Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Seriously yall talked about ur emerge for like a page and a half and nobody posted a fuckin list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I put up a list in the brewhaus a few weeks ago, but I haven't played since then. It's was a bit of a spitball with some changes.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Did a sweet paper draft today:

Got real greedy and took Glorybringer pack 2, then drafted the fixing appropriately high. Started out in G/W, but blue was way more open and then I got passed Kefnet. Nothing like turn 4 Glorybringer in a G/U/w deck. Won all my matches, mostly beating face with Kefnet and Glorybringer.

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

SO is bringing mountain-tapping back. Taking down pretty much every standard boogie-man with a deck that costs less than one card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niGL1mwcjOs

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

St0rmD posted:

SO is bringing mountain-tapping back. Taking down pretty much every standard boogie-man with a deck that costs less than one card.

Post a list?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Procrastinator posted:

Seriously yall talked about ur emerge for like a page and a half and nobody posted a fuckin list.

Jesus Christ

Deck: U/R emerge

//Creatures
4 Advanced Stitchwing
4 Elder Deep-Fiend
4 Prized Amalgam
4 Stitchwing Skaab
16 total

//Spells
4 Cathartic Reunion
1 Reduce // Rubble
4 Fevered Visions
2 Fiery Temper
4 Kozilek's Return
3 Lightning Axe
3 Tormenting Voice
21 total

//Lands
6 Island
7 Mountain
2 Sanctum of Ugin
4 Spirebluff Canal
4 Wandering Fumarole
23 total

//Sideboard
2 Dispel
1 Fiery Temper
2 Negate
2 Release the Gremlins
1 Hazoret the Fervent
2 Reduce//Rubble
2 Nahiri's Wrath
1 Insult//Injury
2 Wretched Gryff

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-27-2-tix-two-tix-red-standard

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

lol, like half that deck is already sold out on Cardhoarder.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

ManMythLegend posted:

Had to check Borderland Marauder was standard legal, it's in one of the starter decks. I think I played against this last night on MTGO.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

"Two-tix Red", a 13-ticket deck.

Can't say I'm not tempted, though.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

St0rmD posted:

I love when people bring these decks to FNM

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

uninverted posted:

This is why you don't concede prematurely.

I used to side out my dragons if they conceded to dragonstorm back in the day. 6 extra slots for the sb kit without hurting consistency.

Always make them play it out. Unless you're against eggs then concede as soon as you know.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Mezzanon posted:

Jesus Christ

I had this built after someone posted the list weeks ago, but it was soooo frustrating. Not getting the dream start of a Cathartic Reunion or Tormenting Voice plus a zombie is awful.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BJPaskoff posted:

I had this built after someone posted the list weeks ago, but it was soooo frustrating. Not getting the dream start of a Cathartic Reunion or Tormenting Voice plus a zombie is awful.

You absolutely need a zombie in your hand for any keep and preferentially a Lighting Axe or a Reunion.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Honestly I'll keep almost any Fevered Visions hand on the play, the extra cards go a long way to fixing any problems you had. I'll also keep reunion + another discard outlet if the rest of the hand is good and hope to dig into a zombie.

You can grind pretty well against anything that isn't Marvel, while turboing out a deep fiend is certainly powerful it's not like you need to mulligan aggressively for it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jabor posted:

Honestly I'll keep almost any Fevered Visions hand on the play, the extra cards go a long way to fixing any problems you had. I'll also keep reunion + another discard outlet if the rest of the hand is good and hope to dig into a zombie.

You can grind pretty well against anything that isn't Marvel, while turboing out a deep fiend is certainly powerful it's not like you need to mulligan aggressively for it.

Then you just get your Fevered Visions censored and the game is over.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

mcmagic posted:

Then you just get your Fevered Visions censored and the game is over.

Don't walk into censor ya dingus.

Pro tip: if you're on the play and your hand is gas aside from lacking a discard outlet feel free to skip a land drop on T2 to discard a stitchwing skaab. That's one of the plays I made against marvel at the PreTQ, then discarded 2x amalgam to bring it back during my opponents turn after they played a rogue refiner, then untap, play land 3 and visions.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mezzanon posted:

Pro tip: if you're on the play and your hand is gas aside from lacking a discard outlet feel free to skip a land drop on T2 to discard a stitchwing skaab. That's one of the plays I made against marvel at the PreTQ, then discarded 2x amalgam to bring it back during my opponents turn after they played a rogue refiner, then untap, play land 3 and visions.

