Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Like I'm dumb enough to forget how the MAGAs tried to deliberately coopt the Bernies.

I'm pretty dumb though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Strategic Tea posted:

A random shooting by a US crazy, which I read about in a tiny column in the back of the paper, killed just under half as many people as the Manchester bombing. It went almost completely unremarked.

This is everyday america though

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Strategic Tea posted:

A random shooting by a US crazy, which I read about in a tiny column in the back of the paper, killed just under half as many people as the Manchester bombing. It went almost completely unremarked.
People say Islamophobia is rational because of terrorism but you are far more statistically likely to be killed by a bunch of extremely low-probability freak events including asteroid strikes and bicycle accidents. Now watch me cower in fear of asteroids and bicycles.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Strategic Tea posted:

thats those rural folks for ya, always gotta watch ur back u know?

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

People say Islamophobia is rational because of terrorism but you are far more statistically likely to be killed by a bunch of extremely low-probability freak events including asteroid strikes and bicycle accidents. Now watch me cower in fear of asteroids and bicycles.

idk when you're talking about "islamophobic" policymaking rather than an individual rational basis your analogy kind of falls apart.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

VikingSkull posted:

yup and it's good

the company that made Returns got the rights to Battletech and they are making a turn based tactical game out of that, should be out soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfM9otjBSII

Not to be lazy but where can I get the SNES remake? I can only find work in progress posts from 2014.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I'll buy bicycle accidents, since people ride bikes a lot, but I'm quite skeptical that more people are killed by asteroids than terrorism.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
He meant the arcade machine falling on people trying to steal quarters

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Strudel Man posted:

I'll buy bicycle accidents, since people ride bikes a lot, but I'm quite skeptical that more people are killed by asteroids than terrorism.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/death-risk-statistics-terrorism-disease-accidents-2017-1

Chance of asteroid death: 1 in 700,000

https://www.google.com/amp/blog.chron.com/sciguy/2013/02/just-how-many-humans-have-space-rocks-killed-anyway/amp/

So... I dunno how to even out those numbers

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Strategic Tea posted:

This guy?

8 dead

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jared Kush posted:

WASHINGTON, May 26, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called on President Trump to speak out personally against rising bigotry and acts of racial violence in America targeting Muslims and other minority groups after two people were stabbed to death in Oregon when they reportedly tried to intervene as a man yelled racist and Islamophobic slurs at two young Muslim women, one of whom wore an Islamic head scarf, or hijab.

are they gonna speak out against their insane blood monger religion or....?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

guess all those people on 9/11 were just being little bitches. dont they know they have nothing to worry about????

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Lol at the "mass shootings are business as usual"
so are terror attacks now

Blood for the blood god

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

your friend a dog posted:

all those people on 9/11 were just being little bitches

your point?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

lol he had a slanty face like he was literally wearing his crazy on the outside like some kind of turn of the century physical manifestation of psychosis and it was melting him

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

like imagine being so warped that your face sloughs down the starboard side like syphilitic bones

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

for real though i feel deeply sorry for the mentally ill just why do they have to be so tragic and funny

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Strategic Tea posted:

I'm pretty sure the death count isn't the only reason these things make the news.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Yeah, I don't know either.

quote:

In fact, according to the National History Museum in London, there are actually no recorded human deaths by a meteorite fall. Ever.
That would make the calculation entirely based on hypothetical impacts, which doesn't seem entirely appropriate to compare to those from actual deaths.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
How would you verify that? Seems like the meteorite would destroy the evidence

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Well, there might be a big rock on top of the person, and the roof would be broken.

white_noise
Apr 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I have it on good authority* that meteorite strikes cause spontaneous human combustion

*citation: infowars blogger Chud "the maniac" Robinson

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Strudel Man posted:

Well, there might be a big rock on top of the person, and the roof would be broken.

No fingerprints though

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Why are people even against the death penalty?

It's even rarer than terrorism

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
God's fingerprints are very large.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i bet all the people who have been killed by muslim extremists are glad to know how low a chance it was! they shouldve bought lottery tickets

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

i bet all the people who have been killed by muslim extremists are glad to know how low a chance it was! they shouldve bought lottery tickets

youre extremely obsessed with making GBS threads up every thread ever about islam, you probably need to see a therapist if you think every muslim is out to kill you

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Piss de Bundy posted:

youre extremely obsessed with making GBS threads up every thread ever about islam, you probably need to see a therapist if you think every muslim is out to kill you

If you don't give a poo poo about terrorism you should give even less of a poo poo about the death penalty.

Thanks for the chart, now I have the perfect argument whenever someone pulls out stats like that lmao.

Well done Aesop

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You more likely to be killed by lightning than by terrorism, except terrorism actually happens sometimes

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

It kept them from seeing your posts, so that much bring some measure of peace.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Piss de Bundy posted:

piss de bundy here to defend his pedophile religion :D

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

piss de bundy here to defend his pedophile religion :D

r u just tryin to be edgy? would you ever say that to a muslims face irl that they follow a "pedophile"? it's not even edgy because we simply don't care if Aisha as 9. we. don't. care.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
more likely to be killed by terrorists than an earth quake, tornado, or a wild dog, and yet we do more about those than we do about the horde of pedophile worshipping death cult suicidal refugees we let into our country

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Piss de Bundy posted:

r u just tryin to be edgy? would you ever say that to a muslims face irl that they follow a "pedophile"? it's not even edgy because we simply don't care if Aisha as 9. we. don't. care.

"we don't care our warlock prophet hosed a child. we're a normal religion that should be allowed in western society!"

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

"we don't care our warlock prophet hosed a child. we're a normal religion that should be allowed in western society!"

we're already here, there are millions of us, what are you going to do about it, kid? nothing.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

he horde of pedophile worshipping death cult suicidal refugees we let into our country

THe horde doesn't exist if youre in the us

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Don't be unkind, your friend a dog.

white_noise
Apr 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
the only moral child bride is my child bride

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

more likely to be killed by terrorists than an earth quake, tornado, or a wild dog, and yet we do more about those than we do about the horde of pedophile worshipping death cult suicidal refugees we let into our country

youre a piece of poo poo hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Thirsty Girl posted:

youre a piece of poo poo hth

He's literally listing statistics.

The more potential terrorists we let in the higher that number will rise as well.

• Locked thread