Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Landed on a roof in Rozhok with another guy who was rude and started punching me. He punches me to the point where one more hit would kill me so I jump off the roof and start running. He chases me all over the city trying to get the last punch in (because he either didn't pick up or didn't want to use the .45 on the roof) for at least 90 seconds.

As I'm running, I see off in the distance a man with an AK leaving a house. I beeline for him, knowing the guy behind me will follow in his bloodthirst.

AK man easily takes me down with one bullet, and kills my pursuer just as quickly.

gently caress you, roof punch man. Shoulda let me run away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Game is unplayable with lag for me tonight.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Schiavona posted:

Landed on a roof in Rozhok with another guy who was rude and started punching me. He punches me to the point where one more hit would kill me so I jump off the roof and start running. He chases me all over the city trying to get the last punch in (because he either didn't pick up or didn't want to use the .45 on the roof) for at least 90 seconds.

As I'm running, I see off in the distance a man with an AK leaving a house. I beeline for him, knowing the guy behind me will follow in his bloodthirst.

AK man easily takes me down with one bullet, and kills my pursuer just as quickly.

gently caress you, roof punch man. Shoulda let me run away.

open pvp game with objective to outlast the server and kill anyone trying to do the same

man was rude

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
gently caress, totally flubbed a chicken dinner, apparently my hands completely forgot how to control recoil at the last moment. i waited for the other two dudes to duke it out and had a clear shot on the survivor's back and everything :mad:

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I am sure this has been said 100 times in this thread already, but let me shoot over the rock while looking down the sites, not into it. I lost a shoot out because the other guy had the advantage of not having any cover to block his shots.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
It never gets old and is always good.

https://gfycat.com/ConsciousEsteemedBoto

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

dmnz posted:

Its not a real dinner tho unless you kill 10% of the server because my opinions are objectively correct or some poo poo.

Thank you for backing me up on this, friend

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Mauser posted:

I am sure this has been said 100 times in this thread already, but let me shoot over the rock while looking down the sites, not into it. I lost a shoot out because the other guy had the advantage of not having any cover to block his shots.

take two steps back bro

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
game is good

thanks for reading

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Zo posted:

take two steps back bro

I think this is might be an issue where the boundaries of the terrain not corresponding to the visual, but I can give it a shot. I was far enough back to be able to raise the rifle, so I assumed that was far enough until I fired the first two or three times. Also thought the lag issues were better after playing a little, but I just watched my health bar get cut in half a good half second before any sort of indication that I was being shot at or getting hit. Frustrating night and sorry about complaining, but I really like this game and I hope they follow through with their promises.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
My 10 year old nephew convinced me to buy this game so he would have someone to partner with.

Things were going great in our 3rd match. We had good weapons, good gear and were at full health. Then I ran him over with a motorcycle.

A+ would teamkill my nephew with a motorcycle again.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Mauser posted:

I think this is might be an issue where the boundaries of the terrain not corresponding to the visual, but I can give it a shot.

It's not. It has more to do that the aimpoint is 6 inches above the barrel, just like on an actual gun. If your barrel would be in the rock, you'll raise the gun instead. If your barrel is aiming into the rock, you can still see over it with your scope, but your barrel is still pointing into the rock. Also you'r head is still exposed.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Other games usually let you clip through walls because they're hitscan so wherever your scope says it can shoot it will let you shoot

People had this issue in BF3/BF4 as well

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
This ain't no battlefield.

S12k with ext mag and compensator, holy hell so fun.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's not. It has more to do that the aimpoint is 6 inches above the barrel, just like on an actual gun. If your barrel would be in the rock, you'll raise the gun instead. If your barrel is aiming into the rock, you can still see over it with your scope, but your barrel is still pointing into the rock. Also you'r head is still exposed.

Ah ok, yeah I know how it works on an actual gun, but programming that into the game seems counter intuitive and weird once you're able to pull your gun up. I took the advice for when I was shooting over a wall and started to hit it as I tracked him (easier to see when you start out on target and lose it due to wall) aaaand

edit: won it in the usual way, without having proper gear for the end game aside from an AR silencer this time. No meds and nothing greater than a 2x scope and a lot of running

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
Is it against the rules to coop in solo queue? I've run into it 3 or 4 times now, like both of them stacked in a house obviously cooperating.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Yes

Orv
May 4, 2011

tehllama posted:

Is it against the rules to coop in solo queue? I've run into it 3 or 4 times now, like both of them stacked in a house obviously cooperating.

