Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Something pointed out by somebody in the comments of the previous strip: Jesus Christ Gob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Now that it's near the end, I feel like I can actually enjoy this comic more. I never really read a comic more than once because I wanted to see where the story was going but now I'm just reading to enjoy it. I'm actually re-reading stuff now. And I'm sharing it more with people. I'm okay with waiting 2 months for the finale, because it'll give me time to read the whole thing again. Everything just feels fresh now.

When the books are finished, I'm going to buy another copy of the first two and then 2 of the rest because I want some copies I can just read and others I can keep in a vault.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
He looks like the final boss of digital devil saga

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Re: the face in the background. As per Gob's twitter, it looks like it's a drawing by his dad, who's going through rehab. Stay strong, Gob's dad! Gad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

People posting old strips got me reading them again.

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=130-love-2-2

Oh man Allie got to fulfil her dream.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Mordja posted:

Re: the face in the background. As per Gob's twitter, it looks like it's a drawing by his dad, who's going through rehab. Stay strong, Gob's dad! Gad.

It's my biological dad's art actually (I'm adopted). He's kinda like my brother actually, haha. He's got a lot of my immature doofiness.

I'm very happy to say he's doing well!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Progress percentage for the final strip

What a ride it has been

BeefyTaco
Nov 29, 2007

Squirtle, you cannot use fire. You are a water pokemon.
I trust Gob to give the story whatever it needs, but I really want there to be a happy ending. :smith:

Also, I'm not a big poster but I've been reading the thread for most its life, and it's been real fun to experience this stupid wonderful comic with all of you. :)

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

BeefyTaco posted:

I trust Gob to give the story whatever it needs, but I really want there to be a happy ending. :smith:

Also, I'm not a big poster but I've been reading the thread for most its life, and it's been real fun to experience this stupid wonderful comic with all of you. :)

:yeah:

Deodytus
Feb 13, 2012

BeefyTaco posted:

This, but me.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

BeefyTaco posted:

Comic started funny so I imagine it will have a funny ending.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

jon joe posted:

Comic started funny so I imagine it will have a funny ending.

This comic has been less funny and more the hysterical laughter of a tortured soul.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
:siren: :gary: :siren: Gob's hit 50%! Our long, national nightmare is halfway over!!! :siren: :gary: :siren:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
GOD it's still that far away? gently caress this. I'm going to go freeze myself until It Hurts is finished.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
He's 90% there!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mordja posted:

He's 90% there!

So am I!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Said on Twitter that the update might go out today :toot:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pants Donkey posted:

Said on Twitter that the update might go out today :toot:

94% done per the website! I bet it ends with a dick joke.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
It's out, I haven't read it yet, but wanted to share:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=475-pasqualo

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Oh. Oh my.

So very very good. And wonderful and sad and all kinds of good warm fuzzy feelings.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

pathetic little tramp posted:

It's out, I haven't read it yet, but wanted to share:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=475-pasqualo

I'm going to miss this comic.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
idgi

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Thanks, Gob. Good job.

When given the choice of making a universe that existed without Aurora, and one where Pasq would suffer without her, I think he put her in his place so that she could live the life of relative freedom that he had. And they were also united in the sense that they were together.

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 30, 2017

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

George Washington Carver invented peanut butter by smashing peanuts with a hammer.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Augh I can't believe it's over, it's a great ending though. Think I'll get around to finally buying some books once the volumes get all the way up to the end

Thank you Gob for making such a wonderful comic!

I always loved the hell out of Charlotte's Web too

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Stupid comic just made me cry a little.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Stupid comic just made me cry a little.

Does it hurt?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I wonder where Trisssh fits in with the ending.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

There Bias Two posted:

Thanks, Gob. Good job.

When given the choice of making a universe that existed without Aurora, and one where Pasq would suffer without her, I think he put her in his place so that she could live the life of relative freedom that he had. And they were also united in the sense that they were together.

I hope he also created a universe without homophobia so Rutherford can finally wear the shirt he wants!

And I love the school uniforms

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Bifauxnen posted:

I hope he also created a universe without homophobia so Rutherford can finally wear the shirt he wants!

And I love the school uniforms

I wonder if suffering exists because, in each iteration, the new creator only improves a little bit at a time. Or perhaps they trigger unintended consequences.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
That was far less bleak and even better than I expected.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Oh my god Pasqualo finally became the anime girl she was meant to be. I knew it! :v:

And I should have posted this so long ago but; thank you so much for the wonderful comic, My brother and I loved every single panel of it so much Gob!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Man, that was just...beautiful.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Hi guys! If you want to hang out with me and Josef and Grail, we're streaming right now (as of 5/29/17 @ 5:45 PST)!
https://www.twitch.tv/gobolatula

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It Hurt So Good

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Thanks, Gob. Good job.

I don't think he put her in his place. I think he literally merged her and himself into a single person, letting bits of Pasqualo and bits of Aurora exist in the same universe without ending it. The hint would be the blonde hair.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That's a pretty big dick move, God.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Great ending

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I guess Aurora really was his other half

Wonderful story Gob, I'm both sad and glad it ended, because I hate to see good things end, but on the other hand all good things end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Gob should teach classes about webcomic pacing and starting and ending in a reasonable time frame.

• Locked thread