The deck is almost never hitting it's 4th land on curve either. I'm just saying that keeping a bad hand with Visions is not going to work out a good portion of the time.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Mezzanon posted:

Jesus Christ

//Creatures
4 Advanced Stitchwing
4 Elder Deep-Fiend
4 Prized Amalgam
4 Stitchwing Skaab
16 total

//Spells
4 Cathartic Reunion
1 Reduce // Rubble
4 Fevered Visions
2 Fiery Temper
4 Kozilek's Return
3 Lightning Axe
3 Tormenting Voice
21 total

//Lands
6 Island
7 Mountain
2 Sanctum of Ugin
4 Spirebluff Canal
4 Wandering Fumarole
23 total

//Sideboard
2 Dispel
1 Fiery Temper
2 Negate
2 Release the Gremlins
1 Hazoret the Fervent
2 Reduce//Rubble
2 Nahiri's Wrath
1 Insult//Injury
2 Wretched Gryff

thank you for posting the list i appreciate it.

I was hoping to have it when I had time to visit my LGS on the weekend but alas. I missed every event by sleeping in anyway, though.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
the two tix deck is up to 17 tix

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Boco_T posted:

Which is hilarious because it's not even good

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Boco_T posted:

I noticed this morning I had some relentless bushwhackers, and quickly unloaded all my copies of a lovely standard uncommon that's going for 1 ticket each.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

evilweasel posted:

I noticed this morning I had some relentless bushwhackers, and quickly unloaded all my copies of a lovely standard uncommon that's going for 1 ticket each.

It's a card in a mediocre modern deck...

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Mezzanon posted:

Sandbagging a land to discard to hand size has been a surprisingly effective play. It catches so many people off guard.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Sandbagging a land to discard to hand size has been a surprisingly effective play. It catches so many people off guard.

Agree.

I also ran a kozileks return out to kill my own skaab since my opponent had removed only the amalgams. The deck is great for corner plays

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So grixis shadow won the open and GP. Impressive. I am so torn on which shadow deck to bring to gp vegas. Help.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Sickening posted:

So grixis shadow won the open and GP. Impressive. I am so torn on which shadow deck to bring to gp vegas. Help.

Snapcaster Mage is a good card in a deck with Thoughtseize, Inquisition, Serum Visions, Thought Scour, Fatal Push, Lightning Bolt, Stubborn Denial and Kolaghan's Command. Snapcaster Mage is also fun to play.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

I played the 4c Shadow deck in the open with 3MB Denial and 1 Snapcaster. The deck is stupid powerful but I think Grixis is better.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 30, 2017

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I plated the 4c Shadow deck in the open with 3MB Denial and 1 Snapcaster. The deck is stupid powerful but I think Grixis is better.

I would almost prefer to drop red and make it bug because I love goyf that much but with each passing day I feel like grixis is just better. I am so torn.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

I would almost prefer to drop red and make it bug because I love goyf that much but with each passing day I feel like grixis is just better. I am so torn.

K Command is too good to drop red. And tarfire is actually a fine card now. It kills everything you want it to.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

K Command is too good to drop red. And tarfire is actually a fine card now. It kills everything you want it to.

Yeah. Its clear that you either play 4 color or grixis. I just really despise thought scour as a card in the deck though.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Sickening posted:

Yeah. Its clear that you either play 4 color or grixis. I just really despise thought scour as a card in the deck though.

I'm still bringing out 3 color with white sideboard splash tonight. Might be slightly worse than Grixis, but I don't play enough to play the less aggro/more grindy version in Grixis.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ShaneB posted:

I'm still bringing out 3 color with white sideboard splash tonight. Might be slightly worse than Grixis, but I don't play enough to play the less aggro/more grindy version in Grixis.

There were a good number of situations on Saturday where I wished I had the White instead of Blue. Getting to play Stony Silence and Lingering souls is no small bore.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Sickening posted:

It's like a bajillion times better than Serum Visions though?

4color is basically Jund that runs Death's Shadow as additional Goyfs, while Grixis is basically Grixis Delver that runs Shadow instead of Delver.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 30, 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Voyager I posted:

Grixis plays both.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Voyager I posted:

4color is basically Jund that runs Death's Shadow as additional Goyfs, while Grixis is basically Grixis Delver that runs Shadow instead of Delver.

Nah the Goyfs are Additional Death"s Shadows.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I know, I just don't understand how Thought Scour is the one you'd complain about as opposed to the one-mana cantrip that doesn't make the cut in Pauper.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Yeah idgi either, Thought Scour is fully insane in a deck with Snappy, K Command and Tasigur/occasionally LSouls

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Voyager I posted:

I know, I just don't understand how Thought Scour is the one you'd complain about as opposed to the one-mana cantrip that doesn't make the cut in Pauper.

You haven't haven't had a bad land mill with thought scour yet then? Its statically a low chance of happening and you do have 7 lands in total that actually produce mana, but getting boned does happen. Mix in a few ghost quarters and the like and it does indeed get frustrating. Its balanced by the god hands that produce early 5 toughness butts against burn and the like.

Its just a irrational issue I have with grixis. The decks power can't be ignored.

(Doesn't pauper also have some pretty amazing 1 mana cantrips that modern doesn't? Seems like a terrible comparison.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The old Grixis control decks used to have a better matchup vs Jund and I think the Death's Shadow decks operate pretty much the same way.