Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Stephen A Smith has predicted a Game 7 GSW win, so that means Cavs sweep.

https://streamable.com/alg74

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Spacebump posted:

Imagine if Jordan had to face a team in the Finals as good as any of those 7.

Jordan wouldn't lose to the Mavericks

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Thanks SAS

E

Lockback posted:

Stephen A Smith has predicted a Game 7 GSW win, so that means Cavs sweep.

poo poo!!!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WHO loving CARES ABOUT MICHAEL JORDAN

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jordan wouldn't have made us wait a week between playoff series.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ajkalan posted:

I remember it always being Blaha and Laimbeer on WB (i.e. the good and fun broadcasts) and McLeod and Kelser on Fox (the not-as-good broadcasts).

BTW Cleveland fans, does Fred McLeod still refer to shots that bounce around on the rim as a "rubber rim job"? Because that always made me snicker.

Fred McLeod broadcasts were fun as hell actually. I vividly remember him screaming "Chauncey Billups, are you INSANE?!?!?" after a clutch shot.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

ajkalan posted:

I remember it always being Blaha and Laimbeer on WB (i.e. the good and fun broadcasts) and McLeod and Kelser on Fox (the not-as-good broadcasts).

BTW Cleveland fans, does Fred McLeod still refer to shots that bounce around on the rim as a "rubber rim job"? Because that always made me snicker.

Rubber rim comes up yeah, but I think he learned to leave job off

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jordan embraced his hair loss, rather than hiding it with a headband, getting (terrible) hair plugs, and denying on live TV that he is going bald.

Can't be the GOAT if you are insecure about your own appearance.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

RCarr posted:

Jordan embraced his hair loss, rather than hiding it with a headband, getting (terrible) hair plugs, and denying on live TV that he is going bald.

Can't be the GOAT if you are insecure about your own appearance.

On the other hand being too confident in your own appearance leads to this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It also leads into deciding to shoot a commercial while wearing a Hitler mustache.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DeimosRising posted:

2012 Celtics were good. Best D in the league, took the Heat to a moderately close 7 games. Might have won if Bradley had not dislocated his shoulder. 13 Pacers were good too, also had the best D in the league and took them to 7. Might have won had Danny Granger's career not been effectively ended by his injury the previous season.
Atlanta won 60 games in 14-15 and their whole team was named All-Stars. I think LeBron swept them in the ECF so now they're nto even considered good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That Hawks team wasn't good SRS-wise. Boston this year was the 1st seed but their point differential made them one of the worst of all time.

Also, you seriously bringing up eastern all-stars?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It also leads into deciding to shoot a commercial while wearing a Hitler mustache.

MJ takes the Hitler stache and makes it the MJ stache.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Spacebump posted:

Imagine if Jordan had to face a team in the Finals as good as any of those 7.

God I never even really think about it but yeah, the Spurs at the height of their power twice, the best team in NBA history three times, the Durant-Westbrook-Harden-Ibaka Thunder, and the.... Mavs. How the hell are the Mavs one of the times he lost?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i'd have to think hitler'd be upset at having his style aped by a known Gambler

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He had to stop his steroid use for medical reasons.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Fast Luck posted:

Atlanta won 60 games in 14-15 and their whole team was named All-Stars. I think LeBron swept them in the ECF so now they're nto even considered good.

I don't think those Hawks ever had a shot at a championship which is what he said. I think 2012 Boston could probably would beat the Thunder that year. Pacers probably don't beat the 13 Spurs but they put up a fight. If Lebron choked on a chicken wing and died the Hawks would just have been delaying their sweep one series. They were fun to watch though.

edit: yall being very disrespectful to Dirk and Tyson right now and its upsetting

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lavar Ball is a good coach

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Lavar Ball is a good coach dad

This image does nothing to dispel the notion that he's trying to live vicariously through his sons

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

This image does nothing to dispel the notion that he's trying to live vicariously through his sons

Is that a notion or indisputable natural law?

