Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I like to believe Olivier was holding up a glass of wine in that exact same manner when he invited the restaurant manager to join him, just before he was tossed in the slammer. :)

Anyway, not going to comment except that evil can be a fairly subjective thing in this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

XainZero posted:

Sort of. In every chapter except 1 and 7, i think, there's a sparkle on one of the bookshelves in the Hermit's Garden that gives you access to some books to read. If you touch all the sparkles you get a really handy accessory in the final chapter. In addition if you win at least 300 battles without running or run away from at least 300 battles then if you examine the fountain in the Hermit's Garden in the final chapter you get a unique quartz.
Aw man I haven't been checking that, and when I went back just now there was only one sparkle. Do they come back from previous chapters later on if I just proceed a bit? I asked earlier if there any weird missables and the only thing I was told was the 300 battle thing.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Arrrgh why do crossbell games report story quests at the end of the chapter...

I hope CS isn't like that

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Aw man I haven't been checking that, and when I went back just now there was only one sparkle. Do they come back from previous chapters later on if I just proceed a bit? I asked earlier if there any weird missables and the only thing I was told was the 300 battle thing.

I don't think so.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

RegalStar posted:

Arrrgh why do crossbell games report story quests at the end of the chapter...

I hope CS isn't like that

End of the day, then the end of the chapter, in most cases.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Paperhouse posted:

I just finished Cold Steel and

The twist :stare: Totally should have seen that coming. Having played the Sky games I was fully expecting something big to happen and had even been thinking "I wonder if this person turns out to be evil" about almost every character, and yet it was only at the moment you find out that Crow was giving back everything he'd borrowed and heading to Heimdallr that I started to suspect it. Did anyone guess way earlier? I'm not sure if I was dumb not to see it or if they hid it really well.

I'm torn between getting the 2nd game right away and waiting a while. I want to know what happens next but could probably use a break from the gameplay a little bit

To be honest I kinda assumed all the poo poo being set up was meant to be a sequel hook, because it seemed like they were getting pretty close to crunch time and everything after the Obligatory Final JRPG Boss (because every knows that C is the actual final boss) was meant as an extended epilogue. Also, you know, the whole Crow "optimum bounce vectors, "man I got cucked by Angie again"" Armburst being a super strong terrorist deal.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

XainZero posted:

I don't think so.
What is the accessory?

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
I believe it's an accessory that prevents stat-downs and gives a whole lot of bonusses to your stats, similar to the emblems.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't suppose anyone has a save at the very start of Chapter 5 with all the books and SC save bonuses?

E: Somewhere in Chapter 4 would work too since that was a pretty fun chapter all told.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 30, 2017

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

What is the accessory?

The Esmelas Circlet. All stats up and immunity to status effects except instant death.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

There's no shortage of super good accessories though and even having to equip 16 people I'm not sure I used it

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
That's what the description says, but it might be wrong. The game confuses stat-downs with status effects in one or two places.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

I'm so glad this is a thing you can do

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

SC Bracer posted:

I'm so glad this is a thing you can do

*Jeopardy music plays*

Who is Alan Richard?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've never used Cheat Engine before but given the frequency it gets brought up here how hard would it be to use it to run through the game again quickly (like speeding up the battles, making my dudes super strong, etc.)?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Speedhack is super simple, buffing stats is more complicated and not something I'm super familiar with

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Search for the stat, change it with equipment and search again, set it to 9999 and lock it? Assuming there isn't any check to prevent that.

I mean if you just desperately want the books I can dig through my saves when I get home, I saved in a new slot every time. But that'll be like 6 hours from now. Also I played on normal if that matters.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Extremely easy. You can download other people's cheat tables which means the hard work of finding memory addresses is already done.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

lets hang out posted:

Search for the stat, change it with equipment and search again, set it to 9999 and lock it? Assuming there isn't any check to prevent that.

I mean if you just desperately want the books I can dig through my saves when I get home, I saved in a new slot every time. But that'll be like 6 hours from now. Also I played on normal if that matters.
That's fine (and super awesome!) since I'm stuck at work for like another 8 hours anyway.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Nate RFB posted:

I don't suppose anyone has a save at the very start of Chapter 5 with all the books and SC save bonuses?

E: Somewhere in Chapter 4 would work too since that was a pretty fun chapter all told.

https://expirebox.com/download/53eedeb9a42f508b4cc3207e4ba0c9a6.html

Try this one. It's a save from the GOG version (should work with Steam) saved at the very start of Chapter 5, so new book can be viewed in the library right away. I'm pretty sure I've kept up with the books up until this point. Link probably expires within a day or so.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Erpy posted:

Try this one. It's a save from the GOG version (should work with Steam) saved at the very start of Chapter 5, so new book can be viewed in the library right away. I'm pretty sure I've kept up with the books up until this point. Link probably expires within a day or so.

Oh god I missed Carnelia all the way back in Chapter 2 when I didn't realize things were there, and I'm in Chapter 6 now. That's just depressing given I have every other book available.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Replaying CS1 and wondering how large Garrelia Fortress actually is. Like if you compared it to a landmark or even possibly a city does anyone know roughly how large it would be?

The game said it took them ten minutes to drive to the demonstration site so the overall land mass seems city size

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
TiTS 3rd end game: what's going on with the giant shining pom and his minions at the bottom of the Abyss (Chapter 7)? My 4 characters are at level 135, I buffed Julia and used her S-craft with 200CP and it did no damage. How do you kill them? Is a particular character required?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

hepcat posted:

TiTS 3rd end game: what's going on with the giant shining pom and his minions at the bottom of the Abyss (Chapter 7)? My 4 characters are at level 135, I buffed Julia and used her S-craft with 200CP and it did no damage. How do you kill them? Is a particular character required?

Julia's strength is super low. Take Agate or Richard, pump their strength up over 3000 and try another 200 CP S-Craft.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

hepcat posted:

Use S-Crafts. Agate is not required but helps for obvious reasons.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you probably just need a character with higher strength using a 200 cp s craft, it's a pure damage check. Or just sanctum nova

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So Sanctum Nova's actually good in 3rd?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

scales off ATS my dude

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's based off of her ATS now so it's very good

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Erpy posted:

Interesting that you don't get a book item for it. I assume you don't even need to read it, just activate each sparkle?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

are you gonna take that chance

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Interesting that you don't get a book item for it. I assume you don't even need to read it, just activate each sparkle?

Yep. Because each sparkle is a batch of books. One is all of Carnelia, another is all the issues of the Liberl News from FC and SC; it's a lot of optional reading.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
You don't need to actually read or click through the pages for the Esmelas circlet. You do to get the two achievements tied to the books.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
CS2 Epilogue spoilers. Rean. Rean why. why is [Admire Millium] even an option. how thirsty are you.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Last Celebration posted:

CS2 Epilogue spoilers. Rean. Rean why. why is [Admire Millium] even an option. how thirsty are you.

He just spent the last few months with Altina, I suppose.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

couldn't remember what that referred to so i went and looked at a video of millium's events (didn't find it) and was surprised to see that she actually talks a little bit about herself in the epilogue if you chose her. nothing anyone hadn't guessed but hey neat. also there's a little crossbell spoiler :cheeky:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

lets hang out posted:

couldn't remember what that referred to so i went and looked at a video of millium's events (didn't find it) and was surprised to see that she actually talks a little bit about herself in the epilogue if you chose her. nothing anyone hadn't guessed but hey neat. also there's a little crossbell spoiler :cheeky:

Final swimming event, if you pick Millium.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

oh right lol

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Hey I never actually picked her, that'd be super dumb with Sara right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

where's the save folder for sky 3rd