Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Radish posted:

Any "reasonable" Republican would have joined the Democrats by now. They are literally the party that is pro-assaulting reporters and surrounding themselves with white supremacist militias. There's no excuse for any "moderate" Republican to be on board with that so anyone left is at least comfortable with the party as it is. There are no decent Republicans left.

Hey, I didn't say they were good people, just that they were sane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Spicer is live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT3be2QBmE4

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spice press briefing is live!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

BarbarianElephant posted:

Hey, I didn't say they were good people, just that they were sane.

I'm a lot more scared of an evil but sane person than someone who's just crazy short of randomly setting off nukes.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Spicer looks like hell.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
I hope someone asks Spicer why he didn't get to see the pope

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
He does not look happy already. This should be fun.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Spicer looked sick having to read that bullshit line about failed leadership.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
It looks like someone shrunk his face. Also drat that is one sweaty forehead.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Piell posted:

It looks like someone shrunk his face.

You can't post that without also posting the gif.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
drunk at 2pm, slurring while reading from his prepared remarks

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

eyebeem posted:

Spicer looked sick having to read that bullshit line about failed leadership.

Whose?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

botany posted:

He said the same thing about Mexico. The US president literally has no idea what a trade deficit is, how that whole thing works, and how it ties into the national debt, aggregate demand and all those other things you're supposed to understand when you run a country.

Oh word? The same dude who called his traitorous NSA advisor at 3am to ask if a strong dollar was a good thing or bad thing is a dumb dumb. Got it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

RiggenBlaque posted:

I hope someone asks Spicer why he didn't get to see the pope

This got me to turn it on...

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Blitz7x posted:

Oh word? The same dude who called his traitorous NSA advisor at 3am to ask if a strong dollar was a good thing or bad thing is a dumb dumb. Got it

who the gently caress pissed in your cornflakes

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Trump ahead of Clinton!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

botany posted:

who the gently caress pissed in your cornflakes

Sorry, I was trying to dog pile on Trump and bring up the strong dollar thing because it makes me laugh. I wasn't trying insinuate that you didn't also know he was a dumb dumb

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
memoralize

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I love how these press briefing again. It's like blah blah blah trump did this trump did that blah blah blah ok now I'll take some questions ok you HOW DO YOU RESPOND TO ( whatever new daily scandal)!?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
loving lol he literally called it NEATO

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Numerous other issues none of which included climate change no sir.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

We are 4 months into this bullshit.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I hope someone asks him how it was to visit the pope.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
polijy

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Did previous president's press briefings have these kinds of "last week the president cured cancer, solved world hunger, ..." segments at the beginning? I find them hilarious.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
edit:^ fukkin lol

Press briefings are something that I've only recently begun paying attention to outside of the West Wing. Do they always sound like propaganda and so much blown smoke?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Spicer really is Baghdad Bob...

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Smol posted:

Did previous president's press briefings have these kinds of "last week the president cured cancer, solved world hunger, ..." segments at the beginning? I find them hilarious.

Yes, Spicer always starts by lying about how great Trump was yesterday.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Smol posted:

They always start out with an overview of what the president has done recently and will be doing. But yeah lately they are much more propaganda sounding

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Smol posted:

To a certain extent, yes, the point of these things is for the White House to push its agenda and the stuff its been doing that it wants the media to talk about.

But Spicer's pretty over the top about "this morning President Trump made a dookie like a big boy and we're all blown away by it." And it doesn't help that (a) they haven't accomplished a lot so they hype a lot of bullshit and (b) he's been on the defensive since Day 1.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/30/to-get-votes-in-rust-belt-democrats-pushing-progress-with-new-group.html

quote:

"It's hard to convince people around here sometimes how toxic our brand is. But, clearly the brand is damaged, and we need to see if something else can work."
-Rep. Tim Ryan, D-OH

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

scuz posted:

edit:^ fukkin lol

Press briefings are something that I've only recently begun paying attention to outside of the West Wing. Do they always sound like propaganda and so much blown smoke?

Spicer (or Sanders) gets up there and lets loose a long, wet fart about the trivial routine bullshit Trump is doing as propaganda to make it seem like he has a double-digit number of functioning brain cells. Then reporters grill him on the scandals of the week, Spicer yells at them and gets angry, then runs away.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
USA should be very concerned about its trade deficit with Vietnam :v:

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Huh. Someone finally gets it

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
KABOOOM

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Questions?

gently caress YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Spicer says the Kushner backchannel was just anonymous sources and not confirmed but that backchannels are a good thing

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I think it's very clear that gently caress you.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
A: Our unnamed sources are better than your unnamed sources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Wow, nicely sidestepped that one.

• Locked thread