Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

do not troll on this website

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Is anyone going to GP Vegas to play in the legacy event? I've been trying to test but I can't figure out what the hell to play. After L0cke's sweet deck didn't really pan out in my testing either, I tried those predict/portent/16 cantrip Artist-Formerly-Known-As-Miracles piles. They're loving awful and I hate them. So, the contenders:

UR delver feat. price of progress and cryptic serpent

UB Standstill

UB Standstill feels like the better deck (mostly because it doesn't have joke cards like cryptic serpent) but based on my last legacy gp experience with no buys, it seems loose to bring a deck that cannot ever, in one million years, beat burn. What's everyone else playing?

grixis or 4 color delver. anything with drs and pyromancer

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Go 0-2 drop and do anything else there is to do in Vegas until you're completely out of money and your only way out of it is to jump off the edge of Hoover Dam.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

L0cke17 posted:

anything with drs

This is the correct answer.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

suicidesteve posted:

This is the correct answer.

Play infect gently caress the haters

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

no god damnit i don't want to play that deck anymore. I am sick of playing it

i am tired of all the winning. He was right.

also good thing I got quoted saying "no buys" and not "no byes" and that is saved for all eternity

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Take UR delver without the cryptic serpents, it's a perfectly serviceable deck. Some people have been trying goblin guides (which I don't care for) or soul-scar mage for goyf and angler metas, with mixed results. Price of progress is in a reasonable spot right now, and a spicy thunderous wrath singleton or just one plain ol fireblast can win out of nowhere.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yeah i mean the point of the deck is to get people with price of progress. the rest of the deck doesn't seem to matter that much, which is why I've been throwing in random nonsense to see how it goes. I absolutely hated thunderous wrath when I tried it

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

yeah i mean the point of the deck is to get people with price of progress. the rest of the deck doesn't seem to matter that much, which is why I've been throwing in random nonsense to see how it goes. I absolutely hated thunderous wrath when I tried it

The red guy that makes you discard your hand and draw 3 is better than the blue guy I think.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yeah bedlam reveler has been better than a 6/5

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Is anyone going to GP Vegas to play in the legacy event? I've been trying to test but I can't figure out what the hell to play. After L0cke's sweet deck didn't really pan out in my testing either, I tried those predict/portent/16 cantrip Artist-Formerly-Known-As-Miracles piles. They're loving awful and I hate them. So, the contenders:

UR delver feat. price of progress and cryptic serpent

UB Standstill

UB Standstill feels like the better deck (mostly because it doesn't have joke cards like cryptic serpent) but based on my last legacy gp experience with no buys, it seems loose to bring a deck that cannot ever, in one million years, beat burn. What's everyone else playing?

I'm Legacy-ing, still deciding between Grixis Delver, Aggro Loam, or something else (Grixis Control, maybe?). Not even sure I'll bother playing Modern, my only deck is Esper Control that feels really slow and bad.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

yeah bedlam reveler has been better than a 6/5

It doesn't seem like any of them are quite 'there' yet, but I appreciate that Wizards keeps pushing out big haymakers for the UR spells archetype.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Hahahahahaha ha holy poo poo.

Played my first round of my towns new modern league. About 1/3 of us decided to play decks we've never played before. I decided to go down a tier since I won the last league with bant spirits.

Unfortunately I got paired against one of the tryhard players who didn't catch the memo that we were all playing weird jank.

So without further adieu, here is my round one modern league tournament report with SEISMIC SWANS!!!!

MAINDECK 60

Creature
4 Swans of Bryn Argoll

Spell
1 Day's Undoing
2 Molten Vortex
4 Seismic Assault
3 Serum Visions
4 Treasure Hunt

Land
7 Island
1 Izzet Guildgate
20 Mountain
4 Shivan Reef
1 Steam Vents
4 Swiftwater Cliffs
4 Temple of Epiphany
1 Wandering Fumarole

SIDEBOARD
3 Anger of the Gods
1 Laboratory Maniac
1 Lightning Bolt
1 Molten Vortex
2 Relic of Progenitus
1 Glorious End
2 Shattering Spree
3 Spell Pierce
1 Sphinx's Tutelage

Round one I got paired against my opponent on: Naya Burn (gently caress what a terrible matchup)

G1: we both mull to 6 and I keep 5 land (3 temple) and molten vortex. I play temple pass. My opponent goes fetch -> shock -> lava spike. I untap and play molten vortex, and a mountain. Opponent draws and plays eidolon, which I leave on board since the only spell in my hand is swans and another swans. Eventually I land swans, then swing with swans, and cast swans number two, then swing with both swans. Opponent bricks on lands and then bolts my swans as an ancestral recall while I am at 10. Unfortunately he draws 3 lands, and I activate molten vortex for the last 3 points.

SIDEBOARD: in 3x spell pierce, in 1x GLORIOUS END.

G2: I keep a 7 with molten vortex and treasure hunt. My opponent goes rift bolt swiftspear rift bolt. I draw non land cards, and treasure hunt nets me one card (concerning). However my hand has days undoing, GLORIOUS END, swans x2, another vortex, and 2x serum visions. I'm slowly working my way to 6 mana and my opponent runs out of cards.

Downside I am at 4 life and my opponent rips a swiftspear and swings me to 3 and passes. I untap and play land 5 and pass. My opponent draws, plays a land, and swings putting me to 2. I play land number six (gently caress yes) and play a seismic assault and pass. Opponent draws and swings, I say no blocks or effects, opponent says "lightning bolt?" I say "glorious end. End the turn?"

Opponent says "... resolves? I did not see that coming!"

I untap, cast swans, serum visions, serum visions, and loving combo out before I lose!

Boom beat naya burn 2-0 as seismic swans. I had no business winning either of those games.

Edit: feels good beating a tier 1 deck with jank let me tell you. I assume that I wasn't favored at all.

Mezzanon fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 1, 2017

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Mezzanon posted:

So without further adieu, here is my round one modern league tournament report with SEISMIC SWANS!!!!

MAINDECK 60

Creature
4 Swans of Bryn Argoll

Spell
1 Day's Undoing
2 Molten Vortex
4 Seismic Assault
3 Serum Visions
4 Treasure Hunt

Land
7 Island
1 Izzet Guildgate
20 Mountain
4 Shivan Reef
1 Steam Vents
4 Swiftwater Cliffs
4 Temple of Epiphany
1 Wandering Fumarole

SIDEBOARD
3 Anger of the Gods
1 Laboratory Maniac
1 Lightning Bolt
1 Molten Vortex
2 Relic of Progenitus
1 Glorious End
2 Shattering Spree
3 Spell Pierce
1 Sphinx's Tutelage

This mana base seems real strange (1 Steam Vents, 1 Wandering Fumarole, 1 Izzet Guildgate?). Is this just you working with what you have?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Procrastinator posted:

This mana base seems real strange (1 Steam Vents, 1 Wandering Fumarole, 1 Izzet Guildgate?). Is this just you working with what you have?

a swans deck placed well in a tcg states tournament, and for some reason everyone runs an exact copy of its manabase

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Procrastinator posted:

little munchkin posted:

a swans deck placed well in a tcg states tournament, and for some reason everyone runs an exact copy of its manabase

Basically that. I copied the mana base from the list that won states. Made some very light adjustments to the rest of the deck (the states list had a singleton bolt in the main, and only one serum visions.)

The swiftwater cliffs have been hilariously relevant against aggro decks.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Temples and Cliffs are totally defensible.

But why verbatim copy the guildgate?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Jabor posted:

Temples and Cliffs are totally defensible.

But why verbatim copy the guildgate?

Temples are absolutely 100% necessary and important for the deck to run.

Why copy the guildgate instead of another steam vents or another fumarole? Comedy mostly. People get really frowny when you dome them with a guildgate.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mezzanon posted:

Comedy mostly. People get really frowny when you dome them with a guildgate.

you're doing the Lord's work, Mezzanon

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I wonder if you can get away with putting a card like Drake Haven in Seismic Swans. Seems like a good way to get around Leyline of Sanctity.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Star Man posted:

I wonder if you can get away with putting a card like Drake Haven in Seismic Swans. Seems like a good way to get around Leyline of Sanctity.

Usually Lab man out of the board does just as much work. Or just attack with some swans, they're 4/3 flyers.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mezzanon posted:

Usually Lab man out of the board does just as much work. Or just attack with some swans, they're 4/3 flyers.

If Lab Man is the alt wincon then when are you ever bringing in the singleton Tutelage in the board?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

If Lab Man is the alt wincon then when are you ever bringing in the singleton Tutelage in the board?

Soul sisters and martyr proc (decks where you won't deal enough damage, and they have access to path to exile) (and you just hope they don't have the T1 leyline)

Also, once again: It's hilarious.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Mezzanon posted:

Soul sisters and martyr proc (decks where you won't deal enough damage, and they have access to path to exile) (and you just hope they don't have the T1 leyline)

Also, once again: It's hilarious.

I figured that Lab Man/Tutelage were for lifegain decks but I didn't think about the removal angle. I guess with the number of cards you'd be drawing in a game you can afford to run two singleton wincons like that.

And yes, the deck does look hilarious and that Glorious End play was great. Would that card make sense in other combo decks for when you know you can go off next turn but are dead on board that turn?

E: Wait crap I own most of this deck already thanks to the cheap manabase. Lord please don't let me build another "joke" deck ugh :shepface:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 1, 2017

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

I figured that Lab Man/Tutelage were for lifegain decks but I didn't think about the removal angle. I guess with the number of cards you'd be drawing in a game you can afford to run two singleton wincons like that.

And yes, the deck does look hilarious and that Glorious End play was great. Would that card make sense in other combo decks for when you know you can go off next turn but are dead on board that turn?

I originally brought in the Glorious End for the following reasons:

1) I was determined to win a game with it in constructed

2) My main thought was "what if I get paired against Ad Nauseam? I can Glorious End with Ad Naus on the stack to end the turn and hopefully let me combo off."

3) "holy poo poo I can combo this with Days Undoing to buy an extra turn"

But yes, you can Glorious End against any deck where you just need one more turn.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Other company players: I've seen Dusk//Dawn suggested for the sideboard, has anyone tried it? Seems like a huge slam dunk against something like jund shadow or eldrazi decks. Don't know if it's just being cute or not though and I'm low on testing time.

I'm also seeing people discussing the idea that straight GW might be better than abzan, cutting out the seer/finks combo. In theory I guess it's a little more consistent since it has room for renegade ralliers but I don't see how it can be significant numbers more consistent. I also like that abzan has multiple combos and ways of winning in case druid gets shut down and has black sideboard options.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
2-2 with UB Mill at Modern FNM today. Lost a squeaker to Death's Shadow Jund, then stomped Kiki Chord, then beat UWR Control, then got stomped by regular Jund. Highlights-

R1-G3 he Inquisitions me when I have two lands and a Visions in hand. I cast the Visions for 1 hoping to draw a land or Archive Trap but hit a Fatal Push instead. I lose that and he kills me two turns later with a Battle Rage'd Death's Shadow; the Fatal Push I lost to Inquisition would've saved me. Gambled and lost on that one.

R2 I got to double-Surgical his Chords and Eldritch Evolutions turn 2 or 3 G1, then Surgical'd his Witnesses G2 with all of his wincons in his GY and a Crab and Orb grinding him down.

R3-G2 he failed to respect the Orb and while he has a clock on me in terms of attacking, he can't both attack and counter my mill spells without putting the game out of his reach thanks to Orb. Also he Runed Halo'd naming Mind Funeral which I thought was a mistake (I would've named Glimpse) since I had been whiffing on Funeral all night, but he was adamant that it had been the right call.

R4-G1 I hit a four-card Mind Funeral which was super feel-bads, especially because I came kind of close to actually beating him. G2 he opens with a ton of discard and I die very quickly. I try something new here and board out all of my Surgicals because what the hell am I going to pull out of Jund to slow it down, but I die too quickly to see if it was a good call.

I still like the deck but I might switch back to RG Breach for a bit, I could've gone 4-0 against that string of opponents on Breach. That or run one of the many decks for which I have all of the cards, but haven't bothered to sleeve them up :v:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Weenie decks having access to a 4cmc wrath that says 'but only for your stuff definitely seems like it has potential.

It's even got use against grindy decks if the game goes long.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I do not regret replacing one of my lightning helixes in Norin Sisters with a Fling. Suddenly launching a giant Ajani's Pridemate at people's heads is the best unexpected victory.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
No FNM fired (summer in a college town), but I played a few games on the GW version. Played against Esper Control with a splash for Nahiri, Elves, and RG Ponza. The control matches were great, combo is fast and there's enough redundancy to fight through counters and removal. Post board got Vizier extracted, but Tireless Tracker had some amazing value and Gavony Township pumped the dorks. Elves was basically a race, guy plays Overwhelming Stampede so Path is less useful. RG Ponza was bad, my inexperience showed as I kept a 1-lander against an unknown opponent and had my dorks & lands killed off. Second game he miracle'd two copies of Bonfire for an overwhelming victory. Gonna throw in some Knight of the Reliquaries and more Trackers for that one (another guy at the shop plays Ponza). Has anyone else on GWx Collected Company faced Elves or Ponza? Curious what some big hitters were out of the side or a general strategy.

