Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
I don't really want to delve into the gross puddle too much, but is all the really icky Aris stuff mostly in the past and he's now either just learnt to hide it or legitimately a better person? Or does he just stay on the mat when doing high profile stuff like commenting while being a giant turd on his own stream?

Also is MadDogJin still around? At least I think that was his name? I remember him being considered The Best way back and it was a lot of fun watching him play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I haven't played Tekken more seriously than just a few rounds at a friend's place or arcade in what has to be a decade (a dekken if you will) but I am insanely hype for this. Injustice scratched my itch for a good rear end MK game but nothing feels like Tekken.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
They added Nina's TTT2 costume so this is GOTY for me

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

tyblazitar posted:

I don't really want to delve into the gross puddle too much, but is all the really icky Aris stuff mostly in the past and he's now either just learnt to hide it or legitimately a better person? Or does he just stay on the mat when doing high profile stuff like commenting while being a giant turd on his own stream?

Also is MadDogJin still around? At least I think that was his name? I remember him being considered The Best way back and it was a lot of fun watching him play.

Aris has honestly improved a LOT since The Incident. I mean, he's still something of a offensive, but I watch his stream a fair bit and the sexist stuff seems gone entirely. He's far less offensive than Zhi at this point, and the man clearly does love Tekken, and is great at commentating it.

Jimmy J Tran is the best US Tekken player, but he doesn't seem to show up a lot recently. Anakin, Princess Ling, Speedkicks and Bronson probably round out the top 5

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Unironically hype to play this thing super casually and play dress up.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Glenn Quebec posted:

yea I'm gonna 100% be a perma-scrub but I can be a perma-scrub playing pretty kung-fu princess barbie and still having fun so still worth the money.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Story mode looks cool too

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Glenn Quebec posted:

I love getting hatemail for having my fightman barbies wear pretty dresses :3

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I've been playing Tekken off and on since 1 was in arcades and I'm still poo poo scrub tier. Feel free to add me on PSN if you're not getting it on master race PC. Username is Degasa.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
oh yea I'm also apparently on the wrong trolley getting this on PSN. I'm at SirBadgington if anyone wants to wreck me as I desperately try to remember my combos

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

oh yea I'm also apparently on the wrong trolley getting this on PSN. I'm at SirBadgington if anyone wants to wreck me as I desperately try to remember my combos

I am 99% sure that PSN will have a significantly larger player base, but all the fun goons are gonna be on pc. Hell I'll probably double dip if there are as many more psn players as I think there will be.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

boxcarhobo posted:

I am 99% sure that PSN will have a significantly larger player base, but all the fun goons are gonna be on pc. Hell I'll probably double dip if there are as many more psn players as I think there will be.

I triple dipped when UMvC3 dropped since I had friends on both Xbone and PS4, and I wanted to see what mods looked like on PC. Probably wouldn't have done it if I didn't have Steam and Xbox credits. :D

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I heard that there are no arcade mode endings in the home release. Sucks, if true. :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That would be in line with the DLC cash grab of most games, but would be exactly the opposite of what Tekken has always done before.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I'd double-dip but I don't own a PS4 so if you want me to teach you Tekken lessons w/ my feet and fists get the game on :pcgaming: and come to Discord to hang out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Medullah posted:

That would be in line with the DLC cash grab of most games, but would be exactly the opposite of what Tekken has always done before.

yea it wouldn't be insanely out of line with normal games but for Tekken that'd be a pretty disappointing route to go

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
This game has a huge robust story mode though so they might have decided that high-effort Arcade Mode endings are kind of redundant.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Unlucky7 posted:

I heard that there are no arcade mode endings in the home release. Sucks, if true. :(

I'm guessing the story mode replaces them?

Brosnan posted:

This game has a huge robust story mode though so they might have decided that high-effort Arcade Mode endings are kind of redundant.

Any idea how long it is? Injustice length or something more substantial?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brosnan posted:

Fair, I haven't looked a ton into what the actual modes are so if it turns out story mode is a big deal I can live with Arcade Mode getting a bit of a hit.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
I bet the split won't be as lopsided as you'd expect. Tekken is really popular the world over and it hasn't had a PC release before.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Injustice 2's story mode was 76 fights and two and a half hours of cutscenes, if Tekken 7's is more substantial than that, that would be crazy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Injustice 2's story mode was 76 fights and two and a half hours of cutscenes, if Tekken 7's is more substantial than that, that would be crazy

Yea Injustice has kinda spoiled me between (in my opinion at least) the best fighting game story mode I've played and stuff like the multiverse rotations and all.

I won't be, like, MAD if Tekken 'just' has a traditional fighting game story mode and a kinda normal arcade mode where it's just 'fight these guys, you won, nice, here's some fight money', that's pretty much the norm and I'm sure Tekken can do those well enough to be great. It will be a bit of a comedown though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
oh hey speaking of features, this came out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Pp_aJs5c4

well at least it seems it will have the injustice 'go right from cutscenes to fighting' thing, which is really cool. I'm also into them knowing us scrubs need help in story mode so apparently that's easy-combo central.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Who needs arcade endings when you have

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I won't be home on my PC until late June but it's crazy to think T7 is finally going to be in everyone's grubby hands in like 3 loving days.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
pre-load is available on steam right now, if anyone didn't know

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone try pre-loading on PS4?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

36 gig download, that's going to take days for my poo poo-slow internet.

Also what's this puddle/aris nonsense?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Aris has a long history of being a disgusting shithead (saying racist, sexist, etc. poo poo on streams because lol funny), which peaked at a major Capcom-sponsored marketing event for Street Fighter x Tekken. The format was a full weeklong reality-show-style streamed competition between Team Street Fighter and Team Tekken, each comprised of well known members of the FGC and appointed a head coach to help them win tournament elimination matches against members of the other team. Aris was the coach of Team Tekken, but instead of helping his team get better at the game, he spent hours at a time on stream sexually harassing Super Yan (aka Miranda), talking about her body, smelling her hair, etc. She felt disgusted and humiliated and it eventually go to the point where she didn't want to be there anymore, but after talking to the producers about wanting to go home they insisted that she stay. So she threw her tournament match to get out of having to compete in that environment, and the whole thing blew up and became news outside of just FGC circles. Aris's response to all this was not to apologize for his actual behavior, but rather to say "Sorry if anyone was offended but this is what the FGC is supposed to be like so stop trying to sanitize it."

He ostensibly says fewer racist and sexist things now than he used to but there's no real reason to believe that he felt what he did was wrong or that he has grown as a person since then.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Wow that's so much creepier/douchier than I was expecting, but somehow I'm not surprised because I've seen similar "OMG a girl" behaviour without a glimmer of remorse or self awareness before in groups with a drastic gender disparity.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
aris is this guy that said and did real bad gross stuff on stream 5 years ago and said and did good stuff on tekken tutorials recently

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Aris is an open-minded progressive person

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Aris is weird. I don't watch west coast stuff so my only experience is cross Tekken and YouTube vids. I seen a vid where he takes bong hits every ten minutes while hiding his cam under a shoebox. Really weird that he still gets to do all these Tekken commentating stuff considering his history. Guessing it's a noel brown type of a thing.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I mean I also don't believe Aris has actually learned his lesson as much as he's learned to keep that poo poo to himself, but I genuinely enjoyed his expanded commentary on Tanakuna at Combo Breaker which had no hint of "she's pretty good.............for a GIRL" or talking about how attractive she is or whether she has a boyfriend or learned to play from a man or any of that kinda poo poo I would fully expect to hear on some regular rear end Esports commentary, so good job to him on that.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Brosnan posted:

He ostensibly says fewer racist and sexist things now than he used to but there's no real reason to believe that he felt what he did was wrong or that he has grown as a person since then.

I'm a fan of Aris and his stream/commentary so just to offer a little bit of evidence in his defense, he did an interview with the Daily Dot last year where he talks about Cross Tekken and how he believes he made a big mistake acting the way he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMxgGskkec4&t=4290s

Granted its not the repentance that a lot of people are looking for but he does mention that he formally apologized to SuperYan at Strong Style, that they are still friends, and that he has learned a lot from it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Looking super forward to this. Tekken has been my series since the first game and it takes loving forever for Namco to release anything so gimme this poo poo.

Scrub tier for life, going PS4 because that seems to be where the playerbase will be.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

poe meater posted:

Aris is weird. I don't watch west coast stuff so my only experience is cross Tekken and YouTube vids. I seen a vid where he takes bong hits every ten minutes while hiding his cam under a shoebox. Really weird that he still gets to do all these Tekken commentating stuff considering his history. Guessing it's a noel brown type of a thing.

Imagine if it came out that a prominent fgc member used drugs. The scandal..... I can't even begin 2 imagine

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'll be doing PS4 as well because that is where all my fighting games are now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlestonJew posted:

I'll be doing PS4 as well because that is where all my fighting games are now

Yeah i got like 30 fighters on ps4 now cause i have no pc :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Imagine if it came out that a prominent fgc member used drugs. The scandal..... I can't even begin 2 imagine

weed is a performance enhancing drug for tekken and probably all fgs