Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It was missing a part about how the theme song was played backwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

loquacius posted:

I dunno, this kind of sounds like she's just a touchy-feely drunk, girls do that stuff sometimes

I wouldn't worry about it just yet

Yeah, sounds like an overly-affectionate drunk. Nothing to worry about. If it's really bothering you, just do your best to avoid situations in which the two of you end up alone, but I don't really see a problem.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
That's why you leave the recipient field blank until the end

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

I dunno, this kind of sounds like she's just a touchy-feely drunk, girls do that stuff sometimes

I wouldn't worry about it just yet

Nah, they are definitely indicators of her sexual interest. Her inhibitions are lower when she's drunk, so she gives herself permission to do those things without being overtly sexual like trying to kiss him directly or say something obvious.

Whether he needs to worry about it or not yet is another matter. I'd say he should stay away from her as much as possible unless he wants to gently caress her.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The only weird thing about any of that is the awkward placing of the kiss. It's really hard to miss kissing someone on the cheek. Gotta admit, I thought it would be something like "she asked me how my day was when her husband was in the bathroom" or some other super goony thing. Honestly, I don't know what to make of it. Just giving you a drunken hug and saying she missed you doesn't seem bad, but kissing you on your cheek super close to your mouth is pushing the envelope a little bit. I'm leaning towards not worrying about it and not telling your friend. How drunk are you when this is happening though? If you're both super drunk then maybe you're both misinterpreting things. If it's just her and you're stone sober then I'd lean more towards trusting your instincts on it. Maybe let her know you're not a touchy-feely guy?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

That's why you leave the recipient field blank until the end

And have a rule set that e-mails don't send until a 1 or 2 minute delay. This has saved my bacon so many times...

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I can't imagine how hosed your life must be if "maybe we should stop drinking together" is considered after "test the waters by continuing to drink with her!!!!!!!!!!" Stupid loving alkies.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Radical and BADical! posted:

I can't imagine how hosed your life must be if "maybe we should stop drinking together" is considered after "test the waters by continuing to drink with her!!!!!!!!!!" Stupid loving alkies.

this would involve having a really awkward talk with his friend about how he can't drink with him if his wife is going to be there, because reasons

Also as I said earlier I don't think she actually wants the D and nothing has happened yet which warrants weirding his friend out

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

loquacius posted:

this would involve having a really awkward talk with his friend about how he can't drink with him if his wife is going to be there, because reasons

Also as I said earlier I don't think she actually wants the D and nothing has happened yet which warrants weirding his friend out

So he's basically Mike Pence.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Theophany posted:

So he's basically Mike Pence.

Pence is drunk like 24/7 he's a rockstar

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I choose to believe the Seinfeld confession even if it was written elswhere. When you think about it it makes a lot of sense. A lot.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Newman did 9/11

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

checks out since he was responsible for jurassic park too

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

loquacius posted:

TLDR it's a script outline for a Seinfeld-themed creepypasta

no mention of suddenly seeing a hyper realistic portrait of your own family 1/10

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

I don't know. There's a lot of non-verbal communication that goes along with flirting that we're not seeing here. I, for one, want to give dude the benefit of the doubt re: what he thinks is going on. Women, even drunk women, don't randomly do the full body press or accidentally kiss your mouth and not your cheek IMO.

Also, here's an easy solution in regards to the drinking thing:

"I've decided not to drink as much. Any way we can hang without alcohol? Yeah thanks." Like I said

loving
ALKIES

can't find solutions that don't involve drinking.

Clarity: I'm calling confessor and friends loving alkies, not you or anyone known to you living or dead.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I don't know. There's a lot of non-verbal communication that goes along with flirting that we're not seeing here. I, for one, want to give dude the benefit of the doubt re: what he thinks is going on. Women, even drunk women, don't randomly do the full body press or accidentally kiss your mouth and not your cheek IMO.

Also, here's an easy solution in regards to the drinking thing:

"I've decided not to drink as much. Any way we can hang without alcohol? Yeah thanks." Like I said

loving
ALKIES

can't find solutions that don't involve drinking.

Clarity: I'm calling confessor and friends loving alkies, not you or anyone known to you living or dead.

Look out, we got a badass over here.

loving straight edge bitches.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
lol why would you want to be sober around other people

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

You sound fun.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
spoken like a true klingon russian

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

dude, maybe you should chill out, crack open a few cold ones with the bros

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

curufinor posted:

you should import the derail toucan from the bad with money thread

Thats a rad bird

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

its a bold move taking komodowagons title of weirdest goon itt

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Dangit I missed temperature chat.

