Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Grem posted:

We'll have to see about the merger, right now Goon Squad has 33(!) members that did guild multiverse, and unless Goon Lanterns has less than 17 we're going to be over capacity. Go ahead and apply to Goon Squad, IF you contribute to Goon Multiverse.

e: Please make sure to reference the forums in some way to weed out the randos.

Goon Squad member ancientaroma79 here. I'm really into the idea of progressing on to goon multiverse #3, just waiting on other members in order to do so.

Also, maybe it's because i only post here and in byob, but what is the stairs meme i clearly missed

idgi :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I am okay with this. I'm going to reroll the boots until better stats come up, but I am perfectly okay with the rest of these stats/augments.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The set bonuses are nice, too.

Also, I had my first mystery fight today with my level 6 Wonder Woman against a 20 Deadshot (but I won, which surprised me, as I am bad at games). Didn't know that was a thing!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dexie posted:

I am okay with this. I'm going to reroll the boots until better stats come up, but I am perfectly okay with the rest of these stats/augments.

In stupid where and how do I get this?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

hup posted:

The set bonuses are nice, too.

Also, I had my first mystery fight today with my level 6 Wonder Woman against a 20 Deadshot (but I won, which surprised me, as I am bad at games). Didn't know that was a thing!

I had a Green Lantern show up like this once, but he trounced me and I have no idea what I did to make him appear.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Norns posted:

In stupid where and how do I get this?

Multiverse event, 'To End All Wars'. You only have a week to do it, but it's not hard.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

opioid agonist posted:

Goon Squad member ancientaroma79 here. I'm really into the idea of progressing on to goon multiverse #3, just waiting on other members in order to do so.

Also, maybe it's because i only post here and in byob, but what is the stairs meme i clearly missed

idgi :shrug:

It's an old SA joke.

http://www.somethingawful.com/icq-pranks/icq-transcript-space/1/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E0ot9iJm_k

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Dexie posted:

Multiverse event, 'To End All Wars'. You only have a week to do it, but it's not hard.
Er, have? I don't see it at all.

Hey is Brainiac modeled after some specific actor? He looks super familiar.
Edit: Just got To End All Wars on the multiverse now. Guess I'm lagging behind somehow.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 30, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you're like me and you have trouble completing a lot of Multiverse content because you're awful, use the AI loadouts, even with nothing but the default gear equipped they beat the AI 99% of the time.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DaveKap posted:

Er, have? I don't see it at all.

Hey is Brainiac modeled after some specific actor? He looks super familiar.

They modeled him off Jeffrey Combs.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Yep, modeled after good ol Herbert West.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Watching the AI deal with Deadshot is interesting because you can almost see a human-like frustration build with all of the long distance plinking, but once they close in they just proceed to house the gently caress out of him.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
GGs Fenn, I was starting to figure out the Green Arrow matchup when my connection started lagging for some reason. I need to work on confirms and getting actual dmg out of my combos, also Robin's oki stuff so people can't just backdash me for free.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I really enjoy using my Jay Garrick premier skin. :D

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So how do you play Brainiac? He looks like he has a lot of interesting stuff, but I'm not sure how to utilize it all.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Just saw something new: was playing through the Wonder Woman movie gear multiverse event as a level 7 Wonder Woman, and after beating a random Green Lantern I had a "multiverse anomaly" occur, which then immediately sent me into battle with a level 20 Deadshot. He beat me, but uh, anybody else ever come across that? And if so, is there like, some super special reward for beating the level 20 fighter or something?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Me! That fight exactly. I think I got a gold box.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Yeah I had one of those come up like a day after launch, got a gold box for winning, don't think there's anything more to it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uh, Boon retweeted Max of all the people

https://twitter.com/maximilian_/status/869353693656657922

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Thanks for the quick replies. Kinda sucky it doesn't give you a platinum or diamond motherbox for your trouble, though.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I feel like WW is somewhat unfortunate as a character. Most of her toolset is "almost" there in terms of utility and strength. Parry still effectively functionally useless outside of edge cases, and her main damage BnB combo is gated behind a strict link that will baffle most people.

