Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

The Pale King posted:

As oposed to the figurative one?

Actually, little donald is more of a figurative president, you're right.

Arm your doggos against the hordes of basement Nazis, everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

evilweasel posted:

i gotta say this is not a great opening pitch

Well people keep saying that dems need to move to red shitholes and try to flip em, so atleast he is trying

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

evilweasel posted:

Yeah he also refers to Hillary as his hero :rolleyes:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Well people keep saying that dems need to move to red shitholes and try to flip em, so atleast he is trying

Paul Ryan's district is neither a poo poo hole nor very red.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hugh Hewitt on MTP: "Its a shame Angela Merkel criticized America on Memorial Day."

Also, "She started it."

On some level I enjoy how loving sadly stupid Hewitt's arguments are.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/869657922502107136

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Can CNN really not get guests anymore?

I mean John Sununu, really?

https://twitter.com/bocavista2016/status/869658924085116932

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

yeah, and if you read the stuff on his website he's got pieces there for a decent story, but it's just not coming together in the pitch he gives

glad someone is running in that district, but I hope there's going to be at least two someones

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

evilweasel posted:

No poo poo, that is a terrible loving candidate. Paul Ryan's going to win anyway, but a carpetbagger is not going to have a chance.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

It's in Wisconsin, so it's definitely the former.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Man I remember how in 2012 Moonbase Newt got caught paying for twitter followers. LOL.

Also why does Twitter make it so easy to do this?

Like I still don't have a twitter account so I don't know what the signup process is like, but surely their sign up process has basic checks like needing a legit email(which in turn at least has it own checks) and CAPTCHAchachacha stuff.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

"trying":

quote:

ABOUT

His dad was a water treatment plant worker and his mother was a property manager. He grew up playing soccer and football, and he played childhood chess games with his grandfather. He learned the importance of social justice, empathy toward others, and doing the right thing even when it is difficult. His passion for public service was sparked when, at 10 years old, he attended a campaign rally and met his new hero, then-First Lady Hillary Clinton.

In a state that elected Walker three times and Ryan eight loving times, this dude runs for office and openly admits worshipping Hillary.

Yeah, he has zero chance.

If he is truly passionate about public service, I think perhaps he needs to spend more time in Wisconsin and understand its people better, then significantly revise his messaging.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Surely they can find some grizzled union attorney or whatever in Kenosha instead of importing a rando hashtagger

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

On the other hand, he has been re-elected 8 times and has never won less than 55 percent of the vote.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah, he has zero chance.

He can be a warm body carried into office through a national wave, that otherwise might stay in Republican hands because no candidate was on the ballot to benefit from the wave. But he's sure not going to be doing himself any favors by campaigning, writing, or opening his mouth in public if that's the best he can do.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Same thing was true of a bunch of people who got knocked off in 2006, you gotta shoot your shot

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Looking like Matt Stafford in Wisconsin isn't going to help him.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So his platform is "I'm not Paul Ryan."

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

" and also I'm still white"

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

There Bias Two posted:

Better platform than "I'm Paul Ryan"

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

There Bias Two posted:

To be fair, that's a pretty good platform, even more so if you are a republican.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

There Bias Two posted:

what, you don't appreciate that platform?

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

I'm less bad than the other guy is always a winning electoral strat.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

cochise posted:

First random site I found on Google charged $50 for 5k followers.

gently caress I'm going to do this right now.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Tarezax posted:

Can you get banned for buying fake followers? Because if so, report the poo poo out of him lol

Don't get him banned, that's his only outlet

Without twitter he'll go back to dropping bombs for attention

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

There's a lot of really lovely areas in WI-01, and a lot of very wealthy ones, 01 went trump by 10.

It's winnable given the current atmosphere i think, since Racine/Kenosha are a part of it

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

I'm less bad than the other guy is always a winning electoral strat.

worked for hillar-

record scratch

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Conservatives: Don't call Trig retarded

Uses retard as insult

Regressives got Triggered.

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011

skeleton warrior posted:

I just want to say it was a pleasure to share this thread with some Europeans and I'm sorry for what's going to happen as the New Cold War starts up

hint: you might want to up your number of nukes

I know this is a joke, but in this case ultimately Europe would become part of the greater soviet Union. So have fun outproducing this cold war.

Hint: you might want to up your number of industries

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

evilweasel posted:

He can be a warm body carried into office through a national wave, that otherwise might stay in Republican hands because no candidate was on the ballot to benefit from the wave. But he's sure not going to be doing himself any favors by campaigning, writing, or opening his mouth in public if that's the best he can do.

He seems like the kind of candidate that might flush a local candidate out of the bushes. If you're a local with even a flicker of a dream of public office, they can look at this guy and go "I can do better than that!" and maybe throw their hat in the ring. Or at least that's my hope.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

skylined! posted:

worked for hillar-

record scratch

Just ask President John Kerry.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

One theory I saw earlier regarding the increase in bots following DJT is it's part of the new Bannon/Cernovich "war room" and geared to influence trending topics etc.

Also, this is an interesting thread on bot spotting:
https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/869594784393945088

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Spacebump posted:

Lol looks like Corey Booker won't have a chance in the 2020 Dem primary. Wonder who Trump's challenger in the general will be.
https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/869040415118417920

Yet we'll still probably end up with some piece of poo poo like him or Cuomo (or Fuckerberg) because God truly hates us.

Doubtful. That isn't how polonium poisoning works.

Filthy Hans posted:

It's the latter, sadly

It's both. Booker's positive image is 100% pure "look how nice he was to other people that one time" stuff.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

demonicon posted:

I know this is a joke, but in this case ultimately Europe would become part of the greater soviet Union. So have fun outproducing this cold war.

Hint: you might want to up your number of industries

I mean, if you have no way of protecting yourself it's easy enough to out produce a pile of craters and nuclear fallout.

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

I enjoyed this:

https://twitter.com/AlexanderEmmons/status/869649552617463808

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
This whole presidency is starting to wear me down. Trump is turning out to be awful in ways I never expected. What is the world going to look like by the time he's through?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

evilweasel posted:

"I'm not from here, but you dumb hicks are messing up the country so I've flown in from the coast to fix your mistakes"

Yeah, that's gonna need an edit.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

hanales posted:

Can CNN really not get guests anymore?

I mean John Sununu, really?

https://twitter.com/bocavista2016/status/869658924085116932

Here in NH we call him GovDaddy. I just made it up but it's been catching on like wildfire among people that are me.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Blitz7x posted:

I can't believe the downfall of civilization will be from Internet memes

In the not to distant future The Internet and AI will top the list of banned technologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
https://twitter.com/AP/status/869677842715619328

• Locked thread