Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

f you want to see a lovely set of rolls, here you go:

Which is some ragequit-inducingly bad rolls.

I dunno what you're expecting here, there's some great pulls there if you are a newer player and still some good pulls even for established players. Anyone who's been playing for a while should have long since accepted that they're going to roll dupes and troll golds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

JP players: What do the next few tournaments coming to NA look like? Anything where I get an excuse to use three Ilms?

Sure is
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SjjZwZrzNro

NA is like over a year behind JP as far as ranking dungeons go though so who knows when this is coming over, and if a better strat will appear once it does

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Roll status: half good, half absolute trash, mostly dupes

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

change my name posted:

Roll status: half good, half absolute trash, mostly dupes

You don't want to awaken Indra, FYI.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

isndl posted:

I dunno what you're expecting here, there's some great pulls there if you are a newer player and still some good pulls even for established players. Anyone who's been playing for a while should have long since accepted that they're going to roll dupes and troll golds.

I didn't have 16 of the 25 featured, not to mention a whole bunch of dark gala cards like Yomi etc. And even for dupes I could use stuff like dupe Ganesha/VO/Haku/DC.

I rolled 6 dupes I literally can't use at all, 5 troll golds/silvers, a spike I don't need or can use, and Andromeda and Loki. I got well and truly hosed by this godfest, considering my expectations were bargain-basement "I'd like Indra and another Diochan for my Anubis team".

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You don't want to awaken Indra, FYI.

If he's got revo Anubis and/or wants to run revo Anubis, especially if he has Diaochan(s), yes he does.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 30, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Free roll got me Artemis, nice. Been wanting her to complete the set since like forever. My alt got her recently and that was a bit of a fucker. Now if I can just get Meimei on this rather than the alt.
second roll, Pandora, nice but not new but I think I remember hearing she's one that having multiple of is good

third, chester. chester get in the bin

e: wait, it's dark chester, I don't have him yet. you are saved from the bin

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Man, the idea of a good GF being simply completing sets of pantheon is such a change of pace, it's refreshing to not have every roll get analyzed in the context of the meta.

Artemis owns too, her Revo is a real beast of a sub for anyone that runs green leaders.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

dragon enthusiast posted:

Sure is

NA is like over a year behind JP as far as ranking dungeons go though so who knows when this is coming over, and if a better strat will appear once it does

At this point I wonder if the huge delays in ranking dungeons is deliberately to give the meta time to change. Make it harder to find the optimal strat.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Got Haku (1), Haku (2), Sima Yi (1), Loki (1), Loki (2), 6x silver trash, Fruit dragon, Arcline (1), Kush(2), Anubis (1), Persephone (1), Creuse (1), Andromeda (1), Isis (1), and Pandora (2).

Basically short of a 3rd Haku, 2nd Indra, or a Fujin, I got everything I could have wanted. Spend $20 for a few of the rolls, but most was free stones. Only had Kushinadhime, Leilan, and Pandora before this godfest too so I was more than happy to burn the stones on it.

Now I *really* need to get D. Athena already considering I have a stable of amazing subs for her.

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 30, 2017

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I'm trying to decide if I should bother with Sima Yi on my DAth team. Currently running: DAth (r.orochi)/Haku(Haku)/Haku(Lumiel)/Haku(Indra)/Durga(Muse)

I would have to replace one of the Hakus as I need Durga for the double SBR + enhance.

But, since he has much lower stats than the Hakus I'm not sure if it's even worth it.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I didn't have 16 of the 25 featured, not to mention a whole bunch of dark gala cards like Yomi etc. And even for dupes I could use stuff like dupe Ganesha/VO/Haku/DC.

I rolled 6 dupes I literally can't use at all, 5 troll golds/silvers, a spike I don't need or can use, and Andromeda and Loki. I got well and truly hosed by this godfest, considering my expectations were bargain-basement "I'd like Indra and another Diochan for my Anubis team".

That's just the nature of the gacha though, I went in with 8/25 to start and after 44+1 rolls I've only picked up 8 completely new from the featured list (along with some dupes). I'm still missing Ganesha, there's tons of people rolling desperately for Haku right now, etc. You should never be rolling expecting anything specific, especially for stuff that's 6* like Diaochan.

e: for reference, my first fourteen rolls had exactly four pulls from the featured list, while you had eight. You just had the misfortune to have half of them be dupes.

isndl fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 30, 2017

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

isndl posted:

That's just the nature of the gacha though, I went in with 8/25 to start and after 44+1 rolls I've only picked up 8 completely new from the featured list (along with some dupes). I'm still missing Ganesha, there's tons of people rolling desperately for Haku right now, etc. You should never be rolling expecting anything specific, especially for stuff that's 6* like Diaochan.