Being both American and a classically trained scientist, I respect both units of measurement. For me, Celsius is superior when using in any kind of formula/math and Farenheit is superior when describing temperature as experienced by man.

For example, the perfect temperature for hominids is 69*f. In America, we say "wow it's 69* outside, loving awesome." I'm not familiar with the third world, but I assume they say something along the lines of "click-bop-durp-brexit hmmm feels nice out, it's probably a hair less than twenty and two thirds degrees."

For real though the one indisputable advantage of Fahrenheit is that you have more degrees at your disposal. Celcius has 100 units between water freezing and boiling whereas fahrenheit has 180. You are able to get more specific with Fahrenheit. Another time I feel the U.S. Standard code is superior is when describing height. Seems anytime I read something written by a European describing men's height, every single dude is like 1.7-1.9m tall or something. It's hard to tell the difference. The equivalent range in the US would be roughly 5 feet 7 inches - 6 feet 2 inches which "feels" like a bigger range.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

tesilential posted:

Being both American and a classically trained scientist, I respect both units of measurement. For me, Celsius is superior when using in any kind of formula/math and Farenheit is superior when describing temperature as experienced by man.

For example, the perfect temperature for hominids is 69*f. In America, we say "wow it's 69* outside, loving awesome." I'm not familiar with the third world, but I assume they say something along the lines of "click-bop-durp-brexit hmmm feels nice out, it's probably a hair less than twenty and two thirds degrees."

For real though the one indisputable advantage of Fahrenheit is that you have more degrees at your disposal. Celcius has 100 units between water freezing and boiling whereas fahrenheit has 180. You are able to get more specific with Fahrenheit. Another time I feel the U.S. Standard code is superior is when describing height. Seems anytime I read something written by a European describing men's height, every single dude is like 1.7-1.9m tall or something. It's hard to tell the difference. The equivalent range in the US would be roughly 5 feet 7 inches - 6 feet 2 inches which "feels" like a bigger range.

NO

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Finance's Dad is wants to kill you goon-

*Cracks neck and does throat cut motion with finger* Way to be intimated by your father in-law who is obviously messing with you, lmao.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
There's something I find very amusing about the fact that this derail doesn't want to die

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

heh, 69

friends wife goon drop this tidbit in when you next have temperature chat and see how she responds

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

tesilential posted:

shut the gently caress up retard

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Jose posted:

checks out since he was responsible for jurassic park too

It's not far from the hit jobs he does on local pets

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

loquacius posted:

therapy goon checking in

Noep, you went too far with the elaborate costume for a specific character in an online RPG neither of you are interested in or play.

That's the trouble with long-running goon stories--the storyteller can't just end it and let it stop. It's always got to get more and more ridiculous until it becomes clear that you're just making this poo poo up, and you just crossed that line. Remember the fecal lasagna story? "I have an insane roommate" turned into "a man was lying in poo poo and newspaper playing a saxophone for some reason." If you want it to be believable, keep it within the realm of believability, for gently caress's sake. Or I guess laugh because you totally owned a bunch of people who were trying to legitimately give you advice on how to handle your fake situation?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
I buy it but then again I also buy the seinfeld episode

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

alpaca diseases posted:

heh, 69

friends wife goon drop this tidbit in when you next have temperature chat and see how she responds

Maybe she wants a dp, not cheating ;)

Or if she is DTF, she'll cheat and break up the marriage sooner or later so tap that rear end then tell your friend she's a cheater

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

tesilential posted:

bradzilla posted:

shut the gently caress up retard

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Fartbox posted:

Is pizza a sandwich?
I don't know, but it's definitely not a hot dog.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

tesilential posted:

Source your quote, nerd.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

Look out, we got a badass over here.

loving straight edge bitches.

i'm a pothead, man, i solve my problems by getting high as balls

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
unlike that stupid loving alkie who can't restrain himself from getting blackout drunk long enough to keep his dick out of his friend's wife :rolleyes:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

unlike that stupid loving alkie who can't restrain himself from getting blackout drunk long enough to keep his dick out of his friend's wife :rolleyes:

lol if you have never gotten high and hosed your friend. or his wife.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I think the hug and awkward kiss on the cheek could be because she likes him and is a cuddly person. When you are deep in the friend-zone girls often feel secure around you and you get cuddled etc., ask me how I know :negative:

Now add two slightly drunk people and the confessor feeling uncomfortable and flinching when she wants to kiss him on the cheek and you got a seemingly weird kiss due to inelegant drunk movement.

I'd not jump the gun on this one, it could backfire.

That said, anyone who even for a second considers his friends wife in a sexual way is not a friend, so I can completely understand you feel awkward when she gets to close for your liking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hopper posted:

When you are deep in the friend-zone

You're better than this