I am actually kinda hype for the movie so I wanna play her more but she ain't making it easy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Canadian posted:

I feel like WW is somewhat unfortunate as a character. Most of her toolset is "almost" there in terms of utility and strength. Parry still effectively functionally useless outside of edge cases, and her main damage BnB combo is gated behind a strict link that will baffle most people.

I am actually kinda hype for the movie so I wanna play her more but she ain't making it easy.

yea I did her event, I love the character and am eager for the movie but...eh...just kinda don't want to learn her in INJ just because nothing she does stands out.

That event is neat though, fun set bonus.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I don't really like playing as Wonder Woman at all. I can't quite seem to find a "flow" to her; everything she does feels very stop-and-start. Her shoulder charge is too slow to close gaps, and when you do she doesn't seem to have a natural combo cycle to do significant damage up close. Her trait is wonky as hell too. Still, I'm fighting through all of that because this stupid gear system has dug its claws in deep and I need that sweet, sweet movie tie-in bullshit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think I am going to set an AI to collect that gear for me.

Did all the tutorials and multiverse towers for all 28 characters, still no closer to picking a main. Hoping to get something to 20 soon so I can contribute to Guild level 2 stuff...

I was going to say maybe Doctor Fate since he beat Boss Brainiac on the first try... but as I was about to finish this sentence Brainiac did 1 and 1/2 life bars worth of damage with those lovely attacks

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 30, 2017

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Like 95% of Wondy's combos involve that loving lasso.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You'll have to do one tower yourself if you want the objectives, since the AI is unlikely to land 5 supers.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Can you not speed up the AI battles in the Multiverse?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Nope, and that is one thing I absolutely hope they patch in.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

You'll have to do one tower yourself if you want the objectives, since the AI is unlikely to land 5 supers.

Pro Tip: If for whatever reason you get one of those "Connect 5 Supermoves" in a small tower or the AI flubs it or whatever- its additive between runs. You can just run the tower again. Or do a couple fights to land the super moves and then set the AI for the remainder of the fights.

Cinnamon Bear fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 30, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

For a movie tie-in they could do a premier version of Wonder Woman that wasn't such a terrible character.

Gal Gadot is perhaps too big to do a video game voice but I hope they could bring in the actress from the Supergirl for an alternate version of that character, didn't the Arrow actor do one for the first game

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Give me Wentworth Miller and I'll spend the rest of my life learning Captain Cold

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Okay Miss Eisenburg, we're going to need you to re-do all of Wonder Woman's lines this time, but now play her as less of an rear end in a top hat."

I'd buy that premier skin.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I would be absolutely shocked if they didn't get Grant Gustin to do voicework for a premier skin, given how absurdly popular the Flash tv show has gotten.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Fart City posted:

I would be absolutely shocked if they didn't get Grant Gustin to do voicework for a premier skin, given how absurdly popular the Flash tv show has gotten.

I doubt this will happen

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Fart City posted:

Just saw something new: was playing through the Wonder Woman movie gear multiverse event as a level 7 Wonder Woman, and after beating a random Green Lantern I had a "multiverse anomaly" occur, which then immediately sent me into battle with a level 20 Deadshot. He beat me, but uh, anybody else ever come across that? And if so, is there like, some super special reward for beating the level 20 fighter or something?
I was not paying attention to my game, letting the AI play, and I noticed this weird thing happened and didn't think about it until after the fact, because Deadshot beat me but then I finished the Multiverse I was doing. Confusing but you've (and others) explained it!

Also there's another 9x diamond box event for 3 hours right now. I wonder if this is a long weekend thing, a movie special related thing, or is just gonna happen every day now.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Norns posted:

I doubt this will happen

Why? They got Steven Amell to voice Green Arrow in the first game. Seems like obvious fan service to keep going.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Flash will actually get a premier skin voiced by John Wesley Shipp.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I'm okay with that.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I really want a premier skin for Batman where he's voiced by Pete Holmes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Darksied voice by Gilbert Gottfried

• Locked thread