Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I'm having an issue for the past week where buildings won't load for a few minutes after I land.

Everything else is fine, I just get network lagged and the only thing that doesn't happen is buildings won't let me enter because they're block shaped crayon houses. I have all my settings on very low. I should go to a SSD I guess?

Also, Player Unknown Battlegrounds is a terrible name. I suggest that since we get a chicken dinner when we win that the game should be called The Great Outdoor Fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Call the game "Oh cool a level three *you have died*"

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Honestly there should be no knockdown/revive mechanic in this game at all.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

The Missing Link posted:

I'm having an issue for the past week where buildings won't load for a few minutes after I land.

I should go to a SSD I guess?

Everybody I've come across with this issue has not had an SSD, and it has apparently helped to get one.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Snapes N Snapes posted:

It encourages you to injure a guy and let him bleed out so his squad members try to revive him.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Everybody I've come across with this issue has not had an SSD, and it has apparently helped to get one.

I've never seen this issue, but does switching to an ssd help with the 30 or so seconds of lag when you first land?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

White Noise Marine posted:

I've never seen this issue, but does switching to an ssd help with the 30 or so seconds of lag when you first land?

Probably. SSDs at this point are fairly cheap for ~250 gig models (you could track down 120 gig models but I wouldn't recommend it.)

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/73.pu

Bug fixes and vehicle improvements. Going straight to dead in duo/squad game is confirmed (squashed) bug.

Stat wipe tomorrow better do all the stupid poo poo that makes you look bad at the game. Who am I kidding none of you will stop tomorrow.

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 30, 2017

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Disagree. I was in a squad game last night where a sniper downed one of our squadmates and left him bleeding out in an attempt to bait one of us out to help him.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Is there any way I can rebind my mousewheel to zoom distance as opposed to weapon switch?

The settings are just.dumb.
Also whats the math on mouse sensitivity? I now quake champs is .3 x source sensitivity but I have no clue what this gane is. I'd like some consistency even if people yell at me that it's a 3rd person game.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

The Missing Link posted:

Everything else is fine, I just get network lagged and the only thing that doesn't happen is buildings won't let me enter because they're block shaped crayon houses. I have all my settings on very low. I should go to a SSD I guess?

I've gotten this a handful of times, both on the HDD where I had it installed initially and on the SSD I moved it to later. It hasn't been happening as much lately though, so I'm hoping whatever issue was causing it is being worked on.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Badfinger posted:

https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/73.pu

Bug fixes and vehicle improvements. Going straight to dead in duo/squad game is confirmed (squashed) bug.

No mention of a bug fix related to being unable to use some consumables without dropping weapons :mad: Not sure exactly why it happens but at least twice and I think three times now I was unable to bandage until I dropped a bunch of items. Thought I saw someone else in the thread say the same thing.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Audax posted:

Is there any way I can rebind my mousewheel to zoom distance as opposed to weapon switch?

The settings are just.dumb.
Also whats the math on mouse sensitivity? I now quake champs is .3 x source sensitivity but I have no clue what this gane is. I'd like some consistency even if people yell at me that it's a 3rd person game.

Currently rebinding mouse wheel is broken. I attempted to rebind it to zeroing as well, and it just doesn't let you rebind scroll up or scroll down.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

Probably. SSDs at this point are fairly cheap for ~250 gig models (you could track down 120 gig models but I wouldn't recommend it.)

I just have to move it over on my laptop. I normally save my ssd space for games that take forever to load like battlefield and gta, but with how much I'm playing this it's probably worth it.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Loopoo posted:

game would be perfectly fine if it didn't maintain realism by having thick grass block my vision when I go prone in it even though that's how real life works.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Point being you can smush that grass down with your goon weight and not have it pop back up again.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Megasabin posted:

He's on another level. That clip barely even resembles a normal experience in this game. If that was the only clip you saw of this game, you would think it was some sort of Battlefield game, where people don't mind being reckless and kills flow freely.

+1 to your comment before the buck-toothed, smooth-cheeked babies accuse Grimmz of cheating again

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Just to add to this, if you could see easily out of grass or bushes camping would be incredibly bullshit. The trade-off for making yourself hard to see is that it becomes harder for you to see.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Grimmmz is a god but he doesn't start streaming until I've already left work which is a huge bummer

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Chard posted:

I've gotten this a handful of times, both on the HDD where I had it installed initially and on the SSD I moved it to later. It hasn't been happening as much lately though, so I'm hoping whatever issue was causing it is being worked on.

It got better for me with the monthly patch. I think it's a memory leak or something wonky with how the game unloads/loads textures because it never happens in the first few games I play but by game five or so it's almost certain to happen. Restarting every few games will pretty much nix the problem.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
A single strand of grass blocking your entire vision is not how real life works though, unless you're a cyclops. From a gameplay perspective reduced vision certainly makes sense, but the whole strand of grass wide as a tree thing is a bit annoying.

