Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what happend? why did he flee.

They started pushing back a bit and he was losing control of the briefing as he always does, then he started ranting about Fake News and getting snipey as he always does, so he abruptly ran away before it got worse (because it was clearly going to).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Guys, like I've been saying. Cory. Booker. Sucks.

He also has weird connections to right wing jews that are pretty disturbing.

Yes, we know Cory Booker is no one's sweetheart, but did you have to inject the weird anti-Semitism?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
US/EU laptop travel ban no happening.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/30/united-states-no-laptop-ban-238939?cmpid=sf

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Started by a reporter asking for an example of fake news, gave the incredibly stupid example of people reporting on Trump's rude behavior at G7 and towards the Italian PM in particular, then started crying that they wouldn't act like good mouthpieces for the state when he got more and more pushback.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

There is no way in 2019 that a Democrat that defended Jared Kushner while he was neck deep in the Trump Russia poo poo (and not even from prosecution, just from having his security credentials removed) is going to get the nomination. Then you add in his shady connections to that guy and it's even more impossible. That would take the DNC actually doing some real hook or by crook poo poo and I can't think they like Booker THAT much to lose a second election to Trump just for that and really destroy their party.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/869626546084032516
Flynn is having a stroke

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The press corps started chanting "SPICER NO SPICING" at him in unison.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pellisworth posted:

This is getting too meta for me. Several reporters asking about rumors of the WH shaking up communication staff or messaging.

Is it true the White House is considering a change in its approach to messaging and communications?

I think the President has made it very clear, and speaks for himself. I can't comment on ongoing negotiations or investigations. You should ask that department. I'll get back to you when the President has made a decision.

POOF

my guess is press briefings made weekly by trump so he can jerk off about himself and yell and PISSSS when people call him out.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Office Pig posted:

Started by a reporter asking for an example of fake news, gave the incredibly stupid example of people reporting on Trump's rude behavior at G7 and towards the Italian PM in particular, then started crying that they wouldn't act like good mouthpieces for the state when he got more and more pushback.

It's heartening to know that the press isn't swallowing this poo poo at face value, at least.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I'll say this much for Kushner, at least he took Booker down with him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nice and good. hope one blows away erdgogan and many of his ISIS fuckbuddies.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fitzy Fitz posted:

The press corps started chanting "SPICER NO SPICING" at him in unison.

Aww maaaaan!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
So Wiegel responded to somebody about this Kathy Griffin thing that they refused to link:

https://twitter.com/TheAnonJournal/status/869618813289082880

Twitter is already abuzz with SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

my guess is press briefings made weekly by trump so he can jerk off about himself and yell and PISSSS when people call him out.
Trump would get destroyed, not showing his face for press conferences is the only thing keeping him from giving away information that implicates him.

Which means he might do it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

BarbarianElephant posted:

Yay random antisemitism.

Alter Ego posted:

Yes, we know Cory Booker is no one's sweetheart, but did you have to inject the weird anti-Semitism?

Get lost with that poo poo. I'm jewish myself, not that that has anything to do with fact that the right wing jews that Cory Booker associates himself with like the Kushners and Shumly Boteach are profoundly horrible people.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

No way for that to happen, business love their laptops too much.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol, i need a link now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT3be2QBmE4&t=4554s

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Radish posted:

There is no way in 2019 that a Democrat that defended Jared Kushner while he was neck deep in the Trump Russia poo poo (and not even from prosecution, just from having his security credentials removed) is going to get the nomination. Then you add in his shady connections to that guy and it's even more impossible. That would take the DNC actually doing some real hook or by crook poo poo and I can't think they like Booker THAT much to lose a second election to Trump just for that and really destroy their party.

Unless voters in 2019 don't give a poo poo about it. By 2019 the War with Germany might be a tad more important issue to voters.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

BarbarianElephant posted:

Yay random antisemitism.

http://www.alternet.org/grayzone-project/meet-cory-bookers-top-donor-group-right-wing-islamophobic-pro-israel-outfit-backs

quote:

NORPAC's agenda is well to the right of AIPAC, the main arm of the Israel lobby. In fact, the group gives Booker more than twice the amount of money he receives from Goldman Sachs: $158,871 in a single campaign cycle. NORPAC is run by Ben Chouake, a New Jersey doctor who endorsed Ted Cruz for president in the Republican primary and insinuated that Congressman Keith Ellison is unfit to be chair of the Democratic National Committee based on the fact that he receives donations from the Council on American Islamic Relations, the largest Muslim civil rights organization in America.

Despite knowing he cannot get Cory Booker to take right-wing stances on every issue, Chouake has discovered he can get Booker to take right-wing stances on Israel by ensuring he gives more money to Booker than anyone else. Haim Saban took a similar approach in donating to Hillary Clinton, stating, “If I'm not number one [in donations to Clinton], I'm going to cut my balls off.”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I wonder how many angry phone calls from Wall Street this took.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

Unless voters in 2019 don't give a poo poo about it. By 2019 the War with Germany might be a tad more important issue to voters.

If Booker is the only Democrat left to run in the 2019 primary we have bigger problems that his lovely buddies. Any Democrat running against him would be a fool not to beat him up about it or at the least start pushing it again from outside channels.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hahaha, gently caress YOU ERDOGAN

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

So Wiegel responded to somebody about this Kathy Griffin thing that they refused to link:

This is really dumb but since when has Kathy Griffin been part of the "left"?

Hell, I didn't even know she was still alive.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

It's heartening to know that the press isn't swallowing this poo poo at face value, at least.

