Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

dvorak posted:

My favorite use of voice is listening to my random duo partner give horrible advice and get killed after 10 minutes.

i just hear the whirring of a fidget spinner because i play with children. also cool fidget spinner avatar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

"hey guys there's a level 1 backpack here. anyone need a backpack."
"hey guys keep your eyes out for stocks, i need a stock."
"hey guys i got a smoke grenade so i'll throw it next time we need it."
"hey guys..." *dies to a dude who would have really been easy to hear in solo*

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

ThePeavstenator posted:

are you pushing T to actually talk?

Yes.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Bardeh posted:

The best thing to do is mute in the lobby, unmute on landing. I don't really mind most of the voice spam in the lobby, but there's a split second when you get moved to the plane where the voice chat increases in volume like 1000% and I don't want tinnitus.

Once you're in the game, you really want it unmuted for those people who don't know they're broadcasting every single squad tactic for all to hear, but more importantly for the delicious salt when you kill someone. People get SO MAD

Good news:

quote:

Fixed a bug that caused other players' voice chat to be heard at high volume on the airplane

Let's see if it worked....

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Internet Explorer posted:

My primary squad has a system where if we feel at all that anybody has dropped into the same area with us that we'll keep chat to a minimum, otherwise this is exactly what my squad sounds like.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Just recently started playing. Definitely takes some getting used to on the gunplay compared to other games, and I'm still tweaking my settings to find what is best.

With that in mind, is there a standard recommended graphics settings for this like there are a lot of games? Are people easier to see with foliage set to higher or lower? Any other trap settings that make the game significantly easier or harder?

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
I have this same thing. Voice works fine in any app you'd care to name but in pubg it seems to only work after a patch and up and until i change any of the settings on it. It's frustrating that typing isn't a thing at all because of the few times I've solo queued into squads and voice stopped working, i'd gone insane trying to figure out how to get the attention of 3 nerds who are in a looting fever dream, and try to gesticulate that an enemy squad is 150 yards out southeast and bearing down on our position just for one second will you look out this drat window i'm spazzing out at jfc.

So the lesson is mumble/discord only for group games

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Zaodai posted:

Just recently started playing. Definitely takes some getting used to on the gunplay compared to other games, and I'm still tweaking my settings to find what is best.

With that in mind, is there a standard recommended graphics settings for this like there are a lot of games? Are people easier to see with foliage set to higher or lower? Any other trap settings that make the game significantly easier or harder?

Check the OP?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ice Fist posted:

My primary squad has a system where if we feel at all that anybody has dropped into the same area with us that we'll keep chat to a minimum, otherwise this is exactly what my squad sounds like.

We do tend to shut up in a hurry if somebody says anything, though.

ControlledBurn
Sep 7, 2006

Frost his bag!

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I've seen people say this, but when you're in game you can hear people talking to other people who don't have team only set and not hear their team mates so I'm not 100% certain thats true.

That'd be because it's distance based for All, but Team Only can always hear each other. In other words, you can hear the guy a few meters away, but if he's talking to a teammate 200m away you can't hear the teammate reply. This is why in the lobby you can run away from the idiots screaming obscenities at the top of their lungs, but have to enjoy them again once you're on the plane.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

CHECK CHECK - BREAK

JUMP ON GREEN - one guy in the squad bails out of the airplane

No dude, we meant jump on the green waypoint marker.

THERE'S A DUDE IN THE HOUSE TO THE LEFT! - everyone spins in circles

Definitely one of those games where accurate, timely communication is key.

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 30, 2017

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

They need to add a crayon pickup so I can draw on the map

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Fried Watermelon posted:

They need to add a crayon pickup so I can write penis in exquisite cursive on the map

FTFY

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Neon Belly posted:

Check the OP?

Ah, it was between the lead in paragraph and the big bold all caps thing about installing it on an SSD or you forfeit your right to complain about texture pop-in. I would have assumed it would have been labeled in some way, or in one of the block quotes, or literally anywhere but there when I looked.

My bad.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Sure love how motorbikes do a complete 180 frontflip if your back wheel touches the ground first on any terrain in the game :thumbsup:

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Fried Watermelon posted:

Hey guys I found a Marine.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

my current hot take is that getting shot in the head should just kill you instead of downing you so I don't have to play whackamole with some guy in a window where I shoot him in the face and his friend crouching behind the frame picks him back up infinitely until I get annoyed enough to rush the building and get chested by the guy camping the door with a shotgun

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
Voice is good for bit of banter, like the fella who recently beat me to the Vector on drop, missed killing me with his first clip such that I shook him off long enough to grab an AR, and then 1 shot domed him with it as he came to finish the job.

You better believe there'll be banter for a kill like that. I was probably as surprised as he was given I usually don't shoot that accurately and had forgotten I was on single shot.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

dvorak posted:

My favorite use of voice is listening to my random duo partner give horrible advice and get killed after 10 minutes.

