Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Lurdiak posted:

How embarrassing.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm embarrassed for the person who made this.

Embarrassment is the yoke of the status quo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I just mean when he starts complaining about the nes mini and how nintendo must have done a limited release on purpose and they're bad for doing it or the time he was claiming it's now completely justifiable to pirate nintendo games because he was trying to go for clickbaity hyperbole and it was pretty dumb and made him sound like...well, a whiny crybaby to be honest :shrug: like, there are things that are problems with nintendo (forcing gimmicks into things where they don't belong is a pretty big one that keeps cropping up) but sometimes he just sounds like he needs to just...chill out lol

The piracy thing is one of the times when I think his attempt at satire didn't quite land and I wish he'd own up to it.

That video's point is about how Nintendo is abusing copyright law, so his reasoning is that turnabout is fair play: if Nintendo isn't going to respect the rights of creators, that means we're free not to respect their rights as creators. It was supposed to be an over-the-top argument but I don't think it worked, and honestly he probably still stands by it because he enjoys angering people who he thinks are petty.

I think his video where he somehow got Nintendo of Japan and Nintendo of America to make conflicting copyright claims on the same video was a much more compelling argument about Nintendo's copyright nonsense, honestly.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Im never embarrassed for anyone heck im glad that they went through the effort to make [insert thing here] i hope they continue to follow their dreams

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I've never owned an XBox console but my roommate had a 360 that was fun to play. I also had a roommate with the PS3, and I've owned all the Nintendo Consoles, and the PS1, 2 and 4, so overall I've gotten a pretty good gaming experience.

My PC also worked pretty decently for games until like 2011.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CJacobs posted:

Ah yes, the stunning and optimistic encouragement of "we are all slowly dying". Sorry I just didn't feel that effect from your post for some strange reason

edit: I have the Five Guys double cheeseburger any% speedrun record

any% vs cheeseburger is scrub tier, i'll only 50% run any burger from jack in the box

as for death, dying is fine but death

o baby

i wouldnt like death

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Ostentatious posted:

Im never embarrassed for anyone heck im glad that they went through the effort to make [insert thing here] i hope they continue to follow their dreams

:yeah: :same:

Imagine some Japanese business man looking across the table at a fresh faced Shigeru Miyamoto after hearing a pitch for a "videogame" about a plumber who jumps on mushroom things to save a princess and thinking "how embarrassing"

Never let yourself be embarrassed.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i now own all the current consoles, but basically all i play is persona 5 and destiny on the ps4 and breath of the wild on the switch. i only ever played titanfall 2 on the xbone (worth it tho) and now i'm waiting for another good game to come out on in

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

any% vs cheeseburger is scrub tier, i'll only 50% run any burger from jack in the box

as for death, dying is fine but death

o baby

i wouldnt like death

Check out my half A bite 100% xxl grilled stuft burrito (heimlich strat explanation in description)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*looks up ingredients list* ban this sick filth

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

lets hang out posted:

japan studio who worked on bloodborne is owned by sony. Supposedly a lot of the dlc was their work

Fromsoft? Not really.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Check out my Taco Bell randomizer run at Awful Grub Devoured Quick

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I played through Injustice 2's story mode with a friend and it was real good. Now I'm reading the comics based around Injustice and they're real good too.

Basically what I'm trying to say is it's pretty great that we live in a world where there are good Marvel fighting games and good DC fighting games.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

PantsBandit posted:

I played through Injustice 2's story mode with a friend and it was real good. Now I'm reading the comics based around Injustice and they're real good too.

Basically what I'm trying to say is it's pretty great that we live in a world where there are good Marvel fighting games and good DC fighting games.

I think you might be living in a fantasy world

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhhZCJtJaPc&t=43s

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like how in response to the topic of Nintendo being worthy of criticism, not one but two posters responded with the same lovely bad faith snipe at Sony for some reason.

Anyways, Humble Bundle has a Adult Swim bundle up right now and it is good
https://www.humblebundle.com/adult-swim-games-bundle

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I really hope that knack.gif is not being taken as an insult. I genuinely enjoyed that game and am looking forward to Knack 2 with, like, only 5% irony at most

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I almost bought Knack yesterday because it's on sale right now but then didn't

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I mean, every company is worthy of criticism, but it only makes sense that people are going to compare. Nintendo makes really good first party games (which are by definition exclusive), but they take forever to make them these days and suffer from constant delays, and the UI for their digital store is trash. The PS4 has one hell of a sweet controller and some pretty decent hardware, but a lot of the better games for it are PC ports that probably play better with things like mods and a keyboard. Nintendo tries a lot of new things to shake things up and find a niche in the market (and appeal to people who might not otherwise play video games), but they often come off as gimmicky, half-baked, or with frustrating controls. Sony basically just makes hardware that facilitates developing "gamer" type games, which means that they can make stuff like Bloodborne and get the full suite of open world RPGs and whatnot, but it can make them seem staid and pricey.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Help Im Alive posted:

Where is it on sale? I really do want to finish my platinum eventually

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

Same

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Bicyclops posted:

I mean, every company is worthy of criticism, but it only makes sense that people are going to compare. Nintendo makes really good first party games (which are by definition exclusive), but they take forever to make them these days and suffer from constant delays, and the UI for their digital store is trash. The PS4 has one hell of a sweet controller and some pretty decent hardware, but a lot of the better games for it are PC ports that probably play better with things like mods and a keyboard. Nintendo tries a lot of new things to shake things up and find a niche in the market (and appeal to people who might not otherwise play video games), but they often come off as gimmicky, half-baked, or with frustrating controls. Sony basically just makes hardware that facilitates developing "gamer" type games, which means that they can make stuff like Bloodborne and get the full suite of open world RPGs and whatnot, but it can make them seem staid and pricey.

