Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

I just bought a Waterfield case for my switch god help me

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I feel like your jabbing at shadows my friend! These people, these...haters... they don't exist! It's just you in there, nostalgia4infinity!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i don't think it's a bad game, i just don't think that the party mode being the only option in the testpunch was a good idea.

at least include 1v1s (no items) so that people can learn the controls more easily as opposed to throwing them out of the tutorial, into a 1v1v1 where you lose from the bomb item being flung at you and then punch rushed by both players

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 30, 2017

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

no it's just a bad game, friend

also lol at the haters, never change games :discourse:

Can you actually explain what makes the game objectively bad or is this just next level "trolling"?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Zelder posted:

I feel like your jabbing at shadows my friend! These people, these...haters... they don't exist! It's just you in there, nostalgia4infinity!

>gazes upon the angry fanboi replies

oh okay :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dumb level trolling

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Shovel Knight just came out on the Japanese eshop, where it's a little easier for me to buy since I can do it directly with a credit card instead of going through American Amazon gift cards. However, I'd like to play it in English and I'm not sure if it's one of those releases that are multilingual or if only the Japanese localization is included.

Can someone who has the game on the American eshop log into the Japanese one and see if it's listed as already purchased? That's the usual indicator whether they're the exact same thing or different versions.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Haha I know what I'll do to be super funny

I'll tell people that a game they like...is bad!!!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I played ARMS and the next day my doctor told me I had diabetes. Coincidence??

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

for a game that's so good a whole lotta people have to rush to its defense because someone had the audacity to say it isn't very good and a lot of people are over-hyping it

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

for a game that's so good a whole lotta people have to rush to its defense because someone had the audacity to say it isn't very good and a lot of people are over-hyping it

if you wanted to kick the wasps nest you could just say "metroid/paper mario is bad"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Seriously though are things alright at home you seem really wound up today

spit on my clit posted:

if you wanted to kick the wasps nest you could just say "metroid/paper mario is bad"

HOW DARE YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

starbound sucked get over it

it did but I'm not sure what that has to do with arms which is also bad :shrug:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Also worth mentioning in this here Nintendo thread, Super Smash Flash 2 Beta is out now!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

for me it was the comments about stockholm syndrome

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
im not going to buy arms and i hope you all recover swiftly from this shock

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

spit on my clit posted:

Super Mario World is a terrible game and it not being on VC is a sign Nintendo is doing something right.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Come on, you can try harder than this.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

for me it was the comments about stockholm syndrome

i apologize for offending your delicate sensibilities, i will be more careful with people who like arms for some reason

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Blazing Zero posted:

im not going to buy arms and i hope you all recover swiftly from this shock

noooooooooo

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Mega64 posted:

Super Mario World is a terrible game and it not being on VC is a sign Nintendo is doing something right.

:yeah:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

i look forward to splatoon 2 so the bandwagon will forget about arms, the best game ever for the nintendo switch

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Also worth mentioning in this here Nintendo thread, Super Smash Flash 2 Beta is out now!

I hope those dudes get shut down

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Super Mario 64 is the best Mario game

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im not going to buy arms at launch, instead i'll probably rent it from gamefly. wait, do they rent out Switch games?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

>gazes upon the angry fanboi replies

oh okay :allears:

Says the guy who posted bitchy replies and sarcastic emoticons at people saying they didn't like Zelda lol

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Buca di Bepis posted:

Says the guy who posted bitchy replies and sarcastic emoticons at people saying they didn't like Zelda lol

well yeah zelda is a good game that will be remembered for years.

unlike arms which is bad

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I had no idea that I could play World of Goo with the touch screen. I also did not know that a 3ds stylus would not work on my Switch screen. Would anyone know what stylus would be good for it? I have never owned a tablet, so I am not sure if a generic stylus is good enough or not.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hi guys, here is my story about ARMS.

I watched the trailer, I didn't think it looked good or interesting to me so I didn't play the demo and I won't buy the game.

That's my ARMS story thanks for listening.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Also the Switch has a touch screen??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Styluses for capacitive touchscreens are awful rubber ended things that suck and aren't much or any better than just using your finger

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

well yeah zelda is a good game that will be remembered for years.

unlike arms which is bad

Zelda sucks! Zelda sucks! Thank lord almighty Zelda sucks!*

*except breath of the wild

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Mega64 posted:

mods?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

You know the best way to disagree with someone who hates a thing? Not saying anything! That'll show 'em.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Styluses for capacitive touchscreens are awful rubber ended things that suck and aren't much or any better than just using your finger
Aww, that is disappointing. I wanted to avoid cleaning the screen more frequently.

Frankston posted:

Also the Switch has a touch screen??

Yeah, when in handheld mode, the screen is touchscreen. I'm hard pressed to think of any games aside from World of Goo that make use of it, but it is a thing

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Voez is touchscreen-only and a bunch of games allow you to tap stuff in menus if you're so inclined, but as a whole the touch screen has definitely been de-emphasized since the Wii U days.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED ZELDA.
ALL I HAVE LEFT IS HYRULE CASTLE BUT I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO COMPLETION.
I'M ALL BACKED UP AND VERY FRUSTRATED.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Inzombiac posted:

I STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED ZELDA.
ALL I HAVE LEFT IS HYRULE CASTLE BUT I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO COMPLETION.

Every day I'm huntin seeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inzombiac posted:

I've heard prune juice is good for that

• Locked thread