAG+20% accessories for casters, Man Eater boosts damage for a very common enemy type, the Holy Lance is also good and you can get Reberta to take advantage of a friend Orlandu's Light Resistance -50% Divine Ruination, the Cat Ear Hood is a superb caster or healer hat with elemental resistance, and the Safety Bit is the only way to prevent instant death attacks. There's a lot of good stuff that TMs can't replicate and are worth way more than 10% of a TM. Here's a list of them too.

SpaceDrake posted:

2) The Judecca event. I'm a little unsure on how to proceed with farming it, to be honest - so far I've gotten the Sice and King weapons (since I got them both, and frankly, I've gotten decent mileage out of Sice so far and I like that she has an AoE Full Break), King's materia, a goodly number of Metal Taurs (though I have ~45 left), some 6* mats to finish off Reberta, all the sacred crystals, and all the summon tickets below the 3000 level. I'm a bit uncertain what to prioritize for the remainder of the event - the star quartz, the remaining tickets, the rest of the cheap 6^ mats, the Rem dagger even without Rem? Which should take priority first for someone still at rank 25 and relatively early in the game? My gut tells me the star quartz, but. (Edit: Would it also be worth it to pick up the Wicked Tears and Brilliant Rays? I intend to level both Luka and Refia eventually, and I've not seen these mats in the normal world at all so far, but being unlimited for purchase makes me go "hmm".)

I'd suggest working on good exclusive items from King Mogs, the cheaper tickets, and the cheap 6* mats. Exclusive King Mog stuff has never returned so far and those Daggers are actually really good caster weapons. They still give +68 MAG to anybody which is better than most rods, their downside is that you need a caster who can equip small daggers. Exdeath is a great 3* base caster who can though and he'd love those daggers while you can give the Wizard Rod (Surging Menance is real easy nowadays) to another caster. Then if you do get the one in a million chance of pulling Rem you got the only caster daggers (so far) and she'll love to have them.

Star Quartz are good but you do get one per day from arena and you've got a lot of story left to get them. They're hidden in all kinds of fake walls in towns and explorations and an occasional reward for quests. Check the wiki's exploration guide and town guide to find where they're hidden if you hate rubbing your face on every wall.

Cheap 6* mats are good, it's nice to have at least 20 of each so that whoever you do want to awaken you have enough to do so. Plus you can pick and choose what ones you want, besides King Mog you just get what the game gives you so it's nice to shore up what you're missing.

Summon Tickets are always good, more pulls = more chances to get good characters. Plus Rikku should be coming up... eventually... and she's a top tier support unit. It's good to have some extra tickets. The most expensive ones are real pricey but I'd suggest eyeing the 3k ones.

Wicket Tears and Brilliant Rays are available in the Awakening Elite dungeon. It's energy expensive and RNG to get them but you don't have to spend your king mog tokens for them. You'll need the other mats for other units too, but maybe if you're blowing the last couple phantoma it wouldn't hurt.

Something else to consider is Fine Alcrysts and Screamroots. You can craft them into magic keys to open those locked chests. It's worth getting enough so you can open the chests with the ATK/DEF/MAG/SPI +10% recipes at the very least. They're good filler for character's materia slots. There's also the Muscle Belt recipe and X-Slayer recipes too. You can get Fine Alcrysts every time you craft an ability at a low chance, and Screamroots can be dropped from super rare Minitaur cactuar mobs in explorations too though.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Is there any benefit to single-handing with Fryevia and/or focusing on ATK instead of MAG?

I mean she has the double-hand like passive (100% atk 50% mag)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Fryevia's technically BiS setup to run as a finisher goes single handed IIRC.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Scrublord Prime posted:

Star Quartz are good but you do get one per day from arena and you've got a lot of story left to get them. They're hidden in all kinds of fake walls in towns and explorations and an occasional reward for quests. Check the wiki's exploration guide and town guide to find where they're hidden if you hate rubbing your face on every wall.

I've been playing since Global Launch, rarely missed a day of arena, gotten the Star Quartz from every King Mog event...and there are still items I want to buy from the Fat Chocobo that I can't afford and that doesn't include the moogles which I've never bought.

Always get the star quartz. The next story update has another couple good items then we get a break for a while.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Oh absolutely. I'm in the same boat and I'd love to get that Auto Refresh materia. I meant if somebody had to choose between star quartz or something exclusive (and good, the MP+5%&SPI+10% materia aren't exactly a thriller) from King Mog I'd still suggest the exclusive stuff first. Definitely try to get the star quartz though, it's good and cheap.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Genji glove or double cast? Basically I have nothing else to build around but I logged back into this game after a year and had a boatload of stuff for free. I got Gilgamesh and a red mage. I have terra as well but I think those are the only ones of note unless Garland surprises me. I'm guessing the genji glove is going to be a little easier since my Gilgamesh was 5* right off the bat. It'll take some grinding either way.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I broke, and dropped $50 for 2 11x pulls on wilhelm's banner. Including the 19k lapis I started with and around 20 tickets, in total walked away with Rem, Reberta, and Wilhelm. I'm ok with this, and I still have 2 4* tickets, 25 regular ones, and 2.5k lapis for Rikku. Seriously, not doing half price pulls and always doing daily quests + arena participation lets you build up a nice stash of lapis. Not even done with completion story mode rewards yet.