Yeah, if you can get video of obvious COLLUSION you can send it to a twitters or an email or something like that.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

anyone else find it really stupid how going prone in grass basically makes it impossible to take shots, seeing as strands of grass completely obstruct your view?

this image showcases it perfectly. how the gently caress are those grass strands actually able to block the scope, seeing as you're lying down flat, you should technically be pushing grass out of the way. only bit that would make sense for grass to be showing is at the other end of the scope.

so many times I've been prone and can barely make out an enemy, and I gotta give my position away by crouching just to get a clear shot.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
To be fair, go prone in an actual field of knee high grass and let us know how far you can see.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Not being able to see anything when prone is a pretty important tradeoff since it's easy to become practically invisible in the tall grasses.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
This game would be broken as poo poo and instantly dead if they made it so you can actually shoot well while prone outside of the occasional spot where elevation is on your side.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

game would be perfectly fine if it didn't render bigass grass strands before the scope. having it block the far end of the scope makes more sense and would actually give you a chance to peek between strands to aim shots, as opposed to having your entire screen blocked by one grass blade.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm convinced they'll copy the ARMA system where lying on the grass flattens it in a radius of a few meters.

Early access and all.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Loopoo posted:

game would be perfectly fine if it didn't render bigass grass strands before the scope. having it block the far end of the scope makes more sense and would actually give you a chance to peek between strands to aim shots, as opposed to having your entire screen blocked by one grass blade.

Yep, that's the one thing from keeping this game from being perfectly fine.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Qubee
May 31, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I'm convinced they'll copy the ARMA system where lying on the grass flattens it in a radius of a few meters.

Early access and all.

that'd be a great compromise. makes it slightly (but not perfectly) easier to aim when you're prone, at the cost of making you easier to spot due to the flattened grass.

VietCampo posted:

Yep, that's the one thing from keeping this game from being perfectly fine.

what's with these pedantic replies. I see it happen all the time. people just try and stir poo poo up by obviously taking something someone posts out of context. cause aye, I definitely meant the game would become an absolute gem, GOTY material with no additional features or bug fixes required if only the grass stopped rendering stupidly.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Grimmmz's stream is consistently insanely fun to watch

Example 1

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

David Attenborough: It does not take long for the predators to encircle their prey. After a short struggle, the gazelle is defeated.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FragileAttractiveAlligatorResidentSleeper

RedQueen posted:

Example 1
This rules. Grimmmz is so good and those people just ran into the meatgrinder.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

17 people killed that round :aaa:

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Just bought the game for myself after watching a lot of bad Giant Bomb streams and it's been drat fun and tense so far.

RedQueen posted:

Example 1

Gotdamn that dude is amazing.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

RedQueen posted:

Example 1

He's on another level. That clip barely even resembles a normal experience in this game. If that was the only clip you saw of this game, you would think it was some sort of Battlefield game, where people don't mind being reckless and kills flow freely.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

So, I think there might be some sort of damage drop off at ranged but its arranged by some sort of stepping, not by a curve like most games would have and for the most part only makes a one shot difference. In this case at 200m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtEdrML1j9Q&t=120s

Also this is a good video of Boumbats being a good driver.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148212356

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 30, 2017

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

RedQueen posted:

Example 1

And he makes it look so goddamn easy, jesus

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

RedQueen posted:

Example 1

Adrenaline syringe? I've never seen that in game, is it a different type of boost?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Shooting Blanks posted:

Adrenaline syringe? I've never seen that in game, is it a different type of boost?

It's airdrop crate only, and it fills your boost bar completely.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...
After some team goon games, I went and did me one.

Static! fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 30, 2017

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

always be closing posted:

This ain't no battlefield.

S12k with ext mag and compensator, holy hell so fun.

Using an S12K with a suppressor technically isn't super useful but for that one time I got to feel like Anton Chigurh

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

3 games in a row a care package has dropped pretty much on my head, it sure makes things more interesting.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's airdrop crate only, and it fills your boost bar completely.

It should make it so that you can get up off the ground without a teammate helping you if you use it while down as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Party Plane Jones posted:

It should make it so that you can get up off the ground without a teammate helping you if you use it while down as well.

Now we're getting into "let's make a defibrillator a rare crate drop that can revive dead teammates *once*" territory.

That being said, the injection should be a rare drop that's far more common at the 'hospital' or in places that'd have infirmaries around like towns, the power plant, and the military base.

• Locked thread