Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I'm shocked, absolutely shocked that 2w terminators and unstunnable landraiders may have increased in points from their previous incarnations.

Rhinos have doubled in cost. They're 70 points base now, plus wargear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Serotonin posted:

Cheers. Wtf did he photograph that with?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I'm shocked, absolutely shocked that 2w terminators and unstunnable landraiders may have increased in points from their previous incarnations.

Yeah because Terminators and Land raiders were so worth it with their existing costs in the previous editions

e: also yeah having seen the blood angels stuff it looks like they really do mean to make you pay extra points for the land raider's wargear. Christ, that's so loving lame

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 30, 2017

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'm actually pretty stoked for terminators. Being able to deep strike them perfectly into rapid fire range will be pretty nasty with the new rapid fire 2 storm bolter.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

chutche2 posted:

The thing that confuses me is that the demolisher cannon is listed as 0 points for some loving reason.

The DCCW on an ironclad is 0, but 40 on everything else. I just don't see what they're going for here.

It seems like a units "standard" wargear simply has a zero point cost.

The Inceptors having 7 point assault bolters is most likely a starting set thing and the actual inceptor kits will have some zero point option as well as plasma fulmigators or whatever.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah because Terminators and Land raiders were so worth it with their existing costs in the previous editions

e: also yeah having seen the blood angels stuff it looks like they really do mean to make you pay extra points for the land raider's wargear. Christ, that's so loving lame

I don't see the extra terminator wound as being a massive deal as I usually kill them with weapons that appear to be d3 or better than one wound in the new edition. I mean it will be great for letting them walk through small arms, but I can't remember the last time I took on terminators with anything other than my elite choice or a shitload of plasma cannons.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

JBP posted:

I don't see the extra terminator wound as being a massive deal as I usually kill them with weapons that appear to be d3 or better than one wound in the new edition. I mean it will be great for letting them walk through small arms, but I can't remember the last time I took on terminators with anything other than my elite choice or a shitload of plasma cannons.

Yeah for real.

People are acting like doubling the wounds of stuff is a huge deal when all the weapons meant to kill them still do it in as many or fewer hits as they did before. All it really means is that they can take small arms and light melee weapons a lot better.

In 7th edition it took like 12 lascannon hits to kill a land raider (barring an explodes result), now it takes 9 or 10 hits.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

chutche2 posted:

Yeah for real.

People are acting like doubling the wounds of stuff is a huge deal when all the weapons meant to kill them still do it in as many or fewer hits as they did before. All it really means is that they can take small arms and light melee weapons a lot better.

In 7th edition it took like 12 lascannon hits to kill a land raider (barring an explodes result), now it takes 9 or 10 hits.

Barring a statistically likely result.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

chutche2 posted:

Yeah for real.

Yeah. I mean if they barrel into a squad of tacticals they're going to tear them apart and absorb many more strikes from chain swords and cc weapons, but you probably want them going after high value poo poo that will likely be in the backline (like a tank/heavy support) or an enemy elite unit which will still be putting them in harms way of whatever high power weapons you've got sitting around..

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

The Kingfish posted:

Barring a statistically likely result.

Barring a 1 in 36 chance on each hit.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

JBP posted:

Yeah. I mean if they barrel into a squad of tacticals they're going to tear them apart and absorb many more strikes from chain swords and cc weapons, but you probably want them going after high value poo poo that will likely be in the backline (like a tank/heavy support) or an enemy elite unit which will still be putting them in harms way of whatever high power weapons you've got sitting around..

Also they were overpriced garbage in their 1W incarnations in 7th edition

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

chutche2 posted:

Barring a 1 in 36 chance on each hit.

Only need a 5+ to explode it on a pen result, so it's actually 1/18. Over 12 hits, that is statistically likely to have occurred.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Strobe posted:

Only need a 5+ to explode it on a pen result, so it's actually 1/18. Over 12 hits, that is statistically likely to have occurred.

You need a 7 to explode it. Lascannons are AP2, which is a +1 to the pen roll, meaning you need to roll a 6. A meltagun needs a 5+ to explode.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

chutche2 posted:

You need a 7 to explode it. Lascannons are AP2, which is a +1 to the pen roll, meaning you need to roll a 6. A meltagun needs a 5+ to explode.

I would have sworn Lascannons were AP1, whoops.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Kingfish posted:

Rolling a d3 3 times adds less than 10 seconds to the shooting phase.

I dont trust my opponents in competitive gaming any more than I can toss them with a steam powered catapult.

Having to observe d3 3 times is loving annoying.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Was anyone using lascannons to shoot at landraiders in 7th?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Was anyone using lascannons to shoot at landraiders in 7th?

It's an example because I don't want to figure out calculating a meltagun rerolling damage vs 2d6 pen

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
More likely you'd have it uselessly sitting in place most of the game and only able to fire one of its weapons at full BS.

A stunned/immobilized landraider is a sadraider :smith:

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 30, 2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Huh, don't know if anyone else noticed this, but it looks like the bigly bumble marines went up in points between the starter set and the index book.
They were 39+7+7 for 53 points per model.
Now they are 45+15+15 for 75 points per model. Could be 13 per assault bolter, the scan isn't very clear, but either way, that's a huge increase. :wtc:

Looks like the others got their points tweaked too, but nothing as drastic. Looks like the standard Intercessor is 20 points instead of 23 and a Hellblaster is 38. Weird.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

These 40k rumors sound awesome enough to convince me to buy some Infinity models.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Moola posted:

ok, but you're basically just throwing your arms up in the air and going "well it could be worse! V:downs:V"

like sure ok but thats not a very good defense of bad design

Uh oh, I find myself agreeing with Moola. I'm in trouble now...

xtothez posted:

I found the rule that's going to reduce the game duration by half and likely piss off Eldar, Daemon, GK & Tyranid players

So I wonder if Zoanthropes will get an exception or if you can really only fire one unit of them per turn.

