Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Jose posted:

i'm not really sure of your point other than another referendum for a brexit that is extremely popular now brexit is happening

My point is that May would have lost probably 12 months out of 24 to some stupid exercise. I don't think we'd get a second referendum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Hoops posted:

Someone quote that mod post from the other day (literally yesterday?), I'm on mobile and can't find it.

somebody should probably put it in the OP for safe keeping, though there are like two days left till the new one I guess, but we don't want any innocent newbies/people not as sad as we are to read every post that there is to get probed needlessly

Angepain fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 30, 2017

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

namesake posted:

I've bought lunch from a shop nearly every day for the last three years because I got a job which basically doubled my income and suddenly I had tons of cash: I never forgot that I could just make a loving sandwich and put it in an empty ice cream tub to take to work. Who are these people?

Just wrap the sandwich in foil . It's better than carrying a big 2l ice cream tub everywhere yeah you dig?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Guavanaut posted:

People who allegedly don't have enough time to make a sandwich at home. And obviously work in an office with a decent kitchen, because loving lol at trying to make an entire sandwich sat in a van on a site or working in a warehouse where the kitchen facilities are a sink.

Honestly I thought it was gonna be about the pro strat of going to the deli counter and buying the ingredients for one sandwich

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

:eyepop:

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/869661548247212033

"Jeremy Corbyn's leaked plan to allow thousands of unskilled workers into the UK after Brexit"

Looks like some people at Labour HQ are getting a bit worried that Labour won't be defeated as badly as they want.

looks like some tories saw that chart that ukip voters were now switching to labour and want to dam it

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Just wrap the sandwich in foil . It's better than carrying a big 2l ice cream tub everywhere yeah you dig?

How are you protecting against crushing of the sandwich? I assume crusty baguettes will be forbidden in the brave new Brexity world.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Kegluneq posted:

From the Facebooks

Give me a bell when we have Corbyn pepes or he has the endorsement of the Kekistani Republic

Thanks Ants posted:

How are you protecting against crushing of the sandwich? I assume crusty baguettes will be forbidden in the brave new Brexity world.

Bagettes create too many crumbs on your work clothes. The same goes for Artists and their orange cheese dust.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Angepain posted:

somebody should probably put it in the OP for safe keeping, though there are like two days left till the new one I guess, but we don't want any innocent newbies/people not as sad as we are to read every post that there is to get probed needlessly

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=306&perpage=40#post472842232

That one?

If there's just a blanket pissflaps ban then yeah, it should be somewhere more prominent. It was at 2.30 AM, I'm a regular and I missed it.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/869662208892030976

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

Yes I'm sure that article is totally unbiased and paints a fair picture....

Of course it won't, but presuming it's at least truthful about the information being leaked it means someone from Labour is leaking specifically to the Telegraph.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

kustomkarkommando posted:

I wonder what the eight languages are

English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, French, Hindi, Russian and Spanish.

i can't find a list of the 20 that the current outsourcing company offer, but desperately want to know which countries have just been massively snubbed.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

waffle posted:

This one's still against the consensus but I'm curious, what happens if this *is* what happens? Tory + LD isn't enough for a coalition, nor is Lab + SNP.... chaos reigns? Or nothing gets passed for a while except the occasional bill with cross-party support, and we get another election in a couple years?

https://twitter.com/ptr_yeung/status/869659701151244289

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h1F93EJIds

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

What's up with those NI numbers - 18 from 8?

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Cerv posted:

i can't find a list of the 20 that the current outsourcing company offer, but desperately want to know which countries have just been massively snubbed.

The Islamic Caliphate of Germany and Iran it seems

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

There's quite a glaring mistake in that chart - the NI numbers

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cerv posted:

I'd bet money on Germany for one. :v:

Not that they'd need the service yet.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Cerv posted:

Nah, if the Tories are allowed to choose, it's: English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Russian, Polish Cleaner, Irish But Not Northern Irish and American.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The NI numbers will be referring to the fact that Sinn Fein do not take their seats, so do not contribute to the numbers needed for a majority, i would assume.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

e:no

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

nothing to seehere posted:

What's up with those NI numbers - 18 from 8?
Presumably NI-specific parties (so SF/DUP/Alliance) rather than ones which are allied to current parties like the SDLP (Labour) and UUP (Tories).