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 30, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tae posted:

That Hawks team wasn't good SRS-wise. Boston this year was the 1st seed but their point differential made them one of the worst of all time.

Oh they were all named all-stars not because they were actually that good individually but because people were so impressed by the Hawks' success. But what that means and what my point is is that people saw them at that time as a good team. Now they're just regarded as trash LeBron stepped over. Maybe they weren't championship caliber if that's an argument that I lost the thread of at some point

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tae posted:

That Hawks team was 4th is SRS. How is that not good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Because in context, the Hawks were 4th with a 4 SRS while the actual contenders were 10, 7, 6. The Hawks were technically the 4th best team, but they weren't actually considered contenders outside of injuries.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

hawks that year were a paper tiger, sort of like the raptors have been the last couple seasons. a team built for the regular season that just craters in the playoffs.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tae posted:

Because in context, the Hawks were 4th with a 4 SRS while the actual contenders were 10, 7, 6. The Hawks were technically the 4th best team, but they weren't actually considered contenders outside of injuries.

Im literally responding to your post where you say "The Hawks were not good SRS wise"

So what you actually meant was, The Hawks were good SRS wise but bad in other ways, got it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Glad someone finally listens to reason.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

God I never even really think about it but yeah, the Spurs at the height of their power twice, the best team in NBA history three times, the Durant-Westbrook-Harden-Ibaka Thunder, and the.... Mavs. How the hell are the Mavs one of the times he lost?

It was a pretty great team and also Lebron choked in the face of the challenge of outdueling Jason Terry in a 7 game series.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

TBeats posted:

Jordan wouldn't lose to the Mavericks

A pre NBA Dirk famously torched Pippen for about 50 while he was trying to shut him down. Jordan Bulls wouldn't be able to handle an offense (or defense) as modern as the 11 Mavs. It'd be like their series with the Lakers almost.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Dutchy posted:

It was a pretty great team and also Lebron choked in the face of the challenge of outdueling Jason Terry in a 7 game series.

It forced the Heat to recognize that all of their success runs through LeBron and that he needed shooters around him. Their 3P% was just awful that series and Chalmers was the only person taking them on a regular basis.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/869612259517116417

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
So I know y'all been clamoring for your boy to bring those David Lee centric highlights videos and the highest concentration of David Lee dunks ever been devised by man
I got you
https://mobile.twitter.com/spurs/status/869512500345053184
Get hype

It's like the best sequel to 300

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Intruder posted:

They basically shut down Lebron's ability to drive (20 fta), he didn't have his jumpshot (9/28 from 3), his bench was awful, and the Mavs shooters were lights out.

Lebron is always looking for the "smart basketball play" and the Mavs knew this, so they basically exploited his AI to force him to pass to his teammates. It didn't always work.

Also, that Mavs team was clutch as hell. They just took over at the end of the fourth.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

it also forced lebron to be the first man to ever work out with hakeem and come out of it with a real post game so it was worth it imo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah the "X center worked out with Hakeem" thing was always funny.

"All you have to do is have ridiculously quick feet, superb balance, feather light touch on the ball and enough speed and strength to make your defender look like a fool"

And of course Lebron fits that bill

I still remember the whole "Dwight worked with Hakeem!" offseason followed by him bricking those same weak lefty hooks as before

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 30, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

LeBron and Kobe were the only two guys to work out with Hakeem with any level of success.

I remember when LeBron first started showing off post moves in that first championship run and people were all :monocle:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Let's go back to a simpler time when people thought Javale McGee could be a big time player and Amare had awesome shorts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2YkRm2VjT0

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I don't think LeBron really has post moves. He just figured out that refs aren't gonna call a foul on his pushoff when he posts then drives to the basket.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

E2M2 posted:

I don't think LeBron really has post moves. He just figured out that refs aren't gonna call a foul on his pushoff when he posts then drives to the basket.

:thunk:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

E2M2 posted:

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I think we found out who wrote that letter to Matt Moore.

• Locked thread