Some notes:
The threat of combo lets you get away with some pretty greedy plays
Tireless Tracker is an amazing card & I want more of them
Eldritch Evolution feels good with a bunch of mana dorks
Eternal Witness is great & incredibly versatile, heard it aptly described as the `green Snapcaster`
Duskwatch Recruiter's ability is insanely valuable, but his flip is annoying
Still want to try Archangel of Thune for a secondary combo

myDad fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 3, 2017

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I know it involves a pretty good draw and no interaction from the opponent, but I'm not sure that I like the fact that the Vizier decks can just go T2 Druid and threaten to win the game as soon as they untap.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

myDad posted:

Has anyone else on GWx Collected Company faced Elves or Ponza? Curious what some big hitters were out of the side or a general strategy.

One of the guys in my group has played elves for a long time. It's a decent matchup, at least for the abzan version, because they don't have interaction. I bring in orzhov pontiff and maybe eidolon of rhetoric but I actually don't bring paths in at all. They go too wide and path doesn't keep them off fast companies. It really comes down to keeping hands that can combo or find combo.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

This is the new modern jam I'm testing, sideboard in progress. It's been fun as gently caress.

Deck: Grixis As Foretold

//Lands
1 Blood Crypt
2 Darkslick Shores
3 Island
2 Misty Rainforest
4 Polluted Delta
4 Scalding Tarn
2 Steam Vents
2 Swamp
2 Watery Grave

//Artifacts
1 Engineered Explosives

//Enchantments
4 As Foretold
1 Blood Moon

//Instants
3 Fatal Push
2 Kolaghan's Command
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Mana Leak
1 Spell Snare

//Sorceries
4 Ancestral Vision
1 Collective Brutality
4 Serum Visions
1 Yahenni's Expertise

//Creatures
3 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
1 Keranos, God of Storms
4 Snapcaster Mage
1 Tasigur, the Golden Fang

//Sideboard
1 Blood Moon
2 Collective Brutality
1 Damnation
4 Fulminator Mage
2 Liliana of the Veil
1 Liliana, the Last Hope
2 Surgical Extraction
2 Terminate

Display deck statistics

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Fingers McLongDong posted:

One of the guys in my group has played elves for a long time. It's a decent matchup, at least for the abzan version, because they don't have interaction. I bring in orzhov pontiff and maybe eidolon of rhetoric but I actually don't bring paths in at all. They go too wide and path doesn't keep them off fast companies. It really comes down to keeping hands that can combo or find combo.

Yeah the Elves match felt like a straight race. Seems like it's pretty difficult to go over the combo except with something like Eldrazi Tron, and the deck is very well suited to play a grindy game. Thinking about moving some of the interaction (silver bullets) to the side & pushing for a Knight of the Reliquary/Tireless Tracker split main. Against other combo or wide aggro the Druid combo is plan A & attempting to hedge those matches preboard feels wasteful. Knight might be able to stand up to Goyf or Gurmangler if I end up in a grindy game & Tireless Tracker is brilliant in those scenarios. Anyway, thanks for the words of wisdom and I'll provide updates as I play a wider field.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Other company players: I've seen Dusk//Dawn suggested for the sideboard, has anyone tried it? Seems like a huge slam dunk against something like jund shadow or eldrazi decks. Don't know if it's just being cute or not though and I'm low on testing time.

Interesting! It's good chaff for Thoughtseize/TKS and may let you hold on to a CoCo. Also an amazing top-deck that could turn around the game.

myDad fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 3, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
So the Kiki Chord guy I played on Friday was also running Eldritch Evolution, which reminded me of how sweet that card is. Then I saw a couple lists like the following go 5-0 in MTGO leagues and am wondering if Little Kid GW/Abzan could work with some silver bullets to tutor with Evolution-

Deck: GWb Evolution

//Lands
4 Blooming Marsh
2 Forest
1 Gavony Township
1 Godless Shrine
1 Horizon Canopy
1 Marsh Flats
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Plains
1 Swamp
2 Temple Garden
4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Windswept Heath

//Spells
4 Eldritch Evolution
2 Lingering Souls
2 Maelstrom Pulse
4 Path to Exile

