Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Cicero posted:

Presumably they'd include at least one fighter each from Splatoon and ARMS. Maybe also from Snipperclips if they're feel extra saucy.

also shovel knight please

Ice Climbers would probably return too, since they don't have 3DS limitations. And since they got Konami to make Bomberman, maybe they could get him too. Or get Snake back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

Squid Kid is a shoo in, but I don't seem them adding an ARMS fighter. A Dhalsim-like fighter in smash doesn't sound very good on paper.

Put in the girl that's in a robot but have her robot just be the final smash and she just runs around without it normally.

TVs Ian posted:

Ice Climbers would probably return too, since they don't have 3DS limitations. And since they got Konami to make Bomberman, maybe they could get him too. Or get Snake back.

Give me a Belmont so I can have a Captain N free for all.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Rethink your life choices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nT3A8aNwy8
Lost Sphear looks neat.

This looks super generic and will suffer the same fate as I Am Setsuna

Like Tokyo RPG Factory was setup to make games that hark back to the golden age of JRPGs, but both games look super bland and lifeless.

They've got no heart in them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Infinitum posted:

Like Tokyo RPG Factory was setup to make games that hark back to the golden age of JRPGs, but both games look super bland and lifeless.

FACE DESPAIR IN SOLIDARITY

*fights a bunch of cutsey penguin trash enemies*

:geno:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

e: also that timer on the Break the Targets screen looks way too different from the one used in actual Smash 4

I thought about this, but I think the design is to align more with Switch aesthetic. Of all the things it would be easy to emulate in a fake, the exact timer from the original Smash 4 would be the easiest to remember to do.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

WE MUST REBUILD THIS LIFELESS WORLD!

*walks around a bunch of generic scenery with no background characters, enemies, or plant animations*

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/StewReview/status/869546017737265153

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Phantasium posted:

Give me a Belmont so I can have a Captain N free for all.
Well, there is that Castlevania animated series coming out.

Maybe since it's based on Castlevania 3, we can get a remake done in kind of a Metroidvania style too.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

TVs Ian posted:

They'll make an anthropomorphic pachinko machine.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Maybe we'll get nude Norman Reedus who has a baby attached to him by an umbilical cord that he swings around as a weapon.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

Maybe we'll get nude Norman Reedus who has a baby attached to him by an umbilical cord that he swings around as a weapon.

No, you're thinking of Playstation All-Stars 2.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

shantae you stay

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pirate's Curse was better.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

if thats real it looks like insane rear end

I no longer speak the jive of youth today.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

shantae you stay

lmao

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

shantae you stay

This is good.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
if roy isnt in fe warriors i wont buy it

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

DoctorWhat posted:

if roy isnt in fe warriors i wont buy it

Wonder if they will use the data from the character poll a few months back to determine who to add first.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Roy will be in as a joke character, preserving his "must be awful in all iterations" clause

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gaspy Conana posted:

Got some possible Smash leaks or somethin' over yonder:

https://twitter.com/Dystify/status/869600978940637184

Looks a little fakey to me but who knows.
There are no damage indicators for the characters in the split screen images. So yeah, it's just high-res 3DS screenshots since the damage stuff was all on the bottom screen.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

orenronen posted:

That's the usual indicator whether they're the exact same thing or different versions.

Not a direct answer to your question, but as usual Yacht Club goes above and beyond: they studied the history of NES-era localization changes, distilled just the good parts about them, and "reverse-localized" it. Gastronomer now serves up rice balls, the coin icon how has a hole in it, a few palette/animation changes, a number of other goodies. Not only that, but they added a cheat to all versions so anybody can experience these changes regardless of region.

Basically what I'm saying is: Give Yacht Club money.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Internet Kraken posted:

I didn't realize how much it had in common with Disgaea.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

TVs Ian posted:

Well, there is that Castlevania animated series coming out.

Maybe since it's based on Castlevania 3, we can get a remake done in kind of a Metroidvania style too.

You're getting Castlevania: The Movie: The Game and you know it

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
The Secret of Mana collection comes out in Japan this week and pre-orders have already sold out on Amazon JP. That's the one with 3 games (1 game boy and 2 super famicom) for about 45 bucks.