Assuming that this in response to me, my point was more that Sony really didn't have anything to do with the topic at hand so it amused me that the same not really that effective argument came in response to the mere whiff of Nintendo criticism, just sort of reinforcing the point about the Nintendo fanbase being sensitive.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Ratchet and clank on the ps4 is v. Good

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Assuming that this in response to me, my point was more that Sony really didn't have anything to do with the topic at hand so it amused me that the same not really that effective argument came in response to the mere whiff of Nintendo criticism, just sort of reinforcing the point about the Nintendo fanbase being sensitive.

Exactly my point. No one was talking about sony in any capacity, don't make your toys a part of your identity, people

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Me every time it's on sale but then I think I could buy a sandwich or something with that £5

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Sakurazuka posted:

The Switch has been out three months and it took the PS4 18 to get a good exclusive.

Bloodborne came out pretty quickly

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Meme Emulator posted:

Bloodborne came out pretty quickly

18 months isn't really quickly....

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

Golden Corral 100% reverse course relay 2:08:13 (OBSOLETE)

:regd08:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

Nintendo did in one day what Sony has yet to do on PS4: release a first party game worth owning

breath of the wild isn't a switch exclusive and ps4 has non-first-party exclusives like bloodborne and ff15 that are good so this line of argument is weird

like it's technically correct but idk what the point is given those other two points

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I actually always forget that PS4 came out before BB.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Having a "PS4 has no games" discussion now makes about as much sense as having a "Wii U has no games" discussion now. Like, yes it was true at one point but now it is really not true and doesn't really change the fact the Switch is currently lacking games. Yes, that will most likely change in the future at which point people will stop complaining that it has no games, just like you should probably stop bringing up how the PS4 used to have no games to defend it. The future of one system is not an indicator of another. The dreamcast launched with loads of games and died. The Ouya launched with no games and died with no games.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dr Cheeto posted:

Everyone loving startscums until they get a tortilla-first run though. I don't want to watch some dude order 50 times just to get a good run.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Isn't FF15 on XBox, though? I don't know. I don't care about the console wars. I'm happy with my Wii U and my PS4 and will probably eventually get a Switch. If I suddenly get really rich, I'll upgrade my PC. I don't think Nintendo fans are any more "sensitive" than anybody else who identifies with a brand, though, including people who are really into other consoles.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LawfulWaffle posted:

:barf:

personally i'd imagine the reverse course of golden corral to be much shorter but hey

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I hope Mario Odyssey is good, I liked the Wii U Mario games but I missed stuff like Galaxy and Sunshine.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
honestly I think everyone of virtue can agree that 2017 has been a good year for games on basically all platforms, an it owns

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

wizard on a water slide posted:

honestly I think everyone of virtue can agree that 2017 has been a good year for games on basically all platforms, an it owns

2016 was pretty drat good too, though. All in all, a great couple of video game years.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

LawfulWaffle posted:

:regd08:

The TAS involves a blender

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Where is it on sale? I really do want to finish my platinum eventually

It's on the Playstation Store (might be EU only though)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Bicyclops posted:

I hope Mario Odyssey is good, I liked the Wii U Mario games but I missed stuff like Galaxy and Sunshine.

The "new" games kind of did some not great things to the series by making what was a really creative and bright series into something that felt like something Ikea would make. They weren't bad but they certainly didn't live up to the name and sort of diluted the perfection of the series. 3D Land and World games worked towards undoing that, while still having a kind of flat look, and it looks like Odyssey is mostly free of it, even if they did not learn one of the more minor lessons from Sonic 06: don't put normal looking humans next to your goofy rear end mascot. Still, it looks great and the main reason I own a Switch is so I know I have one when that game comes out.

Still, it will have to be pretty drat amazing to outdo Mario Maker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

personally i'd imagine the reverse course of golden corral to be much shorter but hey

It takes time to finish an endless buffet, and a reverse course run requires at least a half hour of guzzling away at the chocolate wonderfall while NASA staff distract the GC employees just to get started.

tap my mountain posted:

The TAS involves a blender

~clicks on GottaGoFastFoodie's twitch channel at 4am, watches a portly man fill a ziplock bag with chicken wings and attach to a modified Juicero. While it strains to separate the liquid from the bone he talks about how Gamergaters who didn't vote for Trump are sad cucks to 13 other viewers~

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 30, 2017

• Locked thread