I was rolling for anything I didn't have, plus a bunch of high-value dupes, which combined for like 21 of 25 featured. I just preferred if I got Indra or Diaochan. Instead I got a sub for a team I dislike playing and Andromeda, who while cool is virtually useless since I don't have nor run blue teams.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I really want to buy DAthena but I don't have great subs for her and I'd probably end up using her as a sub for DMeta. I've considered Yomidra for the same reason.

panascope fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 30, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kuros posted:

I'm trying to decide if I should bother with Sima Yi on my DAth team. Currently running: DAth (r.orochi)/Haku(Haku)/Haku(Lumiel)/Haku(Indra)/Durga(Muse)

I would have to replace one of the Hakus as I need Durga for the double SBR + enhance.

But, since he has much lower stats than the Hakus I'm not sure if it's even worth it.

inherit him over the first haku for the active if you find orb lock annoying (I know I do). I don't think he has any value over haku outside of the active

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Free roll: Shaitan (Ugh)

Used 15 stones: Indra, Liu Bei, Acala

Are any of the three stones rolls good? I'm assuming Indra is good, and Liu Bei seems good, but I'm not sure on Acala.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Televisio Frankus posted:

Used 15 stones: Indra, Liu Bei, Acala

Are any of the three stones rolls good? I'm assuming Indra is good, and Liu Bei seems good, but I'm not sure on Acala.

All great. Indra has a great skill for inheritance and is used on various teams (see above), LB has been one of the premier farming/pushbutton leaders for what, more than a year now?, and Acala was a FOTM leader a bit ago.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

maou shoujo posted:

At this point I wonder if the huge delays in ranking dungeons is deliberately to give the meta time to change. Make it harder to find the optimal strat.

This is the only logical explanation I can think of

Gungho has shown that they don't really believe in things like that so who knows

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
My rolls: Anubis, Chester, Loki, Undine, Zweihander. In other words absolutely nothing useful for me. I know Anubis is supposed to be top-tier but I don't think I can effectively use him at this point.

As for the rest - thoughts on whether I need to keep them all vs. feed those sweet +50s to cards I actually use?

WCL
Dec 26, 2008

NYAAAH-AH-AH!
To everyone who ever wanted Eschamali, it's me stealing her from you. I'm sorry!

I'm at my 5th. I'm not a whale. I rarely buy rolls. It was just meant to be! Please, I rather have an Andromeda.

Did get my 1st Leilan, Ilm, Sima Yi and Ganesha though. And Green Zhuge Liang, I honestly forgot this was a monster.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kuros posted:

Unless you need an unlock there is no reason for you to use Sima Yi in place of a Haku.

panascope posted:

I really want to buy DAthena but I don't have great subs for her and I'd probably end up using her as a sub for DMeta. I've considered Yomidra for the same reason.

What subs would you have? You don't need top tier units like Haku to clear tons of stuff with D.Athena. I'm sure it makes everything much easier though.

pookel posted:

My rolls: Anubis, Chester, Loki, Undine, Zweihander. In other words absolutely nothing useful for me. I know Anubis is supposed to be top-tier but I don't think I can effectively use him at this point.

As for the rest - thoughts on whether I need to keep them all vs. feed those sweet +50s to cards I actually use?

Absolutely keep Loki.

e: Phys kill latents only come from A3 correct?

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 30, 2017

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
PCGF True Story:

As I pulled on the dragon's arm I aloud just yelled HAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and I pulled a Haku.

It works.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

SweetJahasus posted:

PCGF True Story:

As I pulled on the dragon's arm I aloud just yelled HAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and I pulled a Haku.

It works.

My friend tried this and got Diaochan instead.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

What subs would you have? You don't need top tier units like Haku to clear tons of stuff with D.Athena. I'm sure it makes everything much easier though.

I have one Reincarnated Haku, Awoken Loki, D/L Castor, Reincarnated Tsukuyomi (and could make a second), a couple D/B Durga, and Reincarnated Vritra.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

panascope posted:

I have one Reincarnated Haku, Awoken Loki, D/L Castor, Reincarnated Tsukuyomi (and could make a second), a couple D/B Durga, and Reincarnated Vritra.

you'd be fine imo. my main's dathena team is like durga/beach valk/persephone/loki (tho that's gonna change now that I have haku and sima yi on the account) and it's still able to do a lot

reincarnate your loki tho

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Due to the 3(:sigh:) Sima Yi dupes I pulled I'll probably change my setup to something like D.Athena(Fuijin)/Sima Yi(Famiel)/Sima Yi(Indra)/Revo Persephone(NYE Haku)/Revo Loki (Vajrabhairava) and run one of the number D.Athena(Orochi) BFFs I have as my friend unit. I could drop Persephone for a 3rd Sima Yi but her double convert can be handy and she has a ridiculous amount of stats compared to Sima Yi. Eventually I'll Revo my 2nd Loki and replace the Vajra inherit with him due to more stats and a faster/better(?) active. :shrug:

I need a shitload of dark Pys though. None of the subs are max skilled and I need 15-20 of the little bastards.

panascope posted:

Haku and Loki plus 2 more SBRs is easily enough to justify a D.Athena for plowing through 99% of content and probably A3 with some extra work.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Yeah unless you're really good I think the ideal is Haku/Haku/Yomi/Loki. Those extra TE make a huge difference in terms of how often I hit 7c without skyfall.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I rolled six times. No 6* anything so that's it for me. Gotta save for sengoku 2

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I just watched my fiance roll two Diaochans within 25 stones, geez

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Leilan, Diaochan, Diaochan, Pandora, Zweihander, Akechi, Kush, DQXQ, Sheen, Andro

No teams for: Leilan, Diaochans, Zweihander (bad card anyways), Akechi, Pandora or Kush.

I'll inherit DQXQ for Myr, Sheen is useful for obvious reasons and Andro's split goes on Meri for 2 SBR.

Can't complain I guess, a lot of these will become useful later on as I roll more.

Read fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 30, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what teams is revo leilan good for anyway?

leilan and karin having rows instead of prongs bums me out

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

what teams is revo leilan good for anyway?

leilan and karin having rows instead of prongs bums me out

Ilm I think, specifically for ranking dungeons since it provides fast floor clears with high combo count and damage. But I guess dupe Ilms/Iliminas are better for that, so IDK. You can combo the board change with some double orb changers to make a mono board of a few types probably.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Read posted:

I'll inherit DQXQ for Myr, Sheen is useful for obvious reasons and Andro's split goes on Meri for 2 SBR.

Is Sheen useful for a specific team comp or just generally useful as an inherit?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

GoodBee posted:

You rolled pretty much a whole DAthena team.

You want to make Awoken then Reincarnated Persephone, use her as your leader and pair with DAthena friends. You can get someone to carry you through the bosses you need for her. Loki and Pandora are good subs. Cerberus Rider is good early game and can go on that team too. Pandora has the biggest multiplier before evoing so you can put her in front before making Awoken Persephone.

Isis has a different play style and is pretty fun.

Leilan is a good red sub. She can be a leader too but she's not very popular. There are a couple of leaders she can pair with, depending on what other red mons you have.

Oh neat. I'm not even to rank 100 so I suspect it'll be a minute before much of this matters, but I did get another roll and pulled Anubis.

I swapped my leader from Mito (who I was using basically for the extra two seconds because I'm a scrub) to Leilan because it's relatively easy for me to turn on her combo multiplier even with the reduced time. At the moment I'm probably going to trim my friends list to include Ilmina, because the combo is easy to trigger and 7x6 board is really nice. The two of them together are working well enough right now. I have an Echidna that I'm leveling up and can probably use at some point, I've heard that menace is a pretty useful active.

Is there a decent resource for figuring this stuff out for myself?

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 30, 2017

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Is Sheen useful for a specific team comp or just generally useful as an inherit?

Sheen is the 2nd most generally applicable gemstone, after Carat. My Artemis team has 7-8 TE (depending on a flex slot) so I'm only getting 3.1-3.4x from her - but that's plenty for all the content in NA right now. By comparison, I would have 4.6x with Facet and 3.1x with Carat - but that's just because it's an extremely TPA heavy team. SB and TE can be found on all three of row, prong and generic combo/hybrid teams.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dragon enthusiast posted:

Sure is

Average combo 13.6 and he ended with his Ilmina active unused :eyepop:

This is loving great so I absolutely want to get that one unchanged so that I get to play with my favorite lazy whaletoys.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Evil Fluffy posted:

I need a shitload of dark Pys though. None of the subs are max skilled and I need 15-20 of the little bastards.
Don't we all? There's no better way than Arena, right? Average 250 stamina per coop or 500 per solo.

e: oh god I doubleposted and meant to edit

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ABRA. Always Be Running Arena. Plus the py reward dungeons we get always be sure to restart them to get the py you want.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Now that I have a Ganesha, is there a recommended team / dungeon for rank ups? I've heard Hanuman is doable as coop with the right subs, anything that requires less specific mons and still gives a poo poo load of XP?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Now that I have a Ganesha, is there a recommended team / dungeon for rank ups? I've heard Hanuman is doable as coop with the right subs, anything that requires less specific mons and still gives a poo poo load of XP?

Monday dungeon on legend is doable on co-op with double ganesha and all farmable subs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read
Dec 21, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Assuming you don't mean you want to farm ranks, which is very inadvisable, the most popular dungeons for EXP with Ganesha are Monday and Weekend. Both use Ganesha with Nazca and Zeus-Dios.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/53fh18/short_guide_ganeshanazca_monday_legend_farming/

Read fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 30, 2017