Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Given Rachel and Rich Tweedy are very dead this is looking like purgatory (though I thought the burger joint the Broken Machinery kids visited was Hugo's?), also the orange sky; or Mrs. Terry is a witch or something and the answer is a weird discarded character land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It's going to be Gibbous Moon. Or Shelby Winner.

In any event I worry Boyce is going to remain there and only sensible, driven, hard-nosed Erin will be able to move beyond. (For 4-6 months, until JA remembers he can never truly abandon any character.)

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Maybe the Pale Goth blonde girl Esther didn't like.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
It's going to be Mother Shipton.

Or Natalie.

Or... was it Margo Plods?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sarah Grote.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Sarah was still alive and well, and kissing Eustace, in the Giant Day comic.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Wait did they die again somehow?

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
Dead philosophers in heaven updated after a year! http://www.dead-philosophers.com/?p=1338

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Future Days posted:

Dead philosophers in heaven updated after a year! http://www.dead-philosophers.com/?p=1338

that is really bad and boring

unlike strong female protagonist

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Kiwi Blitz moving up to twice a week here soon :toot:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Good stuff given that this is endgame we're reaching here.

Which reminds me, I framed my LSE comic page. Right pain in the rear it is to find someone who will do to-order frame mats.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 29, 2017

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

Good stuff given that this is endgame we're reaching here.

Which reminds me, I framed my LSE comic page. Right pain in the rear it is to find someone who will do to-order frame mats.

There's several chain stores that'll do custom framing and matting...Micheal's, JoAnn's, Aaron Brothers.

I have several unusually-shaped items I've wanted to get framed & matted for years, but I've been too lazy.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
It Hurts just ended it's run today and the finale was pretty drat good. If you haven't already experienced the magic that is It Hurts then you're really missing out:

As always the rule for new readers is to start on page 1 and read through at least the first 100 pages. :siren:No cheating and reading the more recent stuff!:siren:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm so glad I got to experience It Hurts

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pyroclastic posted:

There's several chain stores that'll do custom framing and matting...Micheal's, JoAnn's, Aaron Brothers.

I have several unusually-shaped items I've wanted to get framed & matted for years, but I've been too lazy.

I should clarify I meant getting that done over here (the UK) for anything less than your first born is a pain in the balls. Found a guy though.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

readingatwork posted:

It Hurts just ended it's run today and the finale was pretty drat good. If you haven't already experienced the magic that is It Hurts then you're really missing out

As always the rule for new readers is to start on page 1 and read through at least the first 100 pages. :siren:No cheating and reading the more recent stuff!:siren:

I followed this recommendation, and though there were a few moments of doubt here or there ("this is alright so far I guess", "at least the first hundred? that's a tall ask"), I am very very glad that I've done so.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
am i alone in actually reading a good-size chunk of it hurts and just not getting the appeal

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Did you read to 100?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes

e: at this point im just assuming im the crazy one for not "getting it"

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 11:26 on May 30, 2017

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
yes you are

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It is a good webcomic, it's understandable why webcomic readers might not like it.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I won't pretend I read Scarygoround as far back as 2002, but it's still weird as hell to see Tessa and Rachel again.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 12:23 on May 30, 2017

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I did, and it's... Interesting to see them in the new style. It really shows how Allison's drawing ability has grown in these billion years.

Tollymain posted:

yes

Nah, I also read it and felt like I wasted my time with a bunch of my friends insisting on the hundred comics thing.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 30, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you read to 100 and don't like it that's fine! It's not for everyone. In fact I'd say most likely most people start liking it well before 100, it's just that 100 is where the actual scope of the story comes into focus, which is why it's recommended to reach that point.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It is a good webcomic, it's understandable why webcomic readers might not like it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Tollymain posted:

yes

What if I said there were demons? Surely that would pique your interest!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm on page 30 and how close am I that it's basically mocking an entire generation of lovely school-setting webcomics with boring protagonists that spoke like edgy 19 year-olds wrapped up in dumb cookie-cutter plots and that were full of loving awful tropes and puns like the molester character?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Just get to page 100 and find out.

If it doesn't hook you at that point, fine, but seriously stop trying to "figure it out" and just let the story carry you along and it'll make page 100 a lot better when you get to it imo.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pierson posted:

I'm on page 30 and how close am I that

You're very far.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Oh wait, spoiler tags are a thing. People who read to page 100 of that:

It's not stellar in some ways, but I really appreciate stories that change themselves drastically, and It Hurts is a very extreme example of that, so I like it. Was it worth reading instead of sleeping last night? No, and now I have regrets, but that's my own problem.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 30, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pierson posted:

I'm on page 30 and how close am I that it's basically mocking an entire generation of lovely school-setting webcomics with boring protagonists that spoke like edgy 19 year-olds wrapped up in dumb cookie-cutter plots and that were full of loving awful tropes and puns like the molester character?

it's a goofy dumb comic about the characters bouncing off each other and Pasqualo being a sadsack, and if you think they're boring it's not going to get any better for you

it gets goofier eventually and kind of hits its stride but the page 100 thing isn't some kind of magical revelation that changes everything if you hated it before

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Imho if you don't like It Hurts!! then you don't deserve to like It Hurts!!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I love that disgusting zombie girl and wish I could slip 'slutshake' into my vocabulary without seeming like a weird rear end in a top hat.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I read it all in one sitting I blame you all, somehow.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Eh, I'm reading through it now, it's alright. I slowly feels less like a 13-year-old's 2-edgy-4-this bullshit once the story goes somewhere.

Personally I'd say just start reading at page 100, though. I can't imagine I'd have kept reading the comic if I found it before that page had happened.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

Eh, I'm reading through it now, it's alright. I slowly feels less like a 13-year-old's 2-edgy-4-this bullshit once the story goes somewhere.

Personally I'd say just start reading at page 100, though. I can't imagine I'd have kept reading the comic if I found it before that page had happened.

Don't do that it's a terrible idea

The first 100 pages are just as important as what comes later

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
Yeah, a lot of stuff that happens after page 100 don't make any sense at all without the material presented in the buildup.
Not that "making sense" is a huge priority for IH!, but still.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Woah Poppy

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

This meme is getting old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Woah Pavlov

• Locked thread