Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Quidam Viator posted:

*Puts 0-6 month old baby into a series of containers and slings*

*Baby literally never learns to roll over, screams if on its side or god forbid on stomach*

*innocent loving infant develops rectangular loving ribcage and is crippled because mom can't put down phone *

*millennial mom brings infant to expensive loving massage therapist (me) to teach 6 month old how to lift its head or roll over*

*I take all their loving money, mom never puts the phone down during the whole thing *

*Puts baby back in container immediately carrying it in one hand, wailing on that loving phone with the other. *

bonsai baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Rutibex posted:

bonsai baby

veal?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

TheMostFrench posted:

A lesbian couple I know named their child Xeven. Later they announced on facebook that they changed it to Zeven for clarity.

Jesus, they took a Seinfeld sketch and somehow made it worse.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Quidam Viator posted:

*Baby literally never learns to roll over, screams if on its side or god forbid on stomach*

*innocent loving infant develops rectangular loving ribcage and is crippled because mom can't put down phone *

*millennial mom brings infant to expensive loving massage therapist (me) to teach 6 month old how to lift its head or roll over*

*I take all their loving money, mom never puts the phone down during the whole thing *

*Puts baby back in container immediately carrying it in one hand, wailing on that loving phone with the other. *
Do you perform spinal adjustments for babies?! :stonk:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I bought this Ergo baby carrier for 275, bringing my babywearing collection up to 8 slings and three carriers at a net worth of $6000

More like "buys one $80 wrap, too lazy to watch DVD, tries a couple wrap styles without baby, chucks whole thing in closet and just carries the kid"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Quidam Viator posted:

This family at the center was on their third kid and did that. Not one of them got tummy time it was laying on the back/sitting in swings and chairs. Their youngest was an infant and if we put him on his stomach he would lay there and scream until he fell asleep in the middle of the floor. He skipped over crawling in favor of scooting on his rear end like a dog with worms. But he had a Coach diaper bag and his three year old sister had name brand Uggs.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Panfilo posted:

Do you perform spinal adjustments for babies?! :stonk:

gently caress NO.

I'm a licensed massage therapist who works mostly on adults, but took a serious course in helping these loving bonsai babies that people are raising.

If you were like... an actual parent of a baby, and paid attention to the poor fucker, you'd do stuff like "tummy time", where you encourage this like 0-4 month old baby to learn how to roll on its side, and then on its stomach, so it can like... loving LIVE and poo poo.

Everyone's been talking about people carrying babies around in slings, putting them in those loving bouncy things, gently caress, strapping the fucker in to a car carrier inside the house, so you can dick around with your friends on instagram, right? We call those "container babies" and their parents are so loving clueless, that if I don't come in and help the fuckers GET ON THE FLOOR, put down the phone, and loving work with their kid to learn basic locomotion, the kid will be massively developmentally delayed.

It's loving embarrassing. A baby has to learn how to move their arms and legs in order to roll themselves over, to sit up, to get on their side or back onto their back, which is comfort zone, and because these dipshits are strapping their kids to loving plastic, the kid never learns it. Then a doctor or child protective services refers them to me because I have this licensed specialty.

Yeah, so some of us are middle-aged computer janitors, others of us are middle-aged people janitors.

I mostly teach the parents what it's like to learn how to move from scratch, then guide them in getting their baby to do it. It's like 20% of my practice, and I'm trying not to let it take over too much more because as rewarding as it is to literally make it possible for a baby to live without intervention, it's too loving emotionally draining to deal with parents who don't give a gently caress about their kids.

EDIT:

Len posted:

This family at the center was on their third kid and did that. Not one of them got tummy time it was laying on the back/sitting in swings and chairs. Their youngest was an infant and if we put him on his stomach he would lay there and scream until he fell asleep in the middle of the floor. He skipped over crawling in favor of scooting on his rear end like a dog with worms. But he had a Coach diaper bag and his three year old sister had name brand Uggs.

EXACTLY. This guy gets it. I'm the loving people-janitor that comes in and teaches that kid to crawl because that dog-rear end drag is loving EMBARRASSING.

Quidam Viator fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 30, 2017

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quidam Viator posted:

gently caress NO.

I'm a licensed massage therapist who works mostly on adults, but took a serious course in helping these loving bonsai babies that people are raising.

If you were like... an actual parent of a baby, and paid attention to the poor fucker, you'd do stuff like "tummy time", where you encourage this like 0-4 month old baby to learn how to roll on its side, and then on its stomach, so it can like... loving LIVE and poo poo.

Everyone's been talking about people carrying babies around in slings, putting them in those loving bouncy things, gently caress, strapping the fucker in to a car carrier inside the house, so you can dick around with your friends on instagram, right? We call those "container babies" and their parents are so loving clueless, that if I don't come in and help the fuckers GET ON THE FLOOR, put down the phone, and loving work with their kid to learn basic locomotion, the kid will be massively developmentally delayed.

It's loving embarrassing. A baby has to learn how to move their arms and legs in order to roll themselves over, to sit up, to get on their side or back onto their back, which is comfort zone, and because these dipshits are strapping their kids to loving plastic, the kid never learns it. Then a doctor or child protective services refers them to me because I have this licensed specialty.

Yeah, so some of us are middle-aged computer janitors, others of us are middle-aged people janitors.

