Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

the president RETWEETED

God, can we just burn twitter to the ground already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

No Butt Stuff posted:

In 2020, I will invest in gun companies when whatever DEMOCRAT takes control

If you had invested in S&W stock when a Republican was President and sold it a year into a Democratic Presidency, then you would have outperformed the stock-market by about 63% from 1990 to present.

The only ways you could have consistently made more money with a single stock were during one-off events; like buying Citibank stock for pennies in late 2008 (it's worth ~$69 a share now and it was literally selling for pennies in December of 2008) or buying Amazon during its IPO and holding for 20 years.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I don't know how Spicer gets up there (almost, sort of) every day and does this job. It has to be so depressing.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Boohooo I can't president on normal mode, make it easier :qq:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I don't know how Spicer gets up there (almost, sort of) every day and does this job. It has to be so depressing.

two packs of cinnamon gum and three swigs of whisky

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Wait, the Newsmax guy is pressing Spicer on Duterte?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The President wants action! (Still hasn't nominated over 500 positions requiring Senate confirmation)

e: What waiver are they talking about it?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Wait, the Newsmax guy is pressing Spicer on Duterte?

Fighting drugs is good! Human rights also good! Moving on! :downs:

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If you had invested in S&W stock when a Republican was President and sold it a year into a Democratic Presidency, then you would have outperformed the stock-market by about 63% from 1990 to present.

The only ways you could have consistently made more money with a single stock were during one-off events; like buying Citibank stock for pennies in late 2008 (it's worth ~$69 a share now and it was literally selling for pennies in December of 2008) or buying Amazon during its IPO and holding for 20 years.

Don't forget Ford stock being in the 2 dollar range in 2008 or 9 when it looked like they were going bankrupt

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

we saved a lot of money, 119 BILLION!

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

POPE SMASH TERRORISM

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/869621571966689281

lol

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Sean Spicer: the President's dumbass tweets speak for themselves okay, stop making me try to clarify them. Gawd.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yes, those nine days abroad keeping us safe from... NATO?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
lol every one of these questions starts with "the president tweeted"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

You know you're giving a bad answer to "How much longer will we be in Iraq, and can we win?" when your answer includes "He met with the Pope."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Even with the Pope (who Trump stopped me from meeting) *gulp*

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Reporter: You just contradicted what you and the whitehouse have said

Spicer: nuh uh!

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Congressional leadership is talking to the Treasury Secretary: big, big win!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I too would describe Trump and Merkel's relationship as "unbelievable"

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
US - German relationship is "fairly unbelievable!"

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

The state of U.S.-German relations: fairly unbelievable

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Spicer is a token Republican. You know he gets aggressively drunk and yells and minorities and children.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Man, the spin on that Merkel quote :psyduck:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Charliegrs posted:

Huh. Someone finally gets it

I'm not so sure, they don't seem to understand that Pelosi is a symptom of the problem and not the cause. Pelosi is just an elected Soros to the right

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Can Spicer not stutter his way through a sentence

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm pretty sure the only thing Trump was calling for was less trading with Europe because he has no idea what a trade deficit is.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
hahaha drat that guy is openly hostile. i'm liking it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

See, the problem here is that its been so drat long since the last press conference that the reporters have like 50 scandals and messes to bring up and no time for followups or focus.

This is why the White House wants to cancel the daily briefings and do them sporadically. Makes it easier to dodge poo poo.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Hurray finally Democrats can shift to the center and away from the progressive wing of the party just like it has always needed.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

See, the problem here is that its been so drat long since the last press conference that the reporters have like 50 scandals and messes to bring up and no time for followups or focus.

Spicey getting loving raked over the coals about the Logan Act violation by Kushner and he keeps referring back to statements made by Kelly/McMaster.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spicer said he hasn't asked Trump if he believes in global warming

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Charliegrs posted:

Huh. Someone finally gets it

To be fair, Tim Ryan's suggestion is to be more economically populist, be more accepting of pro-life Democrats, and be less PC/don't explicitly talk about racial issues.

So, I don't think a lot of progressives are going to be super thrilled about the whole plan.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

botany posted:

hahaha drat that guy is openly hostile. i'm liking it

Why aren't more reporters like this?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

How can you not know if he believes that man made climate change is a thing?
You haven't asked him? What do you ask him?

Are we to infer that everything you say on the podium is the result of a question you've asked 45?

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Alright.

Sean just called Trump eloquent.

I think I'm done with the Universe for the day. I'm going to lay down and suck my thumb for a few hours.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Trump's words have had a positive effect on NATO. Europe's terrified and wants to unite against the US.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

eyebeem posted:

Alright.

Sean just called Trump eloquent.

I think I'm done with the Universe for the day. I'm going to lay down and suck my thumb for a few hours.

How is that surprising at this point

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

This is depressing.

HE IS THE BEST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
"the American people resoundingly chose him"