What the gently caress

This is the worst part of 8th yet holy poo poo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Psychic Focus rule is dumb. The other two I don't really care about but I guess they make sense for whatever dumb vision GW has for "competitive" play. I wouldn't be surprised if some Tournaments just shrug and ignore those rules entirely.

EDIT: The Strategem limit is dumb too because that includes re-rolls.

They're all dumb.

:agreed:

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

Der Waffle Mous posted:

More likely you'd have it uselessly sitting in place most of the game and only able to fire one of its weapons at full BS.

A stunned/immobilized landraider is a sadraider :smith:

Admittedly i only ran land raiders a dozen times in 7th, and I can't really remeber this being a big issue. I just remember them feeling way over cost for what you got.

Not a fan of any attempt to lower model count, one of the main reasons I play this stupid game is the scale. If I wanted something smaller there are dozens of better games that are a quarter of the cost.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
It's kind of amazing how thoroughly they've lost the last 2 or 3 weeks of hype and buildup because of a handful of leaks showing the details.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I kinda thought they had talked about that psychic rule a few weeks ago?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

LingcodKilla posted:

I dont trust my opponents in competitive gaming any more than I can toss them with a steam powered catapult.

Having to observe d3 3 times is loving annoying.

Roll. Roll. Roll.

It's literally no trouble at all.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

S.J. posted:

Infinity models.

:vomarine:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
100% confirmed vehicles have to pay for their weapons.

A rhino is 70 points but a razorback is 65.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The Kingfish posted:

Roll. Roll. Roll.

It's literally no trouble at all.

Yeah it is.

I dont want to keep track of your stupid loving gun with a piece of scratch paper.

Wait wait did you roll a 4 then a 6 the 1? Or was that a 6 then a 1 then 4??????????????

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Safety Factor posted:

Huh, don't know if anyone else noticed this, but it looks like the bigly bumble marines went up in points between the starter set and the index book.
They were 39+7+7 for 53 points per model.
Now they are 45+15+15 for 75 points per model. Could be 13 per assault bolter, the scan isn't very clear, but either way, that's a huge increase. :wtc:

Looks like the others got their points tweaked too, but nothing as drastic. Looks like the standard Intercessor is 20 points instead of 23 and a Hellblaster is 38. Weird.

It's probably how they flushed out the leaky Lady spy.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah it is.

I dont want to keep track of your stupid loving gun with a piece of scratch paper.

Wait wait did you roll a 4 then a 6 the 1? Or was that a 6 then a 1 then 4??????????????

If you can't trust someone don't play them because they will find other ways to be a huge rear end in a top hat to you.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah it is.

That's a bit of an exaggeration don't you think? Unless you have only a single dice to your name the dice are going to stay there on the table where you rolled them, and you shoot the unit right after. Goons getting mad hyperbolic.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hamshot posted:

That's a bit of an exaggeration don't you think? Unless you have only a single dice to your name the dice are going to stay there on the table where you rolled them, and you shoot the unit right after. Goons getting mad hyperbolic.

"Here let me get out my triple holding tray to hold the dice rolls in the order I made them".

Seriously have you guys never played with poo poo at stake? Having to micromanage everything to prevent people from taking every advantage they possibly can against you is annoying and 10000000000000000000000 extra loving rolls adds up.

When I was playing every tourney in the bay area during 4th era I would catch random fuckers fudging movements and quick roll, scoop, proclaim results, roll again. None of these changes will make the game speed up at all (besides the only part you can actually do before hand (list building)(power level was a good idea))).

RagnarokAngel posted:

If you can't trust someone don't play them because they will find other ways to be a huge rear end in a top hat to you.

You dont pick your tourney opponents.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Settle down beavis.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
So you don't like rules that your opponent could try to fudge for advantage? Like every rule in the goddamn game?

Might I suggest a better game for you: chess.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

chutche2 posted:

100% confirmed vehicles have to pay for their weapons.

A rhino is 70 points but a razorback is 65.

Troop capacity difference if no weapons are taken into the equation.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hamshot posted:

So you don't like rules that your opponent could try to fudge for advantage? Like every rule in the goddamn game?

lol if you've never been cheated in chess

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

What do you mean en passant?

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

SRM posted:

lol if you've never been cheated in chess

Oh poo poo you're right we're going to need to simplify the rules of warhammer 40k down further before forums user LingcodKilla will stop complaining.

Checkers? Tic Tac Toe?

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

LingcodKilla posted:

When I was playing every tourney in the bay area during 4th era I would catch random fuckers fudging movements and quick roll, scoop, proclaim results, roll again. None of these changes will make the game speed up at all (besides the only part you can actually do before hand (list building)(power level was a good idea))).

Uggggghhh the loving roll-scoop thing. It's like no, you fucker, if you're going to pick up your dice you pick up the ones that loving failed and leave the ones that succeeded down there for me to look at.

Also, are we sure zoanthropes actually cast a psychic power and don't simply have a shooting attack now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hamshot posted:

Hahahah poor game designing by GW is really hard to defend but you grab it by the root and suck as hard as you can.

This is the kind of poo poo that adds up to really make a game hard to play.

• Locked thread