Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
https://www.freerepublic.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Ayn Marx posted:

Come on we can be tolerable when we want to

I don't doubt that. And frankly I am willing to bet that most French are reasonable people who can show respect to others when given respect.

I just haven't met one of those kind.

facialimpediment posted:

Carter Page might not be as stupid as he looks/sounds.

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/869583599502327808

Carter Page is as stupid as he looks and sounds. And that Trump is bringing him back in to work on the Russian distraction team is :newlol:

Like.. How loving retarded are the people around Trump to think this is a good idea?

quote:

Donnie could sure use a lawyer, in fact his personal attor-

https://twitter.com/rickklein/status/869586644185296899

Oh.

All of them.

Everyone. Is. Linked. To. Russia.

Seriously.

My running theory is that the Russians literally built the campaign team. Its not collusion as much as they were literally put together by the Russians. I explained this to someone the other night and as I was doing it, it was making too much sense.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Sometimes I almost feel like I'm missing out because I've never been approached by Russians for anything

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The only time I've been approached by Russians is to buy their face cream in the mall

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

shyduck posted:

The only time I've been approached by Russians is to buy their face cream in the mall
Iz made of lend/lease machine grease and vodka, iz good.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Pesticide20 posted:

Sometimes I almost feel like I'm missing out because I've never been approached by Russians for anything

I made a wrong turn in Ocala once and a Russian approached me to ask if I was interested in his high quality heroin.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

White House communications director resigned.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.9c54bb4305d2

The Purge and Exodus has begun.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Thanks for recommending the wrongest take in history of anything, Google. It's even RT to boot! :thumbsup:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Pesticide20 posted:

Can you imagine how happily uncool the three GOP congressmen who weren't approached feel?
There should be a German compound noun for that feeling, too.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spice press briefing is live

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
What was so historic about it? Historically embarrassing?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Wasn't he supposed to get shitcanned?

And wasn't Comey supposed to testify yesterday? Did I miss a shitton of stuff?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Spicey is saying the press totally misquoted Angela Merkel. She totally didn't say that Germany could no longer rely on America. The outcome is totally what Trump intended to do, more shared burden and a fair relationship of friendship. :lol:

"The national security team is working on a "holistic solution" to the abject poverty which is the breeding ground for terrorism. Okay bud.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Spicey is saying the press totally misquoted Angela Merkel. She totally didn't say that Germany could no longer rely on America. The outcome is totally what Trump intended to do, more shared burden and a fair relationship of friendship. :lol:

"The national security team is working on a "holistic solution" to the abject poverty which is the breeding ground for terrorism. Okay bud.

I can't be the only person whose eyes start rolling the second someone utters the word "holistic". Holistic medicine, holistic solution... "Oh, okay, so you're either a loving moron or you're trying to sell me something by using meaningless buzzwords."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Everything is "historic", and they're always focusing on his "legacy". Unfortunately for them that's already in the trash heap.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

MAGA spokesman: knowledge and foreign experience is for the weak

Also MAGA spokesman: Merkel's comments have been misconstrued. If we consult the original text, and view within linguistic context...

(I've got to check out the original comments but I really doubt they got misreported)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Best Friends posted:

MAGA spokesman: knowledge and foreign experience is for the weak

Also MAGA spokesman: Merkel's comments have been misconstrued. If we consult the original text, and view within linguistic context...

(I've got to check out the original comments but I really doubt they got misreported)

They're ignoring the entirety of the outrage from German officials, and even her loving opponent in the election about Trump's disrespectful behavior and their concern with the course Trump's administration is taking.

They're pointing to a single article and saying "nu-uh", everything's fine with our relationship to Germany, which isn't even close to the context of Merkel's quote.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Arschloch means "awesome" in German, right?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Edit: [REDACTED]

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 30, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Accretionist posted:

Yeup. It's some weird poo poo.

psst he's making fun of you because he's too polite to straight up tell you to go the gently caress back to d&d hth

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Missionary Positron posted:

Where have you been for last week or so?

O R B

:dogbutton:

Occasionally I can't take this loving world and just hit last-page instead of working through the backlog of new posts about the Trumpster fire.

It's me, I am the shitposter.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

psst he's making fun of you because he's too polite to straight up tell you to go the gently caress back to d&d hth

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Boo, D&D sucks

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Accretionist posted:

Boo, D&D sucks

shut the gently caress up

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

I can't be the only person whose eyes start rolling the second someone utters the word "holistic". Holistic medicine, holistic solution... "Oh, okay, so you're either a loving moron or you're trying to sell me something by using meaningless buzzwords."

you're not - i almost missed this in my haste to make this exact same post. any meeting I am in I know I can discount the opinion of any person that uses that word. Doubly so if their email signature has "ITIL" appended to their name

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869509894688387072

He's half right which for him is pretty good

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

To paraphrase Winters from Band of Brothers: "They're not laughing at the US, Donnie, they're just laughing at you."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/...mbarrassment%2F

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Doubly so if their email signature has "ITIL" appended to their name

Might as well just yank the bandaid off all at once. Never seen ITIL so what does it mean?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Six Sigma for infosec

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

Might as well just yank the bandaid off all at once. Never seen ITIL so what does it mean?

"I can't qualify for ISC2 or SANS but I have a cert too!"

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

Six Sigma for infosec

sorta. it's intended to be a set of best practices for running a large IT organization, which includes all sorts of stuff. what this means in practice is that someone gets paid a lot of money to do nothing and say super obvious poo poo, just like with six sigma, kaizen, and all the other organizational frameworks that no one ever implements correctly because it requires making hard decisions and having tough conversations

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
ITIL has nothing to do with Infosec it's a governance thing

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

sorta. it's intended to be a set of best practices for running a large IT organization, which includes all sorts of stuff. what this means in practice is that someone gets paid a lot of money to do nothing and say super obvious poo poo, just like with six sigma, kaizen, and all the other organizational frameworks that no one ever implements correctly because it requires making hard decisions and having tough conversations

my company is doing some Alkoomi bullshit and lol trying to get construction workers onboard with poo poo like that

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Johnny beat me to it but,

milk milk lemonade posted:

ITIL has nothing to do with Infosec it's a governance thing

You're right, it's an affirmation that youre proficient in the ITIL controls/change framework, just like the PCI-QSA means the holder is proficient in the PCI-DSS framework, unfortunately IT managers with their eyes set on that sweet, sweet cyber budget are starting to lump it in with the real practicioner stuff.

Like most certifications outside of the OSCP and the hardercore SANS work, it just means you're pretty ok at multiple choice tests. The whole IT certification process is hot garbage and needs a hard reset.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/arturpetrosyan/status/869260920383578113?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Unfortunately Putin still among the living.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Deep State testing out their weather control super weapons for the first time since the cold war.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

I'm no meteorologist, but how does a hurricane hit a city with like a thousand miles of land between it and the nearest major body of water?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'm no meteorologist, but how does a hurricane hit a city with like a thousand miles of land between it and the nearest major body of water?

HAARP

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The answer definitely isn't climate change which is in no way real or man made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I feel like a hurricane in Moscow should have generated a few more headlines. I've heard more about Tiger Woods taking a nap in his car.

• Locked thread