Still a little salty I never pulled Ling...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It feels that I really dont need to roll anymore unless its a defining broken character like Rikku.

The double T.Terra's are not amazing right now but they can still clear most of the content the game has thats not a big gently caress you to casters. WoL and Tilith will be getting their 6* soon and I'll have my Tank/Healer multipurpose fuckyou ensemble covered for at least another year. Im stocking up on the cryst I need to enhance Eileen and I'll start working on her TMs once Im back home to make her into a proper whale super carry.

The only architecture I'm missing is a proper green mage since I was without internet during the Ifrit raid and couldn't get enough mats to 5* and 6* Minfilia. Hopefully we get a global Titan event with a chance to get them again.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hopefully we get a global Titan event with a chance to get them again.

Developers have said it's coming in June to coincide with some big content patch for FF14.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6drk3x/titan_raid_coming/

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

FF14's second expansion Stormblood is out on the 20th. Hopefully new players will get a chance to get Minfilia and Y'shtola with the new ones like Yda and Papalymo for whatever event they run then.

e: typing is hard jfc

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

Developers have said it's coming in June to coincide with some big content patch for FF14.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6drk3x/titan_raid_coming/

"Some big content patch" being the next expansion for FFXIV. :v:

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Daily draw was a rainbow..... wasted on a tank. :suicide:

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
3 stars, reroll

I got a Reberta and Trance Terra in the past 2 weeks and they don't come close to my 1130 Olive even with a bunch of TMs.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Ugato posted:

Genji glove or double cast? Basically I have nothing else to build around but I logged back into this game after a year and had a boatload of stuff for free. I got Gilgamesh and a red mage. I have terra as well but I think those are the only ones of note unless Garland surprises me. I'm guessing the genji glove is going to be a little easier since my Gilgamesh was 5* right off the bat. It'll take some grinding either way.

Genji glove is arguably the best accessory for physical attackers without innate dual wield. Once you pull a top tier physical DPS (Orlandeu, Reberta, Aileen) it will serve you very well. Only really consider dualcast if you have Refia, as it turns her into the best healer, or Cecil as it gives him great back up healer potential.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Just got to the magitek factory and lasswell just got shot in the gut please tell me he bleeds out and dies.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Guy Farting posted:

3 stars, reroll

I got a Reberta and Trance Terra in the past 2 weeks and they don't come close to my 1130 Olive even with a bunch of TMs.

Fully TMed up T.Terra right now can get to like 1.1k magic which is effectively around 1.2k attack on a dual wielder do to how DW calculations work. You need some seriously sick TMs for it, the cheapests being a bunch of letters and arms. Then you need a mateus malice, freyas needle, a genji glove, rainbow robe, a magistral crest and a creepy mask you cant find anymore.

With enhancements she'll get another few hundred magic from passives and casting magi awakening gets her to randi levels of main attack stat. Too bad she's made out of paper when the game's meta has been focused on meaty attack characters for like a year in japan.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Fully TMed up T.Terra right now can get to like 1.1k magic which is effectively around 1.2k attack on a dual wielder do to how DW calculations work. You need some seriously sick TMs for it, the cheapests being a bunch of letters and arms. Then you need a mateus malice, freyas needle, a genji glove, rainbow robe, a magistral crest and a creepy mask you cant find anymore.

With enhancements she'll get another few hundred magic from passives and casting magi awakening gets her to randi levels of main attack stat. Too bad she's made out of paper when the game's meta has been focused on meaty attack characters for like a year in japan.

Yeah, It's kind of a shame that being a caster means you're stuck with ridiculously small hp levels. You'd think of a character that's less about the actual casting of spells and more about being a half esper hybrid would have over 4k of hp.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

So after putting off trials for ages I finally did Twin Headed Dragon with all the new pretty anti-dragon stuff and two farmed Dragon Killers. Reberta, T.Terra, Noctis, Refia, Y'shtola, friend Reberta, set up to hit all the dragon killers and twin lance. Just Emboldened, cast two Blizzaras and auto attacked and took off 90% of the dragon's HP :rip:

Brontosaurus didn't even survive a turn

Don't be me folks, remember to do trials!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Scrublord Prime posted:

So after putting off trials for ages I finally did Twin Headed Dragon with all the new pretty anti-dragon stuff and two farmed Dragon Killers. Reberta, T.Terra, Noctis, Refia, Y'shtola, friend Reberta, set up to hit all the dragon killers and twin lance. Just Emboldened, cast two Blizzaras and auto attacked and took off 90% of the dragon's HP :rip:

Brontosaurus didn't even survive a turn

Don't be me folks, remember to do trials!

