Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

How do people make the homebrew cards, is it just Photoshop or is there an easy peasy template/creator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Search for "strange eons" for custom card stuff

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
First, you need a terrible idea.....

I just use Photoshop, but that Strange Eons thing can be a lot easier.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

First, you need a terrible idea.....

I just use Photoshop, but that Strange Eons thing can be a lot easier.

Believe me, I have plenty of those.

Speaking of; a card that says "You may perform a free boost or barrel roll". Does that get affected by the rule about not doing the same action twice in a turn? You can't if it says action but what if it doesn't call it an action?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Speaking of; a card that says "You may perform a free boost or barrel roll". Does that get affected by the rule about not doing the same action twice in a turn? You can't if it says action but what if it doesn't call it an action?

No, it's still just one. There's no difference between "a boost" and "a boost action." (You should use the second one, though, just to avoid that kind of thinking.)

You can never do the same action twice unless the card *explicitly* says you may do the action even if you have already done it.

Example:

BROKEN BULLSHIT CARD
-5 points
Modification

ACTION: You may perform a free boost action. You may perform the free boost action even if you have already performed a boost action this turn.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I think most of the cards say stuff like "free barrel roll action" like BB-8. If there is a card that just says free barrel roll, I would consider that an action unless it specifically said "perform a 1-straight or 1-bank maneuver" instead of "perform a boost"

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
'Free action' just means it does not take the place of your 'one action a turn' action.
For example, you can't take a focus with Jake Farrell, do a boost off the the focus, then do a boost with his regular action.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The one I was thinking of was K4. Free Target Lock is slightly different than a roll/boost so it makes sense that they would still be only once per turn.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Not yet. The game doesn't have the rules technology to implement that. You could say it's by design, since maybe they wanted to differentiate actions that have physical tokens to be able to do so. They could probably do a similar thing by phrasing it something like "place a 1-straight template next to....and replace the ship on the other side" to tiptoe around calling it a barrel roll action, but it's clunky.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The one I was thinking of was K4. Free Target Lock is slightly different than a roll/boost so it makes sense that they would still be only once per turn.

The various token-based actions (focus, target lock, evade, etc) all get around the once-per-round ruling by using specific key words like "acquire a target lock" or "assign an evade token".

The acquire/assign verbiage allows cards to give a ship one of those things even if they are unable to take actions or did such an action already.

As far as I know there is no equivalent to assign/acquire for boost and barrel roll. You can kinda get there for boost by making it "execute a white [1 bank left] [1 straight] [1 bank right] maneuver"

But even that has some fundamental differences in a way the token actions do not.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This is pretty cool, and a little overdue; FFG is putting out a Veterans style expansion to beef up the StarViper and Kihraxz.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/5/30/fearless-and-inventive/

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Those are some aggressive as hell fixes! Makes me not regret buying a StarViper for Autothrusters.

The Kihraxz gets a 0 point title that lets them equip 3 modifications (each one costs 1 point less then usual) and a 25 point pilot that gives stress to their attacker when they roll more or less then 2 defense dice.

The StarViper gets a -3 point title that forces them to use bank templates for barrel rolls. They can still equip Virago alongside the new title.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 30, 2017

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Scum aces box also comes with 2x Pulsed Ray Shield, so you don't have to get the C-ROC to get them, which is pretty cool.

Four condition cards in this box. :captainpop:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

StarViper: · Guri (27)
Push The Limit (3)
· Virago (1)
Fire Control System (2)

Kihraxz Fighter: · Talonbane Cobra (28)
Push The Limit (2)
Engine Upgrade (3)
Vectored Thrusters (1)

Protectorate Starfighter: · Fenn Rau (28)
Push The Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
-- TOTAL ------- 100. --

Could be fun. Not convinced Talonbane is worth it. Hopefully they have new pilot cards for Guri to make her a PS7 or something without changing her cost much. Her and Xizor should have been switched.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 30, 2017

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Those are some aggressive as hell fixes! Makes me not regret buying a StarViper for Autothrusters.

The Kihraxz gets a 0 point title that lets them equip 3 modifications (each one costs 1 point less then usual) and a 25 point pilot that gives stress to their attacker when they roll more or less then 2 defense dice.

The StarViper gets a -3 point title that forces them to use bank templates for barrel rolls. They can still equip Virago alongside the new title.

All upgrades are a point less, not just mods

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The Kirazhhhz is now a better T-65 X Wing than the T-65 X Wing is

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Holy poo poo that Khiraxz title is bonkers. Starviper title is great too.

And those paint jobs whoa.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lazerus06 posted:

All upgrades are a point less, not just mods

:popeye:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

canyoneer posted:

The Kirazhhhz is now a better T-65 X Wing than the T-65 X Wing is

Guns for Hire gives me hope that the long overdue T65 buff expac is on the horizon.

And rebellions are built on hope.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Bank barrel rolls are awesome. I am totally in.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

Bank barrel rolls are awesome. I am totally in.

And they can take Advanced Sensors. To bank/roll BEFORE they move.

Their maneuverability is going to be ridiculous. Like mini Echos.

Edit: poo poo, more so, since they can PTL off the Adv Sensors to boost/bank-roll prior to dial reveal. Holy poo poo.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

That red and black scheme makes me want to paint a whole mess of Starvipers in X and black.

