Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
fc5 looks pretty good

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
even if the game is mediocre the fact that it made these dweebs so loving mad will mean it's game of the year

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I wish in fc4 you got to play the game on the side of the primary antagonist

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
its p lol that a bunch of nerds are upset about a poverty tourism murder game once it takes place in the us

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

bump_fn posted:

its p lol that a bunch of nerds are upset about a poverty tourism murder game once it takes place in the us

it is extremely lol and i don't even know what a far cry is

http://zippy.gfycat.com/OptimisticVengefulBuzzard.webm

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

bump_fn posted:

justified the game sounds pretty good, imo.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

as a Gamer (mind the capital G) i am all for murdering ostensibly bad people as long as they don't have the same skin color as me

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Shaggar posted:

I wish in fc4 you got to play the game on the side of the primary antagonist

you kind of can, sort of. if you stay for dinner with him at the beginning of the game he becomes your friend and lets you spread your mom's ashes, and the credits roll. it gives new meaning to the game's "theme song" by the clash

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah I want to continue the game from that point

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Enough is enough UbiSoft. We’ve sat through your multicultural lectures and your preachy games aimed at degenerates and miscegenators. We’ve tolerated it in the name of gameplay design and innovation. But no more! Far Cry 5 is an insult to your fanbase, the Americans who make up the majority of your customers, and it’s time you woke up to that fact. Change this, or cancel it.

because somebody who's unhappy with "miscegenators" is going to want multiracially harmonious groups? :thunk:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ArmZ posted:

it is extremely lol and i don't even know what a far cry is

http://zippy.gfycat.com/OptimisticVengefulBuzzard.webm
its basically like a gta game only in the countryside, if that makes sense. a countryside vigilante simulator. first game was set in fake micronesia, second was in africa, third was somewhere in pacific, and the fourth was in asia, so you get whats' the antag like in all of them.

fast forward to this nerdrage - farcry 5 takes place in montana, and the main antagonist is a white hipster pastor leading a band of white necbeard doomsday prepper catholic cultists

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

its basically like a gta game only in the countryside, if that makes sense. a countryside vigilante simulator. first game was set in fake micronesia, second was in africa, third was somewhere in pacific, and the fourth was in asia, so you get whats' the antag like in all of them.

fast forward to this nerdrage - farcry 5 takes place in montana, and the main antagonist is a white hipster pastor leading a band of white necbeard doomsday prepper catholic cultists

montana has the most militias per capita i think so good choice on location ubisoft

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ArmZ posted:

montana has the most militias per capita i think so good choice on location ubisoft

even if it was entirely logically the rage of white amerigamers is extremely delivering

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Oh god its so great

quote:

Have the villains simply be misguided patriots forced into making their own nation vs. the will of an oppressive over-government, construed of all the people they turn their wrath against in their immediate surroundings. Their brutal physical and sexual violence towards their oppressors will then be explained as a reaction to harsh government policies and taxation, to show that both sides are wrong.

I mean can't we show both sides to this complex issue? I mean sure rape and murder and stuff... but what about taxes you guys? They sure are high!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'm absolutely Poes Law'd by that petition; the 'romantic partners' bit screams JOKE but the rest is purestrain Reddit MRA.

lost me at "boltair"

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
I especially like the whole "You can tell who rules a society by who you're not allowed to criticize" contrasted with "You're not allowed to show right-wing white people as the villains". Plus, WRT the whole "Just add a black/Hispanic or three", Montana is 86% non-Hispanic-White, with .6% black and 3% Hispanic, and I'll bet anything those are concentrated in the cities rather than the countryside. Making the apocalypse cult exclusively white isn't reverse racism, it's simple realism.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that post petition has got to be fake -- it's too perfectly constructed

however, i can see/have seen every single one of those elements posted in earnest individually, which is why it's so convincing

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Trabant posted:

i can't figure out whether i'm the misspelled name or the misattributed quote

I'm the miscegenation

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
miscegenate me daddy

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
It's exactly as real as that "hope your white child dies #blm" tweet that's been making the rounds.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Mot_chy/status/868429010476318721

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

amazing

burning swine
May 26, 2004

PyPy posted:

Since I know there are dudes with random knowledge in here, I have a question. I am watching "The Battle of Midway" on Netflix, and I see all the fighter pilots carrying this flat board out of the cockpit. What is it?

3 pages late but

that's a TBF-1C avenger, and the pilot is indeed carrying the map/navigation board. it's a plywood board that is inserted int a little drawer right at the front of the cockpit. You can see it under the gauges in this pic:

and here's a GIS'd screenshot of the board pulled out from some lovely game

e: the avenger is not a fighter, but some fighters, inc. the F6F hellcat which would have been present at Midway also had the same thing

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

this is the most fun game i've played in a long time

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
courtesy of chinar thred

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
there's a whole bunch

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i am james donkey

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i legit have a james donkey mouse (the 112) and im using it right now!!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

courtesy of chinar thred

*extremely crysis suit voice*

MAXIMUM... uh, hmm.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rex-Goliath posted:

it's a blast but i am already being left behind by the sperglords and lifefree teenagers

for about 2 weeks i was able to keep up, but i've put like, i dunno, 20 hours into it in total and the top players are already in the thousands. it's how every online game goes. they aren't for adults or people with lives outside the game

however i am still able to enjoy it, at least, by playing it as arma, crawling everywhere on my belly and being extraordinarily cautious, and getting like 1-2 kills max but being in the top 5 every match just by attrition so that's p cool

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Rex-Goliath posted:

I picked Neon Chrome out of my Steam backlog at random last night, a cyberpunk roguelite twin-stick shooter. 10pm I thought I'd have an hour or two, it was 3am when I noticed the time :o: Well worth it at the asking price, I think I got it in a bundle for next to nothing so :thumbsup:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i play only the finest eastern european fps/rpg hybrids and german rpgs

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sagebrush posted:

it's a blast but i am already being left behind by the sperglords and lifefree teenagers

for about 2 weeks i was able to keep up, but i've put like, i dunno, 20 hours into it in total and the top players are already in the thousands. it's how every online game goes. they aren't for adults or people with lives outside the game

however i am still able to enjoy it, at least, by playing it as arma, crawling everywhere on my belly and being extraordinarily cautious, and getting like 1-2 kills max but being in the top 5 every match just by attrition so that's p cool

if they don't already they're going to have ranked servers so don't worry about it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I picked Neon Chrome out of my Steam backlog at random last night, a cyberpunk roguelite twin-stick shooter. 10pm I thought I'd have an hour or two, it was 3am when I noticed the time :o: Well worth it at the asking price, I think I got it in a bundle for next to nothing so :thumbsup:
if were recommending cheap-tier steam games ive had a lot of fun recently playing star realms, a pared-to-the-basics deckbuilder. base game is free, additional card sets and features are dlc

a perfect ten minute time killer

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf6-GnxbDxI this one is good. fun campy deus ex like game. be sure to look up all the patches you need because audio is completely hosed up without it

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

they also did xenus 2: white gold which is the real far cry

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Honest_Hillary/status/869571193581568001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009