SOLD OUT.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I imagine they didn't make many of those to begin with.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Modus Pwnens posted:

The Secret of Mana collection comes out in Japan this week and pre-orders have already sold out on Amazon JP. That's the one with 3 games (1 game boy and 2 super famicom) for about 45 bucks.

SOLD OUT.

If the multiplayer still works, I'd buy it for Secret of Mana (US) alone.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'd buy that poo poo in a second if they localized 3

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Yeah, honestly I've been watching the page for it to come back in stock.

It actually looks like a good port -- by M2 of the Sega 3D Classics fame. It's got a soundtrack select menu, 4:3 with border art or stretched aspect ratio, local multiplayer, quick save and load, and three color modes for FF Legend (B&W, Game Boy Color, and washed out Game Boy green).

E: Here's a page with a bunch of screens.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/374/G037496/20170526062/

If it sells as well as it looks like it's going to, maybe they'll localize it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only problem is 3 has never been localized and might be expensive to do so.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Modus Pwnens posted:

Yeah, honestly I've been watching the page for it to come back in stock.

It actually looks like a good port -- by M2 of the Sega 3D Classics fame. It's got a soundtrack select menu, 4:3 with border art or stretched aspect ratio, local multiplayer, quick save and load, and three color modes for FF Legend (B&W, Game Boy Color, and washed out Game Boy green).

E: Here's a page with a bunch of screens.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/374/G037496/20170526062/

If it sells as well as it looks like it's going to, maybe they'll localize it.

That looks awesome. I'd happily buy that collection at $40 if it came out in English.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Infinitum posted:

It looks like those mobile JRPGs Kemco poops out at an astonishing rate and those are sold for like $5 each

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hammer Bro. posted:

Not a direct answer to your question, but as usual Yacht Club goes above and beyond: they studied the history of NES-era localization changes, distilled just the good parts about them, and "reverse-localized" it. Gastronomer now serves up rice balls, the coin icon how has a hole in it, a few palette/animation changes, a number of other goodies. Not only that, but they added a cheat to all versions so anybody can experience these changes regardless of region.

Basically what I'm saying is: Give Yacht Club money.

Seriously.
Yacht Club has set a new standard for development teams. They are incredible.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Infinitum posted:

"Sphear" is one of the dumbest titles in the long history of dumb JRPG titles though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Imagined posted:

"Sphear" is one of the dumbest titles in the long history of dumb JRPG titles though.

Still doesn't beat "Bravely Default". Does that name even mean anything in the context of the games?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Imagined posted:

"Octopath Traveler"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

SeANMcBAY posted:

Still doesn't beat "Bravely Default". Does that name even mean anything in the context of the games?
Yes, it does.

Also the Flying Fairy subtitle is also very relevant in the context of the first game.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

At least those are actual words.

Modus Pwnens posted:

"Octopath Traveler"

It's a long and sordid history. You could do a top 10 with just Kingdom Hearts games.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Modus Pwnens posted:

"Octopath Traveler"

Nah, that actually has meaning if you're a buddhist.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Stux posted:

looks like another f*cking troll has come into the thread :rolleyes:

Swing mechanic is too easy
No good angles to see where you are aiming
The distance line doesn't move with club selection
The putting slopes are impossible to gauge
The way the developer mapped the buttons make no sense (I changed this but still, what were they thinking)

Just to name a few. The game has a lot of charm, and I'm sure if I played it back in the day it would have been good. even when I constantly remind myself it's an old game it still isn't good. A lot off the design issues I have with it I don't really give them a pass on just because it's old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

EpicNemesis posted:

Swing mechanic is too easy
No good angles to see where you are aiming
The distance line doesn't move with club selection
The putting slopes are impossible to gauge
The way the developer mapped the buttons make no sense (I changed this but still, what were they thinking)

Just to name a few. The game has a lot of charm, and I'm sure if I played it back in the day it would have been good. even when I constantly remind myself it's an old game it still isn't good. A lot off the design issues I have with it I don't really give them a pass on just because it's old.

Nah it's great and your dumb

• Locked thread