//Creatures
1 Anafenza, the Foremost
1 Aven Mindcensor
1 Baneslayer Angel
4 Birds of Paradise
1 Eidolon of Rhetoric
1 Eternal Witness
4 Kitchen Finks
1 Linvala, Keeper of Silence
3 Noble Hierarch
2 Siege Rhino
1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
4 Voice of Resurgence
1 Wilt-Leaf Liege

//Sideboard
2 Collective Brutality
1 Gaddock Teeg
1 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Maelstrom Pulse
3 Nihil Spellbomb
1 Reclamation Sage
3 Stony Silence
2 Thoughtseize
1 Tireless Tracker

Display deck statistics

My gut tells me to lean more into the beatdown plan but that's because I still secretly love GW beats from my childhood. Also, grab Renegade Rallier off of Evolution and then bring back the guy you sacced to Evolution? Too cute?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

C-Euro posted:

So the Kiki Chord guy I played on Friday was also running Eldritch Evolution, which reminded me of how sweet that card is. Then I saw a couple lists like the following go 5-0 in MTGO leagues and am wondering if Little Kid GW/Abzan could work with some silver bullets to tutor with Evolution-

Deck: GWb Evolution

//Lands
4 Blooming Marsh
2 Forest
1 Gavony Township
1 Godless Shrine
1 Horizon Canopy
1 Marsh Flats
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Plains
1 Swamp
2 Temple Garden
4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Windswept Heath

//Spells
4 Eldritch Evolution
2 Lingering Souls
2 Maelstrom Pulse
4 Path to Exile

//Creatures
1 Anafenza, the Foremost
1 Aven Mindcensor
1 Baneslayer Angel
4 Birds of Paradise
1 Eidolon of Rhetoric
1 Eternal Witness
4 Kitchen Finks
1 Linvala, Keeper of Silence
3 Noble Hierarch
2 Siege Rhino
1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
4 Voice of Resurgence
1 Wilt-Leaf Liege

//Sideboard
2 Collective Brutality
1 Gaddock Teeg
1 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Maelstrom Pulse
3 Nihil Spellbomb
1 Reclamation Sage
3 Stony Silence
2 Thoughtseize
1 Tireless Tracker

Display deck statistics

My gut tells me to lean more into the beatdown plan but that's because I still secretly love GW beats from my childhood. Also, grab Renegade Rallier off of Evolution and then bring back the guy you sacced to Evolution? Too cute?

Is Aven Mindcensor any good with no instant speed chords or companies? I suppose it hoses some decks but it seems suspect maindeck w/o chord. Also in a mainly gw deck I'd much rather have four noble hierarchs before four bops and would reconfigure the mana base if the bop's black source was that important.

I have some other reservations about the list but not very confident ones.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pontius Pilate posted:

Is Aven Mindcensor any good with no instant speed chords or companies? I suppose it hoses some decks but it seems suspect maindeck w/o chord. Also in a mainly gw deck I'd much rather have four noble hierarchs before four bops and would reconfigure the mana base if the bop's black source was that important.

I have some other reservations about the list but not very confident ones.

It's not my list so I couldn't tell you why they put Mindcensor in there, there are a few lists of this flavor on MTGGoldfish and I was just looking at those. I'm guessing they just wanted some three-mana hosers that you could turn your mana dorks into later in the game, but I'd switch it with the Tracker in the SB. And yeah four Hierarchs would be better but in my case I only have two right now :v:

E: Looking through them again, I think I like this one more but only 3 Evolutions bums me out a little bit.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 5, 2017

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

What do you all think of Counters Company (https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-counters-company#paper) in modern? Looking to finally get into the format having not really played at all since New Phyrexia/Innistrad, and doing some solitaire with it in Cockatrice it feels like a lot of fun getting the infinite mana combo off. I liked Twin a bunch when it was in standard, so I guess that makes sense as to why I like this. Just looking at the other decks in the meta, Grixis Death's Shadow seems cool, but it feels perhaps a little too focused in its win condition.

The land base isn't cheap which isn't a surprise, but I don't mind since it potentially carries over to other decks.

(Thanks to C-Euro for pointing this thread out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Maindeck Eidolon of Rhetoric seems questionable in a beatdown deck, even as a silver bullet. You're a beatdown deck and the card doesn't really do anything to facilitate that game plan, so it's going to be really bad in the games you draw it naturally and don't want it for the matchup. I could see if it you're preparing for a meta that you know has a lot of combo, but otherwise it's kind of unimpressive. You might want more Rhinos as well; it's your best fatty in general and probably the default Evolution target except for maybe Baneslayer Angel?

No maindeck Pridemages also seems a little anomalous.