Like the beautiful butterflies they are.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I'm glad those Kihraxzes and Star Vipers I bought will see play some day, but that Vaksai title just walks all over Royal Guard TIE's niche.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Poopy Palpy posted:

I'm glad those Kihraxzes and Star Vipers I bought will see play some day, but that Vaksai title just walks all over Royal Guard TIE's niche.

Ehhh, maybe. Interceptors only ever want three modifications: Autothrusters, SD and Targeting Computer in that order. The rest are pretty useless for them. Kihraxzs can make use of a lot of different modifications that they normally wouldn't due to costs and only having one slot.

If you want to say that the Interceptor should have more options for mods, that's a good point.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

AndyElusive posted:

Guns for Hire gives me hope that the long overdue T65 buff expac is on the horizon.

And rebellions are built on hope.

This is a posting thread, isn't it?

I post.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

That red and black scheme makes me want to paint a whole mess of Starvipers in X and black.

Like the beautiful butterflies they are.

Black Sun is a good as Hell theme too and the more they release stuff in that the more I want to actually fly scum and get some transfer decals for the BS logo and stuff.

But I would rather play Imps and Rebs by a far margin still.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

If you want to say that the Interceptor should have more options for mods, that's a good point.

Time to put on my terrible home brew hat:

181st Ace
Title, 0 points. TIE Interceptor Only.
You may equip up to 2 different titles.
If you are assigned damage or dealt damage cards from a source other than an attack or the text of a damage card, cancel that damage and/or do not assign those cards.
When defending against an attack that states you cannot cancel [hit] and/or [crit] results with evade results, you may cancel those results with evade results normally.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 30, 2017

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

I absolutely love the idea of that banked barrel roll, seems fantastic.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Hell yes, buffs for my precious StarViper boys! :dance:

Also dammit, I wish I could see the new colors for these. FF is blocked at work. Can someone do me a solid and post some screenshots of the new color schemes?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder if one of those named Starvipers has an ability to ignore the "must" part of the title, like that Striker pilot.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

And they can take Advanced Sensors. To bank/roll BEFORE they move.

Their maneuverability is going to be ridiculous. Like mini Echos.

Edit: poo poo, more so, since they can PTL off the Adv Sensors to boost/bank-roll prior to dial reveal. Holy poo poo.

Virago's uniqueness means you've only got one ship that's doing that with Advanced Sensors.
Virago being a unique title with a tie to Pilot Skill is so bogus. Looks like they are including a PS5 generic, which I expect will be carrying an EPT.

Squinting at the picture, it looks like the Harpooned! condition card is tied to the Harpoon Missile upgrade (2 copies of each)
Harpooned! condition reads:
When you are hit by an attack, if there is at least one uncancelled [CRIT] result, each other ship at range 1 suffers one damage. Then discard this card and receive one facedown damage card.

It also looks like the other 2 condition cards are tied to the PS4 named Starviper Pilot that starts with "Th".
Wonder what those do?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Royal Guard TIE Mk2: plus 1 agility, plus 1 hull. No second modification. 3 pts.

Basically, permanent stealth device, and you're less likey to be wiped off the map with a single unfortunate die roll.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Yassss aces packs are so my thing!! A little surprised there doesn't seem to be a new generic for the Khiraxz when the Starviper is getting one but whatever. Glad I hung onto those extra ships now.

Also I guess this is bound to happen now and then but lol at already sort of having those two paint jobs in my collection.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

TheCenturion posted:

Royal Guard TIE Mk2: plus 1 agility, plus 1 hull. No second modification. 3 pts.

Basically, permanent stealth device, and you're less likey to be wiped off the map with a single unfortunate die roll.

That sounds loving miserable to play against.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

IronSaber posted:

Hell yes, buffs for my precious StarViper boys! :dance:

Also dammit, I wish I could see the new colors for these. FF is blocked at work. Can someone do me a solid and post some screenshots of the new color schemes?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

TheCenturion posted:

The solution to red dice inflation is green dice inflation! :pseudo:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

TheCenturion posted:

Doesn't help against stuff that just outright pushes hits and crits on you, which personally I think is what made Interceptors so scarce.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Excited to play Kihraxz or Starviper is not an emotion I ever expected to have. but welp here we are

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

canyoneer posted:

The solution to red dice inflation is green dice inflation! :pseudo:

It's not inflation; it's stealth device as a title, without the 'goes away the first time you're hit' limitation.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Doesn't help against stuff that just outright pushes hits and crits on you, which personally I think is what made Interceptors so scarce.

That's what the extra hull is for. Not sure what else you could do, other than simply say 'Ignore any damage for which defense dice are not rolled.'

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Giving Interceptors some kind of limited immunity to bombs would be both a more effective and a less rock-paper-scissors fix then just perma-stealth device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

TheCenturion posted:

It's not inflation; it's stealth device as a title, without the 'goes away the first time you're hit' limitation.

You can call it whatever you like but it's still "Add 1 Agility." aka green dice inflation

The better fix for Interceptors is to fix the other broken poo poo in the game, imo. Get some of the crazy meta stuff clamped down and Interceptors will bubble up to the top again, I think. Although, the Palp nerf may have hit them too hard, idk.

• Locked thread