At some point in the distant future we will get upgraded trials with improved versions of the reward item. That should be pretty cool.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
When you say trials do you mean chamber of the fallen? I just failed at the 10 nrg echidna lmao.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Friday: Ticket on Wilhelm's banner, Jean.
Yesterday: Ticket on Wilhelm's banner, Jean.
Today: Half Price, Jean. Ticket on Wilhelm's banner, Sozhe.

Another Half Price Jean. I'm gonna drown in Jean by the time the banner changes...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Candlelight Virgil posted:

When you say trials do you mean chamber of the fallen? I just failed at the 10 nrg echidna lmao.

Yeah, it was previously called Vortex of Trials and they're listed in the update schedule on the wiki as "Trials".

Pretty much all of them have some gimmick or require a fairly specific team. The Echidna trial you need a Tank with 100% provoke(Snow or Wilhelm are the best options) that is immune to pretty much all status effects and also death proof(need the Safety Bit from Fat Chocobo). You also want a guy like Noctis who can MP regen so that your Tank can still cast Provoke after Echidna drains his mana. You'll want a dedicated healer that can dual curaja each turn to recover the party's HP after getting hit with Toxic Claw, and having another healer type person who can cast BarAeroga isn't bad either. Echidna also has Tornado and Flare, but those can be negated if you keep her having to dispel Blind and Silence.

She has a charm skill but she'll use it on your Tank if he's 100% provoking so throw Odin on someone with low ATK and use Fingersnap(manually targeting the unit) or do the manual target dispel trick(I can never get this to work) to dispel it.

The most important thing is that you can just get a good tank that's got a ribbon/safety bit. The second most important thing is to either be able to tank the damage from Tornado/Flare or keep her from casting them by keeping her Blind/Silenced(this was my strategy).

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I am excited for The Demon Chimera Strikes Back and actually having to do the fight instead of just socking it in the face and watching it crumple like it's Glass Joe :v:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Another Half Price Jean. I'm gonna drown in Jean by the time the banner changes...

Same, I got like 3 in a row. And Machine Gun+ is like, the worst possible TM to get if you have either Dual Wield or Doublehand.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Finally completed doublehand, putting my Olive over 1k attack.

Still need another Quick Assault, Black hood, and a pair of bracers for her. :negative:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Grace could be good...

with some global enhancements. It's a shame, she looks so cool!

Oh by the way I drew Grace this morning, guys.

So far 2 Jean, 1 Grace.

Machine Gun+ doesn't seem that terrible at this point, aren't most guns lower than +60 ATK anyway? Firion without a Dual Wield could take advantage, he gets +25% ATK +30% SPR when wielding a gun, for instance. Lid can use it, for when the story trials come.

I mean, yes, if you have multiple Dual Wields laying around (I will have 5 shortly) it's not the best weapon to be lugging around, let alone putting on your friend unit, but it's not the worst thing for a newer player. You gotta make the rest of your team viable, and if those are the cards you've been dealt...

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Decided to give the trials I haven't done yet a spin.

Fighting the two dark espers... well, what happened after Siren put it all on the line makes me think I'm a long long way off from winning that fight.

I'm looking into trying Echidna, but none of my friends have a perfect dodge Noctis up right now. Maybe if I can't beat the Dark Espers, I shouldn't try Echidna anyway.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Grace could be good...

with some global enhancements. It's a shame, she looks so cool!

Oh by the way I drew Grace this morning, guys.

So far 2 Jean, 1 Grace.

Machine Gun+ doesn't seem that terrible at this point, aren't most guns lower than +60 ATK anyway? Firion without a Dual Wield could take advantage, he gets +25% ATK +30% SPR when wielding a gun, for instance. Lid can use it, for when the story trials come.

I mean, yes, if you have multiple Dual Wields laying around (I will have 5 shortly) it's not the best weapon to be lugging around, let alone putting on your friend unit, but it's not the worst thing for a newer player. You gotta make the rest of your team viable, and if those are the cards you've been dealt...

It's a TM, newer players won't have access to it unless they're whaling out. It's not a freebie like Gungnir in the bahamut event.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
The problem with Jean's TM is that the best unit that would use it is Olive and Olive has a better TM.

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot
I have so many cool goon friends now :3:. I didn't know stats went above 1000! I've been spending all my energy on ELT Judecca (which your Rems and Kings are totally carrying me through) for the 6* awakening mats. I don't know if that's the best way to go, but I want cool 6* units, drat it! I have my Cecil and Zyrus up to 6 now, and they're pretty fun to use. I've also been using Rain, Laswell, and Fina in my main group because... I dunno, I want to use the story characters some, I guess. Unfortunately, Fina isn't that great, even maxed out. Fortunately, I drew a Refia the other day, and I understand she's a pretty good healer.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Grace could be good...
I have 3 Graces right now. I don't know what to do with 'em. I agree, she looks so cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

suuma posted:

The problem with Jean's TM is that the best unit that would use it is Olive and Olive has a better TM.

Might be a 100% Lightning resist boss someday.

• Locked thread