I play solo and spam Trump soundboard effects like I'm 15 years old.

"The hacking-Hacking is bad-Everybody's getting hacked-Probably China"

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

ElectricSheep posted:

I play solo and spam Trump soundboard effects like I'm 15 years old.

"The hacking-Hacking is bad-Everybody's getting hacked-Probably China"

*airhorn*

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Fried Watermelon posted:

And make it globally shared

swastidicks everywhere.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

put a little hut on top of the big georgopol mountain with a machine in it that lets you draw on the map for everyone so that it can become a craterous hellscape littered with the corpses of the valiant warriors who gave their lives in glorious battle to earn the sacred honour of drawing a big fat dick on the map

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

CHECK CHECK - BREAK

JUMP ON GREEN - one guy in the squad bails out of the airplane

No dude, we meant jump on the green waypoint marker.

THERE'S A DUDE IN THE HOUSE TO THE LEFT! - everyone spins in circles

Definitely one of those games where accurate, timely communication is key.

we've had a few new people join my group and we actively mock them until they start using compass headings

"left? your left? my left? relative to what? to you? me? are you an idiot?"

it's the first thing we tell new players and the only thing we rub their noses in if they gently caress it up, because it's the best skill to have. everyone fucks up because it's just natural to say left or right but getting hazed over it once or twice breaks the habit pretty quick

revolther
May 27, 2008

Ah, okay. So basically unbound.
You can also bind auto-run and walk to the same key so that holding it walks super slow and quiet.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

VikingSkull posted:

we've had a few new people join my group and we actively mock them until they start using compass headings

"left? your left? my left? relative to what? to you? me? are you an idiot?"

it's the first thing we tell new players and the only thing we rub their noses in if they gently caress it up, because it's the best skill to have. everyone fucks up because it's just natural to say left or right but getting hazed over it once or twice breaks the habit pretty quick

Hey at least we have IFF so no more "WHO'S THIS? IS THAT YOU BY THE TREE? BY THE TREE!!!"

Also sorry about immediately grounding the boat last night. :cripes:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Three-Phase posted:

Hey at least we have IFF so no more "WHO'S THIS? IS THAT YOU BY THE TREE? BY THE TREE!!!"

VAULT GOD drat IT OR I WILL SHOOT

was the chorus of the DayZ song.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

a lot of goons need to work on this, constant chatter, blam dead.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

[Moderate volume, authoritative tone] REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
lol had one of those games last night where a house we were in was dead center of every single circle up to and including the very last circle

we had tons of ammo from earlier brawls so it was just a slaughter as groups poured in from all directions

ended in a 3v3 (we started with 3, as usual..) against another house that barely made it in the last circle and wrecked them as well, feels good man

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
got revenge from the grave with a well timed molotov

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i dropped in the tunnels cuz im a spicy boy and i wanna fight, and i ran to the other tunnel as some goober had gotten to the close one first. luckily, he still hadn't found a gun when i found an m16 and missed every shot at him as he serpentined away.

i found him later down in the tunnels looting another dude, so i shoot him and what does HE HAVE A SILENCER FOR MY m16 which i exchange for a full auto m4.

then i drove around a lot and got shot at, shot another goober in a big fight and wow he had tons of 5.6 ammo and an 8x. now i basically crawl through the final circles, shooting at a guy whos crawling in the open and doesnt even attempt to run, as my 8x silenced scope is so dirty.

then i get shot from who knows where to end up 3rd.

FEELS BAD MAN

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Piss de Bundy posted:

then i get shot from who knows where to end up 3rd.

FEELS BAD MAN

PUBG.jpg

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
12 rounds, first chicken dinner. Every round before, I would get 1 or two people, this round, 7. Awesome rush.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

More chicken dinners brought to you by a tricked out SCAR.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Photex posted:

More chicken dinners brought to you by a tricked out SCAR.

A fully modded SCAR feels like cheating sometimes.

I had 5 rounds the other night where my drop area had no ARs. Chasing a guy down in a field with an Uzi during the 3rd zone restriction feels bad man.

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

Tonight's squad game with Ruhhrohh, Bobbiek, Grumbles and myself will cost 1 chicken Kuwaiti dinar(s).

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Safetyland posted:

Tonight's squad game with Ruhhrohh, Bobbiek, Grumbles and myself will cost 1 chicken Kuwaiti dinar(s).

chicken Kuwaiti dinar? wla machboos dinner?

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

Son I don't understand a word you just said.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Safetyland posted:

Son I don't understand a word you just said.

Lol

kess ommak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Shot by a dude who was entirely obscured by a buggy while my bullets plinked into the rock at my knees.

I get the "barrel is lower" thing on my side but I'd love to see what his view was from directly behind that tire.

• Locked thread