Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

no_recall posted:

They're using backer money to develop the Matrix. :v:

Is Roberts the One?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Nobody listens to Derek Smart

-Someone unironically posting in a sub-reddit dedicated to Derek Smart

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

cig honestly should just pack up and call it quits. pile it in. walk away with a tonne of money. everyone who still has money in it at this point is like "you know what? i'm fine with it never coming out, it was worth it just to see them take a shot." just get out now while you still can, cig

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

alf_pogs posted:

cig honestly should just pack up and call it quits. pile it in. walk away with a tonne of money. everyone who still has money in it at this point is like "you know what? i'm fine with it never coming out, it was worth it just to see them take a shot." just get out now while you still can, cig

BUT THEY COULD MAKE SO MUCH MORE WHEN THEY FINISH THE GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Roflan posted:

Saying you can't criticize something or you're not a real lover of *thing* is the stupidest argument I've heard all day and I've spent half the day reading the incel thread in GBS.

No true Scottsman Citizen

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Nobody listens to Derek Smart

-Someone unironically posting in a sub-reddit dedicated to Derek Smart

And of course no one cares about what goons think, yet lets talk about and analyze what they say and ruminate about their impact on reddit.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Colostomy Bag posted:

And of course no one cares about what goons think, yet lets talk about and analyze what they say and ruminate about their impact on reddit.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT DEREK SMART WOULD SAY!

Reveal yourself, heathen!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Reveal yourself, heathen!

I'm Derek Smart, Esq.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Called it :smuggo:

Oh no! I'm posting like Derek Smarrrgh!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Hey have you read my blog here are more predictions I posted on my other site also check out my twitter and my fdev posts I can't post anything here because that jerk FactsAreUseless is on the take also Star Citizen is bad. *adds 3000 more words here*

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free
Tane.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We are all Derek Smart, Derek Smart is all we are.

Hello fellow Derek Smarts! Ready to spread some FuD!?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Pharohman777 posted:

Star citizen bad
Ben fat
July blog too long
Pineapple tane

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

boy howdy, does anyone else here hate pizza?

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
This is meant to be a cool space game that you can play

http://store.steampowered.com/app/396750/EVERSPACE/

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Baxta posted:

This is meant to be a cool space game that you can play

http://store.steampowered.com/app/396750/EVERSPACE/

They even ticked the VR-checkbox before compiling, unlike all those other idiots who constantly forget that that checkbox exists.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

tuo posted:

They even ticked the VR-checkbox before compiling, unlike all those other idiots who constantly forget that that checkbox exists.

You can just add in VR later, its just a simple plugin, stop spreading FUD

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Just layer on the fidelity. Checkmate goonie.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I paid $3000 for a lovely tech demo and to watch YouTube videos that anyone can watch for free. I got my money‘s worth.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I'll take one revolutionary thing that CIG have discovered for 3000 Alex.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Bencat!

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Sandweed posted:

I'll take one revolutionary thing that CIG have discovered for 3000 Alex.

That you can milk whales for $150m+ over half a decade and not give them poo poo in return other than hand waving, and mumbled promises of dreams.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Apex Ben

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Hobold posted:

That you can milk whales for $150m+ over half a decade and not give them poo poo in return other than hand waving, and mumbled promises of dreams.

stop FUDing goonie cuntiflas, they put out hours of content every week

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
loving hilarious that when I try to google Cuntiflas to see if it has a real meaning, the only poo poo that comes up is Zecumbe's comments on reddit and SC news articles.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
GentlyCaress Off CuntiflasTM

That was always something of a favorite of mine, in his idiotic attempts to get around being moderated. How'd that end up working for him again? Reddit wide bad? :ohdear:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Sum Mors posted:

But how do you feel about pineapple cola?

I'd call that pop, not cola

grimcreaper posted:

Ginger cola is really good

That's called ginger ale

:colbert:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

But seriously other that keeping 400 people that just graduated from game design university™ employed what have CIG done for the gaming industry?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sandweed posted:

But seriously other that keeping 400 people that just graduated from game design university™ employed what have CIG done for the gaming industry?

Shown people that publishers aren't actually that evil

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Hobold posted:

loving hilarious that when I try to google Cuntiflas to see if it has a real meaning, the only poo poo that comes up is Zecumbe's comments on reddit and SC news articles.

It's actually defined in "The deeper meaning of liff"

Cuntiflas: A roughly thumb-shaped person violently waving his arms around, thus looking like a complete idiot while scaming huge amounts of money from scifi fans and german auditors. The erratic, waving motion of hands a cuntiflas can do during mating season is said to stimulate specific parts of the brain - responsible for dreaming and parping - in his victims.

e: adjusted level of political correctness

tuo fucked around with this message at 09:25 on May 30, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Bengal tiger

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Thoatse posted:

Bengal tiger

So thats where the bengal went.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hobold posted:

Reddit wide bad? :ohdear:

Reddit wide very bad

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

I am chris roberts

:eyepop:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Edit: Archered part of the roberts-as-a-thumb picture that I think KiddieGrinder might have made.

Bofast fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 30, 2017

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hobold posted:

Really bad at img doctoring, but I tried. :shobon:

I like it :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Scruffpuff posted:

See, this is a common misconception about Star Citizen. Of course there aren't correctly modeled cardiovascular systems - that would be silly.

What is modeled is the essence of reality itself, with every atom (and its subatomic components, and further down) modeled in real time, so the mechanics of molecular chemistry are all fully realized and as such, the cardiovascular system is merely an extension of our subsumption acting on those elements.

This is also how AI works - the biochemistry of the brain simply plays out as our engine simulates everything in reality. This is of course the genius of Chris's vision - by simply duplicating reality on every level, there is no need for any physics knowledge, or even creating any of the game's stars or planets - they'll naturally evolve over time.

Game should be out in a few billion years - gently caress you if you can't wait for such a visionary experience.

This is why it is taking so long to get NPCs in the game. Every time the AI comes online, it asks for a refund.