Edit: Not that it matters to me, I can't hit anything anyway :haw:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I just picked this up yesterday and played two solo games. Came in 4th on my second one and got three kills :parrot:

I had a 2x scope on my gun but couldn't figure out how to use it at all. I attached it and when I used right click it just did the normal ads thing.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Stan Taylor posted:

I just picked this up yesterday and played two solo games. Came in 4th on my second one and got three kills :parrot:

I had a 2x scope on my gun but couldn't figure out how to use it at all. I attached it and when I used right click it just did the normal ads thing.

Hold down right-click, and you'll be aiming down the sight but looking in third person over your guy's shoulder. If you want first person aiming, you'll need to single-click the right mouse button.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Megasabin posted:

This may seem logical in your head, but it doesn't work at all in practice. Games with gigantic teams and infinite money like DOTA have said it would take too much effort and too many resources to put in a system like this.

How would you propose PUBG does it with their relatively small team?

Valve can't not break their secondary platforms every other patch (Mac, LInux) and many other problems. So let's not hold them up as the be-all end-all of moderation or any other system.

Also consider that policing dota2 has one big hitch: game is free to play, so bans carry a lot less weight.

You'd be right in saying it's not necessarily an easy system, but honestly griefing in this game (at least some types) would be a lot easier to track than the myriad way you can grief in dota (just stealing teammates last hits, blocking own camps, pudge/kotl/etc, etc). In PUBG, if reporting existed and you even just only allowed it in the case of TKs, you'd be halfway there. (But then you have to plan a little around people intentionally walking into teammate line of fire, but this is less common)

That said, while most of my games have been pre-made, I've never run into griefers in PUBG in matchmaking.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Are there any car spawns that are more likely to spawn motorcycles? Stop giving me sidecars in solooooooo

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
just make it so tks put you into a poo poo head queue like leaving games in dota does and make it automatic

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Playing on the asian servers is a turkey shoot, they're so bad it's awesome.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Hold down right-click, and you'll be aiming down the sight but looking in third person over your guy's shoulder. If you want first person aiming, you'll need to single-click the right mouse button.

Is there a reason to do the hold-down method?

Doorknob Slobber posted:

just make it so tks put you into a poo poo head queue like leaving games in dota does and make it automatic

If my squadmate crashes and can't come back into game, I'd like to not be punished for killing him and taking his items.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Neon Belly posted:

If you have a magnifying scope at close range, or if you're clearing a building it's usually the better method. Especially since you can use Q/E to switch what shoulder the camera is looking over.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

It got better for me with the monthly patch. I think it's a memory leak or something wonky with how the game unloads/loads textures because it never happens in the first few games I play but by game five or so it's almost certain to happen. Restarting every few games will pretty much nix the problem.

This is probably why I haven't seen it, I seem to crash on exit every 3rd game or so.

Neon Belly posted:

If my squadmate crashes and can't come back into game, I'd like to not be punished for killing him and taking his items.

This.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Neon Belly posted:

It's much easier to maneuver in small spaces with this and gives you much more vision. For close quarters combat where you're clearing a building it should be your default stance. Don't toggle over iron sights unless you need to make a shot around a corner and you already know where the enemy is. There's basically no reason to ever use the shotgun iron sights over the RMB view

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Neon Belly posted:

Switching to first-person takes longer, the FOV in that perspective is locked to a hilariously low level so you could accidentally lose track of your target, and locking your view in that mode puts you at a disadvantage.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Neon Belly posted:

The transition is faster and less disorienting, the sight won't obscure as much of your screen and you can easily switch out of it when it's time to disengage.

For ranges below 30 meters or so it's probably the better option.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Neon Belly posted:

So put reconnecting in. This function apparently already exists on custom servers.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I use the hold down for point-blank to short range fights where ADS is a liability. When I first started playing this game I pretty much exclusively used ADS and it cost me a ton of deaths because it's that much harder to track something at close range.

idk I guess whatever works.

Also, when holding down you move even slower so you make a little less noise so it's useful for that too.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Snapes N Snapes posted:

H1Z1 doesn't have these and it's much more fun playing with knockout and dbno. It's not like people are rezzing out in the open, and frankly the mechanic kind of stops existing in the later circles.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Neon Belly posted:

"Ok i'm gonna kill him and take his stuff since he crashed."

"Do you have a silenced weapon?"

"I have this sickle." :getin:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Deviant posted:

"Ok i'm gonna kill him and take his stuff since he crashed."

"Do you have a silenced weapon?"

"I have this sickle." :getin:

I hope the takedowns they add in the game work on friendlies.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Playing on the asian servers is a turkey shoot, they're so bad it's awesome.

yeah it's a lot of fun! I've only played 3 games solo, but I won two and got top 10 in the other game haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

• Locked thread