Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I better hope I'm not asking for anything else than lazy texture palette swaps, cause that's all they're doing

I mean look at this poo poo

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/866711374491078656

I know it's commonplace to blame Roberts, being a tub of lard himself, but why are all the player characters so doughy? Also, this is hilarious when you put it up against the creation tools in EVE Online and Elite: Dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Young Freud posted:

I know it's commonplace to blame Roberts, being a tub of lard himself, but why are all the player characters so doughy?

Hmm?

...wait. No, it can't be. Can it?

Derek did you buy in at the "get your face in the game" tier? Because I think maybe you did

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://twitter.com/biiimurray/status/539928503454412800

:thurman:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
A novice asked the Master: "Here is a programmer that never designs, documents, or tests his programs. Yet all who know him consider him one of the best. Why is this?" The Master replies: "That programmer has mastered the Parp. He has gone beyond the need for design; he does not become angry when the client crashes, but accepts the alpha without concern. He has gone beyond the need for documentation; he no longer cares if anyone can contribute. He has gone beyond the need for testing; each of his programs are perfect in their own way, the cloud will handle the rest. Truly, he has entered the mystery of the Parp."

-- Chris Roberts, "The Parp of Programming"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nawledgelambo posted:

did cig just collectively own us all

Not until they put up the watermark.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

So Star Trek: Bridge Crew is out tonight for any VR spacefans. Looks like it's not just a cheap cash in either, which was what I worried about when I first heard it. It's like a AAA version of Artemis with deeper crew controls, an actual campaign story, and a much better single-player experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIOeb9LfJg

Weekly reminder to the CIG drones still tasked with reading this thread- in the time it has taken you to make a lovely half-alpha, consumer-grade virtual reality has become so common place that major studios are beginning to release AAA titles based on beloved sci-fi franchises for it. When your product was announced, it was competing with people's half-remembered childhood games. When it releases it will be competing with software that literally lets you be Captain Kirk.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
Thread is slow and I have like an hour to kill. Someone rage out and then post their balls.

DarkRefreshment fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 31, 2017

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sarsapariller posted:

So Star Trek: Bridge Crew is out tonight for any VR spacefans. Looks like it's not just a cheap cash in either, which was what I worried about when I first heard it. It's like a AAA version of Artemis with deeper crew controls, an actual campaign story, and a much better single-player experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIOeb9LfJg

Weekly reminder to the CIG drones still tasked with reading this thread- in the time it has taken you to make a lovely half-alpha, consumer-grade virtual reality has become so common place that major studios are beginning to release AAA titles based on beloved sci-fi franchises for it. When your product was announced, it was competing with people's half-remembered childhood games. When it releases it will be competing with software that literally lets you be Captain Kirk.

Well drat that looks fun and the perfect use for my headset

But do the bridge crews have correctly modeled cardiovascular systems ?

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Captain Picard: Computer, show me Tayne

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Spatial posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXLuBhc30OE

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayCPfbRn9NY

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Spatial posted:

this is not suitable for work. are you sure?

MAKE IT SO

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Captain...the 4th Stimpre has entered our sector.

gently caress.
\
:ughh:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
TheGremlich's claim

TheGremlich's source

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

but what does derek think about pluto

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/not_coyotic/status/869060727578836995
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/869185873082015745

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

he has a point. until its finished how can you say its a bad videogame? at the moment its just a bad crowdfunding project

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Saying you can't criticize something or you're not a real lover of *thing* is the stupidest argument I've heard all day and I've spent half the day reading the incel thread in GBS.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sappo569 posted:

Well drat that looks fun and the perfect use for my headset

But do the bridge crews have correctly modeled cardiovascular systems ?

See, this is a common misconception about Star Citizen. Of course there aren't correctly modeled cardiovascular systems - that would be silly.

What is modeled is the essence of reality itself, with every atom (and its subatomic components, and further down) modeled in real time, so the mechanics of molecular chemistry are all fully realized and as such, the cardiovascular system is merely an extension of our subsumption acting on those elements.

This is also how AI works - the biochemistry of the brain simply plays out as our engine simulates everything in reality. This is of course the genius of Chris's vision - by simply duplicating reality on every level, there is no need for any physics knowledge, or even creating any of the game's stars or planets - they'll naturally evolve over time.

Game should be out in a few billion years - gently caress you if you can't wait for such a visionary experience.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Almost sounds like Roberts is the Architect that developed the Matrix.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Colostomy Bag posted:

Almost sounds like Roberts is the Architect that developed the Matrix.

Once he saw that movie, Star Citizen was an inevitability.

