Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I have so much anxiety about this Trout injury, guys. He's our special boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

Pretty much the only sane response in the whole fiasco, lol who loving carries a grudge over a batter doing his job against you 2+ years ago? Do I have to worry about Javy getting drilled in the head the next time he faces Strickland because he had the audacity to single up the middle in the NLDS last year?

literally the entire giants fanbase was super mad at Javy for having the absolute gall to be excited about that hit, despite it being because Strickland threw at him the last time he'd been up :jerkbag:

literally

so, yes, probably, since Strickland is a whiny fuckbaby

Poque fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 30, 2017

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I guess I'll have a few extra hours a day to do whatever I want, for basically the rest of the summer.

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

Be nice to Bryce

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

ego symphonic posted:

Be nice to Bryce

Be a dick to Strick

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

will_colorado posted:

its the same thing that happened to Trevor Story last year at the end of July and he missed the entire rest of the year and couldn't really swing a bat until November.

"6-8 weeks" is crazy over-optimistic for a torn thumb ligament that requires surgery. Mets staff crazy.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

There are lots of players that have come back that quickly. Harper off the top of my head did.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/konner_88/status/869324282324758532

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

There are lots of players that have come back that quickly. Harper off the top of my head did.

Wan't he a shell of himself though? Or was that his mysterious "Shoulder not his neck we swear" injury

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Great pic/headline combo.

I guess if you're gonna have a AAA guy who isn't ready pitch multiple innings in the majors, the day your offense gets 16 runs is the time to do it. poo poo, Jeremy Guthrie could've even gotten a W on this team today.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Apparently Strickland hit Also-Named-Hunter Pence for trying to drag him out of the fight. What is it about Bryce that makes people attack their own team?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
If I know Mike Trout this is the right time for him to reveal he also has wolverine regenerative powers and is functionally immortal.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

Apparently Strickland hit Also-Named-Hunter Pence for trying to drag him out of the fight. What is it about Bryce that makes people attack their own team?

something in that beautiful, bountiful hair

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Troxartas posted:

Wan't he a shell of himself though? Or was that his mysterious "Shoulder not his neck we swear" injury

Nah he was fine that year. He lost a bit of power from the year before but he was freaking 21!

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Yadi came back from it (several times, I think) with varying degrees of success. He's seen a drop in power, but that could be associated with aging or with losing like 40 pounds to improve his longevity as a catcher.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Craptacular! posted:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pancakes posted:

with losing like 40 pounds to improve his longevity as a catcher.

It makes me sad that Salvy's career is going to be over in like 4 or 5 years, you can't justify his bat at first and he's just a giant dude who can't last at catcher.

We'll always have his constant torment of Lorenzo Cain though.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

He could probably last if Ned Yost didn't run him into the ground year after year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah on reflection I should be amazed he's lasted this long.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I'm not a huge Royals fan so I'm unfamiliar; does Salvy get shoved out there way too often? His games started on BBRef don't look insane to me, but I'm spoiled with Yadi (2014 doesn't count, he missed 7 weeks with thumb surgery).

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/joe_block/status/869333973637496832
:psypop:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Carlos Correa started the season cold, in his first 19 games: .197/.286/.295

Since?

.360/.429/.595

Get

the

gently caress

in

(.427 babip so yeah yeah)

e: Ah this doesn't even include today

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
This was from tonight's Jays broadcast.

23 hits!

https://fat.gfycat.com/KindheartedGrayHeifer.webm

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

harper is very lucky samardzija got blocked. he's the last person on the field i would want to face in a fight.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I am so upset that Trout is having surgery on Wednesday.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zigmidge posted:

This was from tonight's Jays broadcast.

23 hits!

https://fat.gfycat.com/KindheartedGrayHeifer.webm

if it wasn't for the uniform I would have thought it was the 8th inning in the Twins/Astros game

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Leave it to Kevin Pillar to go 0-6 with 7 LOB in a 17-2 win.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 30, 2017

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo. I just noticed this today: the reason Dioner Navarro hasn't been around anywhere this year is because his wife, who was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm last season, had a massive stroke in December that nearly killed her. As it was she was in a coma for three months and has only recently returned home. Poor guy. He says he's not ready to retire, though, so hopefully he'll be back in MLB at some point.

https://jaysjournal.com/2017/05/22/blue-jays-dioner-navarro-takes-time-off-after-almost-losing-his-wife/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shadok posted:

Holy poo poo. I just noticed this today: the reason Dioner Navarro hasn't been around anywhere this year is because his wife, who was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm last season, had a massive stroke in December that nearly killed her. As it was she was in a coma for three months and has only recently returned home. Poor guy. He says he's not ready to retire, though, so hopefully he'll be back in MLB at some point.

https://jaysjournal.com/2017/05/22/blue-jays-dioner-navarro-takes-time-off-after-almost-losing-his-wife/

:smith: Hopefully she recovers fully.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pancakes posted:

I'm not a huge Royals fan so I'm unfamiliar; does Salvy get shoved out there way too often? His games started on BBRef don't look insane to me, but I'm spoiled with Yadi (2014 doesn't count, he missed 7 weeks with thumb surgery).

I suspect you're kinda spoiled here mostly? But I don't know how to check other than a lot of work I'm not willing to do. It is worth noting In 2014 Perez started 150 games in the regular season, another 15 in the postseason, then went to play for Venezuela in some international thing I can't remember for a handful more. That tops anything Jason Kendall ever did in a year, who I think I've heard is the most abused catcher ever to play the game as far as playing time goes.

Salvy also missed a couple of weeks on the DL in one of the seasons where he 'only' caught ~140 games if I remember correctly.

e: Oh he DHed 4 games in 2014, so only caught 161+

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 30, 2017

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

cards bad

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Scob posted:

cards bad

:sad:

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

ChiTownEddie posted:

I am so upset that Trout is having surgery on Wednesday.

gently caress what a season he was going to have.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
So what evidence points at that being an intentional beaning by Strickland? Are you all fairly certain he did that on purpose?

Edit: Like is Posey not getting involved telling on its own?

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 06:07 on May 30, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

So what evidence points at that being an intentional beaning by Strickland? Are you all fairly certain he did that on purpose?

98mph to the hip? I think it's intentional. Posey was set up inside a bit, but that was waaaaay into the box.

Strickland also jawed at somebody on the Royals(?) the other year, called him "boy" and all that. gently caress him.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 30, 2017

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Edit: Like is Posey not getting involved telling on its own?

I think their prior history, the spot where he hit him, and the reaction by Posey all point to it being intentional. Strickland has apparently hit four batters his whole career. He nailed him on the hip with a heater on the very first pitch. Harper's the only batter he's hit all year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

To me, you can usually tell by the pitcher's reaction whether or not it was intentional and this most definitely was

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

To me, you can usually tell by the pitcher's reaction whether or not it was intentional and this most definitely was

There's that too. If it wasn't intentional, at the very least he goaded Harper into charging him.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Should I go to the SS All Star game in Hillsboro this year? I live here, and none of the teams are even affiliated with the Astros, but it seems like a dumb thing to take part of.

Plus, that Hops logo is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Inspector_666 posted:

Strickland also jawed at somebody on the Royals(?) the other year, called him "boy" and all that. gently caress him.

That was him? Nice catch, for some reason in my memory that was lodged with some guy we once had who had no idea where the ball was going, but insisted on throwing 101 anyway because that was the only positive he had.

• Locked thread