In all seriousness, I'm glad they keep doing the Spicer briefings even if they're a zero-content propaganda shitshow. It means they still consider interacting with the news media to be important.

If we switch to Trump giving weekly press briefings (which would be 10x the circus can you even imagine) then we're two steps closer towards actual authoritarianism.

Alter Ego posted:

idk but she's a gay icon among other things

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

Radish posted:

If Booker is the only Democrat left to run in the 2019 primary we have bigger problems that his lovely buddies. Any Democrat running against him would be a fool not to beat him up about it or at the least start pushing it again from outside channels.

It's Julian Castro's opening to save the day.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Alter Ego posted:

Come on, dude, she's holding a severed POTUS head prop!

Are we gonna split hairs here?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's up in the air about how leftist Democrats will be in the run up to take on Trump but one thing I am 100% sure on is that it will also be about how much Trump sucks and who can gently caress him up the most. "Maybe we shouldn't rush to judgement on his criminal traitor son in law who funded my campaign guys...." idiot is going to last maybe one debate if he's arrogant enough to try.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Radish posted:

If you read the article, then you can see that he wasn't really defending Kushner.

He said that there should be an investigation and he should lose his security clearance if the investigation confirms the WaPo story, but not until the Senate has been able to investigate.

He's throwing off the DNC messaging, though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Let me say something else about right wing jews. Growing up in a jewish family and a jewish community, social justice is something jews take VERY seriously. That is why so many Jews were involved in the civil rights movement in the 60s and even today alot of jews who are right wing, like the Lloyd Blankfine's and Jamie Damon's of the world will still identify as democrats who just push tax cuts and neo liberal policy while still believing in the social justice tradition that is such a big party of the community. I just know from first hand knowledge that people who grow up with any semblance of jewish values and still end up in the world of far right wing politics are the worst people i've ever come in contact with almost without exception. They are completely without a moral core and if they have one it's poisoned with overwhelming racism and Islamophobia.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

https://twitter.com/emigre80/status/869537354859544577

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If you read the article, then you can see that he wasn't really defending Kushner.

He said that there should be an investigation and he should lose his security clearance if the investigation confirms the WaPo story, but not until the Senate has been able to investigate.

So he's the left-wing McCain?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It doesn't matter. There's no reason to make that kind of statement. Kushner isn't going to be randomly disappeared by Democrats and he's protected from any sort of witch hunt by Republican congress so making a stupid statement about how we have to know all the facts and do this by the books is a waste of time and just sets you up for these kinds of attacks. He's literally creating the impression that he's standing up for his money backer even if he's trying to just be Serious and Responsible in the age of Trump.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

The statue is a little more complex than it appears at first - the statue is actually a corporate product placed there to promote a specific company.

But people don't see it that way so this is going to get a lot of media play.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

theflyingorc posted:

The statue is a little more complex than it appears at first - the statue is actually a corporate product placed there to promote a specific company.

The author is dead, the artist doesn't control the interpretation of their art. All you're left with is an angry bro installing the bronze equivalent of a Calvin peeing sticker.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Radish posted:

It doesn't matter. There's no reason to make that kind of statement. Kushner isn't going to be randomly disappeared by Democrats and he's protected from any sort of witch hunt by Republican congress so making a stupid statement about how we have to know all the facts and do this by the books is a waste of time and just sets you up for these kinds of attacks. He's literally creating the impression that he's standing up for his money backer even if he's trying to just be Serious and Responsible in the age of Trump.

I agree it is dumb and hurts the messaging.

But Booker is on the Foreign Relations Committee. He wants his committee to investigate, hold hearings, and be involved. This seems like he wants to keep his committee relevant and give himself a platform and not that he is "defending Kushner" because Kushner gave him $2k like the tweet claimed.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Party Plane Jones posted:

the comic with the spaceman trying to pick which button to push and the buttons are labeled "SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT" and "TRIGGERED CUCKS NEED SAFE SPACES"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

Who even remembers that company though? I don't and I even applied for a job with them.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chilichimp posted:

Come on, dude, she's holding a severed POTUS head prop!

Are we gonna split hairs here?

Yeah, for one because of the comb over holding his hair like that would make his head kind of flop sideways. Also why is the blood running UP his face? There's certainly no visible cuts on top.

Also a human head is heavy, she has twig and and looks like she's using no effort at all to hold it up to head level.

Look, here is what it should look like.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I hope someone puts up a fourth statue to make the dog look bad, and then someone responds to that with a fifth, and in a few months all of Wall Street looks like a giant bronze game of Exquisite Corpse.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I agree it is dumb and hurts the messaging.

But Booker is on the Foreign Relations Committee. He wants his committee to investigate, hold hearings, and be involved. This seems like he wants to keep his committee relevant and give himself a platform and not that he is "defending Kushner" because Kushner gave him $2k like the tweet claimed.

I'm not making the argument that he is supporting Kushner definitely because he's being paid to. I'm just saying he's just tanked his chances of winning any sort of Presidential nomination. No one is going to care about his political committee and whatever Senate politics he is working against, just he is a Democrat "defending" a member of the Trump administration and coincidentally the one who gave him money. If that Tweet can find that information then it's a lock his opponents will find it and it's a story that will find a lot more traction that Booker is actually trying to make his committee relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

boner confessor posted:

the comic with the spaceman trying to pick which button to push and the buttons are labeled "SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT" and "TRIGGERED CUCKS NEED SAFE SPACES"

He looks further to the side and pales: someone already pressed the :orb: button.

• Locked thread