Chris particularly took to heart the scene when Agent Smith clarified that a functioning Matrix, where everyone was happy, was a disaster - and it had to be remade into a train wreck because people defined their reality through misery and suffering.

Star Citizen on track.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

Once he saw that movie, Star Citizen was an inevitability.

Chris particularly took to heart the scene when Agent Smith clarified that a functioning Matrix, where everyone was happy, was a disaster - and it had to be remade into a train wreck because people defined their reality through misery and suffering.

Star Citizen on track.
don't doxx me bro

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Hahaha how the gently caress is Star Citizen supposed to be a replacement universe

Just stop sucking in this universe commando hahaha

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Has anything note worthy for laughs happened today at cig headquarters ?

How come Sandi stopped posting pictures of their we working real hard honest meetings ?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Hahaha how the gently caress is Star Citizen supposed to be a replacement universe

Just stop sucking in this universe commando hahaha
I don't think money can solve their problems

which is sad because money can solve a fuckin lot of problems

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Has anything note worthy for laughs happened today at cig headquarters ?

How come Sandi stopped posting pictures of their we working real hard honest meetings ?

Monaco week.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Monaco week.

I hope someone can find a shot of both of them at Monaco , possibly on a yacht
Without doxxing anyone of course

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

TheAgent posted:

I don't think money can solve their problems

which is sad because money can solve a fuckin lot of problems

Money can't fix Chris Roberts, it just makes him worse.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Monaco week.

It will be a sad day when the gravy train is discontinued

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Money can't fix Chris Roberts, it just makes him worse.

Yep, the $150 million dollar man.

Chris Roberts, director, used car salesman and game developer. A career barely alive.

Oscar Goldman-Ortwin: Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic con-man. Chris Roberts will be that man. Better than he was before. Better... slimier... fatter.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

cool new Polack jokes posted:

It will be a sad day when the gravy train is discontinued

How expensive is it to ship your limited edition porsche to Monaco for the week ?

Ah who am I kidding you just rent one I'm sure while there

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Scruffpuff posted:

See, this is a common misconception about Star Citizen. Of course there aren't correctly modeled cardiovascular systems - that would be silly.

What is modeled is the essence of reality itself, with every atom (and its subatomic components, and further down) modeled in real time, so the mechanics of molecular chemistry are all fully realized and as such, the cardiovascular system is merely an extension of our subsumption acting on those elements.

This is also how AI works - the biochemistry of the brain simply plays out as our engine simulates everything in reality. This is of course the genius of Chris's vision - by simply duplicating reality on every level, there is no need for any physics knowledge, or even creating any of the game's stars or planets - they'll naturally evolve over time.

Game should be out in a few billion years - gently caress you if you can't wait for such a visionary experience.
Because modelling the universe accurately would require more information than the universe can contain the only reasonable assumption to make is that our reality is in fact the model contained by Star Citizen.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
ED:

ED Dev posted:

What is the largest ship that can be stored as a fighter?

Not to be too ironic, but the largest fighter that can be launched are fighters. Currently no plans to have a russian doll syndrome, an Anaconda could easily carry a sidewinder, but how's it going to get it out? We'd have to cut a giant hole in the bottom of it.

source: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/198765-Summary-of-the-Collectibles-Q-amp-A-with-Sandro

SC:

SC Dreamer posted:

Does the Polaris come with a snub craft already? Can you provide a list of ships the Polaris can fit in its hold? What is the biggest ship that can fit? Is it possible to fit two smaller ships like Merlins?

No snub craft is included with the Polaris, and this is mainly due to the fact that the hangar is designed with a small fighter in mind. Obviously though there is nothing stopping you from using this to house a snub if you wish. And in theory yes, anything smaller than a Sabre should fit, so 2 Merlins should be able to fit with some very precise landing.

source: https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15559-RSI-Polaris-Q-A-Part-1

You can clearly see one has a definite design direction, while the latter just wants to to sell their used car spaceship. SC is going to code themselves into oblivion if they continue promising ships in ships in ships and physic grids in physic grids in physic grids (lol).

They're using backer money to develop the Matrix. :v:

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

his nibs posted:

It's all cola to me :shrug:

But how do you feel about pineapple cola?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sum Mors posted:

:getout:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I like hibiscus cola.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Sum Mors posted:

:getin:

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

I like hibiscus cola.

:whitewater: I actually made this face.

That poo poo is way too fragrant. It's like drinking perfume.

Sum Mors fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 30, 2017

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

I like hibiscus cola.

Ginger cola is really good

I managed to almost cut out soda 100 percent but decided to belay that for a bit to try a single bottle of pepsi fire. Its really good. Really really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004