Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Oberleutnant posted:

I might set up a market stall in the industrial estate outside town, selling nothing but limited edition (one day only!) Princess Dianna commemorative china plates and statuettes.

[e]: AD 315 - Crucifixion is abolished as punishment in the Roman Empire.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Julio Cruz posted:

"my pioneering method"

does this guy think he's the first person in the world to discover how to make a loving sandwich :laffo:

:thejoke:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

From the Facebooks

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

That quote from Stephen F of London is amazing.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

You've got a lot more faith in BBC journalists than I do if you believe they possess that sort of self-awareness.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Might have already been posted but there's a Ska song about May being a liar currently no. 2 in the itunes download chart.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...7-a7762411.html

No radio stations picking it up unsurprisingly!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Question: Do you have to be from the same constituency as someone to proxy vote for them?

Another question: Is it vote fraud to get people from dead rubber constituencies to give you their proxy votes so you can use them in a marginal? Obviously you can only do two (per person in the marginal)

e: theoretically, asking for a friend, etc

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 30, 2017

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/869579152185319424

He's good man that Jezza.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
:yarg:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

sebzilla posted:

Question: Do you have to be from the same constituency as someone to proxy vote for them?

Another question: Is it vote fraud to get people from dead rubber constituencies to give you their proxy votes so you can use them in a marginal? Obviously you can only do two (per person in the marginal)

You're asking if you can use the proxy vote of somebody registered in a safe seat in a different, marginal constituency?

Does that honestly sound remotely possible to you?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
bring a red pen

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

sebzilla posted:

Proxy voters need to vote at the local polling station of who they are standing in for (or via post for that constituency)

If youve applied for proxy with the intention to transfer your vote without meeting one of the proxy criteria you would be committing voter fraud, not like you'd be caught out or anything

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i was on the electoral register twice for the 2015 GE

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Jeremy you've said that people shouldn't be abused based on just doing their jobs, but what if their job is as an IRA bomber, Jeremy? Jeremy why do you hate Britain you traitor? :britain: :britain:

communism bitch fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 30, 2017

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH
the world where the pollsters' turnout weights and undecided reallocation models are all completely wrong is a nice one:
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/869626636446162944

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

waffle posted:

the world where the pollsters' turnout weights and undecided reallocation models are all completely wrong is a nice one:

"Hmm, sometimes weighting and adjustment gives wrong results. I know, let's do no adjustment at all! Then it's definitely going to be right!"

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Carwyn Jones doing his best to undo any progress made by Corbyn by arguing against a young Muslim woman in the audience who thinks foreign policy contributes to terrorism.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Oberleutnant posted:

Jeremy you've said that people shouldn't be abused based on just doing their jobs, but what if their job is as an IRA bomber, Jeremy? Jeremy why do you hate Britain you traitor? :britain: :britain:

Bloody hell. Can you imagine anyone else in politics doing this?

Say what you will about the man but he seems like a Dostoyevsky protagonist at some points!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Everything's come full circle and I can't get away from it

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/869619445311950849

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I was just listening to the breakdown of how all the polls that have Labour only 6-8 points behind are indeed the ones that are taking young people at face value when they say they are 100% certain to vote and I was like "aw gently caress" right in the middle of the Sainsbury's.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
He's a useless gently caress and why I'd vote Plaid if it wasn't more important to get the Tories out.

edit: Carwyn Jones that is

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

waffle posted:

Uuuugh putting that in electoral calculus puts the Tories on -8 and Labour on +10

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Thanks Ants posted:

is that the real pissflaps

because he's right

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Aaaand now three people in a row saying the Quran shows Islam supports the killing of non-believers. And being thanked for their contribution rather than told to gently caress right off. Not a single one of the leaders called them out, perhaps by citing the Bible or pointing out that none of them have read the loving Quran.

Wales really has gone to poo poo.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
How frequently have the yoof said they're definitely going to vote then not voted, though? I thought the usual story was that the yoof say they don't really care, then don't vote.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

jabby posted:

Aaaand now three people in a row saying the Quran shows Islam supports the killing of non-believers. And being thanked for their contribution rather than told to gently caress right off. Not a single one of the leaders called them out, perhaps by citing the Bible or pointing out that none of them have read the loving Quran.

Not even Plaid Qu'ran: The Jihad of Wales calling 'em out? Leanne nooooooo

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

jabby posted:

Yep. UKIP vote was going up every year until its collapse. Which means we're going more Tory than ever before. Last bastion of leftism in North Wales will be Bangor because it's full of students and FOREIGNERS.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Pissflaps posted:

I'm ready to be seduced by Jeremy's good humoured resignation speech on June 9th.

The speech I'm looking forward to is kapparomeo's. I'll be tuning into this thread at 10pm on June 8th to catch it live.

I wonder if he's prepared it yet?

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
This time 1.5 m under 35s registered to vote, whether or not that is enough to make a difference depends on (a) how many are new registrations (b) how many of them will actually vote and (c) how many of them will vote not tory in a constituency where it will make a difference.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

The speech I'm looking forward to is kapparomeo's. I'll be tuning into this thread at 10pm on June 8th to catch it live.

I wonder if he's prepared it yet?

Pretty sure it'll just be his old one from before with the key words changed.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Uuuugh putting that in electoral calculus puts the Tories on -8 and Labour on +10

Well hopefully 25% of ballots are for random independents then...

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Nice to know Hamilton hasn't stopped chatting poo poo.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i actually think young people getting hosed in the brexit vote will inspire a pretty decent turn out tbh.

plus they actually have something to vote for.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

thehappyprince posted:

i actually think young people getting hosed in the brexit vote will inspire a pretty decent turn out tbh.

plus they actually have something to vote for.

yeah its hard to tell whats going on with this election because its so close to the brexit vote

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Thanks Ants posted:

There are some unfathomable replies to that tweet.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Christ, Paxo's awful these days. I actually felt bad for May because he's constantly asking "Have you changed your mind [on Brexit]?" as though it matters. I don't like Brexit and I don't like her or the Tories. But what the hell does it matter whether she, personally likes the idea of Brexit or not? Unless you're going to argue she's going to pull the rug out and cancel Art 50, it's utterly immaterial. All he wanted was a gotcha where she says something daft. Well, I don't mind that against the Tories because I want them to get a hammering next month, I admit, but it's hardly good for substantive political discussion, is it? Not really doing anything to allow more room for nuance. And sure I don't expect your average wankstain reporter to do that in a three minute bit with a shadow cabinet member or whatever, but when it's ostensibly a long and serious interview, it's a little bit poo poo.

I reckon he made his mark with "Did you threaten to overrule him" and thinks that's all anyone wants now.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

thehappyprince posted:

is that the real pissflaps

because he's right

How?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Youth turnout increased by 50% proportionally (42 to 63%) from the 2015 GE to the Brexit vote. Will all those young people vote again? And if so, for Corbyn? I honestly have no clue: I'm much too a politically aware student to have a good idea of what the average young person thinks.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Blair's at it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this just popped up on my twitter. is it true?

https://twitter.com/JonnieMarbLes/status/869231412158844928

• Locked thread