I mostly teach the parents what it's like to learn how to move from scratch, then guide them in getting their baby to do it. It's like 20% of my practice, and I'm trying not to let it take over too much more because as rewarding as it is to literally make it possible for a baby to live without intervention, it's too loving emotionally draining to deal with parents who don't give a gently caress about their kids.

EDIT:

EXACTLY. This guy gets it. I'm the loving people-janitor that comes in and teaches that kid to crawl because that dog-rear end drag is loving EMBARRASSING.

Did not know this kind of thing was a thing. God drat.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Makes me wonder if there's a whole generation of crippled people inbound due to all this attachment parenting.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Panfilo posted:

Makes me wonder if there's a whole generation of crippled people inbound due to all this attachment parenting.

This isn't the tumblr thread

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Quidam Viator posted:

gently caress NO.

EDIT:

You're a god drat loving hero. Someone get this dude a mimosa.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
*CV includes sucking on moms breast and an AA in Monty Python quotes*

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Quidam Viator posted:

gently caress NO.

EDIT:

holy poo poo

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I'm glad you're there to save these retarded millenial babies man. With people like you in this world, maybe they stand a small chance

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
What happens to these retard babies if they don't get any professional help? Do they just drag themselves around on their rear end until they graduate college?

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Doesnt believe in vaccins, kid dies of some medievil disease

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

More like "buys one $80 wrap, too lazy to watch DVD, tries a couple wrap styles without baby, chucks whole thing in closet and just carries the kid"

This but ironically

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
My kid died from lack of medical coverage but I got all this avocado toast so

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I have nothing to contribute but Quidam Viator is a loving saint

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

YeahTubaMike posted:

I have nothing to contribute but Quidam Viator is a loving saint

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

Quidam Viator posted:

"My parents were always working. We had a nice house and plenty of toys, but it was emotionally arid, you know? It was always about their careers and never about their kids."

* straps fussing infant into motorized bassinet so she can instagram last night's baby pictures. *

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Molentik posted:

Doesnt believe in vaccins, kid dies of some medievil disease

*Dr. Stares at mysterious rash with puzzled look on face* "I've seen pictures of this like back in med school but... This disease was eradicated in the US... Measles?"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

T.S. Smelliot posted:

*Dr. Stares at mysterious rash with puzzled look on face* "I've seen pictures of this like back in med school but... This disease was eradicated in the US... Measles?"

Has the USA/Australia has a major polio outbreak yet?

I'm going to feel so bad for the kids but educated parents with their heads up their asses deserve to lose a kid if they won't vaccinate. Who will they blame, the same health authorities who were yelling at them do get the vaccine in the first place?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
There is currently a measles outbreak and Minneapolis because anti vaxxers used scare tactics about vaccines on immigrants, namely the Somali immigrant community.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Outrail posted:

Has the USA/Australia has a major polio outbreak yet?

I'm going to feel so bad for the kids but educated parents with their heads up their asses deserve to lose a kid if they won't vaccinate. Who will they blame, the same health authorities who were yelling at them do get the vaccine in the first place?

I wonder if that would change their mind on vaccines. If all their unvaccined children ended up with Polio think they would vaccinate their future ones?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Len posted:

I wonder if that would change their mind on vaccines. If all their unvaccined children ended up with Polio think they would vaccinate their future ones?

Nope, theyll blame other people for getting it and spreading it to their child.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Is the whole bonsai baby practice really all that new? There are plenty of cultures that lug kids around in slings and those kids don't necessarily end up as paraplegics.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Panfilo posted:

Is the whole bonsai baby practice really all that new? There are plenty of cultures that lug kids around in slings and those kids don't necessarily end up as paraplegics.

Probably because those people know when to stop treating their child as if it's a live ragdoll and let the child learn to move on its own

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

you're a hero

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
also they presumably let the baby down and interact with it when they're at home

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Panfilo posted:

those people have to actually work for a living. they put the baby down to go work in the fields

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I can't figure out the goddamn ring sling try as I might.

Sorry to those following my mom blog but this is the end *overdoses on essential oils*

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
*Bereaved relatives spend several weeks hauling out the scented candle hoard from the attic*

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
So listen, I know with the election and everything, you know....I mean, I just want to let you know that daddy loves you and... umm, well, I just don't know, I don't know any more...

*begins weeping uncontrollably in front of 8 month old son

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
It's ok to cry Kaiden. It's ok. See? Daddy cries too.

*8 month old becomes frightened, begins emancipation process.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Took Fenix to the craft brewery for this awesome folk set. Had some great local craft brews with choice eats. Smoked sriracha maple bacon with local micro greens on a toasted peasant bread bun. Off to my shantala infant massage class all, namaste :)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wei, ni bu nung sho hu ta, ta bu jidao zhongwen, ta shi fraguo.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Took Fenix to the craft brewery for this awesome folk set. Had some great local craft brews with choice eats. Smoked sriracha maple bacon with local micro greens on a toasted peasant bread bun. Off to my shantala infant massage class all, namaste :)

*breaks in to your home and kills you before debating whether to smother the seed or give it to a pack of wolves, perchance to be raised feral*

UncleMoeLester
Oct 25, 2016

Midget Fiddler
Lipstick Apathy

Panfilo posted:

You're better off signing up for Diapr, the convenient app that sends a diaper changing expert to your house to take care of that.

Thanks you're a lifesaver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

phasmid posted:

*breaks in to your home and kills you before debating whether to smother the seed or give it to a pack of wolves, perchance to be raised feral*

You can't kill what's already been dead inside.

• Locked thread