Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Lmao, playing this rn. She just threw me a coin. Series rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Destiny could really have a pet or a useful character.

OR the diablo gold goblin. That would be good too.

I am concerned about all the things they are removing from Destiny 2, because they have not announced yet what they are adding. I don't want to play a experiment on minimalism.

Edit:
yea, eli rules

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

Tei posted:

Destiny could really have a pet or a useful character.

OR the diablo gold goblin. That would be good too.

I am concerned about all the things they are removing from Destiny 2, because they have not announced yet what they are adding. I don't want to play a experiment on minimalism.

Edit:
yea, eli rules

Would be cool if they had a pet or something that followed you around. Something you could even dress up or apply items to.

I'm sure the PC base will mod that in if Bungie doesn't want to.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Spiv posted:

Would be cool if they had a pet or something that followed you around. Something you could even dress up or apply items to.

Hell with that, give us ship combat and another thing to chase gear/parts for.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes that's what I want in my FPS game, a bad aerial combat simulation.

From the guys that released a game thinking the Interceptor and Sparrow driving mechanics were "okay."

(the exact same company that gave us the warthog, the best vehicle in FPS history)

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

xzzy posted:

Yes that's what I want in my FPS game, a bad aerial combat simulation.

From the guys that released a game thinking the Interceptor and Sparrow driving mechanics were "okay."

(the exact same company that gave us the warthog, the best vehicle in FPS history)
The space fight sequence in Halo: Reach was great fun. I wouldn't mind seeing an entire playmode dedicated to something similar.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sylphosaurus posted:

The space fight sequence in Halo: Reach was great fun. I wouldn't mind seeing an entire playmode dedicated to something similar.

The "dogfighting" was pretty dumbed down and could only be fun against AI, basically a good deal once or twice but if you had to do it any more it would be a pretty crappy chore.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

xzzy posted:

The warthog, the best vehicle in FPS history

Quoting this forever, back and forth

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

The "dogfighting" was pretty dumbed down and could only be fun against AI, basically a good deal once or twice but if you had to do it any more it would be a pretty crappy chore.

Wasn't there only like 2 times in Reach where you actually had to fly somewhere?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Wasn't there only like 2 times in Reach where you actually had to fly somewhere?

There was only one time, although it's a fairly long multipart sequence.

e: There are plenty of terrestrial/airborne vehicle sequences but only one controllable spaceship sequence.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Sparrow Racing League turned out to be gay as hell, which means it was awesome as hell because it's the 21 century ffs

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
License classes are a social construct.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Now I want to play the halo games again but not to go unpack and reconnect the 360, help

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like replaying Halo 1 and Halo 2 on my PC

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Sparrow Racing League turned out to be gay as hell, which means it was awesome as hell because it's the 21 century ffs

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

haveblue posted:

Now I want to play the halo games again but not to go unpack and reconnect the 360, help

Buy the MCC

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Can't find it in the PSN store

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

xzzy posted:

I'm not really sure what kind of standard you are holding it against but it was a fun romp that held some promise. I'd rather see this kind of gameplay rather than the dull Sparrow racing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Can't find it in the PSN store

Buy an xbox one, your life will improve in ways you can't imagine.

Hot coder wives!

Convertibles!

gifv service from moist!

Access to the best slack channel on the internet!

Play the halo reach space dogfight!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sylphosaurus posted:

I'm not really sure what kind of standard you are holding it against but it was a fun romp that held some promise. I'd rather see this kind of gameplay rather than the dull Sparrow racing.

I like Sparrow racing, but also the Reach ship section; even if it's something as minor as getting the cursor replaced on loading screens or w/e with a cute, pixelated, sprite-tabled, orthographic version of my Octavian v2 that I could play Asteroids with I'd be pig-in-poo poo happy.

Plus, Space segments would give the player a better sense of ground/sky, and contribute more to Level Bigness™

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

xzzy posted:

gifv service from moist!

MS should put this in their ads as it's about the only reason to own one

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Sylphosaurus posted:

It should only be PvE anyways. I want my ship to be more than a glorified loading screen.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
If you're OG AF this week's preorder shell is 100% int/disc with relic iron and cabal. Speaker.

Also

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Spiv posted:

The ghost is less than a character in game, don't show much, except has latern in caves and to open doors. Maybe it would be too distracting to have it flyiing around.

It could be doing something useful, like getting ammo for us, or finding hidden chests or scanning enemies for even more loot or experience or lore or something.

Also, I don't see a problem with having more than one pet. A man can have two dogs.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
What if the ghost is actually the main character you play and the guardian is your pet that you control and direct

:raise:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

What if the ghost is actually the main character you play and the guardian is your pet that you control and direct

#staywoke guardian

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0N9vLvpyrM

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Everyone knows that guardians in destiny are actually VR gamer avatars from an alternate dimension that believe they're enjoying a leisure activity, but in the destiny universe it's a literal fight for survival.

The traveler and ghosts are just the gamer's portal to their home universe.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

xzzy posted:

Everyone knows that guardians in destiny are actually VR gamer avatars from an alternate dimension that believe they're enjoying a leisure activity, but in the destiny universe it's a literal fight for survival.

The traveler and ghosts are just the gamer's portal to their home universe.

Star Ocean fuckin suuuuuucks

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Are you insinuating that Bungie cribbed the plot of Destiny from the hit movie Gamer, starring esteemed actor Gerard Butler?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Are you insinuating that Bungie cribbed the plot of Destiny from the hit movie Gamer, starring esteemed actor Gerard Butler?

Why not, Halo was basically Aliens.

So I guess the lesson is that Bungie is cribbing plots from shittier movies as time goes on.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Finally got a regen on orb helm, need to level it. Changed out Monte Carlo for red death and the gimmick is more fun.

All the armor and guns look cool though, which is all that matters. The search for a new vigil continues.

Also, is there some magic reason that all other sparrows go faster than mine?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This is good stuff.

There's always the possibility that theres a fat dude called Tuff inside the Traveler, and that the Traveler is just a old terraformation and bioenginerring ark.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PathAsc posted:

There are 3 classes of sparrows, basically- most basic legendaries go 150, special reward sparrows (faction drops etc) go 160, and the two Y1 raid sparrows have a special overdrive mode that you can feather to go much faster at the risk of exploding if you screw up.

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

PathAsc posted:

You using an elite controller?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

:clint:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The tears over a subclass no one has played is pretty amazing.

Best sparrow is the ib one.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I want to play Destiny 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
During trials last night, i picked up heavy and put about 20 rounds of machine gun ammo into a titam running straight at me.

He shoulder charged me and i died. He died a second after they won the round :cool: