Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I just sat through a very long video about the Q&A wargaming did at the grand finals.

The Defender won't be on sale 'for a very long time'. Its gone the route of the E25.

Theres also some new anti cheat detecting stuff thats apparently more aggressive. They're also shutting down mod access to try and address this issue.

No new maps are currently in development. They're all getting updated to HD before we get new ones.

Theres a new camouflage system coming.

They're going to buff the type 59.

STB-1 is getting the Swedish style suspension.

Russian tanks are going to get a buff pass, particularly IS7, 6 and KV-5.

French TD line is getting remade, autoloader for the Tier 8 and up.

SU76i is never being sold again.

AMX 30-57 GF is also never going on sale again.

Maus and Type 5 are getting looked at, with a likely debuff coming to their armour. And they are going to look at the derp gun on the type 5 particularly since it is performing 'above what it should'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Wilekat posted:

Been dicking about at low tiers trying to decide on a medium tree to take a run at and oh my god the Chinese Stuart is king poo poo in T4 games.

It was king poo poo even before the MM changes. :hai:

e;
75 battles and 58% win rate in mine. Confederate and Kamikaze medals only things of note though :v

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 30, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Huh, so they're actually going through with the Ranked Battles poo poo tomorrow. Interesting. Also here's some loving horseshit from the matchmaker:

quote:

9. CHANGES TO THE MATCHMAKER
We made some changes to the matchmaker to decrease the number of one- and two-tier battles in favor of the 3/5/7 system.

The number of one- and two-tier battles will decrease in favor of the 3/5/7 system. The change will be noticeable at high battle levels (vehicle tiers: VIII to X).
Most three-tier battles will be created according to the basic 3/5/7 pattern.

Tier 8s will be pretty bad off if this goes through, same with tier 3 (tier 4 was already getting poo poo on pretty drat hard). I really enjoy matches where all the players are the same tier, since it's just more fun to me fighting on equal footing with other players where I'm able to crush them because they're bads, not because my tank has twice their HP and a vastly better gun that can autopen them while they can't pen me reliably.

It's kind of hilarious how they're deliberately and consistently making their game worse. The new matchmaker was fine, it just needed to stop giving one team artillery while the other team goes without, and maybe have more one-tier battles so that tier 6s and 5s could get into a 30-player same-tier battle so that tier 4s and 3s could breath, but whatever let's just jetison that. Ranked Battles giving you potentially massive advantages if you're an established player is pretty horrible, and being able to use those directives and improved equipment in tournaments is horseshit. Speaking of...

Tournament dudes, our bracket is up. We're on the north/west spawn all 9 matches - this happens way too often to be a coincidence, but I can't be bothered to figure out why they can't loving randomize the spawns so whatever. We have one good opponent, one decent opponent, and a whole boatload of baddies, so here's our gameplan - beat the baddies and intentionally draw against the good team, and then steal the good team's strat to beat the decent team! Fortunately no bonds should be paid out from Ranked Battles so we don't need to worry about that poo poo for this tournament week, but there's a good chance I'll never do tournaments again given the bond situation, so...yeah.

serious gaylord posted:

The Defender won't be on sale 'for a very long time'. Its gone the route of the E25.
AMX 30-57 GF is also never going on sale again.
They're going to buff the type 59.

This is really stupid but unsurprising. The Defender and 13-57 are so much better than their tech tree offerings that if you don't have them for a particular competitive situation, you're at a strong disadvantage, sort of how WAY back in the day in the silver/gold leagues before they had special accounts with all the tanks, some teams could field KV-5s for certain strats and it was bullshit that the opposing team literally couldn't do the same because the KV-5 was not for sale. The Type 59 getting buffed is a sign they're just going to sell the Type 59 again - there's nothing they can really buff on it without making it much better than the tech tree mediums except I guess buffing the ammo capacity? Whatever. This is basically just setting the environment for trying to milk the whales for all they can, both because "but this tank may never be sold again, gotta buy it now!" and also "but what if I need that tank in the future? gotta buy it now!"

serious gaylord posted:

French TD line is getting remade, autoloader for the Tier 8 and up.

The game doesn't need more autoloaders. There's nothing they can do to balance them - even giving the tier 10 the 120mm autoloader they've been talking about doesn't really help balance anything, because if it's better than the T57's gun then it breaks the game, and if it's worse than the T57's gun, why the gently caress would anyone play a turretless T57 with a worse gun?

serious gaylord posted:

Theres also some new anti cheat detecting stuff thats apparently more aggressive. They're also shutting down mod access to try and address this issue.

The cheat makers will just switch to companion .exe files if this is the case. There's nothing stopping the minimap destructibles mod from just being a seperate .exe like Tundra is and overlay icons where the map is. The way to fix the cheats is to remove the possibility for cheats, such as getting rid of all the goddamn clutter (but gently caress that gotta put a bunch of poo poo everywhere on the HD maps.)

serious gaylord posted:

Maus and Type 5 are getting looked at, with a likely debuff coming to their armour. And they are going to look at the derp gun on the type 5 particularly since it is performing 'above what it should'.

Huh, maybe my conspiracy theory about the Type 5's derp gun being bugged isn't too far fetched. I'm like 95% certain that non-pens from the Japanese 15CM deal more damage than non-pens from the British 183mm, even though the 183mm has a higher caliber, alpha, pen, and splash. I certainly take more damage from Type 4s and 5s in my Superheavy Spall Liner heavies and E3 than I do from 183s, even though the 183 suffers from substantially worse accuracy stats and a higher reload.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think the blowback from the Maus and Type 5 being literally unkillable from the front if the driver knew what they were doing has happened a lot quicker than it did with the E3? E4? Whichever one had the obvious turret weakspot that was actually 400mm of armour or whatever. The Type 5 in particular because I'm going to be honest, I have no idea how to fight that except to drive away and hope I get its side. Even if you can Pen it, it pretty much trades just as much damage as tier 9 HT's with its non penning HE shots, with the trade off that it loving murders your crew at the same time.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

serious gaylord posted:

AMX 13 57 GF is also never going on sale again.

Ugh. Two tanks I really wanted to buy. I don't even think the 13 57 has been sold post-buff, which doesn't make much sense given how greedy wargaming is. Shouldn't they sell it 'one last time' post-buff to maximize the money they rake in?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Russian tanks are going to get a buff pass, particularly KV-5.

Again?
It is probably the most buffed tank in the whole game. This is like the 4-5th time it is getting buffed.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

I think the blowback from the Maus and Type 5 being literally unkillable from the front if the driver knew what they were doing has happened a lot quicker than it did with the E3? E4? Whichever one had the obvious turret weakspot that was actually 400mm of armour or whatever.

that's the E3, but the since it's casemated, has poo poo side armor, and god drat no one actually owns one it's really pretty different from the Maus/Type 5.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

CompeAnansi posted:

Ugh. Two tanks I really wanted to buy. I don't even think the 13 57 has been sold post-buff, which doesn't make much sense given how greedy wargaming is. Shouldn't they sell it 'one last time' post-buff to maximize the money they rake in?

'For a long time' means they'll be on sale at christmas.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Hellsau posted:

Tier 8s will be pretty bad off if this goes through, same with tier 3 (tier 4 was already getting poo poo on pretty drat hard). I really enjoy matches where all the players are the same tier, since it's just more fun to me fighting on equal footing with other players where I'm able to crush them because they're bads, not because my tank has twice their HP and a vastly better gun that can autopen them while they can't pen me reliably.

It's kind of hilarious how they're deliberately and consistently making their game worse. The new matchmaker was fine, it just needed to stop giving one team artillery while the other team goes without, and maybe have more one-tier battles so that tier 6s and 5s could get into a 30-player same-tier battle so that tier 4s and 3s could breath, but whatever let's just jetison that. Ranked Battles giving you potentially massive advantages if you're an established player is pretty horrible, and being able to use those directives and improved equipment in tournaments is horseshit. Speaking of...

Seriously, I perk up a little bit and pay attention/enjoy things more every time a Same Tier match comes up, they're the best. What could possibly be the argument against them?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Nosre posted:

Seriously, I perk up a little bit and pay attention/enjoy things more every time a Same Tier match comes up, they're the best. What could possibly be the argument against them?

Tier 10 medium players having a massive cry on the forums because they dont have tier 8's to bully.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I've been trying to play tier 8s lately and it's actually quite awful. There are tier 8 premiums that I struggle to pen firing gold out of my t34, which is supposed to be a poo poo tank except for the good gun.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hellsau posted:

The game doesn't need more autoloaders. There's nothing they can do to balance them - even giving the tier 10 the 120mm autoloader they've been talking about doesn't really help balance anything, because if it's better than the T57's gun then it breaks the game, and if it's worse than the T57's gun, why the gently caress would anyone play a turretless T57 with a worse gun?

poo poo, I'd be happy if they'd just make the hammerhead not a weakspot

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Japanese heavies are dumb. 3k damage, 5 kills, and ace tanker just from driving forwards and holding left click.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Hellsau posted:

Huh, so they're actually going through with the Ranked Battles poo poo tomorrow. Interesting. Also here's some loving horseshit from the matchmaker:

It's kind of hilarious how they're deliberately and consistently making their game worse. The new matchmaker was fine, it just needed to stop giving one team artillery while the other team goes without, and maybe have more one-tier battles so that tier 6s and 5s could get into a 30-player same-tier battle so that tier 4s and 3s could breath, but whatever let's just jetison that. Ranked Battles giving you potentially massive advantages if you're an established player is pretty horrible, and being able to use those directives and improved equipment in tournaments is horseshit. Speaking of.

Unless they make T10s only able to participate in those ranked battles and the gear only usable there (which is still stupid) then T8 MM will remain permafucked.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

serious gaylord posted:

Tier 10 medium players having a massive cry on the forums because they dont have tier 8's to bully.

Ahaha of course. Given poo poo like that, the massive grind, and the apparent prem poo poo at 8, maybe I'll just content myself with maxing out crews around 5...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Cardiac posted:

Again?
It is probably the most buffed tank in the whole game. This is like the 4-5th time it is getting buffed.

You shut your whore mouf! :colbert:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You shut your whore mouf! :colbert:

I didn't say it was a bad thing.
I like driving mine and shoot all the glods.
But I can also remember a time where the number of KV5s in a game determined if you won or lose.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Nosre posted:

Totally agree.

Tier 8 is such a disaster right now, doubly so when you're trying to play your way through mediocre and/or powercrept tanks. Nothing but OP premiums and higher tier tanks, how fun.

Lazy Broker
Jul 9, 2013

Whatcha gonna do? When they come for you?
Is this game finally good? :gifttank:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Sanky Panky posted:

Is this game finally good? :gifttank:

lol no

Lazy Broker
Jul 9, 2013

Whatcha gonna do? When they come for you?

Great...

I thought about getting back but I keep cancelling the client update.

I still have nightmares.

Playing against 15 enemies and 14 useless distractions

:thermidor:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Barry posted:

Totally agree.

Tier 8 is such a disaster right now, doubly so when you're trying to play your way through mediocre and/or powercrept tanks. Nothing but OP premiums and higher tier tanks, how fun.

I only have one tier 9 I can play in a platoon right now because I hate the T8 grind. Well that and not wanting to buy the T54E1 until it's on sale again because f that.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

serious gaylord posted:

STB-1 is getting the Swedish style suspension.

:stare:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

That could be a mistranslation just fyi. They said it would get hydraulic suspension, which people took to mean swedish siege mode.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

serious gaylord posted:

That could be a mistranslation just fyi. They said it would get hydraulic suspension, which people took to mean swedish siege mode.

Yeah, I think its actual depression is -6, not -10, but it could also dip its nose by another -6 degrees, so that would make sense to add.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I got my first forum warning:

Cursing and profanities, Inappropriate language, Circumventing the profanity filter

Posting with the purpose of inciting unrest

I'm a little proud of the last part, that sounds pretty bad rear end.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Don't think I've posted in the forums in like 2 years and then only once or twice? For a while I've wanted to start a thread there demanding the ability to make crews gender fluid but since SoS and BIA work together now I guess it's too late :(

I bought a IS-6 not long before the defendor came out so joy if it gets buffed to be equal to that thing

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

quote:

9. CHANGES TO THE MATCHMAKER
We made some changes to the matchmaker to decrease the number of one- and two-tier battles in favor of the 3/5/7 system.

The number of one- and two-tier battles will decrease in favor of the 3/5/7 system. The change will be noticeable at high battle levels (vehicle tiers: VIII to X).
Most three-tier battles will be created according to the basic 3/5/7 pattern.

I really wish they would of focused more on this for the tier 6 and below, else this would be perfect. I can get que time outs at tier 6, so it means having to free exp to tier 7

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Cardiac posted:

Again?
The radio operator's Mum keeps complaining.

Fat Jesus posted:

I bought a IS-6 not long before the defendor came out so joy if it gets buffed to be equal to that thing
:smith: :hf: :smith: Sup IS-6 just before the broken tier VIIIs came out buyer!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I think the only buff you might be able to rationalize for the IS-6 is giving it the Defender's shells, but the Defender will always retain the angles the IS-6 will never get.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think the only buff you might be able to rationalize for the IS-6 is giving it the Defender's shells, but the Defender will always retain the angles the IS-6 will never get.

You can't give the IS-6 the Defender's shells, or even just the Defender's gun, because then it's just better than the IS-3. Actually nevermind Wargaming doesn't give a poo poo if their premiums are better than tech tree tanks what am I thinking.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Hellsau posted:

You can't give the IS-6 the Defender's shells, or even just the Defender's gun, because then it's just better than the IS-3. Actually nevermind Wargaming doesn't give a poo poo if their premiums are better than tech tree tanks what am I thinking.

Yeah, that would kind of rule out the Defender, no?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

xthetenth posted:

Yeah, that would kind of rule out the Defender, no?

Naw the Defender's armor is OP as poo poo too.

e: guess I should mention this - there's a weekly tournament next week. It's still using the bizarre group stage followed by a bracket on Wednesday and Friday where your first game loss knocks you out, and it's on Winterberg Encounter which I've already railed against for how hosed south spawn is. It's 5v5, tier 6 with 28 point limit, so basically 4 Cromwells and a Luchs because a Cromwell and a Luchs are better than any two tier 5s assuming KV-1Ses with the derp aren't useful. gently caress Ruinberg Encounter, I really wish Wargaming would stop using clearly unbalanced maps for tournaments. Also literally only eight teams will get more gold than my tourney team has already received for two days of tournaments, and literally only one team will get more gold than my tourney team will be getting this week even if we just get wailed on for the next three days, so gently caress this tournament.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 31, 2017

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

I remember buying the IS3A and feeling confident that would be the most OP tier 8 premium they would ever release. Those were more innocent days.

Refried Noodle fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 31, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Refried Noodle posted:

I remember buying the IS3A and feeling confident that would be the most OP tier 8 premium they would ever release. Those were more innocent days.

We used to think the SU-122-44 was overpowered because it was as good or better than the other tier 7 TDs, and then the E-25 came out. Yeah...

Also Exia/Mesa/HFX/Steel, we got paid for Monday already. You should be 850 gold richer, but there isn't a ledger or anything so hopefully you knew how much gold you had. We should get 1000 gold for today's fights eventually.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

We used to think the SU-122-44 was overpowered because it was as good or better than the other tier 7 TDs, and then the E-25 came out. Yeah...

Also Exia/Mesa/HFX/Steel, we got paid for Monday already. You should be 850 gold richer, but there isn't a ledger or anything so hopefully you knew how much gold you had. We should get 1000 gold for today's fights eventually.

Yet somehow the 122-44 doesn't get get to keep its camo while firing and the E25 did. Overall if they hadn't nerfed the tech tree TDS, the SU-122-44 would mostly be fine.

I am actually mostly okay with them releasing premiums which are mostly equivalent to tech tree tanks with maybe some kind of gimmick. That would make it closer to Warships where only a few premiums are OP compared to the tech tree.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

HFX posted:

Yet somehow the 122-44 doesn't get get to keep its camo while firing and the E25 did. Overall if they hadn't nerfed the tech tree TDS, the SU-122-44 would mostly be fine.

I am actually mostly okay with them releasing premiums which are mostly equivalent to tech tree tanks with maybe some kind of gimmick. That would make it closer to Warships where only a few premiums are OP compared to the tech tree.

Nobody really complained about the STA-2 being too good or the many, many premium Pershings. Even the CDC, which is the second third best tier 8 medium behind the 416 (and I guess Lorraine 40t now), was mostly fine because it couldn't just end a game by showing up on a flank and killing seven pubbies who refuse to fire premium ammo. Hell the T-44-100 is just a T-44-100, and they gave that poo poo out for "free". What changed between the FV201 (an even worse Black Prince), the Patton KR (basically the Pershing), the Panther 8.8 (a worse Panther 2) and the Patriot (a better T32)? Pretty sure it was the Panther 8.8 disaster where it sold so badly they reversed their policy of "slightly worse than tech tree tanks of the same tier, if they're really bad give them pref matchmaking" to "pref matchmaking is gone, just make all tier 8 premiums better than the last."

Then again there's still stuff like the Steyr WT or the random tier 5 premiums that they release with zero fanfare that are just kind of poo poo like the Pz3K or Turan III or whatever. Maybe they're trying to funnel more players into tier 8 battles so tier 10 players have someone to poo poo on? I dunno how the RU server's matchmaking works at high tiers. They said they removed battle tier 12 because there weren't enough tier tens on the RU server to fill them but that might just be horseshit. Maybe the RU server is just way loving different than what we're playing that these overpowered tier eights somehow make sense for the only server Wargaming cares about?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

HFX posted:

Are E-25 platoons still the rage then? I own one of those and have an amazing crew for it, I remember it being brutal in platoons.

Also the ranked battles you mention Hellsau, are those just a different solo queue with different MMR or a thing where you queue as team?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Oh god, we're actually going to have to play this poo poo game without legal mods for a while? :suicide: Those are the only things that make this game playable....

MariusLecter posted:

It was king poo poo even before the MM changes. :hai:

e;
75 battles and 58% win rate in mine. Confederate and Kamikaze medals only things of note though :v

Yeah but now they got rid of scout MM. :getin:

Hellsau posted:

They really don't play or know how to balance/develop their game. In addition to brilliant past ideas like dealing with the wolfpack issue by removing the Type 59 from the store instead of fixing the MM :rolleyes:, they're dicking with the new MM spread (which is fine now as it is) instead of fixing the vehicle type imbalance. :doh:

Cardiac posted:

Again?

And it's still a giant, slow shitbrick with flat armor and 167 pen AP and as much pen on its gold shells as the Defender has with its credit shells. These two vehicles can see each other in battle. :stare: One of them is grossly overpowered, especially for being a cash money young money vehicle, and the other needs to be buffed again.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I've been trying to play tier 8s lately and it's actually quite awful. There are tier 8 premiums that I struggle to pen firing gold out of my t34, which is supposed to be a poo poo tank except for the good gun.

What tier 8 premium tanks can't you pen with the T34 (especially with APCR)? The Defender, and maybe the S1?

Sanky Panky posted:

Great...

I thought about getting back but I keep cancelling the client update.

I still have nightmares.

Playing against 15 enemies and 14 useless distractions

:thermidor:

They ALWAYS come back.... :getin:

serious gaylord posted:

Exactly, it will get siege mode to enable that hydro suspension to get the maximum gun depression. How else are they going to implement it?

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I got my first forum warning:

Cursing and profanities, Inappropriate language, Circumventing the profanity filter

Posting with the purpose of inciting unrest

I'm a little proud of the last part, that sounds pretty bad rear end.

Yessss, feel the anger burning inside you! :getin:

Tahirovic posted:

Are E-25 platoons still the rage then? I own one of those and have an amazing crew for it, I remember it being brutal in platoons.

Fortunately I don't see a ton of 3-man E25 platoons, but we still do them ourselves on occasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I took a look at the NA review clip on youtube about 9.19.

You know you hosed up when the mouth breathers even agree this is a bad idea