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Wow if that YouGov projection is correct then Labour would indeed have a chance at forming a coalition government. It might be quite chaotic though. May was talking about it today as it happens.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Nah, if the Tories are allowed to choose, it's: English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Russian, Polish Cleaner, Irish But Not Northern Irish and American.
Now that Osborne's gone nobody's huffing all the polish cleaner at Westminster.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is there a precedent in the UK for an early election being called and then the party in power loving it up horribly?

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

mehall posted:

The NI numbers will be referring to the fact that Sinn Fein do not take their seats, so do not contribute to the numbers needed for a majority, i would assume.

No, there's currently 18 seats in NI, as there was in 2015. Sinn Fein have 4.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
could sinn fein take their seats for the greater good

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

no, and they needn't - you can rule in minority

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cerv posted:

polish seem to be a glaring omission

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Kurtofan posted:

We'd have to get rid of the queen

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Wow if that YouGov projection is correct then Labour would indeed have a chance at forming a coalition government. It might be quite chaotic though. May was talking about it today as it happens.

I'm chaotic good and I welcome this coalition of chaos that seeks to undermine AAR BREXIT

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

waffle posted:

This one's still against the consensus but I'm curious, what happens if this *is* what happens? Tory + LD isn't enough for a coalition, nor is Lab + SNP.... chaos reigns? Or nothing gets passed for a while except the occasional bill with cross-party support, and we get another election in a couple years?

https://twitter.com/ptr_yeung/status/869659701151244289

Depends on just how short of the nut they are. Taking that prediction as our scenario (and bear in mind that's "Lord Lucan rides Shergar down Whitehall" levels of unlikely), then Labour+SNP+LD could squeak through but Corbyn would have to promise them both the Earth to get such a deal. I suppose there's a nonzero chance that, while bloviating about A50 and the need for leadership, some Labour MPs might be tempted to cross the floor (or at least sit as independents in a confidence and supply deal) but the most likely suspects to do so would never throw away their solid (and solidly-Leave) majorities on that.

Which has made me realise that the actual worst-case scenario for the current election although thankfully even less likely is that Labour win a very small majority and Corbyn is then at much more risk of attack from his party than May would be with a small majority, as he'd have to give Benn et. al. everything they wanted just to keep control.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

We'd have to get rid of the queen

oh no.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Cerv posted:

not sure what the second part refers to.

Took me a minute to figure out what the heck the second bit was about. Apparently May argued against reinstating parliamentary expenses to Sinn Fein after they where suspended at the recommendation of the Independent Monitoring Commission following the Northern Bank robbery in 2005 - Sinn Fein receiving parliamentary expenses without taking their seats was not part of the agreement and was introduced by Labour in 2001 after failed Sinn Fein legal challenges on the issue. May basically argued the Tory point that parliamentary expenses should not be extended to non-sitting MPs (which they argued when the bill was initially tabled), couple of other parties also chipped in saying that although they didn't oppose standard expenses the bill was set to grant SF short money which several parties (including the SDLP) disagreed with.

Not really trying to derail the peace process considering uh what else was going on in 2006

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Kurtofan posted:

Perhaps the guarantee of no hard border with the north?

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

jabby posted:

Of course it won't, but presuming it's at least truthful about the information being leaked it means someone from Labour is leaking specifically to the Telegraph.

Wasn't the Ruth Smeeth "floods of tears" incident at Labour's anti-semitism enquiry launch due to someone commenting on the fact a Telegraph journalist was handing her a press release? Sadly I think it's not that uncommon, although it seems really short sighted to me, it's not like you'll ever get a fair hearing in that paper as a Labour MP, no matter how far on the right of the party you are.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Pissflaps posted:

That would count as a Labour win for you, right? Which means no more calls for Corbyn to resign if it happens and maybe a grudging admission that he's not all bad?

Anyway I get the feeling even that result is... optmistic. But still... hope, right?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

There will be no more peace until we're done with the nebulous war on terror, which will be followed by the war of fear and then the war on being scared of the dark

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is this hope i'm feeling in this thread

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

R.l.stine has a lot to answer for wrt the war on terror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Kurtofan posted: